Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Where's the two posters who were in here after the beat us at the lane

Could someone get them for a chat :)

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done lads, delighted you lot got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Up ye're holes Spurs :D

Delighted here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

And I think only wenger would have gotten that average team into 4th

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

For a team thats been bad all season hard to imagine were the form team in the league wit a brillaint point haul in the second half of the season ;), we havent been that bad.
    Defensively we've been very good in the second half of the season. Our midfield and attack has been pretty shocking though.

Anywho, let's hope we finally see some substantial investment in the team in the summer.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Koscielny should be given the captains armband next year. He was a leader when we needed one

Spot on!! He was terrific.

Now the one drawback to today is that im sick of celebrating finishing fourth. Those on the board need to pull the finger out and give Wenger the funds and drive this baby on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gary Neville jut said it but next year is the year that we have to start competing for players properly in the transfer market. Its the perfect opportunity with all the changes.

Wenger giving nothing away about transfers in his press conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Congrats lads, from a Spurs fan. All credit to your team, they certainly know when to go on a good run. We finished on 72 points, our best ever total in the PL and we still couldn't finish ahead of ya!! Heartbreaking stuff again for us but we'll just have to look forward to next season.

Koscielny should be given the captains armband next year. He was a leader when we needed one

Given what usual happens with our captains I would keep it well away from him!

SuprSi wrote: »
    Congrats lads, from a Spurs fan. All credit to your team, they certainly know when to go on a good run. We finished on 72 points, our best ever total in the PL and we still couldn't finish ahead of ya!! Heartbreaking stuff again for us but we'll just have to look forward to next season.

Your team certainly pushed us all the way this season, and it could have gone either way TBH.
    I expect a similar challenge from your side next season too, if not better.
    Maybe some new faces for both sides.

• Advertisement

I was hoping at one stage that St Totteringham's day might double up as St Chelsingham's day/St Totteringhams day for a while but ill take St Totteringham's day any day of the week. TBH, id even take no St Totteringhams day for the sake of that 4th spot but there is no need to worry about that now is there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

And I think only wenger would have gotten that average team into 4th

Considering Wenger has assembled that average team it doesn't really say much for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't know, the armband has proven to be a cursed thing of recent times, much like the post of Defence against the Dark Arts in Hogwarts, after Voldemort cursed it. WHo cursed it for Arsenal I do not know, but I do know that each captain in the last few years has not lasted at the club once becoming captain, Vermalen this year has been effected also, although he still remains, but no longer is in the starting 11. Let's not get rid of Kos too.

Considering Wenger has assembled that average team it doesn't really say much for him.

Well it does, it says he believes they are better than they are.
    Wenger installs belief in players that way, doesn't seem to be working as well with the current crop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I was hoping at one stage that St Totteringham's day might double up as St Chelsingham's day/St Totteringhams day for a while but ill take St Totteringham's day any day of the week. TBH, id even take no St Totteringhams day for the sake of that 4th spot but there is no need to worry about that now is there

I think a lot of Chelsea fans had a real eye-opener this season and tbh were just glad to get Champions League football.

Right so, who are we buying then with all our Champions League money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I wonder will here_precious continue to post in here as frequently

negative spiral boys

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't know, the armband has proven to be a cursed thing of recent times, much like the post of Defence against the Dark Arts in Hogwarts, after Voldemort cursed it.

I can't thank that post enough.

Arsenal finished the 2012/13 season with 73 points and +35 goal difference. That's 3 points and 10 goal difference better than last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I think a lot of Chelsea fans had a real eye-opener this season and tbh were just glad to get Champions League football.

Right so, who are we buying then with all our Champions League money?
    Anyone but Rooney!

Of the names mentioned in the past 6 months, I'd love to see Villa, Casillas, and Higuain at the emirates.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

negative spiral boys

He's reading. Hi Precious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭abff

Hate to say it, but congratulations for finishing ahead of us for the 17th year in a row. Stop beating yourselves up. Think how much worse it could be. You could be Spurs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It really does considering the constraints he has had to work under, you have to wonder could the likes of Mourinnho, Ferguson have done it, Ferguson spotted a problem last year and was able to go out and splash the cash in a way that Wenger never has at Arsenal, hopefully that will change this summer.

Also nice to see Kos getting some recognition for his recent form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Spurs didn't choke either, we went on a run over the last three months that would have us I presume at the top of the table nearly. We were just excellent at getting the results we needed.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Spurs didn't choke either, we went on a run over the last three months that would have us I presume at the top of the table nearly. We were just excellent at getting the results we needed.

True Spurs finished very strong and got some big results, others years they choked but not this we just did that little bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

HazDanz wrote: »

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham supporter congrats to Arsenal...until next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham supporter congrats to Arsenal...until next season.

There's no fun in spurs fans being gracious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

RdIn4m0.jpg

What a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If it was biologically possible I would have Koscielny's babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well done Arsenal. Gutted spurs fan here. That was some run ye went on since the NLD. Glad to see (most of) you have enough class not to rub it in too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭abff

So, how about finishing 1 place behind us next year? Just for a change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Delighted about today but it will all mean **** all if we don't push on from here we can't be having this every year

Thought ye'd enjoy this one lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Screenshot_2013-05-19-18-59-09_zps3ae267bc.png

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did anyone hear that bitter little pill Ronnie Whelan on RTE Radio today before the match? I was driving home from a game of golf rushing to make the match and he was on giving us loads of grief. He said Wenger won't spend money because he wanted to make sure there was enough for his own pay-off after he got sacked. He really wanted Spurs to finish ahead of us.

Whelan is a bitter little sh1t who just can't put 1989 behind him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AdamD wrote: »

negative spiral boys

I imagine poor ol Berba, oops.. Here Precious is like this right now

BKpcFUFCMAEsahM.jpg:large

He asked me to pass on his regards. He would like to congratulate but he can no longer post.

His actual words where ' Arsenal where the better team, we are a one player club and are no in a downward spiral'

I hope to **** Kenny Cunningham is on Premier Soccer Sunday tonight never gave us a chance in the last 3-4 months constantly putting us down , much like the poster on about ronnie whelan above, I think the Irish pundits really don't like arsenal at all being honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I hope to **** Kenny Cunningham is on Premier Soccer Sunday tonight never gave us a chance in the last 3-4 months constantly putting us down , much like the poster on about ronnie whelan above, I think the Irish pundits really don't like arsenal at all being honest

have to remember that Ronnie is still bitter at Anfield '89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Nice to have finished so strongly but overall this was a forgettable season which I for one am glad to see the back of. I enjoyed today as we were subjected to a lot of garbage from a section of Tottenham fans who were far from graceful in victory after the 2-1 defeat at WHL. (Thankfully there are plenty of sound/decent THFC posters who pop in every now and then)

Like last season, we showed that we are very well able to mind the gap, and he who laughs last laughs longest.

But again, what a disappointing season. Battling for 4th is not good enough, all along I have believed that we do not need a change in manager, but certain policies are in desperate need of change. Keep going as we are and we will eventually get caught and miss out on Champions League, I don't want to find out what the ramifications (however big or small) of that would be. We have heard plenty about this money which is supposed to be available, time to put up or shut up.

Lastly, fair play to them for claiming 4th, it looked a lost cause there for a while. This Tottenham team are a bloody good team, we're not that much better than them, in fact for the last two seasons we have only outscored them by one point. There is very little between us and them, nothing that a 70 million transfer kitty wouldn't sort out though.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Thats my new desktop wallpaper :)
    Newcastle need to invest in bigger dressing rooms that's just tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wenger has shown some positive signs of change though, dropping the club captain and first choice keeper were turning points in the season and it was a very risky move. I'm not celebrating too much as 4th place is not first, but there's no excuses now for a busy summer of transfer activity.

Have we signed anyone yet???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

I was never worried today - :eek:

ANIMAL

I notice Koscielny has bulked up quite a bit since his arrival in 2010. A Colossus of a player now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Kos reads the game so well also. He's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Just listing our potential opponents in the qualifying round:D

Third Qualifying Round; 10 teams, 5 go through.
    • Zenit Saint Petersburg
    • PSV Eindhoven
    • Metalist Kharkiv
    • Fenerbahçe
    • Nordsjælland
    • Zulte-Waregem
    • Third-placed team of France; (Probably Lyon. Possibly one of St.Etienne and Lille)
    • Winners of Greek Superleague Play-Offs; (One of PAS Giannina, P.A.O.K., Atromitos and Asteras Tripoli)
    • Runners-up of Swiss League; (Probably Grasshopper. Possibly Basel or St. Gallen)
    • Runners-up of Austrian League; (Almost definitly Red Bull Salzburg, otherwise Austria Wien)

Play-Off Round; Here's where we enter, 10 teams, 5 qualify for Group stages.
    • Arsenal
    • Schalke 04
    • Paços de Ferreira
    • Fourth-placed team of La Liga; (Probably Real Sociedad, possibly Valencia)
    • AC Milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Is the premiership always not shown on rte player?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement