Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

greendom wrote: »
    The Mirror now reckons that City are in for Villa to replace Ballotelli - hopefully they're just putting 2 and 2 together.

How sick would I feel if he ends up playing in the EPL but not with us

Bookies have slashed odds from 25/1 down down nearer 2/1. People are throwing money at it. City would have no problem gazumping our bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would assume that bid could be in addition to whatever is still owed for cesc and song as part of the deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Just sign someone decent to fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

AdamD wrote: »

Its not that I don't rate him, its just in terms of market value I'm not seeing it.
    Of course I'd rather we just paid whatever is necessary to get him.

Who gives a **** about market value at this stage for us!

Also why, apart from money, would he go from a squad member at barca to one at city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dvemail wrote: »
    Hope its b.s, but I'm after seeing that apparently Denilson could be on his way back as a defensive midfield cover. Please let this be untrue, don't think i could take it.

He reckoned he was good enough to win trophies, he left won a trophy...

He a man of his word anyway :D

+ supposed to have done quite well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We're signing no one lets forget it

Back to the bigger picture Liverpool at home tomorrow
    Who plays CB
    And who misses out in midfield I think podolski will be on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Why would Podolski get benched? He was phenomenal against West Ham last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Who gives a **** about market value at this stage for us!

Also why, apart from money, would he go from a squad member at barca to one at city?

Graham Hunter said the only reason he want's to leave is to get game time in the striker roll. He would definitely get way more game time at Arsenal than he ever would at City. I really can't see him going to City at all to be honest. Although, having said that, it could be Barca who accept a bid from city and not from us.

We're signing no one lets forget it

Back to the bigger picture Liverpool at home tomorrow
    Who plays CB
    And who misses out in midfield I think podolski will be on the bench

Vermaelen is back as far as i know so it should be himself and Mert i think.

Szecz
    Sagna Mert Verm Gibbs
    Ramsey
    Wilshere Cazorla
    Walcott Poldi
    Giroud

With possibly Diaby instead of Ramsey i reckon.

dvemail wrote: »
    Vermaelen is back as far as i know so it should be himself and Mert i think.

Szecz
    Sagna Mert Verm Gibbs
    Ramsey
    Wilshere Cazorla
    Walcott Poldi
    Giroud

With possibly Diaby instead of Ramsey i reckon.

Spot on there I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gandalf wrote: »
    I would assume that bid could be in addition to whatever is still owed for cesc and song as part of the deal?
    Thats a good point, they probably still owe us a decent amount. £8m and we'll forget about whatever amount is owed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm thinking Wilshere and Diaby fr tomorrow's game - give us the physicality in the center.

Hoping for Wilshere and Ramsey if I'm honest. Ramsey's been playing pretty well in the centre. Diaby seemed very rusty in the last few games also.

Quim Domènech Puigbó, the barca reporter, confirmed tonight what most of us all ready know! He said that Villas pushing hard for a move to Arsenal now after being convinced by Cazorla and Wenger earlier this month. He also said that Wenger has bid for Villa and Barca are adamant they won't sell.

This is seeming less and less likely by the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Quim Domènech Puigbó, the barca reporter, confirmed tonight what most of us all ready know! He said that Villas pushing hard for a move to Arsenal now after being convinced by Cazorla and Wenger earlier this month. He also said that Wenger has bid for Villa and Barca are adamant they won't sell.

This is seeming less and less likely by the hour.

We actually bidded for Villa? interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think Diaby will and should start tonight. He always seems to have a stormer against Liverpool so hopefully that trend continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We actually bidded for Villa? interesting
    According to reports so are Man City now, game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Soups123 wrote: »
    According to reports so are Man City now, game over

He doesnt want to sit on the bench and be a squad player, he wants games. He would stay at Barca over City, not sure how much is left in the story or are the media struggling to find any bigger name transfers in this window so theyre keeping it running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Barca have unsettled enough of our player through the years and got them,they are a nasty club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

If he wants to go then he will, Barca cant really stop him as such. I dont see why he would go to City unless he's purely in it for the money and i suspect he's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Arsenal announce that the head of its youth academy, Liam Brady, has decided to leave his current role by May 2014 after 25 years with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Arsenal announce that the head of its youth academy, Liam Brady, has decided to leave his current role by May 2014 after 25 years with the club.

aww, that's sad to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Is Brady going altogether or is he gonna take up another role with Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is Brady going altogether or is he gonna take up another role with Arsenal
    Sky Sports says that they will be going through that with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Barca have unsettled enough of our player through the years and got them,they are a nasty club.

i heard the 8m bid is a 8m we give to them only and we would have settled the funds they owed us for fabregas and song.

is he CL tied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

is he CL tied?

Don't think he is. Think he was injured up till the last few weeks.

Worried about tonight. If we don't win and nobody is signed tonight, tomorrow - this thread is going to go into melt down and the internet as a whole.

After seeing Santos on Saturday, I really can't see how we can go through the rest of the season without a decent back up for Gibbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

After seeing Santos on Saturday, I really can't see how we can go through the rest of the season without a decent back up for Gibbs.

Who can we sign? Any half decent player won't want to play second fiddle to Gibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Either Vermaelen will have to play there or else we just have to hope he improves a bit and can be carried. Neither situation is ideal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Who can we sign? Any half decent player won't want to play second fiddle to Gibbs

I'd buy someone else in ahead of Gibbs to be honest, at least until he can prove he can stay injury free for a substantial period of time.

If any of ye are up for an aul sing song. Wenger bit about 2 minutes in if you can't stick the opera theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

L'prof wrote: »

I'd buy someone else in ahead of Gibbs to be honest, at least until he can prove he can stay injury free for a substantial period of time.

Ah, I think Gibbs is grand. If we're gonna spend money on a decent first teamer then a left back wouldn't be my first choice tbh.

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Either Vermaelen will have to play there or else we just have to hope he improves a bit and can be carried. Neither situation is ideal...

Having to play centre backs at full back really cost us last season (although Verm is a better option than Santos)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still can't get my head around newcastle signing Mbiwa and not us, he would have given cover for 3 positions and only cost 6 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I still can't get my head around newcastle signing Mbiwa and not us, he would have given cover for 3 positions and only cost 6 million.

It's the kind of bafflement I feel about why we didn't try harder to get Vertongen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I'd be tempted to have a sneaky bid for Luke Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know when ESPN/ITV publicise the TV times for the 5th round FA Cup? Looking to book flights for the Blackburn match but don't want to be left in the lurch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Not saying he wouldn't have been worth it or not but I'd seriously doubt he can play three positions effictively.

Not directing this at you but it seems as though a lot of people are taking a 'football manager' view of transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Ah, I think Gibbs is grand. If we're gonna spend money on a decent first teamer then a left back wouldn't be my first choice tbh.

What about moving Sagna to left back if Gibbs is injured?
    I dont like Vermaelen there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ronjo wrote: »
    What about moving Sagna to left back if Gibbs is injured?
    I dont like Vermaelen there

Sagna is barely playing well enough at RB tbh, never mind LB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Sagna is barely playing well enough at RB tbh, never mind LB

That may be so but I still think he would be a better option than Verm or Santos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nice to wake up and see we have still signed no one are in for no one, I guess that super quality is still not available anywhere, sure we have two players for every position like Santos and Arshavin.

Good to see Wenger following through on his word of if we don't replace Song in this transfer window he will be replaced in January :rolleyes:.

Get the finger out this team need's re inforcements big time, if Wenger and the board cant see that and don't act on it serious questions will be asked and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Great, looks like we're pinning our hopes on another Tottenham collapse. A collapse which I don't see happening...

jordainius wrote: »
    Great, looks like we're pinning our hopes on another Tottenham collapse. A collapse which I don't see happening...

What's the deficit? 4 points? We don't need them to collapse, they're gonna drop points along the way. We need to go on a run. It's in our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

What's the deficit? 4 points? We don't need them to collapse, they're gonna drop points along the way. We need to go on a run. It's in our hands.

Yeah but one thing I know for certain is that we'll drop points too

And he looked a bloody decent player too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

If we need them to drop points its not in our hands at all:D:D but i know what you mean!! if we win tonight i think we will get fourth!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement