Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭

Where is the gym in NCI located and prices, can't find anything on there site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Search for SV fitness which is the gym connected to NCI.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

As far as im aware, being a student in NCI gives you free access to sv fitness, ive heard they don't have great equipment though, no squat rack or pull up / dip station. Only one Olympic barbell with limited weights (if anyone has been there recently i could be corrected)

seen as Phillip Matthews is President of nci i would have thought a excellent training facility would be something he would develop (he used to play rugby for Ireland in his day). then again SV fitness is probably a private gym just renting the space and not actually owned by college so he has no say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It doesn't give you free access as far as i know. You have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Casshern88 wrote: »
    As far as im aware, being a student in NCI gives you free access to sv fitness, ive heard they don't have great equipment though, no squat rack or pull up / dip station. Only one Olympic barbell with limited weights (if anyone has been there recently i could be corrected)

seen as Phillip Matthews is President of nci i would have thought a excellent training facility would be something he would develop (he used to play rugby for Ireland in his day). then again SV fitness is probably a private gym just renting the space and not actually owned by college so he has no say.

Fee is 80 Euro as part of the Fees you pay.

No squat rack but there is a pullup/dip station. The bar is not an Olympic bar and the only have one normal sized one.

@jamie2k9 if you are really into your training gym wise I'd probably find another gym anyway but its good for handy access from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 omgapuppy

It's €80 on top of the college fees. This only covers the academic year (9 months). To use the gym June - August is an extra €150. The gym is only open 7am - 9.30pm Monday to Friday. It's closed over the weekend.

Useless for a part-time student like myself. It looks alright tho. Not too busy & always nice and clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

omgapuppy wrote: »
    It's €80 on top of the college fees. This only covers the academic year (9 months). To use the gym June - August is an extra €150. The gym is only open 7am - 9.30pm Monday to Friday. It's closed over the weekend.

Useless for a part-time student like myself. It looks alright tho. Not too busy & always nice and clean!

That must be a new thing. In previous Iyears I have been able to scan into the gym over the summer without having to pay the additional summer fee. I guess money is tight for everyone these days.

Yeah a gym not opening weekends does not make sense to me one of the major disadvantages I think.

Advertisement