Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We can afford to raise it, but not to £200,000 a week. Think thats double our current level. If one player gets it, others will be wanting increases also. He'd need to take a pay cut as we cant afford that kind of money right now. Maybe in a few years we can.

**** 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rooney will leave but just watch Moyes raid Everton now.
    Fellaini will follow Moyes very soon.
    Tayto has seen it all before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

**** 'em.

If we give Rooney £200,000 a week, then Wilshere comes along looking for the same, **** 'em? What about Cazorla? Koscielny?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We can afford to raise it, but not to £200,000 a week. Think thats double our current level. If one player gets it, others will be wanting increases also. He'd need to take a pay cut as we cant afford that kind of money right now. Maybe in a few years we can.
    It happens at other clubs. The top players get the mega bucks, because they're the best and make the biggest difference. Motivates the rest to try to get to that level. Our system leaves us stuck with clowns like Bendtner and Denilson who we simply can't shift.

Also, our new Emirates deal should be bringing us in roughly an extra £25 million a year, or £500,000 a week.

Not to mention this rumoured £30m+ a year deal with Puma...

If we give Rooney £200,000 a week, then Wilshere comes along looking for the same, **** 'em? What about Cazorla? Koscielny?
    What have any of them done to warrant being paid the same as Rooney?

• Advertisement

Barcelona, PSG, United, City, Chelsea etc. famously all pay all their players the same.

I don't want to turn this into a Wenger debate but if people honestly believe that we have a half dozen or more players who would genuinely get £200k elsewhere then we have a much stronger squad than I realised and Wenger isn't getting the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I don't want to turn this into a Wenger debate but if people honestly believe that we have a half dozen or more players who would genuinely get £200k elsewhere then we have a much stronger squad than I realised and Wenger isn't getting the most out of it.

Look, the bitching and moaning is bad enough in here already when our top players are being paid just over 100k. Can you imagine if we were paying someone twice that and they had a bad game?

Plus jonny would have a total meltdown and expect them to run a marathon every match and not get tired. :D

The talk of us being paupers really needs to stop. Have a look at the last Deloitte football report - we were the 6th richest club in the world in 11/12 (leap-frogged by Chelsea, largely due to their CL run), with revenue of £235 million. The new sponsorship and kit deals, added various other commercial deals being replaced/brought in, should push us up to pretty close to £300 million... which incidentally, is where Bayern Munich are.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Look, the bitching and moaning is bad enough in here already when our top players are being paid just over 100k. Can you imagine if we were paying someone twice that and they had a bad game?

Plus jonny would have a total meltdown and expect them to run a marathon every match and not get tired. :D
    Yeah let's stick with trying for 4th because some people get annoyed when we lost. Sweet ****ing Jesus.
    The talk of us being paupers really needs to stop. Have a look at the last Deloitte football report - we were the 6th richest club in the world in 11/12 (leap-frogged by Chelsea, largely due to their CL run), with revenue of £235 million. The new sponsorship and kit deals, added various other commercial deals being replaced/brought in, should push us up to pretty close to £300 million... which incidentally, is where Bayern Munich are.
    Exactly. There is no debate, our wage structure doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rooney will leave but just watch Moyes raid Everton now.
    Fellaini will follow Moyes very soon.
    Tayto has seen it all before.

Baines too I reckon.

Yeah let's stick with trying for 4th because some people get annoyed when we lost. Sweet ****ing Jesus.

Exactly. There is no debate, our wage structure doesn't work.

Wow. How did you manage to interpret that from what I said?

And for what it's worth, we don't have to lose for people to bitch and moan, as you have so eloquently demonstrated.

I'd love to be able to sign a player like Rooney, as I'm sure many of us would. But I dont think we can afford to suddenly go from £100,000 to in excess of £200,000. In a couple of years time? Sure. Right now? Dont think so.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Wow. How did you manage to interpret that from what I said?

And for what it's worth, we don't have to lose for people to bitch and moan, as you have so eloquently demonstrated.
    What the hell is your point then?
    I'd love to be able to sign a player like Rooney, as I'm sure many of us would. But I dont think we can afford to suddenly go from £100,000 to in excess of £200,000. In a couple of years time? Sure. Right now? Dont think so.
    You're wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, it's in black and white, we have plenty of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

People will you please stop arguing with each other like Chelsea fans, it's embarassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

As an arsenal fan hoping we close the gap an eventually catch utd
    I'm delighted there gonna appoint moyes

I think we could appoint Rab C. Nesbitt and still finish ahead of Arsenal so I wouldn't get too excited ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think we could appoint Rab C. Nesbitt and still finish ahead of Arsenal so I wouldn't get too excited ;)

So Fergie wasn't that great a manager then ?

What the hell is your point then?

You're wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, it's in black and white, we have plenty of money.

It was a joke. Something badly needed in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lads seriously 200k a week for Wayne Rooney?! I wouldn't let that ****e through the gates to clean boots never mind pay him that kind of money, and if you think AW would you've seriously lost it.

If we were gonna sign a superstar and pay them that sort of money we might start with someone who at least looks like he's still interested in playing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Lads seriously 200k a week for Wayne Rooney?! I wouldn't let that ****e through the gates to clean boots never mind pay him that kind of money, and if you think AW would you've seriously lost it.

If we were gonna sign a superstar and pay them that sort of money we might start with someone who at least looks like he's still interested in playing the game.

We'd get Ronaldo for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Have a feeling you were born in 1988 Griffin1988, started watching football about 94/95... big Man U fan. No surprise there.

While there's every chance United won't go through another 26 year title drought, your greatest manager of all time finished behind us 8 times in his 27 seasons and your new manager has finished behind us in all of his, so I wouldn't get too cocky.

Let's see the table next Christmas, but if you think this transition is just gonna be a walk in the park and United win the league with 4 games left next season I think you might be in for a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Just this talk of Rooney reminds me of the last player we bought off United :o

gun__1219306251_silvestre_gallery4.jpg

He did score that night we let Sp*rs get back to 4-4 and they made their DVD...

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Just this talk of Rooney reminds me of the last player we bought off United :o

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/aug_08/gun__1219306251_silvestre_gallery4.jpg

He did score that night we let Sp*rs get back to 4-4 and they made their DVD...

Mr. Potato Head was brought in as back up. He shouldnt have played anywhere near as much as he did but injuries forced it.

Rooney is nowhere close to that. Even out of form he still gets close to 20 a season.

Football manager time: Rooney and Fabregas :D
    Reality time: No Rooney and unlikely Fabregas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Mr. Potato Head was brought in as back up. He shouldnt have played anywhere near as much as he did but injuries forced it.

Rooney is nowhere close to that. Even out of form he still gets close to 20 a season.

Football manager time: Rooney and Fabregas :D
    Reality time: No Rooney and unlikely Fabregas :(

I actually do like Rooney as a player - think he needs to leave Man Utd to get his career going again. He was banging them in for them and then Ferguson dropped him deeper or out wide, and even out of his preferred role he works hard.

On Silvestre, I was literally just thinking when was the last time we bought from Man Utd and then I remembered :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

My problem with rooney is that he's far too inconsistent. He can go through extended patches of playing like absolute ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

spot on. While he's talented, his physical condition and wishy washy attitude don't warrant 200k a week and the 30 mil fee. no f*cking chance. much better value out there in the market than Rooney.

If we're going to switch to counter-attacking then Rooney would fit.

Have a feeling you were born in 1988 Griffin1988, started watching football about 94/95... big Man U fan. No surprise there.

While there's every chance United won't go through another 26 year title drought, your greatest manager of all time finished behind us 8 times in his 27 seasons and your new manager has finished behind us in all of his, so I wouldn't get too cocky.

Let's see the table next Christmas, but if you think this transition is just gonna be a walk in the park and United win the league with 4 games left next season I think you might be in for a surprise.

Ah great reply :rolleyes:

My smart comment was in reply to a poster telling us that Arsenal now have a chance to "close the gap" on United.

Are you seriously thinking that will happen? A team nearly 20 points ahead of you, star studded will suddenly come within the grasp of Arsenal, a team barely scraping fourth place?
    and your new manager has finished behind us in all of his

Pretty irrelevant seeing as he is now managing a totally different team, with a bigger budget, a infinitely better squad and Ferguson just upstairs.

your greatest manager of all time finished behind us 8 times in his 27 seasons

The last time that happened was almost 10 years ago. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ah great reply :rolleyes:

My smart comment was in reply to a poster telling us that Arsenal now have a chance to "close the gap" on United.

Are you seriously thinking that will happen? A team nearly 20 points ahead of you, star studded will suddenly come within the grasp of Arsenal, a team barely scraping fourth place?

Pretty irrelevant seeing as he is now managing a totally different team, with a bigger budget, a infinitely better squad and Ferguson just upstairs.

The last time that happened was almost 10 years ago. Wow.
    It could happen, but sorry, it appears we should all bow down and accept it'll never happen again because Griffin1988 says so.

I'll try to clear up some of your ignorance for you. Reasons why people in this thread think Arsenal might close the gap. Emphasis on might, a word you apparently don't understand.

1: 2nd best team in 2013.
    2: All going well we shouldn't lose any players in the summer
    3: Plenty of signs that there will be money to be spent in the summer
    4: United could/are looking at a change of guard, with a new manager, no Rooney, possibly Scholes and Giggs too.

Genuinely did crack a smile at 'infinitely better squad'. You're in for a shock when you see how meh that squad is without Ferguson managing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Rooney is not what we need, if we sign a striker we need someone who will score at least 30 a season. Wright/Henry/RVP(2010-12) is the standard we need to bring in. Only three times (out of 11) has Rooney scored more than 20 goals a season.

We already have two good but not outstanding strikers in Walcott and Giroud who will match Rooney's usual rate of about 16-20 goals a season. We need someone outstanding.

And anyway, he's too inconsistent, and I can't see him getting any better. I'm hoping Chelsea will sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

jordainius wrote: »
    Rooney is not what we need, if we sign a striker we need someone who will score at least 30 a season. Wright/Henry/RVP(2010-12) is the standard we need to bring in. Only three times (out of 11) has Rooney scored more than 20 goals a season.

We already have two good but not outstanding strikers in Walcott and Giroud who will match Rooney's usual rate of about 16-20 goals a season. We need someone outstanding.

And anyway, he's too inconsistent, and I can't see him getting any better. I'm hoping Chelsea will sign him up.

Very disingenuous. In several of those seasons he was in a supporting role, to Ronaldo or to RVP. He wouldn't be that at Arsenal. Also, measuring a player just by how many goals they score is absurd in any case.

Also, someone who'll score "at least 30 a season"? How many of those players do you think exist? Very few, I imagine, who'd score 30+ in one season out of three in the premier league. Less than 10 in the world, perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think you'll be surprised to find that your squad isn't exactly a million miles ahead of everyone elses, including ours. The only real 'stars' in your 'star studded' squad that I'd put on a level above the Arsenal players are Vidic and RvP. There's very little chance that Moyes will be able to come in and continue on exactly as Fergie left off, as you seem to think will just happen.

And as AdamD said, this summer will potentially be far better for us than the last number of years for us, as long as we make CL.

AdamD wrote: »
    It could happen, but sorry, it appears we should all bow down and accept it'll never happen again because Griffin1988 says so.

I'll try to clear up some of your ignorance for you. Reasons why people in this thread think Arsenal might close the gap. Emphasis on might, a word you apparently don't understand.

1: 2nd best team in 2013.
    2: All going well we shouldn't lose any players in the summer
    3: Plenty of signs that there will be money to be spent in the summer
    4: United could/are looking at a change of guard, with a new manager, no Rooney, possibly Scholes and Giggs too.

Genuinely did crack a smile at 'infinitely better squad'. You're in for a shock when you see how meh that squad is without Ferguson managing it.

1. The second best team in 2013? What the hell does that count for? Can't believe you actually think that is a valid point

2. Whether you lose players or not, it would take serious investment before the gap on United is closed. That won't happen (high investment I mean). Even if there were large funds made available, Arsenal cannot compete with Man City and Chelsea on either a fee or wage basis

3. See above

4. Scholes had a minimal impact. Him retiring wont mean anything. Same for Giggs. As it is, Giggs will play another year. On Rooney, you are quick to throw about that he may leave (granted he might) but there is also rumours (equally strong) that he will now stay.

United will again reinvest this summer and already have a great base to work from. The gap won't close, maybe by a few points at most, but nothing significant barring a total collapse which is just as unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

And as AdamD said, this summer will potentially be far better for us than the last number of years for us, as long as we make CL.

I think this summer/next season are gonna be really interesting - big changes at Utd and Chelsea, expect a big reaction from City to address their "failures" this season, and this supposed warchest at Arsenal's disposal.

Always had a soft spot for Arsenal even though I'm a Leeds fan, so I hope the rumours are true and big signings are going to be made. Last few seasons we've seen glimpses of how good this team could be, with Wenger getting on a bit now is the time to go for it!

• Advertisement

1. The second best team in 2013? What the hell does that count for? Can't believe you actually think that is a valid point

2. Whether you lose players or not, it would take serious investment before the gap on United is closed. That won't happen (high investment I mean). Even if there were large funds made available, Arsenal cannot compete with Man City and Chelsea on either a fee or wage basis

3. See above

4. Scholes had a minimal impact. Him retiring wont mean anything. Same for Giggs. As it is, Giggs will play another year. On Rooney, you are quick to throw about that he may leave (granted he might) but there is also rumours (equally strong) that he will now stay.

United will again reinvest this summer and already have a great base to work from. The gap won't close, maybe by a few points at most, but nothing significant barring a total collapse which is just as unlikely.
    An improving team. If you can't understand the validity of that point then there is simply no point in debating with you. Arsenal had to completely redevelop their attack when RVP left, basically none of our attackers had played with each other before this season. Its no coincidence that our form has improved dramatically as the seasons gone on.

Dunno why I'm bothering, you don't even understand the most basic of points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Very disingenuous. In several of those seasons he was in a supporting role, to Ronaldo or to RVP. He wouldn't be that at Arsenal. Also, measuring a player just by how many goals they score is absurd in any case.

No it's not. It illustrates that he's not the goalscoring striker we need, because he's not that type of player, he as you have touched upon is more accustomed to the support role. We need a finisher, not a supplier.

Also, I did not measure anyone just by how many goals they score. I don't appreciate liars or people who need to deliberately misquote/misrepresent what others say in order to make their points.

And finally, its not absurd to point to a strikers goalscoring record, that is what they are there to do; score goals. I suppose it would be absurd to point out the phenomenal goalscoring rate of Messi and Ronaldo in the last 5 years would it??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As you say those players may have minimal impact on the playing field but behind the scenes they are part of the establishment and offer stability. With them going as well as Alex Ferguson you have uncertainty taking hold. Add to that the probable departure of Rooney, the rumours that Rio is also got itchy feet you have got problems maybe serious problems within the heart of the team. That's without factoring what players David Moyes brings in which could cause further friction with in the team. I have no doubt United will be there or there abouts next season but I really don't see you winning the league next season.

If we secure a CL spot then I expect us to make some big signings and to mount our most serious challenge for the league in years next season. I believe the management of Arsenal have taken the long view approach and now that we have built one of the most modern stadiums in Europe (whilst we kept qualifying for the CL with a fraction of the funds that our rivals had available to them) and now we will have a large increase in the funds available to the manager to strengthen the team.

An improving team. If you can't understand the validity of that point then there is simply no point in debating with you. Arsenal had to completely redevelop their attack when RVP left, basically none of our attackers had played with each other before this season. Its no coincidence that our form has improved dramatically as the seasons gone on.

Dunno why I'm bothering, you don't even understand the most basic of points.

An improving team or one going through a particular good run of form? And for the record, they haven't been that impressive against West Brom, Norwich and QPR of late.

I like how you also dismissed my replies to your other points.

I don't know why I bother, you seem not to be able to comprehend that Arsenal are not the only side that will improve come the summer (Chelsea - Jose Mourinho likely to come in and large investment and Man City - Will not make the same mistake missing transfer targets this summer) and as such, Arsenal will likely struggle to keep pace.

No it's not. It illustrates that he's not the goalscoring striker we need, because he's not that type of player, he as you have touched upon is more accustomed to the support role. We need a finisher, not a supplier.

Also, I did not measure anyone just by how many goals they score. I don't appreciate liars or people who need to deliberately misquote/misrepresent what others say in order to make their points.

And finally, its not absurd to point to a strikers goalscoring record, that is what they are there to do; score goals. I suppose it would be absurd to point out the phenomenal goalscoring rate of Messi and Ronaldo in the last 5 years would it??:rolleyes:

If you were using them by means of comparison, then yes, it would. We are not in the market for players like that, not just because we won't spend that money, but also because even if we would, they wouldn't want to play for us. We aren't successful enough to attract them at the moment.

You did judge him just by how many goals he scored. You compared him to Walcott and Giroud, when he is light years ahead of both. The only way someone could justify comparing him to them is by saying "well, they scored the same number of goals this year so must be just as good". So you definitely were just judging him by that, in that post at least. You said they weren't outstanding and that we need someone outstanding (implying Rooney wasn't that), thus putting him on a similar level. I can only go by what you say, and that was exactly what you said.

Rooney has scored 34 goals in two of the last four seasons. In the other two seasons, in one he supported Hernandez/Berbatov who together got over 40 goals, and in the other he supported RVP who looks set to hit around 30 (29 at the moment).

Also, you avoided answering my second point. How many 30 goals per season players do you think exist?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    As you say those players may have minimal impact on the playing field but behind the scenes they are part of the establishment and offer stability. With them going as well as Alex Ferguson you have uncertainty taking hold. Add to that the probable departure of Rooney, the rumours that Rio is also got itchy feet you have got problems maybe serious problems within the heart of the team. That's without factoring what players David Moyes brings in which could cause further friction with in the team. I have no doubt United will be there or there abouts next season but I really don't see you winning the league next season.

If we secure a CL spot then I expect us to make some big signings and to mount our most serious challenge for the league in years next season. I believe the management of Arsenal have taken the long view approach and now that we have built one of the most modern stadiums in Europe (whilst we kept qualifying for the CL with a fraction of the funds that our rivals had available to them) and now we will have a large increase in the funds available to the manager to strengthen the team.

The departure of Rooney is not probable. As I said, rumours are that he now is looking to stay. That the reason for his transfer request (if true) are that his relationship with Ferguson deteriorated.

Even if he is sold, that money will be reinvested, as will further funds which are no doubt available.

Rio Ferdinand I'm not too worried about. We are well stocked in that area of the pitch.

For what it's worth, I don't think we will win the league either (unless we can get another player on the level of Van Persie) I just don't think the gap between Arsenal and United will close in the way most Arsenal fans expect. I think it will remain in around 12-18 mark again, if not more. At 12, it would be an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's not at all absurd to point out that we need a goalscorer and that teh success of that player will be based on his goal scoring ability. We have strikers who can create chances, what we really need is one that finishes them - a fox in the box if you like :rolleyes:

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's not at all absurd to point out that we need a goalscorer and that teh success of that player will be based on his goal scoring ability. We have strikers who can create chances, what we really need is one that finishes them - a fox in the box if you like :rolleyes:

Gary Hooper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

An improving team or one going through a particular good run of form? And for the record, they haven't been that impressive against West Brom, Norwich and QPR of late.

I don't know why I bother, you seem not to be able to comprehend that Arsenal are not the only side that will improve come the summer (Chelsea - Jose Mourinho likely to come in and large investment and Man City - Will not make the same mistake missing transfer targets this summer) and as such, Arsenal will likely struggle to keep pace.

Some valid points there...but you're basically saying Arsenal might as well give up on title challenges because they can't compete financially with the big three. The thing is, nobody stays at the top forever...10 years ago Chelsea were still a decent team who did well in cups while City weren't even in the division. 10 years before that Norwich City, Villa and Blackburn were strong teams. The only constant here has been Manchester United.

Now they'll be up there in the top four competing for years to come but to dismiss Arsenal because Chelsea/City and United have more money is foolhardy.

Times change and Arsenal are in better shape than most to challenge, it may not be an immediate 20 point jump but Arsenal went from 5th to 1st between 95/96 and 97/98 and they can do so again. But someone will come along to challenge anyway...they always do...in 10 years time it won't be the same teams still at the top.

Gary Hooper :)

We'll take Javier Hernandez off your hands :pac:

We'll take Javier Hernandez off your hands :pac:

I actually forgot about that poor divil :(

Barlett wrote: »
    Some valid points there...but you're basically saying Arsenal might as well give up on title challenges because they can't compete financially with the big three. The thing is, nobody stays at the top forever...10 years ago Chelsea were still a decent team who did well in cups while City weren't even in the division. 10 years before that Norwich City, Villa and Blackburn were strong teams. The only constant here has been Manchester United.

Now they'll be up there in the top four competing for years to come but to dismiss Arsenal because Chelsea/City and United have more money is foolhardy.

Times change and Arsenal are in better shape than most to challenge, it may not be an immediate 20 point jump but Arsenal went from 5th to 1st between 95/96 and 97/98 and they can do so again. But someone will come along to challenge anyway...they always do...in 10 years time it won't be the same teams still at the top.

I agree they are in great shape and may prove me wrong and make a decent stride forward, but it would take some very shrewd buying and possibly a break from the norm for Wenger with regards player type (for instance, will he bring in the tough tacking midfielder they crave? Or the Fox in the box?)

I just don't think that year will be this year. In fact I think it could be 3 - 5 years. Not a long time in football I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Games we won while not playing particularly well. Certain United fans crow about this being the "mark of champions" when their team does the same.

Games we won while not playing particularly well. Certain United fans crow about this being the "mark of champions" when their team does the same.

I haven't heard that from United fans.

We have complained about our team all season, despite the silverware. Leaking goals at the start, midfield getting overrun. I don't think you could say we were too happy when we won and played badly, more relieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I haven't heard that from United fans.

We have complained about our team all season, despite the silverware. Leaking goals at the start, midfield getting overrun. I don't think you could say we were too happy when we won and played badly, more relieved.

Yes it's the likes of Shearer, Hansen, Lawrenson and Lineker who are more likely to spout that line.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement