Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

wonga77 wrote: »
    oh yeah, It's 15 years to the day since Arsenal won their first league title under Arsene Wenger. How time flies

http://www.arsenal.com/ggm-13-emphatic-win-seals-wenger-s-first-title

The day of my 15th birthday and oh boy what a birthday that was!!
    Im double the age today but none the wiser :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Better beat QPR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Ahhh see now your posts make sense, welcome kiddo ;)

interesting, so they only way you can make a response to someones post is to edit it ...
    try making a response to the original without chaning it in future and youd never know you might actually surprise yourself and me and actually have something of value to say.

The point is gone way over your head...Im concerned about player fatigue that stretches over a couple of years and particularily the impact Wenger has on young players who's bodies are still developing. Its also connected to type of player Wenger now buys, players that are not physically dominant.

But lets keep it simple for your sake, theres no issue with Arsenal back room or injuries, nothing to see hear move along everythings rosy after all Arsene looks after everything.

Im living 7 years in the past, back when we had a team and a manager who knew how to win a trophy.

On the injuries we pick up i would definitely say a big contributor is passing a dangerous 50/50 ball backwards to a guy in a standing position but that's only my opinion.
    I think there is a huge hint in what Wenger said today in 'getting over the rocky patch' financial wise and that Arsenal may well begin to buy get in some top class players in the coming years. Its frustrating to see other despicable clubs win trophies by means of having a rich benefactor but i'm glad that we haven't abandoned our admiral (if a bit too frugal) financial model.

The fact is that football is not played on a level field off the pitch and we have governing bodies full of self serving buffoons who are not interested in balance and equity but in the rich getting richer while the pigs still having their snouts in the trough.

Looking at that video reminds me why I get annoyed by the constant mediocrity of 4th and "competing". Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The point is gone way over your head...Im concerned about player fatigue that stretches over a couple of years and particularily the impact Wenger has on young players.

Any examples of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Southampton hit the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Southampton playing well today by all accounts.

First half is over and it 0-0, another 45 mins like that and I'll be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Southampton playing well today by all accounts.

First half is over and it 0-0, another 45 mins like that and I'll be happy

Spurs are not playing well. Southampton are holding there own but let's see how spurs respond second half.

Why was it a late kick off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Traffic accident

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal 2m
    Subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Gervinho.

arseblog ‏@arseblog 2m
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski (via @arsenal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is it a viable tactic for SOuthampton, that if they close down Bale, they close down the game? Where else will the threat come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Is it a viable tactic for SOuthampton, that if they close down Bale, they close down the game? Where else will the threat come from?

Bale is 75% fit at the absolute most and has been rubbish the last 3 games, we have nothing to worry about imo, Spurs without Bale are a very very ordinary team. COYG

Bale is 75% fit at the absolute most and has been rubbish the last 3 games, we have nothing to worry about imo, Spurs without Bale are a very very ordinary team. COYG

You had to jinx it didn't you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ah the son of a bitch scored...

1st shot on target. Really are a one man team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

haha, was always going to happen that.

Some team for the late goals, they seem to be able to grab something when it looks over, maybe its not our year.

Sorry lads my fault completely I take full responsibility :(

• Advertisement

Better win.

Spurs are very ordinary the last few weeks. Chelsea will beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hopefully we can blitz QPR very early on from the off and let them give up rather then them holding out for a while and gaining confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hopefully we can blitz QPR very early on from the off and let them give up rather then them holding out for a while and gaining confidence.

Harry will have QPR up for this to do his old pals a favour.
    We have to have the right attitude for this game from the start and if we do we will win.
    Some of these QPR lads will be in the shop window and trying hard to impress too. I'm going for a 3 -- 1 win with Walcott for first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We should be aiming to improve our goal difference over Chelsea from this game, could be the difference at the end.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Spurs are very ordinary the last few weeks. Chelsea will beat them.

Please try and learn from my mistakes :eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's how to start a match :)

We're due a high scoring match methinks.

21 seconds. YES!

First part of my bet up already. Theoooooooo :D:D

• Advertisement

NOICE!

Thanks Traore :)

Stupid Arteta being too quick and getting himself injured.

Get in there Theo u daisy

Still pissed at the bale result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Blitz you say?

Zing! :D

We need to keep piling on the pressure here. We are slacking off already and should be pressurizing their back four. Relax when you're 4 up.

Who is this Arzenal i'm hearing about on ESPN?

We need to keep piling on the pressure here. We are slacking off already and should be pressurizing their back four. Relax when you're 4 up.

Maybe more ever since that Newcastle result.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Maybe more ever since that Newcastle result.

:D:D Please don't remind us of that.

• Advertisement

Horrible match.

Looking a little too relaxed at the minute

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dammit.

Why are they so reluctant to shoot from decent positions?
    This sickens me as we should be out of sight with the amount of possession we have in front of their goal. Theo unlucky there.

Rambo needs to shoot. Hes lost confidence in front of goal.

This game is like a friendly

I don't like the way this is going now. We need another soon as I think they'll score at some stage. We are giving the ball away too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wake up - looking really soporific out there atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

yes we need to wake up a small bit and and be abit more clinical and put the game to bed otherwise it could be that were 1-0 up with 10mins to go and we get abit nervous and make a stupid mistake!

Cazorla's anonymous on the left.

Get Sagna off the pitch, horrible to watch in attack.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement