Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Judging by the time difference and the popularity of soccer there I'd guess Malaysia. If it was then it's still a 5500 euro bet.

Poss Australia either or Hawaii or Pacific Islands the other direction. There's a few different possibilities in fairness.

Checked it again, it would have been 15th May in the East so must be West, Hawaii or Pacific Islands it is. Good luck figuring that one out ha.

The link in my post had the details from the guy that made the bet, it is US dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what do you think it is?

Actually it does say the bet is in USD so maybe I am wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody die after the Ramsey goal?

The highlight of the game for me was without doubt the Koscielny tackle. He has been superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just had a phone call from the Arsenal Box Office offering me a season ticket for next year!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Going to be much harder this year. van Persie walked it last season, think Song was runner up. Cant remember who came third, might have been Koscielny.

Anyway, the boards.ie Arsenal Player of the Year for 2012/13: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KLW93PM

Was going to go for cazorla but went for Ramsey instead. Have been hard on him at times but he's really answered his critics the last few months imo. Hardest working player in the team i reckon.Koscielny is a close second for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

surely Koscielny will never be dropped again?

i always thought it thick to drop him in the first place at the start of the season. he was your best defender then, and he's your best defender now.

baffling.

but for Arsenal's sake, I hope Wenger has now learned his lesson on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Just had a phone call from the Arsenal Box Office offering me a season ticket for next year!

How much they looking for and how long have you been a red/silver member?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

batistuta9 wrote: »
    so should Martin Fulop's but i hope he's not brought in either

he's not going to offer anything useful now now though is what i'm saying, not when he played at the club.
    he did OK whenever he played last season, fair enough.

but these type of roles, backups, should be filled by rosicky, arteta/ramsey, giroud, szczesny, etc.
    & 2 of them are pushing on as it is.

Ideally any player signed would be to go straight into the team, pushing the rest down the pecking order.
    they'll still get their fair share of games but if they want to be in the first 11/regular starter they'll need to step up - just like Koscielny has when he got the chance, though you can argue he shouldn't have been on the bench anyway but you get the idea

Szczesney should definitely be starting. He's saved our hides several times in the last while, some very good saves.
    Ditto Ramsey. He's been our most consistent player for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was going to go for cazorla but went for Ramsey instead. Have been hard on him at times but he's really answered his critics the last few months imo. Hardest working player in the team i reckon.Koscielny is a close second for me too.

Needs to cut out those ridiculous passes straight back to the opposition, done it again last night, kos for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Szczesney should definitely be starting. He's saved our hides several times in the last while, some very good saves.
    Ditto Ramsey. He's been our most consistent player for a while now.

The one -hander Szez did last night to prevent Kone from scoring was brilliant.

Such a vital save as well - that really would have swung momentum in Wigan's favour. Instead that was the last we saw of Wigan as an attacking force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

greendom wrote: »
    The one -hander Szez did last night to prevent Kone from scoring was brilliant.

Such a vital save as well - that really would have swung momentum in Wigan's favour. Instead that was the last we saw of Wigan as an attacking force.

Still think he was at fault for Wigans goal and he nearly made another mistake but Kos bailed him out. I hope we go for Julio Cesar in the summer. QPR will be looking to sell. Dunno about his wages tho.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    How much they looking for and how long have you been a red/silver member?

I stopped being a Red member two years ago but I was a member for 3 or 4 years prior.

I was on the season ticket waiting list for a while though.

Think this was the third year I've been offered a ticket now

I didnt bother asking about the ticket price tbh

jonny666 wrote: »
    Still think he was at fault for Wigans goal and he nearly made another mistake but Kos bailed him out. I hope we go for Julio Cesar in the summer. QPR will be looking to sell. Dunno about his wages tho.

Yes absolutely - the free-kick was perfectly placed but he did get a hand on it, just not a strong enough hand - and he was in no man's land when Kos came to the rescue. How he managed to direct the ball out for a throw-in I'll never know.

Yes absolutely - the free-kick was perfectly placed but he did get a hand on it, just not a strong enough hand - and he was in no man's land when Kos came to the rescue. How he managed to direct the ball out for a throw-in I'll never know.

Haha! Kos looked like a GAA player trying a bicycle kick!!

I think no matter what happens we will be in the market for some sort of keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

SlickRic wrote: »
    surely Koscielny will never be dropped again?

i always thought it thick to drop him in the first place at the start of the season. he was your best defender then, and he's your best defender now.

baffling.

but for Arsenal's sake, I hope Wenger has now learned his lesson on that.

I think he was injured at the start of the season which didn't help. Still though, I've always been a huge fan of Koscielny so no complaints with me having him start every game.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anybody die after the Ramsey goal?

The highlight of the game for me was without doubt the Koscielny tackle. He has been superb

Fixed that for you. Awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I stopped being a Red member two years ago but I was a member for 3 or 4 years prior.

I was on the season ticket waiting list for a while though.

Think this was the third year I've been offered a ticket now

I didnt bother asking about the ticket price tbh

You'd be mad not to take it, any games you can't go to I'm sure you'd get your money back through opening it to use by Boardsies. ;)

The Boards.ie Arsenal Season Ticket 2013/14 has a nice ring to it.

Cazorla has by far the most passes in the final third out of anyone in the top 5 European leagues this season
    Santi Cazorla: Has completed 990 passes in the final third this season - at least 213 more than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/statuses/334275820489162753

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Remy arrested on suspicion of rape. That should be any possibility of wenger going for him gone

2ndcoming wrote: »
    You'd be mad not to take it, any games you can't go to I'm sure you'd get your money back through opening it to use by Boardsies. ;)

The Boards.ie Arsenal Season Ticket 2013/14 has a nice ring to it.

Send me your money and I'll look after it for you pal :D

What does everybody think about a Boardsie season ticket as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement

A scoreless draw for Chelsea and a 2-1 win for us and there will be a playoff for third!!

Hope it happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

A scoreless draw for Chelsea and a 2-1 win for us and there will be a playoff for third!!

Hope it happens!

Would rather a Chelsea loss and an Arsenal win, and get third outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Hope it happens!

Is this actually the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We should aiming for a +2 win. Guarantees us 4th and leaves us with a chance of 3rd. Chelsea have been playing twice as many games as Everton for the last few weeks and Everton will want to send off Moyes on a high, so some sort of an Everton result is very possible. They have drawn with us, Spurs and Liverpool in their last few away games.

jester77 wrote: »
    We should aiming for a +2 win. Guarantees us 4th and leaves us with a chance of 3rd. Chelsea have been playing twice as many games as Everton for the last few weeks and Everton will want to send off Moyes on a high, so some sort of an Everton result is very possible. They have drawn with us, Spurs and Liverpool in their last few away games.

Extra time tonight might help a little as well - although to be honest I don't care about that 3 points and 4th place will do me just fine.

Extra time tonight might help a little as well - although to be honest I don't care about that 3 points and 4th place will do me just fine.

4th will do just fine for me too! A playoff would be a laugh tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So you're saying we're gonna have a play-off...to avoid a play-off..

caruso3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Crazy, you'd think they'd take into account games against each other throughout the season

• Advertisement

Crazy, you'd think they'd take into account games against each other throughout the season

Prob would be a better idea alright.

Think group stages in the CL is like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

4th will do just fine for me too! A playoff would be a laugh tho

Yeah it's a game I'd want Arsenal to win but if they didn't I'd still be ok with it. A lot less stressful than the last few games have been and what the weekend's game will be.

Yeah it's a game I'd want Arsenal to win but if they didn't I'd still be ok with it. A lot less stressful than the last few games have been and what the weekend's game will be.

Exactly. A stress free match!! Not many of them as an Arsenal fan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I think we should stop talking about this 3rd place playoff, we havent even got 4th yet and could easily end up 5th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »

At 22 he'd better of getting a permanent move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Send me your money and I'll look after it for you pal :D

What does everybody think about a Boardsie season ticket as a matter of interest?

If you had one, I'd be interested in taking it for a game or two anyway. As would a lot of members here I'd imagine. Hope to have one myself someday when I start earning more than minimum wage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Walcott 21 (14)
    Giroud 17 (11)
    Podolski 16 (11)
    Cazorla 12 (12)
    Gervinho 7 (5)
    Arteta 6 (6)
    Koscielny 3 (1)
    Mertesacker 3 (3)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Ramsey 2 (1)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Monreal 1 (1)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Podolski to pass out Giroud?
    'bout time Ramsey got a league goal too...

With all due respect, feck them and their friendly. If they want to go to America so badly they can forfeit :P

Napoli, Galatasary and FC Porto confirmed for this year's Emirates Cup.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-cup-returns-for-summer-2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Galvasean wrote: »

That will make it a decent enough tournament.

• Advertisement

Walcott 21 (14)
    Giroud 17 (11)
    Podolski 16 (11)
    Cazorla 12 (12)
    Gervinho 7 (5)
    Arteta 6 (6)
    Koscielny 3 (1)
    Mertesacker 3 (3)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Ramsey 2 (1)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Monreal 1 (1)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Podolski to pass out Giroud?
    'bout time Ramsey got a league goal too...

I read somewhere recently (apologies if it was in here) tht we are only the 4th club ever to have 4 different players in double figures for league goals. Good not to be relying on one player

While looking for the above stat I came across this

@OptaJoe: 33% - @Podolski10 has the best chance conversion rate (excl. pens) in the PL of any player with more than five goals this season. Clinical.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope it happens!

I think we have to win by 2 clear goals in that scenario.

I think we have to win by 2 clear goals in that scenario.

To get straight into third yes. But the playoff arises from that exact scenario.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Send off & welcome for Cavani!

While looking for the above stat I came across this

@OptaJoe: 33% - @Podolski10 has the best chance conversion rate (excl. pens) in the PL of any player with more than five goals this season. Clinical.”

He also has the best free kick conversion rate, but for some reason the media don't seem to care. They just hark on about how he rarely completes a full 90 minutes.

"Because, sometimes baby, a few minutes is all you need.... ;) "

He also has the best free kick conversion rate, but for some reason the media don't seem to care. They just hark on about how he rarely completes a full 90 minutes.

"Because, sometimes baby, a few minutes is all you need.... ;) "

Has to go down as a successful season from him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Has to go down as a successful season from him I think

For me I think he has had a brilliant debut season, I know some people think he doesn't work hard enough and the media bang on about him never lasting the full 90 but he is one player that everytime he gets the ball he's a real danger to the opposition and can make things happen.

For me I think he has had a brilliant debut season, I know some people think he doesn't work hard enough and the media bang on about him never lasting the full 90 but he is one player that everytime he gets the ball he's a real danger to the opposition and can make things happen.

When you put together, Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski and Walcott, they really have done an effective job in replacing RVP. The fact is that we have ended up in almost an identical postion to last year. We now need at least one more quality forward so that we can actually move forward and better where we have been these last 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

We have won five away games in a row since losing to the spuds. Have we so many since the Freddie run in 2002?

So, with Fergie and Mancini out of the picture and our Puma funded warchest inbound, how about a title challenge next season?

FFS Galvasean, Sunday first!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement