Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walks

Options
  • 21-01-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for some good places to bring my dog for walks near Carlow town. I go regularly to woods out at Palatine, Oakpark and Clogrennane. My dog really loves the water though so any walks with rivers etc.. would be great. Is there anywhere suitable along the barrow? He is a small friendly Jack russell so there isn't really an issue in letting him off the lead. Thanks very much..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Anywhere along the barrow except for the bit immediately beside Graigue and the other end behind where Celtic Linen used to be & behind the graveyard.

I find the people on the river in Graigue very intimidating and you get a lot of drunks, homeless people & general lowlifes up at the other side of the Barrow in Carlow town. Basically I wouldn't go up either end on my own. A knife was pulled on a girl & she was robbed on the Carlow end of the Barrow a few months ago. During the day when busy it would probably be fine - loads of people go up there; but I wouldn't.

So if you have a car - go out to the Barrow at Milford or at the other side of Carlow, go to the Three Counties. At Milford walking downriver is lovely is where we would usually go.

The woods outside Castledermot or lovely, we usually go there or out to Stradbally. We don't have to worry about leads for the dogs in any of them.

I can't go to Oakpark - mosquitos love me :mad: - I have been eaten alive there too many time to consider going.

Advertisement