Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i entitled to a refund because i paid by credit card?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

hi there, i paid for a deal online in december which then turned out to be a scam...a lot of people who paid via paypal have had a refund but i paid with my visa card and have been emailing the "support" department since december who told me if i refused the delivery and it was sent back to them unopened i would get a refund...i did exactly that on december 31st and haven't heard a word from them. can you tell me where i go from here? it was 39 euros which isn't a lot but thats not the point, i am broke so better back in my pocket than these jokers!
    thanks
    cocokay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

cocokay wrote: »
    "support" department
    Whose? BoI or Paypal? If it's Paypal, you can forget it. You'd be better applying for a chargeback. Paypal are absolutely useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi cocokay,

Thanks for getting in touch. We wouldn't be able to tell you here whether or not you'd be entitled to a refund as each would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

If you need dispute a transaction on your Visa Debit card, you'll need to fill out return the Visa Debit Transaction Dispute Form. You can find a copy here. Please include as much information as possible, including copies of the emails you've received from them.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

thanks Pat I've sent that form in. Who Is This, no i meant the "support" address for the online deal company who were running the dodgy deal and their suppliers!
    Hi cocokay,

Thanks for getting in touch. We wouldn't be able to tell you here whether or not you'd be entitled to a refund as each would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

If you need dispute a transaction on your Visa Debit card, you'll need to fill out return the Visa Debit Transaction Dispute Form. You can find a copy here. Please include as much information as possible, including copies of the emails you've received from them.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

my card was refunded this morning, thanks so much for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi cocokay,

Glad to hear you've received your refund.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement