Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Uh oh. Wilshere to gave 'Very small' surgery in the next few days

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-set-for-very-minor-surgery-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BrianJD wrote: »

Unfortunately, sport.es are a Barcelona publication and not a reliable one either. Would love it to be true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

the report says the higuain move is depending on us getting CL.
    I'm nervous about tomorrow night :(

City sack Mancini a year to the day on which they won the league. We can say alot of things about our club and the recent lack of success but at least we have class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bad2dabone wrote: »
    the report says the higuain move is depending on us getting CL.
    I'm nervous about tomorrow night :(

I have no worries about tomorrow at all.
    I expect us to win fairly easily in fact.

City sack Mancini a year to the day on which they won the league. We can say alot of things about our club and the recent lack of success but at least we have class.

it's less down to us having "class" than our owner not giving a sh1t about winning stuff and caring about profits. Wenger is the ideal manager for a guy like kronke, consistently achieves CL football without spending a lot, and because he's got such a lot of goodwill in the fans bank we won't be calling for his head.
    Not that i'd ever want wenger to leave, if we had an owner who invested in the club I'd be certain he'd deliver trophies again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have no worries about tomorrow at all.
    I expect us to win fairly easily in fact.
    I'm confidant of a win, but I wouldnt say it'll be easy. We need to be awake and make sure we dont concede an early goal. They will come in on a high so a goal for them will only increase their confidance. They have to win so will be going for it. Let them wear themselves out early before we start picking them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Are people going nuts in here??

How would you not want Rooney? Class player, coming into his prime, does well in big games and very influential for a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

gosplan wrote: »
    Are people going nuts in here??

How would you not want Rooney? Class player, coming into his prime, does well in big games and very influential for a forward.

Im not sure if I really want him, but they got Van Persie so I think I would take quite a bit of pleasure from Rooney arriving here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Woke up this morning at 5:30 ater having a very vivid dream tha we drew 0-0 tonight. Suffice to say I'm a bit worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

keano_afc wrote: »
    Woke up this morning at 5:30 ater having a very vivid dream tha we drew 0-0 tonight. Suffice to say I'm a bit worried.

Not only should we be winning tonight but we should be aiming for a +4 goal difference in the next 2 games to overtake Chelsea should they fail to win against Everton. A 2-0 or 3-0 tonight would set us up nicely for the last game and give us a real chance at 3rd. Last game for Moyes so it may not be easy for Chelsea.

We're more than capable of crushing both wigan and Newcastle. We're also more than capable of being rubbish. I'm freaking out today.

We're more than capable of crushing both wigan and Newcastle. We're also more than capable of being rubbish. I'm freaking out today.

This. I suppose what worries me most is how poor we can be when the pressure is on. The fact that this game is win or bust brings back some bad memories of shocking performances when the heat has been on.

A draw would be horrific. At least if we lose, Wigan would give themselves a chance of staying up. A draw would just be great for Spurs, Villa and Sunderland.

safe to say Ive already got brown trousers :P

Haven't felt like this in awhile, massive game and extremely nervous. I'd take any win, don't care whether we crush them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Handy win tonight
    No drama
    Walcott to get a couple

We are at home against a team in the bottom three. They are not there for nothing. We have a great record against bottom teams.
    To make matters worse for them they have to come and attack which plays to our strengths.
    No need to be nervous. 3 -- 0 to the Arsenal i'm predicting.

Its a double edged sword that they have to come and play. They're pretty good at it unfortunately, as they showed in this game last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A lot of over confident people in here it seems. Tonight's game is going to be a tough one. Our biggest advantage is that it's so close after the FA cup final, so hopefully they'll be still in celebration mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I don't think I have beeN this nervous since the European Cup Final tbh, this game is massive, with the unrest and upheaval at the other top 4 teams leading into next year and the added bonus of keeping down a much improving Spurs we absolutely must finish top 4 which will enable us to attrtact our main transfer targets and launch a major title challenge next season.

IN ARSENE WE TRUST!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

100 years ago this month, Arsenal moved to Highbury

Large photo coming up :D

gun__1360681710_spirit_of_highbury_9000x1822.jpg

Anyone been watching SSN? Suggesting that Mancini could take a year out and manage Arsenal next summer. Pure speculation but it does get you thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Hmmm... replace the man who spends pennies and overachieves with the man who spends gazillions and underachieves. Can't see it happening tbh.

His negative football is cack as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ridiculously nervous about this match. Really need to get 4th so we can strengthen properly in the summer. If we do it the fact that we'd be the only top 4 team not changing our manager this summer shod give us a big opportunity.

Really wish Giroud was available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

jester77 wrote: »
    100 years ago this month, Arsenal moved to Highbury

Large photo coming up :D

Who are those mysterious shadows that used to play for The Arsenal way back when.
    Sure have had plenty of them recently. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

TheGunns wrote: »
    Anyone been watching SSN? Suggesting that Mancini could take a year out and manage Arsenal next summer. Pure speculation but it does get you thinking

Christ. That would be awful! Dont like Manchini at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

He inherited 2 great teams and did well with them but his europe record is horrendous. don't want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

One of the greatest games I've ever seen of Arsenal came at home against Wigan.

_41646168_henry416.jpg

Fingers crossed for something similar tonight, would be more than welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

As a Villa fan I'm hoping Arsenal demolish this Wigan team, I'd also settle for a 1-0 victory too :)

Come on the gunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Properly bricking it about tonight.

There should be no excuses, and we betetr want it as much as they do, if not more.

If we can get about them early, give them no time on the ball and look urgent, they might crumble.

I want Rambo, Arteta and Rosicky (or whomever lines up) to be ball hunting psychopaths tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nightmares of this fixture last season haunt me. If this Arsenal team cannot get a win then a clearout is needed. This game couldn't be more huge and if the players aren't able to motivate themselves for the Champions League next season then I don't know.

Newcastle on Sunday should be straight forward as they are safe and probably couldn't care less what the result will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Win tonight no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm going to the Limerick-Drogs game tonight but will more than likely be glued to the phone for the latest score , If we start like we did against United we should blow Wigan away early , Thats what we should be aiming for United were able for it , Wigan wouldn't be im fairly sure

There's no excuses tonight. If we get three good goals disallowed and don't win then it's our own fault for not scoring 4. Dreading tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

In work tonight, so will be watching this on the phone while working alongside two United fans this is going to be torture.

We can and we better beat this Wigan team.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Nightmares of this fixture last season haunt me. If this Arsenal team cannot get a win then a clearout is needed. This game couldn't be more huge and if the players aren't able to motivate themselves for the Champions League next season then I don't know.

Newcastle on Sunday should be straight forward as they are safe and probably couldn't care less what the result will be.

No way will Newcastle lie down and it is foolish to think they will.
    Far more worried about Newcastle than I am about Wigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No way will Newcastle lie down and it is foolish to think they will.
    Far more worried about Newcastle than I am about Wigan.

Pardew said he didn't care if they lose 4-0 to Arsenal after the weekend. Newcastle will be a push-over next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Pardew said he didn't care if they lose 4-0 to Arsenal after the weekend. Newcastle will be a push-over next weekend.

But he has had to back track on his comments,and now the eyes will be firmly on him and his players for a performance, won't do us any favours, idiot should have kept his big mouth shut.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

... we also have a better manager than City (had).

I'm off to see Star Trek tonight. I don't think I could handle 90 minutes of the nail-biting, rage inducing ****e we usually produce anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

If we do get through this one tonight as we should then I for one won't be taking anything for granted about the Newcastle game.

Nothing is achieved until both these games are won.

Nerves will be shot this evening, please let us go at them like we mean it. I'll take being 2 up at half time but not much less.

Nothing against Newcastle but they have been weak all season and the players don't seem to want to fight for pardew. I'd not be taking the game for granted but I'd be more worried about wigan. I still think Sunderland might spring a surprise on those guys next Sunday

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bizarre situation tonight, where a loss is a better result for us than a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

To be philosophical about it, if we do not make it to CL then it is only a culmination of what is wrong with the club, and so be it. We are in the PL and can go for cups next season no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pretty nervous about tonight's game lads, Wigan have been a bit of a bogey team for us so hopefully we can put in a good performance and most importantly a win.

COME ON YOU GUNNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

This sounds strange but its a win or loose match, if we draw Sunderland are safe but if we loose they need something against spurs, if we win were still on course for 4th.

Anyway just get the win.

Bizarre situation tonight, where a loss is a better result for us than a draw.

How do you make that out?

We will win. No doubts.

But if we only drew with Wigan and Spurs only drew with Sunderland then a win against Newcastle would be good enough. We will win though.

I just need 2 early goals from theo to calm my nerves.

Fcuking Mike Dean better not screw us over tonight. Getting nervous now, will probably be hiding behind the couch not able to watch by the end of it.

... we also have a better manager than City (had).

I'm off to see Star Trek tonight. I don't think I could handle 90 minutes of the nail-biting, rage inducing ****e we usually produce anyway.

Good idea. I rearranged 5 a side so I'll miss the latter 2/3 of the game. Much happier checking the result after.

As regards Newcastle being more difficult. They've been pants lately, Wigan at least know how to put in a great performance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement