Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

With Fergie off, it makes Wenger the longest serving manager in the league. Think it also makes him the most successful manager (on achievements in England) and one of only two to have won the league.

Just hope it isnt Jose. I like him, and can tolerate him at Chelsea, but couldnt if he was at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Utd changing manager
    Chelsea changing manager
    City possibly changing manager

If we play this summer right for once

Maybe just Maybe..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Utd changing manager
    Chelsea changing manager

... that we will also change manger :confused::p

Utd changing manager
    Chelsea changing manager

Why would City change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Utd changing manager
    Chelsea changing manager

Maybe United will steal our Manager like they stole our Striker last year!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gandalf wrote: »
    Maybe United will steal our Manager like they stole our Striker last year!!!!! :eek:

Maybe we will steal theirs..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

jordainius wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of his on a personal level either, not speaking to media when things don't go his way, banning any journalist who dares ask him a tough question, constantly talking about referees, he was whining about the referee letting Arsenal adopt a physical approach after the recent 1-1 draw; one of many examples of astonishing hypocrisy on his part- the only thing more shocking than the approach United took in the game that ended the unbeaten run in 2005 was the absolutely appalling refereeing performance.

He has for years shown little or no class when things don't go his own way, I guess that's what you want to see from within your own club, that bitterness and backs to the wall the world is against us mentality when things aren't going well, and that's one of the many reasons he will forever be loved by United fans. And I admit; rightfully so. However, that mentality has led him to amassing quite a large amount of self-contradictory and hypocritical statements over the years, and things which can only be considered utter nonsense and garbage outside Man United's inner circle (players, management and fans).

I don't care about United, how they perceive things and their inner circle. So I have spent the last 20 years listening to Ferguson as an Arsenal fan, I only care about things from Arsenal's perspective; and from that perspective Ferguson has been an often infuriating man who has said many unacceptable and ridiculous things over the years.

In particular; he has always gotten an extremely easy ride from the media compared to Arsene Wenger, despite the fact that Wenger has always been much easier to deal with, that's not right.

End of the day; he is a legend regardless of what anyone thinks. What he achieved and how he just kept on doing it over and over again is nothing short of remarkable. It will be strange not having him around next season but I won't miss him one bit.

Final word; this will in no way bury United as a force, they won't just go away, Ferguson's legacy is that he has United are effectively now a Barcelona/Real Madrid type club that will always be there or thereabouts! So unfortunately this doesn't make Arsenal's task any easier from next season!

Wenger frequently displays a lack of class when he loses.

He, like Ferguson, is a really bad loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Isnt the stadium debt totally wiped out from 2014/15

No debt no problem

It's going to be with us until I think between 2020-2025 I read before but it is for a very favourable interest rate. Won't be a factor like it has been in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

meriwether wrote: »
    Wenger frequently displays a lack of class when he loses.

He, like Ferguson, is a really bad loser.

Don't know whether it was Ferguson or Clough who said, 'Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser'

As much as I cursed the mans name down through the years, it is sad to see him go. With Wengers time nearing, I hope the club can get its act together and allow him to go out on the high he deserves also. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dercola wrote: »
    Don't know whether it was Ferguson or Clough who said, 'Show me a good looser, and I'll show you a looser'

As much as I cursed the mans name down through the years, it is sad to see him go. With Wengers time nearing, I hope the club can get its act together and allow him to go out on the high he deserves also. :o
    Neither of them said that.

They said "loser" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvemail wrote: »
    Would love to see who we played against when he was the ref. Would reckon it would be more so the bigger matches, which we always seem to lose.
    Still though, i never like to see the man ref a match.

Mike Dean is the two ends of a ****. He never gives us anything and goes out of his way to do as much damage as he can to us.
    I can't understand why Wenger has never objected to this little **** refereeing our games.

Like him or loathe him Ferguson was a great manager and team motivator and has to be admired.
    You rarely saw a United team not giving their all on the pitch under Ferguson. They might have lost but they went down trying their best especially in the later years. He took no messing, always gave his best to the club and made sure the players did too.

Players and officials feared him such was his desire to get the best results possible for his club. The end of a great era for United so let's hope Arsenal can now become the kingpins of English football now.

Was praying adidas would return because i was hoping for a vintage re-release of the 89 away shirt :( Oh well.

Puma make nice stuff to be fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Really hope utd go for moyes in the real minority here but don't really rate him

Wouldn't want him at arsenal and would he happy utd get him ahead of others

Watch him go on to dominate with utd for the next decade now :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Really hope utd go for moyes in the real minority here but don't really rate him

Wouldn't want him at arsenal and would he happy utd get him ahead of others

Watch him go on to dominate with utd for the next decade now :):)/QUOTE]

Is'nt Rafa available in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Good lad Oscar!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Good lad Oscar!!

People keep jinxing these things..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've never been this nervous or invested in a game that didn't involve Arsenal before, or felt like cheering anytime the ball spends a few minutes in the middle of the pitch away from both goal mouths.

Please don't do this to us again Arsenal.

It's not too bad Marty. Chelsea are the much better team.

Yeh so far they are, Ill settle for a Chelsea victory, a draw be better. But if Spurs win were under serious pressure and our last two games we have teams fighting for survival who will be giving it there all so not the easy enough end to the season we would have hoped for.

• Advertisement

Yeh so far they are, Ill settle for a Chelsea victory, a draw be better. But if Spurs win were under serious pressure and our last two games we have teams fighting for survival who will be giving it there all so not the easy enough end to the season we would have hoped for.

I think a Chelsea win is best. Makes us only needing a win and draw in the last two games for fourth spot.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Prefer a Chelsea win to a draw myself. We can afford a draw in one game if Chelsea win, though obviously it would be great to get third again.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I think a Chelsea win is best. Makes us only needing a win and draw in the last two games for fourth spot.

Yeh guess im just clinging to hope we can still get 3rd and avoid having to qualify for the Champions League, that and I have a bet with work colleague who is a Chelsea fan that Arsenal would finish higher in the league :o. But you are right really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I see spurs winning their last 2 games so keeping them 2 points below us is better imo. At least we are back in control then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

COME ON CHELSKI

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    COME ON CHELSKI

How dare you in an Arsenal thread. Wash your mouth out.

I wish Chelsea would put them out of our misery with another couple of goals.

I wish Chelsea would put them out of our misery with another couple of goals.

Their play deserves it. They play some lovely football.

Adabayor playing out of his skin the ****.
    Never saw him try as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Chelsea falling asleep there.

• Advertisement

Adabayor playing out of his skin the ****.
    Never saw him try as hard.

Looking for a transfer or a new contract most likely. The only time he bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its in our hands now to get a CL place. 2 wins nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Still in our hands and can make third. Not bad.

Just. Win.

Still in our hands. 2 wins and its st totteringhams day and CL next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

If we beat Wigan and Stoke manage to get something against Spurs is that us safe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Still in our hands. 2 wins and its st totteringhams day and CL next year

A bit late again this season, but I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maire2009 wrote: »
    If we beat Wigan and Stoke manage to get something against Spurs is that us safe?

Yes it's bad enough supporting Chelsea, but now I've got to support Stoke :(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

greendom wrote: »

Make that Man Utd, followed by Chelsea and Stoke. It's a grubby business, being a fan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I feel like a dirty hooker just flaunting my wares to any club that wants me. Is it bad of me t hope the stoke spuds game ends in a violent bloodbath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

yeah it would be, Arsenal would be 3 points ahead & they'll never make up the GD

greendom wrote: »

The ogres will enjoy the soft monkey meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Have to get behind Villa first on saturday

Sky have a hard on for Spurs.

Gus99 wrote: »
    Make that Man Utd, followed by Chelsea and Stoke. It's a grubby business, being a fan..

I am in blood
    Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more,
    Returning were as tedious as go o'er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

HazDanz wrote: »
    Sky have a hard on for Gareth Bale FC.

FYP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Lets hope that Stoke put out the full rugby team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Chelsea fans sure don't like Benayoun. Thought he was decent for us tbh, scored some big goals. Chelsea should have won tonight but I'll take 2-2. IF we can beat a tired Wigan, that would put Newcastle safe and make our final game that tiny bit easier.

AdamD wrote: »
    Chelsea fans sure don't like Benayoun. Thought he was decent for us tbh, scored some big goals. Chelsea should have won tonight but I'll take 2-2. IF we can beat a tired Wigan, that would put Newcastle safe and make our final game that tiny bit easier.

There are never any easy games in the EPL.
    Even when teams have nothing to play for they seem to give it all especially on the last day in front of their home fans Newcastle will battle all the way.
    It's the Alamo for Wigan too because if they lose to us they're as good as gone.

Let's also hope that Stoke and Sunderland battle hard against Spurs too.
    As I and many other predicted it's a battle for fourth as Chelsea will get third by beating Villa on Sat morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just watching Gilberto Silva's Athletico Mineiro rip Denilson's Sao Paulo apart in the Copa Libertadores here. I certainly know which one I'd like to have back at the club. Could really do with a player like Gilberto

Also, this was nice to see I thought:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-wins-player-of-the-month-award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

There are never any easy games in the EPL.
    Even when teams have nothing to play for they seem to give it all especially on the last day in front of their home fans Newcastle will battle all the way.
    It's the Alamo for Wigan too because if they lose to us they're as good as gone.

Let's also hope that Stoke and Sunderland battle hard against Spurs too.
    As I and many other predicted it's a battle for fourth as Chelsea will get third by beating Villa on Sat morning.

Even if Chelsea beat villa we can get third if Everton beat Chelsea and we win both games. Most important is to win the games though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement