Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Even Arsenal draw this, they have to be favourites for 3rd. They have by far the easiest run in.

Montroseee wrote: »
    Even Arsenal draw this, they have to be favourites for 3rd. They have by far the easiest run in.

Chelsea probably favorite for 3rd IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Chelsea probably favorite for 3rd IMO.

They have to play United, Everton and Spurs.

Montroseee wrote: »
    They have to play United, Everton and Spurs.

I don't think we'll get 10 points including today unless we win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Will take that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Should be happy with a draw but that feels like a loss to me tbh.

A good result overall, we stopped their record breaking run.
    I think 4th is safe now.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Let Chelsea beat Spurs and take third and I'll be happy with 4th. Still a long way to go but anything can still happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Very big result. We often roll over against United so hopefully thats no longer the case and we can be back in the title picture in the next couple of years. Our form lately has been brilliant. If only we could do it for the whole season instead of just the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A good result overall, we stopped their record breaking run.
    I think 4th is safe now.:cool:

I don't think we are at all, very dodgy still. With Wigan still to play who are fighting for there lives and have a knack for surviving.

That spurs point yesterday could prove costly,games running out now, but still happy after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We really are carrying a lot of dead wood at Arsenal.
    Boy do we need major surgery.
    United could have won that in a canter if they needed to.

I don't think we are at all, very dodgy still. With Wigan still to play who are fighting for there lives and have a knack for surviving.

If we win all our remaining games, I'm sure you wouldn't call us dodgy with CL qualification for next season.
    It will be a good finish to a bland season.

No. We dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If we win all our remaining games, I'm sure you wouldn't call us dodgy with CL qualification for next season.
    It will be a good finish to a bland season.

But that's a big IF we win all our games ;).

• Advertisement

It's out of our hands again.

But that's a big IF we win all our games ;).

And if we don't, we still may get 4th.
    If we were 5 points off 4th, I'd be worried.
    We aren't........

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No. We dont.

We need a big DM, a RB another CB and striker asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Happy enough with that. Matched spurs result and now we have an ok run in although wigan could be a banana skin.

You also forgot, CM, AMC, AML, AMR :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Happy enough with that. Matched spurs result and now we have an ok run in although wigan could be a banana skin.

Newcastle could need something last day..tricky game that being there only remaining home game especially after yday battering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's out of our hands again.

Not really, considering that Chelsea play Tottenham Hotspur, cancelling the game in hand in effect. Added to this, Chelsea will play Man Utd. as well as Tottenham within 3 days. Not to mention a last season game vs. Everton.

What would people prefer out of the Chelsea vs. Tottenham game?

I'd prefer a draw, all things considered.

If Arsenal win all three game left, they will be in contention for Champions Leauge football next year, is this not correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

We need to win our final 3 - QPR and Newcastle both want the season to be over, while we play Wigan 3 days after the FA Cup Final so will be interesting to see how Martinez handles that.

We have Sagna (assuming he stays) and Jenkinson for RB. RB isnt needed if we keep what he have. Koscielny and Mertesacker are our best pairing. Vermaelen is a more than capable back up. We need another back up to replace outgoing players like Djourou.

Agreed on DM and striker but that does not make major surgery. It's a couple of changes that a lot of teams would make every year. United, City, Chelsea etc all easily make three or four changes a year. Their is nothing major about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Should be happy with a draw but that feels like a loss to me tbh.

Feel the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Newcastle could need something last day..tricky game that being there only remaining home game especially after yday battering

Reckon they'll draw with West Ham and beat QPR so hopefully they'll be fine by the last day of the season.

Not really, considering that Chelsea play Tottenham Hotspur, cancelling the game in hand in effect. Added to this, Chelsea will play Man Utd. as well as Tottenham within 3 days. Not to mention a last season game vs. Everton.

But it is out of our hands,even if we win our remaining games, spurs can finish one point ahead.

Who got motm? Defo kos for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If Newcastle play like yesterday vs us it'll be a massacre

You also forgot, CM, AMC, AML, AMR :pac:

You might be happy with that but i'm not.
    We created zilch and scored a goal that was offside not that i'm complaining about that.
    I don't remember us troubling their keeper much.
    If United were at home and pushing for 4th place and a CL place do you think they would be satisfied with that? They would have peppered our defence and goal for the entire game. We seem to accept mediocrity at Arsenal.

Don't bother, sure we're only 19 points off the top, same as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Need United to beat Chelsea next week now, feels like a lost tbh.

If Arsenal win all three game left, they will be in contention for Champions Leauge football next year, is this not correct?

If Arsenal win their last 3 then Spurs need to win their last 4 to get ahead.

Seriously just google the premier league table, its not hard and you will see all you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

If Arsenal win their last 3 then Spurs need to win their last 4 to get ahead.

Chelsea can now afford to lose to spurs and still get top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If spurs win all their remaining games and Chelsea win them all except for the spurs match then Arsenal will finish 5th and they're aint shít they can do about it.

We could win our last 3 and still end up 5th if Spurs win all theirs and Chelsea win all theirs other than the Spurs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Anyways on a positive note, how good was Kosceinly again today.
    Every tackle he made he seemed to win. Getting better every year and is starting to look like one of Wengers best buys in recent memory. (At least in the defensive aspect anyways)

Jay Z and Christ Martin at the game today. I believe Jay z is a fan?

BI9G7cBCYAAZDhS.jpg:large

dvemail wrote: »
    Every tackle he made he seemed to win. Getting better every year and is starting to look like one of Wengers best buys in recent memory. (At least in the defensive aspect anyways)

Man of the match for me, so underrated, who got man of the match?

• Advertisement

Annoyed at how vulnerable we still look when the opposition get any sniff of a counter-attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Podolski up top - not good enough yet

Kos - beast rvp in his back pocket

Ramsey - if he tidies up his passing could be a huge player

dvemail wrote: »

He's class. Him and Mert work well together.

You might be happy with that but i'm not.
    We created zilch and scored a goal that was offside not that i'm complaining about that.
    I don't remember us troubling their keeper much.
    If United were at home and pushing for 4th place and a CL place do you think they would be satisfied with that? They would have peppered our defence and goal for the entire game. We seem to accept mediocrity at Arsenal.

I'm happy the players we brought in have helped us be in the same position as last season when we still had our best player.
    I'm not happy we aren't challenging for the title, but with the 3 above us spending way more money than us, I don't think it's realistic.
    Déjà Vu again in here every year.
    We need one or 2 additions, and I expect Wenger will get them, I also expect fans in here and elsewhere to call for his head and slate our team again as usual.

Annoyed at how vulnerable we still look when the opposition get any sniff of a counter-attack.

As good as mert and arteta are good when the game is stretched they may as well not be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So basically to use a waiter analogy, Arsenal are in danger of dropping the plate on the floor, with only one hand and a very wobbly one at that gripping it(Champions league football) but are hoping for one of the other waiters ( Chelsea and Tottenham) to screw up first,take the attention off them and meanwhile save face and regain their composure and get the plate the table, then laugh in the face of the other waiter who has got food in his face, the plate smashed on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Also think Wilshere can't wait for the season to end. Looked out of place when he came on, never really tried to get on the receiving end of the ball like he normally does and just looked out of sorts again. Looked lively when on the ball as usual, but would reckon there may be another niggling injury that may be holding him back.

I'm happy the players we brought in have helped us be in the same position as last season when we still had our best player.
    I'm not happy we aren't challenging for the title, but with the 3 above us spending way more money than us, I don't think it's realistic.
    Déjà Vu again in here every year.
    We need one or 2 additions, and I expect Wenger will get them, I also expect fans in here and elsewhere to call for his head and slate our team again as usual.

I call it as I see it.
    I also feel that if our players are not performing we should all say that.
    No good pretending a carthorse is a racehorse.

Not a hope Chelsea are winning all them remaining games

As good as mert and arteta are good when the game is stretched they may as well not be there
    Be careful criticising Arteta on this thread. You could've got away with it for a few months there but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Is going to be very tense now for the last 3 games and 4 for others, and its still touch and go as to whether we make CL. There are bound to be a few twists and turns still to come. I am glad that game is out of the way and we did not lose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement