Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

:o

I knew i was missing something, and I still haven't figured it out, feeling a tad stupid at the moment.

Edit-I get it now but still feel stupid:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lads, what ya think of this?
    Adler, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gonalons, Wilshere, Fabregas, Cazorla, Podolski, Jovetic.
    Good enough to compete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Fabregas will not be coming back. Madness to think that he will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Raf32 wrote: »
    Lads, what ya think of this?
    Adler, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gonalons, Wilshere, Fabregas, Cazorla, Podolski, Jovetic.
    Good enough to compete?

For titles
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Judging from the German teams over the last two nights we are seriously going to have to strengthen to keep up or mount a challenge in Europe. They have big, strong, skillful and very fit players. We need some height in our team. Bayern completely out-muscled Barca tonight and could be the force in club football for some time to come.
    I know we beat them at their place but now I think their minds were on the next leg that night and we surprised them. We need a bit of height badly in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I thought it interesting that Bayern didnt seem to be carrying many injuries into this match, particularily of the 1st eleven.
    Big physical and supremely fit.
    Ive always wondered about Arsenals backroom staff, theres constantly some few crocked.
    Didnt RVP state some where he thought the Man U training tempo was a level up from Arsenal.
    Arsene tends to flog our best players , we nearly ended Cescs career rushing him back and now Wilshere is showing the wear and tear on a young body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Oddly this season apart from Jack and Diaby, who is severely injury prone, we have not had anyone out long-term. I have heard others complain about the treatment of injured players and you may have a point. I am surprised Wenger has not looked into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I thought it interesting that Bayern didnt seem to be carrying many injuries into this match, particularily of the 1st eleven.
    Ive always wondered about Arsenals backroom staff, theres constantly some few crocked.
    Didnt RVP state some here he thought the Man U training tempo was a level up from Arsenal.
    Arsene tends to flog our best players , we nearly ended Cescs career rushing him back and now Wilshere is showing the wear and tear on a young body.

We havent had many significant injuries this year. Are you living a year or two in the past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont jinx it boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

too much silk not enough steel but thats been the way for a good while. Ye need to buy someone who is tough and can help lock out the defence from midfield but a key thing is the player has to have big game experience and have leadership qualities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Didnt RVP state some where he thought the Man U training tempo was a level up from Arsenal.

Never heard that about RVP. Even if he did say it, what would he know? He spent more time on the bench than Diaby.

Anyway, didn't Cesc claim that Arsenal were training too hard? You can't have it both ways.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont jinx it boys!

Haha, I've been meaning to bring it up for a few weeks now but didn't want to jinx it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Oddly this season apart from Jack and Diaby, who is severely injury prone, we have not had anyone out long-term. I have heard others complain about the treatment of injured players and you may have a point. I am surprised Wenger has not looked into this.

How do you know he hasn't? I'd be astonished if he hadn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8683892/

Carlos hits a bit of form and then doesn't wanna come back to us

Sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8683892/

Carlos hits a bit of form and then doesn't wanna come back to us

Sound

What?
    Transfer news: Real Sociedad's Carlos Vela claims return to Arsenal could happen
    "Going back to Arsenal? It could happen at any moment, but I don't want to think about it," he told L'Equipe.

How'd you get him not wanting to come back from that?

AdamD wrote: »
    What?

How'd you get him not wanting to come back from that?

Read the last line pal

he only wants to talk to Arsenal to get a transfer
    "My life is at Real Sociedad, and it is with that shirt that I want to play in the Champions League next season."

Read the last line pal

he only wants to talk to Arsenal to get a transfer

Hes already gotten his transfer though? I just think it looks like standard footballer talk. I love it here, don't want to think about potential offers blah blah. Not that I'm particularly interested in signing him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Our man Heyneckes from bayern would be a good fit at arsenal... although hes as auld as dirt... could bring the necessary steel and organisation to our ranks. Wenger I think has had enough and I would be surprised if he dosent leave this summer. Reading his body language you can see he dosent think we can challenge for trophy's anymore. that does not sit well with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

farna_boy wrote: »
    Anyway, didn't Cesc claim that Arsenal were training too hard? You can't have it both ways.

Story goes that Barcelona were amazed at the intensity and extent of his training programme. If its true then you'd wonder about giving injury prone players that type of programme.

But at the same time we do score the most late goals in the league (18 in the last 15mins) so it has its benefits too.

• Advertisement

cremeegg wrote: »
    Our man Heyneckes from bayern would be a good fit at arsenal... although hes as auld as dirt... could bring the necessary steel and organisation to our ranks. Wenger I think has had enough and I would be surprised if he dosent leave this summer. Reading his body language you can see he dosent think we can challenge for trophy's anymore. that does not sit well with him.

AW will see out his contract.

However a Loew/Heyneckes/Wenger managerial merrygoround post WC2014 isn't out of the question imo.

How is Low's club managerial record?

I'm still championing either Pellegrini or Klopp. Heyneckes would be good although he's a few years older than Wenger.

AdamD wrote: »
    Hes already gotten his transfer though? I just think it looks like standard footballer talk. I love it here, don't want to think about potential offers blah blah. Not that I'm particularly interested in signing him :p

If he could only keep his hands off the tranny's he'd be some player :D

cson wrote: »
    AW will see out his contract.

Do you think he'll extend his current contract?

After so many seasons managing the squad on a tight budget I'd say he'd love 3 or 4 more years taking on the Uniteds/City's/Chelsea's with a bigger budget at his disposal.

He's earned it IMO

cson wrote: »
    Story goes that Barcelona were amazed at the intensity and extent of his training programme. If its true then you'd wonder about giving injury prone players that type of programme.

But at the same time we do score the most late goals in the league (18 in the last 15mins) so it has its benefits too.

Training too hard...pffft, I'm glad we train hard, not like a bunch of fairies, sake anyone who says its too hard training at the club can either man up, or feck off to Spain to top up their tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Training too hard...pffft, I'm glad we train hard, not like a bunch of fairies, sake anyone who says its too hard training at the club can either man up, or feck off to Spain to top up their tan.

And if the too hard training causes us a bunch of long term injuries, will you still be glad we train harder than everyone else?
    It's not about them not being "man enough" for hard training. It's about the training overly hard potentially taking away from on pitch performances.
    I doubt any premier league team has easy training sessions, training harder than everyone else just for some sort of point proving exercise is completely idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Looks like Higuain will be up for sale in the summer. Would he be the type to help us go places or would Jovetic still be a better option.
    Or would anybody like him at Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'd love to see Higuain at Arsenal. Not a hope we'll see it happening, especially with Bendy boots coming back I'd say after he went to fat camp for the last season.

Llorente to Juventus on a free, and rumours they're in for Higuain too. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Roddy23 wrote: »

They'll need the 2 of them to make up for losing Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Higuain at Arsenal. Not a hope we'll see it happening, especially with Bendy boots coming back I'd say after he went to fat camp for the last season.

I'd love him myself but can't see it happening, as for Bendy boots I don't think him coming back or finding another club will matter he's not in Wengers plans and I can't see that being a factor in anything apart from maybe the wage aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

We havent had many significant injuries this year. Are you living a year or two in the past?

The point is gone way over your head...Im concerned about player fatigue that stretches over a couple of years and particularily the impact Wenger has on young players who's bodies are still developing. Its also connected to type of player Wenger now buys, players that are not physically dominant.

But lets keep it simple for your sake, theres no issue with Arsenal back room or injuries, nothing to see hear move along everythings rosy after all Arsene looks after everything.

Im living 7 years in the past, back when we had a team and a manager who knew how to win a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nice way to come across like an ass.

This is the same Wenger who turned the EPL upside down with his training methods? Diet plans? who turned the trianing of players into a science. The man lives and breathes football, this is the man who Tony Adams thanks for pro longing his career.

Whatever about Arsenal at the moment the team, tactics, board to attack Wenger on that front and since your fond of being condescending to others that is probably the stupidest post I have ever read on boards.

The point is gone way over your head...Im concerned about player fatigue that stretches over a couple of years and particularily the impact Wenger has on young players who's bodies are still developing. Its also connected to type of player Wenger now buys, players that are not physically dominant.

But lets keep it simple for your sake, theres no issue with Arsenal back room or injuries, nothing to see hear move along everythings rosy after all Arsene looks after everything.

Im living 7 years in the past, back when we had a team and a manager who knew how to win a trophy.

Thanks for your input.

You're right its a big conspiracy, and Wenger is in on the whole thing.

Whatever about Arsenal at the moment the team, tactics, board to attack Wenger on that front and since your fond of being condescending to others that is probably the stupidest post I have ever read on boards.

Lets even look at this. He's trying to say that a team who has the best form in the league over the closing quarter of the season and has the best record for goals scored in the last 20 minutes of games this season suffers from fatigue issues this season?! *

(*disclaimer, on phone so can't fully research these stats now. But it's something along these lines for sure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When Wenger goes my first choice would be Klopp. If he would be interested or not is another matter.

I really wouldn't like to have to see Klopp's face for ~60 matches a year.

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 9m
    Update.

Forget about Cesc. Very unlikely this summer unless Barca put him up for sale.

Jovetic tho. I'm getting excited about.

Make of this what you will. Seems the most likely scenario to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Make of this what you will. Seems the most likely scenario to me anyway.

It would be marvellous to have Cesc back but if I had to choose between the 2 I think I'd go for Jovetic. More of a pressing need imo.

Twitter suggesting that we might be in for Julio Cesear. Apparently we were in for him last Summer but he chose QPR. Probably offered more money to play there. That's annoying but he has impressed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

greendom wrote: »
    It would be marvellous to have Cesc back but if I had to choose between the 2 I think I'd go for Jovetic. More of a pressing need imo.

Twitter suggesting that we might be in for Julio Cesear. Apparently we were in for him last Summer but he chose QPR. Probably offered more money to play there. That's annoying but he has impressed me.

Had a quick look at some stats about Cesar there - Serie A goalkeeper of the year in 2009 and 2010, nominated for Ballon d'Or in 2009, 67 caps for Brazil, 5 Serie A titles and a Champions League. Can imagine having a winner like him in goal would give the rest of the team confidence. At 33, he still has plenty to offer. Would be a great signing.

Wouldn't be buying anyone off QPR tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Wenger hints that he wants to stay.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-admits-1867094

Do think that he deserves another few years. Especially if he does go and spend big money this summer.
    Would be pretty silly from Arsenals point of view to let Wenger spend big only to let him go and then bring in another manager who wants a total revamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Im living 7 years on this planet, back when we had a team and a manager who knew how to win a trophy.

Ahhh see now your posts make sense, welcome kiddo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ahhh see now your posts make sense, welcome kiddo ;)

Such pessimism, for one so young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

re Cesar, 33 is still young in goalkeeping terms and he would be a great addition to our squad. Hopefully he wants to stay in the premiership and stay in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

oh yeah, It's 15 years to the day since Arsenal won their first league title under Arsene Wenger. How time flies

http://www.arsenal.com/ggm-13-emphatic-win-seals-wenger-s-first-title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonga77 wrote: »
    oh yeah, It's 15 years to the day since Arsenal won their first league title under Arsene Wenger. How time flies

"It's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould! WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! THAT sums it all up." Such a great moment, such a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

"It's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould! WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! THAT sums it all up." Such a great moment, such a great day :)

Cracking finish too. Brilliant that it was Adams too. He'd been slated as a bit of a long ball merchant, so his renaissance was complete that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

After tomorrow's game against QPR Arsenal don't play again until next Tuesday week against Wigan. Have to win tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

wonga77 wrote: »

Manu Petit. What a man!

• Advertisement

u21s playing Liverpool (KO 6 30)

Zalelam (sp?) Gnabry, Akpom etc playing. Usually sauce has links, pm me if you need one. Its on LFCTV which might be free on sky? Was a few weeks ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement