Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daith piercing not hurting at all...........weird?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

So I got my daith pierced on Saturday and I love it! Thing is, it doesn't hurt at all and shows no sign of swelling or any annoyance in general. Can sleep on it no problem and immediately after it was done I felt nothing, I forget it's there everytime I touch that ear. Is this unusual or should I be prepared for an all out infection in the next week or so?

I have been cleaning it with cooled boiled water and an earbud twice a day, but it is an awkward area to reach and see. Should I really be using salt for it as well or could this actually start to irritate it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You should be cleaning it with a mild sea salt solution, preferably daily. Just because its grand now doesn't mean the risk of infection is gone altogether. I've gotten infections in piercings weeks, and in a few cases years after they pierced! The sea salt shouldn't irritate it at all as long as you don't use too much, less than half a teaspoon and taste it, should be like tears. Soak a cotton bud in the solution and hold it on it for about 10 minutes a day.

Better to take preventative measures than risk a painful infection!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

It has been years since I had a piercing (nose) and it was done so badly (with an ear gun!!) that I wasn't sure if my lack of pain/infection was odd!

I'd better soak it for the next while -as you said better to do preventative care!

Many thanks :)

Advertisement