Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard with BOI

Options
  • 21-01-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I was wondering if/ how i could make payments on my irish mastercard from Newzealand? Can i just go into a bank there and lodge cash onto the card like here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

OP - If you are registered for Banking 365, you can have the credit card account added to your 365 profile and then you can make payments through that.

If you wanted to make payments from a bank aboard, you would need to know the IBAN and Swift code for your credit card account. Bank of Ireland should be able to provide you with that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, you won't be able to just lodge money in a New Zealand bank. You'll need to arrange a transfer back to Ireland (to your own current account and transfer from there, or directly BOI Card Services)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

BuffyBot wrote: »
    No, you won't be able to just lodge money in a New Zealand bank. You'll need to arrange a transfer back to Ireland (to your own current account and transfer from there, or directly BOI Card Services)

Transferring it back to an Irish account and then paying online / by phone is *by far* the safest way of doing it.

While in theory there are methods of transferring money directly into a credit card issuer's account and including bill reference numbers and things like that, it's usually slow and it often gets miscommunicated / messed up as some extra info goes through on the transaction / a digit from a reference number goes missing and then their system fails to find the payment.

It's just far more straight forward to use your Irish current account and make a payment as normal. The systems are setup to talk to each other without fuss.

Advertisement