Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why not? He'd walk into the team.
    Seeing a player spit on another player would turn me away from wanting him at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I have a feeling were gonna be let down on the signing of a striker only so many decent ones available and they seem to be a good few clubs in the market for one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I miss football already :(.

play fifa :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seeing a player spit on another player would turn me away from wanting him at the club.

Ah so THAT'S why we let Nasri and Fabregas go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Somebody should call Monaco and tell them how good Gervinho was in France..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The striker one is an interesting question.

Who's realistic and improves the team.

Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski are too big for us.

Benteke, Remi etc are possible but a bit meh.

Villa, Jovetic?

Maybe someone like Mario Gomez? Kind of pointless having him and Giroud though.

If he didn't have the baggage, I'd love Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

How would people feel about a cheeky bid for Torres? Always felt Wenger has a great knack for getting players running low on confidence motoring again. I feel Torres might be too far gone, but if Chelsea are looking to sell, and we threw an offer of 15million in I think it wouldn't be the worst signing although his wages would be very high. Remy is another I reckon we should throw a bid in for, a good finisher with great pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Remy is another I reckon we should throw a bid in for, a good finisher with great pace.

he's a bit rapey though. Allegedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he's a bit rapey though. Allegedly.

Wasn't van Persie accused of the same thing??? Doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

L'prof wrote: »
    Wasn't van Persie accused of the same thing??? Doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty!

of course not, but i don't see any clubs taking a chance on him while waiting on potential charges to be filed etc. Would be madness to try sign him only for him to end up locked up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

bad2dabone wrote: »
    of course not, but i don't see any clubs taking a chance on him while waiting on potential charges to be filed etc. Would be madness to try sign him only for him to end up locked up :)

Completely forgot about Remy being accused of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gomez could be a goer. Word is Munich are signing Ledanawski. With Mandzuckic already ahead of him in the pecking order and Pep Guardiola's tendency to play only one striker (sometimes less!) I'd imagine he'll be on the move.
    Gomez. Does nothing for 80 minutes, then gets a hat trick - exactly what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Interesting rumour about Skertl today. I imagine it's all bullsh1t but at the same time, I'd be quite happy with Kos/Mert/Verm/Skert as our 4cb's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

gosplan wrote: »
    Interesting rumour about Skertl today. I imagine it's all bullsh1t but at the same time, I'd be quite happy with Kos/Mert/Verm/Skert as our 4cb's.

Ashley Williams is miles a head Skrtel, i hope its bs, that would see Vermaelen gone as well.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Gomez could be a goer. Word is Munich are signing Ledanawski. With Mandzuckic already ahead of him in the pecking order and Pep Guardiola's tendency to play only one striker (sometimes less!) I'd imagine he'll be on the move.
    Gomez. Does nothing for 80 minutes, then gets a hat trick - exactly what we need.

Arshavin Mark II?

No thanks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If its a striker were looking for I would love us to go for the young Armenian Henrikh Mkhitaryan off Shaktar Donetsk, only 24 and has scored more than a goal in every other game for them. He really impressed me when he played against us (Ireland) a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In the same way we were never buying Reina last summer despite media speculation we won't be going near either Torres or Skrtel this summer. Torres has been horrid for far too long now, its not a blip, hes just past it. Skrtel wasn't even first choice for Liverpool and our defence was better than theirs...from what I've read hes been error prone and struggles to play in a possession based system. No go for me. Haven't seen much of Ashley Williams so can't comment there but I really hope we don't pay much for him, hes 28 and coming from Swansea.

Loads of rumours linking us with Clement Grenier from Lyon, Wenger also declared interest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

AdamD wrote: »
    In the same way we were never buying Reina last summer despite media speculation we won't be going near either Torres or Skrtel this summer. Torres has been horrid for far too long now, its not a blip, hes just past it. Skrtel wasn't even first choice for Liverpool and our defence was better than theirs...from what I've read hes been error prone and struggles to play in a possession based system. No go for me. Haven't seen much of Ashley Williams so can't comment there but I really hope we don't pay much for him, hes 28 and coming from Swansea.

Loads of rumours linking us with Clement Grenier from Lyon, Wenger also declared interest..
    If Wenger declared interest then we ain't signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If Wenger declared interest then we ain't signing him.

Podolski and Mert say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Podolski and Mert say otherwise.

Where they not done deals behind closed doors when he said this?

Seems this lad wants the move but nothing has been decided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Arsenal are 1/4 to sign Ashley Williams. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

very undecided about Williams, squad player possibly but not much more than that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

play fifa :):D

Football Manager ftw! It might ruin your life but I couldnt say no when it was only a tenner!

Falcao and M'Villa are having a great first season for us :pac:
    wonga77 wrote: »
    very undecided about Williams, squad player possibly but not much more than that

I think thats what we need though, I don't think we can do much better than Mert and Kosc as first choice. i would like vermaelan to stay too, if that happened and we got williams then I think we're pretty set in terms of defenders. Would hope they'll keep Sagna on for one more season to let Jenkinson mature a bit more too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

AdamD wrote: »

Entering he's prime as a centre half and been an integral part of the most improved team in English Football over the past 24 months, whats the problem??

I'm not saying he would be agreat signning fwiw just that those two facts are certainly not valid reasons to dispell the notion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It's almost to quiet in the transfer window, at Arsenal we tend to get our business done early which doesnt seem to be happening or the other last ditch efforts in recent seasons hopefully it's not the latter.

Nice interview with Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Toure has signed for Liverpool.

thought he would have been a handy squad players for us, oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Toure has signed for Liverpool.

thought he would have been a handy squad players for us, oh well.

He left. I don't want him back. The only one I would like to see back is Cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Straight from the man himself! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Pod scoring within a minute for Germany. Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

HazDanz wrote: »
    Pod scoring within a minute for Germany. Good man.

And set up the second goal too.

• Advertisement

And set up the second goal too.

That kinda sticks it to Bierhoff aswell after his comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Podolski with a 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That kinda sticks it to Bierhoff aswell after his comments.

What did he say??

What did he say??

Basically that Podolski didn't deserve to be in the German national team and his progress had been unsatisfactory. So I'd imagine Podoslki will be very satisfied to shove the two goals and assist down his throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Watching the Ireland v England game has only strengthened my belief that signing Wayne Rooney would be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Also strengthened mine that arsenal should make a bid for McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

stuchyg wrote: »

Mc Carthy and Coleman.

stuchyg wrote: »

I do like McCarthy but were would he fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Basically that Podolski didn't deserve to be in the German national team and his progress had been unsatisfactory. So I'd imagine Podoslki will be very satisfied to shove the two goals and assist down his throat.

And he had every right to say that. It's a valid assessment, as Podolski has been absolutely rubbish in the German National Team for the last year.

• Advertisement

DubDani wrote: »
    And he had every right to say that. It's a valid assessment, as Podolski has been absolutely rubbish in the German National Team for the last year.

Maybe so I haven't watched much of the German national team, but the two goals and assist tonight are still a big fcuk you at Bierhoff ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I do like McCarthy but were would he fit?

McCarthy and Wilshire could work very well as the two central midfielders with Cazorla ahead of them. Coleman would be a step up from Sagna with his recent form.

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    McCarthy and Wilshire could work very well as the two central midfielders with Cazorla ahead of them. Coleman would be a step up from Sagna with his recent form.

Maybe yeh, and it is a combination I'd like to see but I really do think were crying out for a powerhouse midfielder someone who can dominate games when needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Maybe so I haven't watched much of the German national team, but the two goals and assist tonight are still a big fcuk you at Bierhoff ;) .

He was fairly rubbish after about 30 mins. They were saying that his first goal could be one of the quickest ever international goals, 9 seconds it is timed at.

jester77 wrote: »
    He was fairly rubbish after about 30 mins. They were saying that his first goal could be one of the quickest ever international goals, 9 seconds it is timed at.

If it the same way he was "rubbish" against Wigan and still scored two goals I wouldn't mind ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

pretty impressive

• Advertisement

Mocha Joe wrote: »

Not gonna mean much coming from me, but Ramsey is a better player than McCarthy

Just pair them up if your gonna do that

I think we need a new DM to replace arteta

Arteta/Ramsey battle it out for the pivot role

Jack will be our AM next season

Santi start wide left in a free role (played his best games in that position all season)

Theo wide right

New striker

Basically we need two big signings DM and Striker

Everything else will be squad fillers which I will be happy with

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Santi start wide left in a free role (played his best games in that position all season)

Theo wide right

New striker

I thought Santi looked better through the middle, when Jack wasn't in the team.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought Santi looked better through the middle, when Jack wasn't in the team.

He played left, rosicky went through the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Theo wide right

New striker

I agree in part. We do need two big signings: a DM and a striker would be ideal.

However, I also think we need more high quality squad players. At the very least, I would like someone to challenge Walcott.

Other than that, a backup for both Jenkinson and Vermalen signed as soon as possible would also be great so if either of them decide to leave in August, it is already covered. Most of the rest of the team is ok, as long as we don't lose "squad" players like Gervinho and don't replace them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement