Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Divers Bottle for PCP Air Rifle

Options
  • 21-01-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Just wondering can anyone recommend a Gun Shop or Diving Shop to fill my divers bottle for my PCP air rifle ? Ideally i am looking for somewhere in West Dublin, Kildare (Naas, Newbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip) or Midlands (Mullingar) or Navan area.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

try your local Fire station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I generally head to Lambay diving just outside Dundrum - I'm based in Westmeath but I work in Dublin.

I use a 300bar cylinder though so that narrows the list more than you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Not trying to be a smart ass but post this in the scuba section and I am sure you will get an answer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not trying to be a smart ass but post this in the scuba section and I am sure you will get an answer there.

2nd that, once your bottle is certified any dive club with their own compressor can fill your tank.
    Look up dive club registers for addresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

this is my constant headache... i live in cavan, nowhere near any dive shops, the local firestation have put a stop to filling bottles , some health and safety rule, no gun shops around midlands anywhere have a compressor, the nearest spot to me is Tannyoky guns near Newry! serious pain in the arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Being the latest in a long line of cheapskates and skinflints, I invested in the best air pump I could afford at the time, and have since upgraded it twice to more efficient models.

1. Once you have it, air is free - forever.

2. The exercise does wonders for the lower back.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

flanum wrote: »
    this is my constant headache... i live in cavan, nowhere near any dive shops, the local firestation have put a stop to filling bottles , some health and safety rule, no gun shops around midlands anywhere have a compressor, the nearest spot to me is Tannyoky guns near Newry! serious pain in the arse!

Maybe try this place http://www.paintballcavan.com/ if they haven't got a compressor they'll have the contacts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

EP90 wrote: »
    Maybe try this place http://www.paintballcavan.com/ if they haven't got a compressor they'll have the contacts..

Lol, they are less than half mile from my house, but they only use CO2 bottles. imust ask him next time i see him if he'd know anywhere to get tanks filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Whoops, I thought they used air.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

extremetaz wrote: »
    I generally head to Lambay diving just outside Dundrum - I'm based in Westmeath but I work in Dublin.

I use a 300bar cylinder though so that narrows the list more than you'd think.

Thanks Extremetaz, I spoke with George today and he was very helpful. He will sort me out with fillinng the tank. I am in no rush with the purchase of the tank as i am awaiting the licence for the new PCP. He says he might have some secondhand 12ltr tanks coming in shortly which would suit my needs. Thanks once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Go for a 300 bar cylinder - you'll only fill the gun to 200, but you get far more fills of the PCP from the 300 bar tank than from a 230bar tank - which means less frequent trips up and down to George.

I fill mine about twice a year and it's a 7L tank. ;)

Advertisement