Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

batistuta9 wrote: »

Time to cut him loose I fear. Poor guy is far too injury prone.

Found this doing the rounds on Facebook today - is a screengrabb from Fifa right?

479851_503851966331442_1582266922_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    I can't see united letting Rooney go to another premier league team but I would love to see him at Arsenal. How many goals has he scored against us over the years? Also If he does leave united he will have something to prove to them. A fired up Rooney would be a huge asset.

Good point on arseblog today about this. Rooney questioned Utd's ambition to get a pay rise. Do we need that kind of a player? I mean if he was willing to pull that stunt at Utd with Fergie, how much respect could we expect him to show Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Its not happening. Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

the more i think about it the more i'd be completely against signing rooney.
    sure he's talented but there are far more negatives than positives with him for Arsenal.
    Besides we're not going to sign him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »
    Good point on arseblog today about this. Rooney questioned Utd's ambition to get a pay rise. Do we need that kind of a player? I mean if he was willing to pull that stunt at Utd with Fergie, how much respect could we expect him to show Arsenal?

they also valued him enough to give it to him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they also valued him enough to give it to him...

That is pretty much what RVP did to arsenal last year but arsenal were pussies and let him go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Also, forget rooney. we need Falco. give falco 200k a week and a 40m fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Rooney at Arsenal. Not in a million years, his wages are bananas, only clubs that can have him have rich oil barons running them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 1h
    #Wenger confirmed to Telefoot #Arsenal are following #Lyon playmaker Clement #Grenier. "His intelligence pleases me. Reminds me of Nasri."

Looks a tidy player, played well against Tottenham too!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 1h
    #Wenger confirmed to Telefoot #Arsenal are following #Lyon playmaker Clement #Grenier. "His intelligence pleases me. Reminds me of Nasri."

Looks a tidy player, played well against Tottenham too!

Hope he's not too much like Nasri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

24 years ago today. I was two so dont remember it live but I'm sure some of you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AW: "We wont be selling any of our top players this time around & that includes Wilshere. We will be adding at least 3 significant signings"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

AW: "We wont be selling any of our top players this time around & that includes Wilshere. We will be adding at least 3 significant signings"

Read that on arseblog there, he wasn't sure of the original source and I wouldn't be surprised if it were BS. Very unwenger type of thing to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems to be a lot of talk up our way that it's a matter of time before you lot bid for Mignolet. £10m-£12m seems to be the reported figure, could you really see Wenger spending that on a goalkeeper? I hope not, I'd be very disappointed to lose him as he's our second best player (after Sessegnon). Sunderland are in contract talks with him at the minute too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

The mirror reporting that, sounds like BS.

I'd say Wenger's a bit too stingy to pay 10m + for a keeper.

The fact that both our keepers played pretty well during the run-in suggests to me that he won't anyway. I know Fab's out of contract now but can't really see him being let go for free and decent money splashed on a replacement.

Anyway, given my general man love for mad Jens and the performances of the two keepers in the Cl final last night, I think we should go get another German keeper.

Also Mignolet is a bit of an obvious signing, and an easy media story - like Samba and Cahill before.

Pick good player from mid level team - insert name of big team that needs position covered - instant story.

There's no need for us to move quickly on this as he won't be going to Chelsea, Man U or City and his stock won't be too high abroad. All that spells to me that any rumour of it is just a rumour. No way would anyone at Arsenal disclose information like this thereby bumping up the price. If we do sign him, expect it to be hardball negotiations all summer long trying to get him from 10 million to 8 or something like that.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

24 years ago today. I was two so dont remember it live but I'm sure some of you do.

Did they really only have 2 subs back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Galvasean wrote: »
    Did they really only have 2 subs back in the day?

I remember when it was one and I am sure there are guys here who remember when it was none... I am looking at you tayto :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ronjo wrote: »
    I remember when it was one and I am sure there are guys here who remember when it was none... I am looking at you tayto :D

The first cup final I saw on t.v.
    Neighbours had a television, the first in our lane, and about 20 of us were allowed watch it. Lucky the GAA didn't hear about it then :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vCyXaRVzJE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Falcao is off to Monaco, not that we were in for hi but still

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Falcao is off to Monaco, not that we were in for hi but still

Monaco? Feckin hell, obviously not too pushed on trophies but at least he'll be stinking rich I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Monaco? Feckin hell, obviously not too pushed on trophies but at least he'll be stinking rich I suppose.

They're spending a fortune, so they'll do well in the league, I'm surprised he's willing to go to a club without European football though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Monaco's got that crazy tax system too so they can afford crazy wages and pay way less. All the other french clubs are kicking up stick over it. Heard something mad like thay PSg paid Zlatan 29m a year when taxes are taken into account, monaco would only need to pay around 10m for zlatan to get the same take home money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

L'prof wrote: »
    They're spending a fortune, so they'll do well in the league, I'm surprised he's willing to go to a club without European football though!

Falcao's situation is very complicated and it's hard to say to what extent this decision is his own.

He signed away a lot of his rights to an investment group when he was a nobody and it could well be that they are the ones moving him around.

I'm not sure if any other club would be willing to pay what Monaco have paid (as I'm not sure he's worth it), and the investment group are obviously looking for their big pay day.

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I know it's not as black and white as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Some reports floating around jovetic turned us down
    Wants to stay in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Things don't get any better than that, remember it well, was at the game.

Some reports floating around jovetic turned us down
    Wants to stay in Italy

We are going to hijack Monaco's deal for Falcao *ahem*

Been thinking about Rooney joining us. It ain't gonna happen but I think he'd fit in pretty well leading our front line. He's a great finisher, good movement. Would be a very good option

Money + lifestyle I guess. also it'll be an easy league for him.

Next (this?) season will be their first in the top division, the season after they will almost definitely be in the Champions League. One season of maybe not challenging isnt a bad deal for the amount he is getting coupled with the location.

• Advertisement

Jack is on crutches: http://i.imgur.com/Yt457ja.jpg
    Relax, he had the pin removed from his last surgery.

I miss football already :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Summers without a Euros/WC comp are painful

We have Internationals coming up. Potentially Chamberlain, Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey, Cazorla, Monreal, Podolski, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Giroud, Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Gervinho..... probably a couple more. I havent bothered checking fixtures. Some will be involved somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We should leak information saying he has Barcelona DNA :D

• Advertisement

We have Internationals coming up. Potentially Chamberlain, Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey, Cazorla, Monreal, Podolski, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Giroud, Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Gervinho..... probably a couple more. I havent bothered checking fixtures. Some will be involved somewhere.

Ah yeh but international friendlies are normally bore fests ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jack is on crutches: http://i.imgur.com/Yt457ja.jpg
    Relax, he had the pin removed from his last surgery.

What's he doing with Gareth Bales's picture on his hoodie?! :mad:

Nacho and Cazorla are both in the Confederations Cup this June:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Any word on the planets greatest striker ever?

In his defence, he scored a couple of pretty important goals for us last season.

He should be a third choice left wing instead of a defender.

I mean, in an attacking sense, he'd probably match Gervinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

In his defence, he scored a couple of pretty important goals for us last season.

He should be a third choice left wing instead of a defender.

I mean, in an attacking sense, he'd probably match Gervinho.

Agree with this. Think he could offer something going forward and could be a decent squad player. There I've said it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Agree with this. Think he could offer something going forward and could be a decent squad player. There I've said it :eek:

Its a bit early to be drinking.

Everyone should go to arseblog.com today and take a look at the Santi video linked.

Serious case of man love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Its a bit early to be drinking.

Wanted to make my 500th post a good one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Any word on the planets greatest striker ever?

To progress he needs to be playing every week which won't happen at the emirates.

Everyone should go to arseblog.com today and take a look at the Santi video linked.

Serious case of man love

That video is a bit creepy :D

At least it doesn't have techno music..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Whats the latest on Joel Campbell lads? Is he going to stay on loan in France for another season?

Edit - On loan in Spain dont know why I said France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The mirror is reporting that we're trying to sign Pogba from Juve. I know he's impressed this year but I don't think I'd like him with us.

Anyways it's only a mirror story so I've no fear of it being true

Why not? He'd walk into the team.

Also comes with the added bonus of pissing off United fans. A lot of them where not happy to lose him :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement