Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Has nobody learned anything yet?

We are in for nobody and we will get nobody.
    It's all about profits.

(Hope this comes back to haunt me but seriously doubt it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Quazzie wrote: »
    He was an Arsenal fan as a kid so I'd say he might be interested, plus Posh would love London.

Was he not a Man U fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was he not a Man U fan?
    No. He joined Utd at a young age but his family and him were Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Was he not a Man U fan?

yeah, i thought i remember hearing when he was a lad, he loved man u even tho he lived in London???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Was he not a Man U fan?

"It has always been my boyhood dream to play for the club that I am now joining."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It appears from the last sentence in this that I am wrong.
    I can't bring myself to support Arsenal, although I do respect the club.

Galvasean wrote: »
    "It has always been my boyhood dream to play for the club that I am now joining."

And how many times did Robbie Keane say the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If we sign David Beckam we are the new Spurs

Soups123 wrote: »
    If we sign David Beckam we are the new Spurs

Ehhhhh...

What?

Ehhhhh...

What?
    They used to love picking up players passed there prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

tNPm0n5.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Where you get the photo? Love Becks myself legend of the game.

Would love if he signed , Suarez is also top of my hitlist. I really think we would be a missing link for us.

DB10 wrote: »

Would love if he signed , Suarez is also top of my hitlist. I really think we would be a missing link for us.

Some goalscorer but id say a pure glory boy only in it for himself (not alone in fairness but a pretty bad case).

I suppose most strikers have that about them but while many would be happy to see a top class player come to the club to play up front with them id say Suarez is the type who would throw his toys out of the pram because 'the new baby' would be getting all the attention.

The b*llocking he gave his young teammate the weekend was uncalled for. Suarez himself wasnt even in a position to receive the ball. While the young fellow did scuff his shot there was no need to roast him like he did

I dunno. I kinda wish we had a decent striker that was that bit more selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Some goalscorer but id say a pure glory boy only in it for himself (not alone in fairness but a pretty bad case).

I suppose most strikers have that about them but while many would be happy to see a top class player come to the club to play up front with them id say Suarez is the type who would throw his toys out of the pram because 'the new baby' would be getting all the attention.

What is that based on? Suarez would be an amazing signing for anyone. Genuinely world-class. If Liverpool signed a top striker in the morning you think he wouldn't be happy with it???
    The b*llocking he gave his young teammate the weekend was uncalled for. Suarez himself wasnt even in a position to receive the ball. While the young fellow did scuff his shot there was no need to roast him like he did

That's perfectly acceptable to me and happens in every high level sports team (and rightly so). If a team mate makes a bad decision you are more than entitled to let them no about it, regardless of age. Neither Suarez or Robinson would have given it a moments thought after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool wouldn't sell him for under 25 million and arsenal wouldn't spend that much money on him.

Also he's a primadona and his sportsmanship is questionable.

I'd easily pay 30 or 35 million for him. I'm sure we have it, doubt it will happen though sadly. Exact type of player we are missing IMO.

Lavezzi is another smiliar type I would love. That kind of player would be magic with us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool wouldn't sell him for under 25 million and arsenal wouldn't spend that much money on him.

Also he's a primadona and his sportsmanship is questionable.

25m :D
    Double it and Liverpool still wouldnt sell him.

Could someone pop over to the Liverpool thread and call DB10 back to this one, hes a loveable little scamp but is a bit out of his depth.

In fairness if he wants out he will go. His career is wasting away, he'll want CL football very soon. Not being being held back by Jack Robinson, Barry Flanagan, Brad Jones and other mediocre Liverpool regulars.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

In fairness if he wants out he will go. His career is wasting away, he'll want CL football very soon. Not being being held back by Jack Robinson, Barry Flanagan, Brad Jones and other mediocre Liverpool regulars.

Barry Flanagan?
    Jack Robinson and Brad Jones are now regulars are they?

I know you must be used to your best players leaving your club but it doesnt happen everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Melion wrote: »
    25m :D
    Double it and Liverpool still wouldnt sell him.

Could someone pop over to the Liverpool thread and call DB10 back to this one, hes a loveable little scamp but is a bit out of his depth.

I know there is almost no chance that Arsenal would sign Suarez, but if Liverpool were offered £50 million im sure they will accept it. Like it or not if Liverpool dont get champions league anytime soon, then im sure Suarez will be banging down the door looking for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I wouldnt exactly be confident about us getting CL football this season to be honest.

Anyone with any thoughts on tomorrow?

I think we'll have too much for pool, they've signed sturidge since last time we played which is an improvement to their team. Both teams form is up and down, over all im not confident but i think we have it in us to win, possibly even run riot.

3-1 gooners win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Anyone with any thoughts on tomorrow?.

It all depends on which Arsenal shows up as usual, but if we play to our capabilities should have to much for them bar Suarez there a very average side, Sterling looks like he will be a great player but hes not the finished article yet.

Think I'll go see The Hobbit on Thursday night. Nothing to stay on for sadly. :(

• Advertisement

I think he meant transfer day.

I was quick with the edit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I know there is almost no chance that Arsenal would sign Suarez, but if Liverpool were offered £50 million im sure they will accept.

You'd have to be a special kind of mug to pay 50 million for a Liverpool striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mini album of their training session here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jester77 wrote: »
    tNPm0n5.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, we no longer have a number 29.

I know training tops mean nothing but still, hopefully there is something to it. If nothing else, it would REALLY piss off United fans :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Suarez? dafuq?

Aside from Suarez being despicable, everyone knows that you sell players to Liverpool; you don't buy from them. Come on, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All of Giroud's goals and assists so far this season:
    http://vk.com/video-37350667_164746234

hes been involved in some lovely goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Even the twitter rumour mill has stopped turning - I'm hoping it's the calm before the storm but I'm beginning to think we won't be getting anyone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Clock is ticking lads, if we dont sign somebody with a bit of class we can wave bye bye to Champions Lge football next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

AdamD wrote: »
    All of Giroud's goals and assists so far this season:
    http://vk.com/video-37350667_164746234

hes been involved in some lovely goals

With good crosses he really is super in the air

Also, Nickleback?! FFS :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

maximoose wrote: »
    With good crosses he really is super in the air

Also, Nickleback?! FFS :mad:

Yeah if we had some decent set piece takers he could easily be on 20+ goals by now.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah if we had some decent set piece takers he could easily be on 20+ goals by now.

Imagine if Beckham signed!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If only Arsenal was active as this thread during transfer windows we'd be sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Sums Arsenal and Barca up nicely

Daily Mail reporting we've made an £8m bid for Villa. Pretty insulting, even considering how much money they probably still owe us on other deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

keano_afc wrote: »
    Daily Mail reporting we've made an £8m bid for Villa. Pretty insulting, even considering how much money they probably still owe us on other deals.

More importantly, the Times are also reporting it. These low ball offers are ridiculous though.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hes a 31 year old squad player, apart from Barca generally screwing us over I can't see any reason why it would cost over 10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

At least we are making bids at least. Probably go back and fourth a few times and hopefully a positive conclusion can occur from our standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hes a 31 year old squad player, apart from Barca generally screwing us over I can't see any reason why it would cost over 10m.

He's one of the top strikers on the planet. You're selling him very short there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ibrahimovic is also 31, I'd take him. The only reason Villa is a squad player is because he's playing for the best squad in the world. He'd walk into any other first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Hope its b.s, but I'm after seeing that apparently Denilson could be on his way back as a defensive midfield cover. Please let this be untrue, don't think i could take it.

He's one of the top strikers on the planet. You're selling him very short there.
    Ibrahimovic is also 31, I'd take him. The only reason Villa is a squad player is because he's playing for the best squad in the world. He'd walk into any other first 11.

Its not that I don't rate him, its just in terms of market value I'm not seeing it.
    Of course I'd rather we just paid whatever is necessary to get him.

I'll be glad when the window closes its just a pain in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Its not that I don't rate him, its just in terms of market value I'm not seeing it.
    Of course I'd rather we just paid whatever is necessary to get him.

I see what you're saying but when you see the likes of Steven Fletcher for example going for 12m, it makes 8m for Villa look like a bargain IMO. On a different note, I'd really like to see Jack rested on Saturday to save him from being kicked all over the pitch. But who is there to step up and replace him? I'm normally fairly optimistic but getting really worried at this stage how the season is going to pan out without any additions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Mirror now reckons that City are in for Villa to replace Ballotelli - hopefully they're just putting 2 and 2 together.

How sick would I feel if he ends up playing in the EPL but not with us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement