Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I just need 2 early goals from theo to calm my nerves.

Goal in first two minutes.

We then hold on for the next 88, as Wigan come increasingly close.

Brown underpants everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Fcuking Mike Dean better not screw us over tonight. Getting nervous now, will probably be hiding behind the couch not able to watch by the end of it.

Or bouncing the laptop off the ground :)

Other news is the club will get 2mil for fabregas winning the league & around 500k for jay simpson getting promoted

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

How do you make that out?

We will win. No doubts.

But if we only drew with Wigan and Spurs only drew with Sunderland then a win against Newcastle would be good enough. We will win though.
    If we draw tonight, Wigan will be down and Sunderland will travel to Spurs with nothing to play for.

Whereas if we lose tonight, Wigan will be 1 point behind Sunderland, and Sunderland will need to get a draw at Spurs to ensure their own safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

How do you make that out?

We will win. No doubts.

But if we only drew with Wigan and Spurs only drew with Sunderland then a win against Newcastle would be good enough. We will win though.

Because a draw will see Sunderland safe, a win for Wigan will see Sunderland need something against spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Need two or three tonight. Can't trust that sewer rat Dean to give us any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Didn't realise that. Last minute to go do you think Arsenal would score an Og on purpose? That would be fascinating to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Didn't realise that. Last minute to go do you think Arsenal would score an Og on purpose? That would be fascinating to see.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Oh jesus I just saw a magpie! Where's a second one! Argh!

Ye Just jump 11 up top with 5 mins to go, nothing to loose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TheBza wrote: »
    Huh?

Arsenal need to win or lose tonight. Should if they are drawing with time to go they are best of scoring an OG.

Arsenal need to win or lose tonight. Should if they are drawing with time to go they are best of scoring an OG.

Im confused, how will a loose do us good?

TheBza wrote: »
    Im confused, how will a loose do us good?

Because Sunderland will need something against spurs, but if we draw Wigan go down Sunderland are safe but its out of our hands.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, technically a draw could be useful too, as a Sunderland win at Spurs would then leave us only needing to draw against Newcastle.

But Sunderland /needing/ something at Spurs is a far more preferable scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I await the day when somebody in this thread uses bendtner winning a Serie A medal as an example of a player leaving Arsenal to go on to greater things.

Because Sunderland will need something against spurs, but if we draw Wigan go down Sunderland are safe but its out of our hands.

That doesn't sound good at all, a win is a must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can you imagine the furore if we were to deliberately lose the game. Not sure about the psychology anyway. Sunderland may play better with the freedom of knowing they are safe (just like Newcastle)
    I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads 6 points thats it .......Dont mind all ye're poxy scenarios COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Id much much rather have it in our own hands, better for my nerves that way.

Im guessing everybody is heading out to watch it?

Id much much rather have it in our own hands, better for my nerves that way.

Im guessing everybody is heading out to watch it?

Much prefer watching these important games at home, just can't enjoy going out to watch it when this nervous.

Much prefer watching these important games at home, just can't enjoy going out to watch it when this nervous.

Generally during big games I like to stand about a foot from the tv, not the most appealing trait when watching a game in the pub :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Team unchanged?

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

Actually, gibbs is in for Nacho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Team unchanged?

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

Actually, gibbs is in for Nacho

Podolski for first goalscorer. Can feel it in my water.
    3 -- 0.

Podolski for first goalscorer. Can feel it in my water.
    3 -- 0.

Let's hope you're right.

Don't write Wigan off tonight, I see an upset coming.......

Don't write Wigan off tonight, I see an upset coming.......

Dude why even say that! :p

Dude why even say that! :p

Because I'm a realist.:p
    Wigan have done it at the end of the season in the last two seasons, my worry is do the arsenal players want it more?, if we do we can certainly beat them.
    We better give it everything, that's all I care about, win or lose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Glad to see Gibbs in, gives us more going forward than nacho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

:D:D:D:D:D:D SUPER STUFF LADS :D

Would have preferred the loss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

1 down, 1 to go.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D SUPER STUFF LADS :D

Yes but I hate the way we switch off at crucial times and allow other teams back into games.

I knew we would beat Wigan easily.
    We really should fear Newcastle though.
    It could be fatal to take them lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

That was a nice watch.

Would have preferred the loss :(

Ahhh no....

3 points in the bag. One to go. Clinical tonight.

Jaysus as nerve wrecking as this was, Sunday May just finish me off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Thought Walcott worked his socks off. Fair play.

I have to say the boys over the last two to three months to grind out results have been fantastic.

Proud fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Thought Walcott worked his socks off. Fair play.

He was excellent from start to finish, Kos was great again too as was Cazorla. Cup Final Sunday can't wait now

Is it on tele?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ahhh no....

3 points in the bag. One to go. Clinical tonight.

eventually....... Kone nearly undone us just after half time..... phew. What a relief. We have to go at Newcastle full steam ahead...

Soups123 wrote: »
    He was excellent from start to finish, Kos was great again too as was Cazorla. Cup Final Sunday can't wait now

Is it on tele?

Yes and Spurs game is on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Yes and Spurs game is on too.

At the end of the game they said Arsenal's match is at 3 and Spurs' is at 4. Can that be right? Should they not be starting at the same time?

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    eventually....... Kone nearly undone us just after half time..... phew. What a relief. We have to go at Newcastle full steam ahead...

I cannot understand why we score and then sit back and allow teams onto us.
    Attack is the best means of defence. Keep scoring and don't allow them back into it.
    We really need to focus on Newcastle and attack from the off. If we play like we did in the second half tonight i will be happy enough we will get our rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Interesting stat relayed by the commentators during the match, last 13 games with central pairing of Kos and Mert gone unbeaten, or possible that was belonging of last season, anyone care to clarify?

At the end of the game they said Arsenal's match is at 3 and Spurs' is at 4. Can that be right? Should they not be starting at the same time?

All games start at 4 p.m. on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Very odd the games arent on the same time, said we were kicking off at 3 and Spurs at 4??? Surely that cant be correct????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We will get 3rd come Sunday

• Advertisement

Interesting stat relayed by the commentators during the match, last 13 games with central pairing of Kos and Mert gone unbeaten, or possible that was belonging of last season, anyone care to clarify?

17 including last season run of the pairing. This season 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Very odd the games arent on the same time, said we were kicking off at 3 and Spurs at 4??? Surely that cant be correct????

Pre match coverage of Arsenal, none of Spurs. Or at least pre match is all on the sky sports one

Both kick off at 4pm

All at 4. It's just sky with their bloated build up saying it's 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I reckon they meant that arsenal game coverage starts at 3 but both matches kick off at 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

We will get 3rd come Sunday

Ill take 4th

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement