Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

F*ckin late goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Chelsea fans must be raging that they didn't win 8-0.

Maybe they celebrated 0 -- 0 draws like our lads did against Stoke and Sunderland earlier in the season.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

we should never have been in this situation. this is all down to wenger. he sold our best players over the past years and replaced them with **** players. going out of the CL will force wenger to piss off.

guy will never freaking learn at all. any other club in the world would have sacked him ages ago

we should never have been in this situation. this is all down to wenger. he sold our best players over the past years and replaced them with **** players. going out of the CL will force wenger to piss off.

guy will never freaking learn at all. any other club in the world would have sacked him ages ago

It will be alright Jonney.
    Even if Spurs were to beat Chelsea they'd lose to Stoke.
    We'll get fourth. I feel it in my water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So it begins... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Odd time to bring this up

not really odd. we should never be in this position to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Are you Piers Morgan in disguise? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

not really odd. we should never be in this position to begin with.

Why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Without Wenger we would be sh*t out of luck this season. Blame the board if you want to point the finger.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Without Wenger we would be sh*t out of luck this season. Blame the board if you want to point the finger.

Board doesnt dictate tactics and formations or offer our 10 year olds 30k a week. thats all down to wenger

Board doesnt dictate tactics and formations or offer our 10 year olds 30k a week. thats all down to wenger

They do dictate flow of cash and who comes and goes ultimately which let's be real here has handicapped the man completely. If he had it his way, keeping the players we have sold off over the past few years, we would of had a championship winning side for sure right now.

HazDanz wrote: »
    They do dictate flow of cash and who comes and goes ultimately which let's be real here has handicapped the man completely. If he had it his way, keeping the players we have sold off over the past few years, we would of had a championship winning side for sure right now.

We have a similar wage bill as united yet cant offer our world clas players 200k ie fabregas and rvp. We are prepared to offer 30k for the 10 year olds. thats down to wenger.

Our scouting system is **** now as well. a joke. this summer is the first summer we wont lose any of our starting 11 purely because we have no world class players anymore thanks to wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Europa League for us lads next season! I hope we win it! We should be favourites! Be great to win some silverware after such a long barren time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

This thread is the captain of pessimism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We have a similar wage bill as united yet cant offer our world clas players 200k ie fabregas and rvp. We are prepared to offer 30k for the 10 year olds. thats down to wenger.

Our scouting system is **** now as well. a joke. this summer is the first summer we wont lose any of our starting 11 purely because we have no world class players anymore thanks to wenger

You think that's all down to Wenger? Absurd. He isn't playing championship manager, there are other figures who presumably handle negotiations and the selling of our best players was not something he could control.

Also, that crap about the scouting system is just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fabregas didn't want to stay, he wanted to go to Barcelona, where he is from, offering him 200k wasn't going to change that
    RVP likewise, wanted to leave for trophies.

Wenger as the fall guy is a flawed arguement, and assumes that he does not wish the best for Arsenal or does not have his heart in it anymore, when this is completely untrue. The fact of the matter is, he has pushed Arsenal on despite of the loss of such great players, and could very well secure Champions League football for yet another year. Do you think he wanted to see Fabregas, or RVP go? Surely you don't, after so much time devoted to the club, to blame the man that has worked tiredlessly for the team, and achieved incredible success with them in the past. You would be better to direct your ere elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You lost the plot. these guys are professional athletes designed to play 90mins of football twice a week and earning a crap load of money.

You are just making excuses for these professional athletes.

The olympians put these lot to shame. take example jessica ennis. Did multiple events in the space of 3-4 days continues with only a rest between events during the day and rest at night.

She makes some of these athletes look like whimps.

case point messi. a real footballer. not a diving whimpy player that can only play 2 games a month before moaning about being worn out. Messi is a player who wants to play every single game he can. a proper professional unlike most of these Premier League players who only care about £££.
    Ok. Jessica Ennis might be fitter than the Arsenal players, maybe. But you definitely aren't. Also, I don't think these players got this fit by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You heard it here first folks. Send your 10 year olds down to arsenal to pick up 30k a week ... just make sure they're fit!

You lost the plot. these guys are professional athletes designed to play 90mins of football twice a week and earning a crap load of money.

You are just making excuses for these professional athletes.

The olympians put these lot to shame. take example jessica ennis. Did multiple events in the space of 3-4 days continues with only a rest between events during the day and rest at night.

She makes some of these athletes look like whimps.

case point messi. a real footballer. not a diving whimpy player that can only play 2 games a month before moaning about being worn out. Messi is a player who wants to play every single game he can. a proper professional unlike most of these Premier League players who only care about £££.

Seriously, what are you on about.

Ennis is in a whole different sport. Where is this comparison coming from?

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Seriously, what are you on about.

Ennis is in a whole different sport. Where is this comparison coming from?

ironic how you and others ignored when i mentioned messi as a perfect example.

what is your excuse for not comparing messi's fitness level and determination towards others?

what is your excuse for not comparing messi's fitness level and determination towards others?

I think the Arsenal team put in a good shift whenever they play. Show's in the stats that we score a lot very late on in games. We don't play well always but we do always try.

I would be pretty confident Ramsey puts in as much effort as Messi does.

I have to say that I have been hard on Mertezacker from time to time but yesterday he was a rock along with Koscielney who is our player of the year without doubt. He is getting better and more assured with each game.

Firstly, answer my question. Why Ennis? Did you get that comparison in the daily mail or something.

Secondly learn what ironic means.

Thirdly, as regards Messi. Yeah compare our players to the best performing player in the world over the last five years and if they come up short, you're right and we're all wrong. Genius!!

But to give you some answer, beyond Messi's freakish performance levels ( which you seem to be claiming are actually normal because it's just that everyone else is lazy), it's a different team in a different league.

AFAIK Barca do very little high intensity work in training and just go all out for the matches relying on those 90 mins to keep their fitness levels up. In the premier league, clubs tend to train their players quite hard. I don't know why but they seem to think it's a better idea.

Then you've also got the issue of the winter break and the fact that Barca's average La Liga match wouldn't be physically as demanding as the premiership (though not necessarily easier to win or anything).

You've really gone off on an irrational rant here Jonney. Basically slating our players for
    A: getting paid a lot
    B: getting tired like everyone else in the league
    C: not being like a random female Olympian
    D: not being like the best player ever

We have a similar wage bill as united yet cant offer our world clas players 200k ie fabregas and rvp.

Except of course that their wage bill was 20 million more last season. That would be Fab and RVP's 200 per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We have a similar wage bill as united yet cant offer our world clas players 200k ie fabregas and rvp. We are prepared to offer 30k for the 10 year olds. down to wenger.

FA Premier League (3): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04
    FA Cup (4): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05
    FA Community Shield (4): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004
    15 consecutive seasons in Champions League

FA Premier League (3): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04
    FA Cup (4): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05
    FA Community Shield (4): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004
    15 consecutive seasons in Champions League

You're missing the point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Fiorentina prez has come out and said a deal is in place to sign jovetic in the summer. I also love that HazDanz edited his post for grammer reasons and not grammar

stuchyg wrote: »
    Fiorentina prez has come out and said a deal is in place to sign jovetic in the summer. I also love that HazDanz edited his post for grammer reasons and not grammar

Tank u four pinting tis out

Would be a great signing. Would he play behind the striker or up front himself? I wouldnt half mind Remy either. Was very impressed with him yesterday, or Julio Cesar either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

where is this story?

gosplan wrote: »
    Except of course that their wage bill was 20 million more last season. That would be Fab and RVP's 200 per week.

instead of offering Walcott and ramsey new luxury contracts, let them **** off for free and we keep RVP and fabregas and extend to 200k and we would have probably decreased our wage bill a bit by offloading two average players i mentioned.

Anyways ask yourself this question. why could we not win a trophy 5 years ago when we had fab, rvp, clichy, toure,adebayor,gilberto etc etc all together?

easy. because of wenger.

Wenger had a superior team 4-5 years ago and still achieved nothing

I honestly just don't know what to make of this thread any more.

I have to say that I have been hard on Mertezacker from time to time but yesterday he was a rock along with Koscielney who is our player of the year without doubt. He is getting better and more assured with each game.

Mertesacker and Kocielny could win the CL for the next 2 years if they have the right midfield in front of them. As I assume we will have :P

instead of offering Walcott and ramsey new luxury contracts, let them **** off for free and we keep RVP and fabregas and extend to 200k and we would have probably decreased our wage bill a bit by offloading two average players i mentioned.

Anyways ask yourself this question. why could we not win a trophy 5 years ago when we had fab, rvp, clichy, toure,adebayor,gilberto etc etc all together?

easy. because of wenger.

That's a completely different point to mine, and the one you made previously. Can you do me a favour and read back through your last five or six posts.

At this point there's no sense in attempting to have a discussion with you. In one conversation, you've moved from lazy players to wage structure to why didn't we win a trophy in 2008/2009. There's no coherent point to be made other than 'its all Wengers fault' and there's very little regard given to accuracy or logic.

Moreover, you haven't answered my questions, which actually is ironic this time.

In short Jonney, you are ranting, not discussing, and I'd like to suggest that instead of posting on a discussion forum, you set up a blog and tell everyone what you think there.

I really mean this. You don't add anything here and you're not interested in discussing anything. You don't need us at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reading reports Bayern are enquiring about kos.

So underrated, never gets a mention from any pundits or commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I honestly just don't know what to make of this thread any more.

Same here that's why I don't post as much

We're not the team we were but were compared to the great team

If we great fourth it will be one of wengers biggest achievements

Now why is the squad this poor is another debate is it the boards/wengers fault. I don't no but no one knows so I stay away from this debate cause were all guessing

We're winning our games not convincingly but winning and that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

As an aside I have a feeling if wenger really wants cesc back I think Barca would sell

So someone posting here that Jovetic is done.

And reports in Spain that Villa is done for about 13 million.

They can't both be true. I'm betting on neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

easy. because of wenger.

That is just utterly retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Jaysus it started out a lovely morning but is getting cloudy now. Suppose it all started yesterday when I cut my hand on a cracked glass ... bled for ages. Should have known the bank holiday weekend wasn't going to go to plan! And world hunger, and the widow's pension!
    All down to Wenger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

rumours of done deals for Jovetic and David Villa gathering pace. Il believe it when I see it

Jovetic is more likely imo, be surprised if wenger signs a 32 year old sriker for the money barca will prob want

Both are massive risks, both injury prone and both coming off the back of average seasons. That said Jovetic in behind Giroud (not an out and out striker Jovetic) would be excellent. The Villa deal could be gold for us and a masterpiece by Wenger, no doubting his quality but he has been a regular started in at least 2 years. Massive risk, something Wenger isn't afraid of, but I would't be surprised if both reports are true.

Still need around 2 or 3 players on top of that though.

The Gonalons talk seems to have died down in the last couple days too, am I right in thinking he is a defensive minded midfielder, if so I presume its the end of Frimmy and Abou at the club

• Advertisement

The Gonalons talk seems to have died down in the last couple days too, am I right in thinking he is a defensive minded midfielder, if so I presume its the end of Frimmy and Abou at the club

Defence mid, captain of Lyon. Have to say he's one of my favourite Ligue 1 players (watch a lot of it) and would be a great signing. Hoping he is signed, need a DM and he looks the best we're linked with. Been hearing of a loan move for Song recently too.

Song can FRO as far as i'm concerned. Typical ungrateful Arsenal player under Wenger. See Hleb, Adecantscore & Flamini for more of this type.

Regarding Gonanlons. would love to see him signed if he is as good as you reckon. That would leave us with a choice of Rambo, Jack. Mikel and Gonzo for the deeper lying midfield positions. Lil Mozart and Santi for the more advanced role. Must say I would be quite excited at them options especially a fully fit TR coming into the start of a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Just read through the last two days of posts, embarrassing stuff.

Many posters giving fans of other clubs a great laugh at our expense. "They've gone in to meltdown on the Arsenal thread lads :D zomgrofl!!!!!!!!"

Some of you seriously need to pull yourselves together lads, we're fast becoming the laughing stock of boards soccer fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think the prospect of Jovetic and Gonalons is an exciting one, and Cesar would be a good addition too. I think all three are realistic prospects, especially Jovetic, I think there's definite credibility in that, has been reported consistently in the media, rather than some of the fleeting transfers we're linked to, and that Geoff guy seems to be fairly confident about it too, and he's seems pretty reliable and not your usual bull**** merchants.

I think the prospect of Jovetic and Gonalons is an exciting one, and Cesar would be a good addition too. I think all three are realistic prospects, especially Jovetic, I think there's definite credibility in that, has been reported consistently in the media, rather than some of the fleeting transfers we're linked to, and that Geoff guy seems to be fairly confident about it too, and he's seems pretty reliable and not your usual bull**** merchants.

In recent transfer windows there has tended to be an early transfer that was widely rumoured beforehand (e.g. podolski) and then after that other random ones come at the end of the window.

Hopefully Jovetic will be the early one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement