Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to MAC

• 21-01-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭

Hey beauty enthusiasts!

Just wondering do Brown Thomas in Ireland do the Back to MAC?

Have a few empties and would like to treat self to my very 1st MAC lipstick!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

They do it in the Grafton Street branch for definite :) Just bring the required amount of empties and pick a colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

How many empties do you bring back? And can you bring back ANY empties as in eye shadow pots etc?

Toast4532 wrote: »
    How many empties do you bring back? And can you bring back ANY empties as in eye shadow pots etc?

It's 6 empties.

Only stuff with the Back to MAC markings on the cardboard box can be brought back (the website has all the info, the US website should have a link for US customers to use Back to MAC online, so you can check and see if all your empties fit into the scheme).

I know Brush Cleanser bottles, foundation bottles, most compacts, empty eyeshadow pots... are covered by the scheme. I think pencils are one of the few things which can't be returned.

Some people have had some hassle in other countries for returning panless eyeshadows (as in, buying the pot, depotting the shadow, and using several empty pots to get the lipstick), but the MUAs normally take all pots. But obviously if they see you regularly buying several eyeshadows and returning days later to get a free lipstick, they may get suspicious :)

EDIT: Limited Edition stuff is normally not covered. I don't think you can return LE empties, or get LE lipsticks (there may be some LE lipsticks available with the scheme, but most of the time you can only get a permanent colour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

bscm wrote: »

It's 6 empties.

Only stuff with the Back to MAC markings on the cardboard box can be brought back (the website has all the info, the US website should have a link for US customers to use Back to MAC online, so you can check and see if all your empties fit into the scheme).

I know Brush Cleanser bottles, foundation bottles, most compacts, empty eyeshadow pots... are covered by the scheme. I think pencils are one of the few things which can't be returned.

Some people have had some hassle in other countries for returning panless eyeshadows (as in, buying the pot, depotting the shadow, and using several empty pots to get the lipstick), but the MUAs normally take all pots. But obviously if they see you regularly buying several eyeshadows and returning days later to get a free lipstick, they may get suspicious :)

EDIT: Limited Edition stuff is normally not covered. I don't think you can return LE empties, or get LE lipsticks (there may be some LE lipsticks available with the scheme, but most of the time you can only get a permanent colour)

Grrrrrr, I dumped my cleanser bottle recently, thanks though for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Thanks to all! :)

• Advertisement

Grrrrrr, I dumped my cleanser bottle recently, thanks though for the info

No problem :) I only discovered that the brush cleanser could be returned recently when I bought my second bottle.

I've found it's worth keeping hold of the cardboard packaging, so in a few weeks/months time when you have some empties, you have a reminder of what can be returned.

Advertisement