Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Line Problems Preventing Broadband

Options
  • 21-01-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

In the property I am staying in, there were a few faults on the line (very noisy).  These were in place when the line was originally tested for broadband capability.  Since then, the faults have been rectified and the line sounds much better.

How do I get the line re-tested? 

Also if the line still isn't suitable for broadband (old house, old line), would I be able to get a new line installed that would support broadband?

I need broadband for work and the 3G modem I have been using is slow and very intermittent.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

3_fat_nuts wrote: »
    Hi,

In the property I am staying in, there were a few faults on the line (very noisy).  These were in place when the line was originally tested for broadband capability.  Since then, the faults have been rectified and the line sounds much better.

How do I get the line re-tested? 

Also if the line still isn't suitable for broadband (old house, old line), would I be able to get a new line installed that would support broadband?

I need broadband for work and the 3G modem I have been using is slow and very intermittent.

Thanks.

Hi 3_fat_nuts

Would you like to PM me the landline number? I will look into this and get back as soon as i have information for you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement