Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you see this youtube video?

• 21-01-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

channel 4's 40D videos are just not loading for me lately on firefox or IE. Is anyone able to watch this for example? i'm with vodafone btw if that's a relevant factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAqqn172kI

thanks! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Not working for me on Chrome, and i'm on Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

On UPC working fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Fine here using Firefox on UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Not working useing Chrome, with Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, Chrome and UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Not working here on Smart...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

hmm seems to only work on UPC. does this mean a problem at YTs/googles end? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No, I'd reckon it's the servers UPC use as a proxy that's getting around an Irish IP restriction for Channel 4.

but do C4 normally restrict content to the UK? i'm seeing the other C4 channels ok, and usually when there's a IP restriction they give you a message to let you know what happened? i'm sure it was working ok until yesterday/day before as well. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Yeah I get the restricted content message on a US IP but it just tries to buffer on an Irish IP. Ep3 plays on the 4oD website so just a prob with Ep4...

• Advertisement

thanks guys. i am at a loss to explain why this has just started happening but at least we know what is going on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

It won't work if you have Adblock enabled. It's the same with the 4od website. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

As MBSnr says, the problem seems to be with Ep4 as other 4oD stuff is playing OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

taytothief wrote: »
    It won't work if you have Adblock enabled. It's the same with the 4od website. :)
    I'm on UPC with Firefox AND with Adblock enabled and I can see it no problem. I can also watch 4od with Adblock enabled (using the standard Easylist) too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Chrome, UPC, Adblock on. All fine and working.
    Thanks for the episode, OP. It was, erm, enlightening. :)

Just with regard to the 4oD comments: 95% of Channel 4 content online on 4oD (Channel 4 website) and the content placed on YouTube is available to Irish consumers. This was a commitment by Channel 4, and something I can confirm first hand from the head of Channel 4 online and 4oD. Mobile devices are the only place where you will find issues, as it is (for some content providers, to Channel 4) seen as a different medium. If you remember, 4oD was briefly available, and then was gone for a few years, only to return in its current 'streaming' version. Its back, and here to stay, for Irish users also (especially since the advertising rights they have agreed on the video players, on their website).

TL;DR- there is no proxy, content circumvention, or legal loopholes: Channel 4 content is freely available to Irish users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Working fine here on Three Mobile 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Eircom and Firefox.

After a few minuets, it loaded. It played 4 seconds but then paused and the loaded circle appears again. I can see a screenshot of a sea and I can hear sound in those 4 seconds, but I got fed up of waiting and closed the tab.

It a strange one.

Google "British proxy" if you're desperate to watch it.

well i don't know what was going on for a few days but as of today 40D seems to be working ok again. gremlins in the interwebs by the looks of it! :D

Advertisement