Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

greendom wrote: »
    Hopefully it's just part of the negotiation process

Its what we always do. Low ball the club and slowly rise our price until they bite. Even with the extra finances it doesn't look like we will change our methods. Just hope we don't get nabbed like we have done in the past arguing over a million or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dvemail wrote: »
    Its what we always do. Low ball the club and slowly rise our price until they bite. Even with the extra finances it doesn't look like we will change our methods. Just hope we don't get nabbed like we have done in the past arguing over a million or two.

Could possibly be Mata all over again seen reports of Chelsea sniffing around.Arsenal don't ruin our summer of hope by being cheap basterds once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Waiting for the first poster to go ballistic because the transfer rumours aren't what they wanted to hear.

Don't believe a word of it people. We've always done this stuff on the hush hush. I mean look at Monreal. We need a lb and suddenly find we had an agreement in place to sign one anyway.

To quote my favourite line from 'do the right thing'....

'Them that say don't know and them that know don't say'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Could possibly be Mata all over again seen reports of Chelsea sniffing around.Arsenal don't ruin our summer of hope by being cheap basterds once again.

Too right. We need to put the money down and get the players we need not to be left to choose who is left, once the best players have been bought. We need some quality signings and no journeymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

We didn't lose out on Mata by a million fo two.

Chelsea could have gone 5-10 million higher easy if they wanted to.

Once they wanted Mata, he was gone from us.

meriwether wrote: »
    We didn't lose out on Mata by a million fo two.

Chelsea could have gone 5-10 million higher easy if they wanted to.

Once they wanted Mata, he was gone from us.

Not really at the the time we had been linked to him for months and had been in negotiations, nearly sealed the deal etc before Chelsea even came sniffing, so essentially we could have had it well tied up done and dusted before they became interested had we not been trying to save a few Euros ;).

Plus if were hearing right were meant to be moving in the right direction the right direction means at lest trying to compete with the bigger spenders in the league and getting the players we want our fist choice options. We will see how the summer pans out but im hoping to see some real signs of progress this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dvemail wrote: »
    And so it begins.

Rooney opens talks with PSG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Andip wrote: »
    Rooney opens talks with PSG

On BBC sport football gossip.
    Wayne Rooney feels he is being forced out of Manchester United and the 27-year-old striker is reportedly adamant that he has not asked to leave the club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

What is that all about then? Is he having another not feeling loved period or more money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Higuain apparently agreed terms with Juventus according to Italian media

• Advertisement

Andip wrote: »
    Higuain apparently agreed terms with Juventus according to Italian media

Strangely there saying he has agreed personal terms but Juve haven't met Madrid asking price of 25million but they are at 19 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

essentially we could have had it well tied up done and dusted before they became interested had we not been trying to save a few Euros ;).

I don't think you say that tbh. I could equally say that his agent was always going to play the field for higher bidders once we had agreed anything.

In truth, neither of us know anything apart from the fact that we were interested and Chrksea paid him more per week than we could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jester77 wrote: »
    Arsenal not willing to meet the buy out clause on Jovetic according to @GeoffArsena

This article would support that but it's only from Bleacher --

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1456502/juve-keen-jovetic-higuain?cc=5739

As is this one about Sagna --

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/darJZ?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I just bought a season ticket for Arsenal today. £1,400. I am mad.

Title Winning Season Ticket!

*ahem*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Pudders wrote: »

We will win the quadruple this coming season. That's money well spent my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

possibly :pac: if you can justify it who cares.

if you aren't going to a game can you rent the ticket or something?

where's the seat btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Fair play, prices are nuts :o

You can get a season ticket for most clubs in the Bundesliga for the price of some of Arsenals tickets for a single game. They really rip the piss with the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

jester77 wrote: »
    Fair play, prices are nuts :o

You can get a season ticket for most clubs in the Bundesliga for the price of some of Arsenals tickets for a single game. They really rip the piss with the fans.

£70 a ticket roughly. Oh well you always get entertained at the emirates! Front row seats in the upper tier directly behind the goal just above and to the side of the away fans. The best away fans I have vere seen at a ground were Dortmund in the CL last year. Never seen anything like them. I'd love to go to a dortmund game at home.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

£70 a ticket, da fuq?

I thought all category C games were £40? How much is a cat A now?

gosplan wrote: »
    Not sure how you calculate that stat but it's worth noting that loads of Podolski's goals have been really important one's in terms of the direction of the game.

They always seem to be the one that puts us ahead or the equaliser.

Not sure if that's considered in the stat but they're harder goals to score.

it never said how they calculated it

i'm not sure how they calculate them kind of stats either apart from the obvious one - the only or last goal when you win by one goal.
    don't what or if they count if you win by 2 or more to nil or by 2 or more
    didn't bale supposedly get 26 points for tottenham

you're right enough with the important goals, won 10/11 when he's scored too
    in the league podolski scored:
    first - 4
    equalizer - 1
    put ahead - 2
    twice each for 2-0 & 3-1
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lukas-podolski/leistungsdaten/spieler_15185.html down the bottom

for comparisons walcott has similar type of goals as podolski but a few more fillers, though giroud's aren't showing for the PL for some reason

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ineffective the last four games?? He scored twice in one of them. What more do ya want?

did you watch them games or just look to see who scored on teletext?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Fake one doing the rounds:
    21324_460665407354038_1315721173_n.jpg

it's not too far off what's already been leaked, the colours might be a bit washed out on the pic below

LKAR1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So if that is next seasons away kit, when are we getting Puma shirts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Supposed to start in 2014/2015 season.

14/15

this monstrosity be fake

article-2321029-19AC61DD000005DC-250_306x423.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Why we wearing tennis apparel now?
    ((yellowkit))

Why we wearing tennis apparel now?
    ((yellowkit))

tennis gears usually white :pac:

i'd associate yellow with arsenal away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's not like the yellow with blue trims has no precedent for Arsenal...

Charlie%20George.jpg
    keown-nistelnooy2-415x275.jpg

It's not like the yellow with blue trims has no precedent for Arsenal...

keown-nistelnooy2-415x275.jpg

I still get goosebumps when I see that, I remember watching that match in the pub and Keown just mirrored every Arsenal fan at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

For me arsenals Awaykit will always be yellow and blue. I like that jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Has this been posted here already? Pretty sure it's just a mock up done by somebody on twitter, but I really like it!

wilshere-1890550.png

Puma haven't even been confirmed by the club yet have they? I reckon they wont announce till about half way through next season since there still another year on the Nike deal.

Puma haven't even been confirmed by the club yet have they? I reckon they wont announce till about half way through next season since there still another year on the Nike deal.

no, not officially but i think it's done.

it's a very good deal (~170/5 years) compared to man city's (72/6) but it's not like they need the money :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yellow and/or blue should always be our away kit imo.

They should change it to something different every year.

Couldn't care less if they played in overalls as long as we won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If Arsenal sell Vermaelen they're absolute idiots. He's part of the reason Mert/Kos are performing so well. Competition for places. #afc

Seen this tweeted and I tend to agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If Arsenal sell Vermaelen they're absolute idiots. He's part of the reason Mert/Kos are performing so well. Competition for places. #afc

Seen this tweeted and I tend to agree

Suppose it depends on who is brought in to replace him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Madness that so many rumours going around about Mourinho hijacking the Jovetic deal when he isn't even a manager anywhere yet.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Suppose it depends on who is brought in to replace him

We need one CB already why buy two I still think verm is very good just had a bad season
    With a proper DM I think verm/kos could be our best pairing

We need one CB already why buy two I still think verm is very good just had a bad season

Might be something to do with his fitness but I watched most of our games and several times I saw him struggle to get back from being caught out of position.
    Maybe he's losing his speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So Higuain to Juventus and Jovetic to Juve/City seem to be heating up.

I know its early and all but itsn't that both of the 'marquee' players we've been linked to gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

AdamD wrote: »

I know its early and all but itsn't that both of the 'marquee' players we've been linked to gone?

We're always linked with plenty of players. I'd be disappointed if Jovetic slipped through our fingers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger would prefer to buy two players for the price he's being valued at. If that meant that the team/squad was improved in two areas as a result then I'd be all for it. I was delighted with Podolski & Cazorla coming in. If he could find a couple more players of their quality, I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It really depends on who is brought in. If we sign two first team players for £25m it would be better than signing one for £25m but one first team player at £25m would be better than two squad players etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It really depends on who is brought in. If we sign two first team players for £25m it would be better than signing one for £25m but one first team player at £25m would be better than two squad players etc.

I really feel we need a step up in quality to be brought into the squad which means paying more money. We need players who are better than we have currently rather than on the same level. I get the feeling the rest of the top 4 will all be spending big this Summer and we need to as well if we want to catch them and achieve more than 3rd/4th place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

AdamD wrote: »

I was thinking that Arsene might steal a march on the other clubs (in the prem how are sorting their managers out) and get his business done very very early by buying a big big player or two.

But the more i think of it he might sign players who will compliment the team rather than just signing a marquee player.

Either way, I trust him to do what he thinks is best for the club and thats good enough for me.

The fact we scored more goals last season than when we had RVP is startling imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

He's had two bad seasons in a row actually, hasn't been the same since returning from his long term injury.

jordainius wrote: »
    He's had two bad seasons in a row actually, hasn't been the same since returning from his long term injury.

Maybe he is not the same, I just think last season Song never played his role, an this season arteta is not a proper DM

With a proper one I think he could be on top form again

Or I could be wrong and his goals masked that he was always shït :)

Vermaelen has been very disappointing since returning from injury, he seems to have lost his confidence (and thus decisiveness) and he looks a lot weaker than he used to. I'd still give him another season though; it's been a pretty unsettled two years for the club as a whole and it isn't to come back from a year out. I miss that tigerish CB we signed in 2009 and still want to give him a chance to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Or I could be wrong and his goals masked that he was always shït :)

This comment was probably tounge in cheek but tbh there is a certain amount of truth to it, they certainly helped feul the belief he was better than he ever actually was.

Another example of this is Evra at united, you hear them all bleating on about what a wonderfull season he had and he's back to he's best - all based purely on the fact he scored a couple of goals and was doing well in Fantasy Football :rolleyes: fact is he can't defend for sh*t

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement