Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They said I was mad to put Boyce in my fantasy football team MAD!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Hopefully the goalkeeper were rumoured to be in for is Julio Cesar.

Anybody rate Arturo Vidal, hes just the type of player we need to shore up the gap between defense and midfield would love it if we signed him.

No hope of getting Vidal I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Was always going to happen, hope they can hang on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

**** sake hold on Wigan.

Galvasean wrote: »
    They said I was mad to put Boyce in my fantasy football team MAD!!!

BOYCE YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!!?!??!

• Advertisement

Phew. Great result for us. Need to make it count now tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Very good result today. Wigan deserved a win but spurs dropping two is a major plus for us.

Still a point ahead. Still in our own hands.

Just wish it wasn't man u tomorrow! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two points dropped by Spurs :D:D

A win tomorrow would be a great bonus now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great result that :), if only we weren't playing United tomorrow Ill be watching that game with one eye closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Still a good result but that equaliser was important. Given the goal difference, spurs being two points behind means Arsenal could afford to draw one game and spurs still wouldn't be able to catch them even if they won every game. That's not the case anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Great result. Means when we get beat tomorrow we'll still be ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Still a good result but that equaliser was important. Given the goal difference, spurs being two points behind means Arsenal could afford to draw one game and spurs still wouldn't be able to catch them even if they won every game. That's not the case anymore.

Agree with this, could be crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We play Wigan ourselves in a few weeks and they are fighting for their lives as today showed. Ideally they would be sorted by then, either up or down, but that's unlikely to happen now. With United having wrapped up the title hopefully they will take their foot off the gas and we can get a good result. Obviously they wont roll over, but at least they wont be desperate to win like if it were this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

A win tomorrow ramps up the pressure. Just wish it was kick off time already, the anticipation is killing me. Huge game and we need to show what we're made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We play Wigan ourselves in a few weeks and they are fighting for their lives as today showed. Ideally they would be sorted by then, either up or down, but that's unlikely to happen now. With United having wrapped up the title hopefully they will take their foot off the gas and we can get a good result. Obviously they wont roll over, but at least they wont be desperate to win like if it were this time last year.

Ferguson is always desperate to win. It's his hallmark.

They still have to play Chelsea.

That's the game to keep your eye on...

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ferguson is always desperate to win. It's his hallmark.

Obviously Fergie will want the win. I think they can still set a record points total? I mean more the players. Will they be that fussed now that the league is in the bag? Might take their foot off a little but we will still need to be on form to get a result. We need to be at our best either way, even a half hearted United are still very dangerous.

Wish we got Ben arfa instead of nasri, great player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yippie United tomorrow! :D

Just hope we don't roll over again like we have been doing against the bigger sides as of late.

dvemail wrote: »
    Just hope we don't roll over again like we have been doing against the bigger sides as of late.

Christ if they lie down tomorrow as they usually do against United then we may all give up. They have to get stuck in from the first whistle and focus for the entire game.

No hiding place tomorrow.

Buzzing for today, after 3 bad performances let's hope we can put in a good shift. Worried we have no striker to slot in. No mauling and for the love of god don't concede in the first 5 mins.

Wenger should show the players this video before the game, nevilles tackle on reyes was disgusting, mike reillys display was the worst I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ahem... Anyone remember the spurs supporter after the City match.
    Ye didn't expect that lads?..get in there

And you weren't expecting THAT. Go Wigan!!!

Silly silly post, always going to come back and bite you.

Best policy is just to shut up until it's all over buddy. I don't a actually hate Spurs but their fan's tendency to gloat that little bit to early makes the rivalry so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Podolski is playing central. Wilshere in the midfield.

According to muppets from Twitter.

Whatever happens today, I'd love to see a scrap. Looking back at the fights and the passion between both teams brought a bit of a tear to my eye.

Back then, you could tell the players gave a f*ck. I'm not saying they don't anymore, it's just a lot harder to see.

Cesc is coming back! Looking at flats in London, daily star why do you tease me like this.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/311687/Cesc-Fabregas-could-return-to-Arsenal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its the Daily Star ffs. They wont let the truth get in the way of a good story

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Its the Daily Star ffs. They wont let the truth get in the way of a good story

I know I was only messing, thought that came through in my post.

dvemail wrote: »

I dunno if that's entirely fair. We were absolutely mugged against Chelsea last time out.

If we win today, would everyone here think we have taken a massive step to the top 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Raf32 wrote: »
    If we win today, would everyone here think we have taken a massive step to the top 4?

Em...... yes

:confused:

Whatever happens today, I'd love to see a scrap. Looking back at the fights and the passion between both teams brought a bit of a tear to my eye.

Back then, you could tell the players gave a f*ck. I'm not saying they don't anymore, it's just a lot harder to see.

It would be a statement of intent for next season as well IMO. We have to remind United who we are.

A win today and we would have to throw away top 4 before the end of the season tbh.

Did we play United at the same time last year? This guilty feeling of not doing anything despite an exam the next day because we were playing United is awfully familiar :pac:

• Advertisement

Did we play United at the same time last year? This guilty feeling of not doing anything despite an exam the next day because we were playing United is awfully familiar :pac:

No was January, was year before with Rambo :)

Very few on our team who would be up for a scrap in fairness.
    Koscielney, Jack, Ramsey, Sagna maybe and i'm struggling after that.
    Go back a few years and you would find it hard to find players who were NOT up for a scrap.

Ah, must've been the 8-2 before some repeat exams. Actually could've been Ramsey alright. FFS, aways happens around exams :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 2m
    Podolski up top, Theo right, Arteta starts, Jack on the bench. #COYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

It might be no harm leaving Jack on the bench. Putting Cazorla out wide is a waste of time and playing both of them through the center doesn't work. Jack offers a bit more bite than Cazorla but Santi is much more productive and we might have to rely on his goal scoring with Giroud suspended and Theo out of form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Do we think Podolski will pose much of a threat to Ferdinand and Vidic?

Rosicky owes us a good display against United.
    I still remember his antics in the 8 - 2 game.

Whatever happens today, I think we can breathe just a tad easier with Tottenham drawing yesterday.
    Regardless of the team Wenger has picked, they would want to put in a good performance against the champions.
    I think RVP will score, so I would expect us to be setup to attack from the off.
    What a game this will be.:cool:

Was it a buy back or a sell on we had in Fabregas' contract?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very much doubt there was a buy back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

first refusal i think

Podolski first start as the main striker, ohhhhhhh this could be good

Kin hell Walcott!!!!!!
    All from a RVP mistake, oh the cheers!!!!!!!
    Yessss

But back for 35milk iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement