Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website misleading prices

Options
  • 21-01-2013 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I just booked into trabolgan in cork for a weekend (3 nights). It clearly says on the website April to June is X amount for the weekend and July to Aug is X amount more...

I booked in for the last weekend in June but got charged July rates. When I questioned the rates I was just told this is the rate for that weekend, end of! I queried the website rates and asked were these simply wrong to which the response was a strange mumble about having to change that!!

I know I still had the option not to book etc but having already arranged other plans around this weekend it isn't that simple. The cost of the stay increased by 50%.

Have to say it has already put a grey cloud over the weekend and its still months away!!!!

Any suggestions of where to complain to so I can let off some steam :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Print out or do a screen grab of the website with the wrong price asap. If you don't get a satisfactory response from Trabolgan contact your credit card company and explain that you were overcharged, you should be able to ask for a chargeback to get your money back (presuming you made the booking on the site, although even if you did it over the phone they should have confirmed the price with you).

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

oneweb wrote: »
    Print out or do a screen grab of the website with the wrong price asap. If you don't get a satisfactory response from Trabolgan contact your credit card company and explain that you were overcharged, you should be able to ask for a chargeback to get your money back (presuming you made the booking on the site, although even if you did it over the phone they should have confirmed the price with you).

The OP wasn't overcharged. The OP was informed of the higher charges and then agreed to them. The OP has no right to attempt a chargeback.

The OP had two choices - when informed of the higher cost, they could have not booked or else they could have accepted the higher cost and booked. The OP elected to book at the higher cost.

However, the OP should complain, in writing, to the hotel management and also could try complaining to the advertising standards authority.

Advertisement