Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Arsenal top 50 players, biggest suprise for me is Ashley Cole on that list never mind how high up he eve is.

http://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players
    No Oleg Luzhny

For shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Arsenal top 50 players, biggest suprise for me is Ashley Cole on that list never mind how high up he eve is.

http://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players
    no RVP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Looking at the list just makes me want to watch Bergkamp videos on youtube all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Kanu at 13 is pretty laughable in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd relax lads theres a long summer ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's dated July 2008 :confused: Might explain why Cesc, RVP & Bendtner are not on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Arsenal expect Arsène Wenger to sign new deal and snub Paris Saint-Germain, claims chief executive Ivan Gazidis

Source Telegraph:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10103323/Arsenal-expect-Arsene-Wenger-to-sign-new-deal-and-snub-Paris-Saint-Germain-claims-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis.html

Is there really a chance that he would choose PSG....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Really hope wenger close to a new deal is true
    Give him a shot at it with some money he derserves it

Really hope wenger close to a new deal is true
    Give him a shot at it with some money he derserves it

I hope so.
    Even with loads of money, I think he will still look for value in his acquisitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I'd be very happy with that if it happened.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't think he's what we need and he wouldn't be cheap. There are better options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Tbh I think he's an average enough DMF who's reputation is bolstered by the fact he gets a good few goals at AMF when played there.

Playing him at AMF would be bad for us.

Feel free to shower me with thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS I hope he has said that as a smokescreen to our true intentions! Rooney would be a serious mistake!

Besides Rooney being one of the best signings we could make, he was talking about it as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Apparently we've triggered Fellaini's release clause of 22m.

dvemail wrote: »
    Apparently we've triggered Fellaini's release clause of 22m.

More importantly, he would seriously strengthen utd if he went there.

I'd be delighted

I'd be delighted

Agreed, he's exactly what we need to play in either the Arteta/Ramsey position.
    Good signal of intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'd be delighted

Plus a good kick in the nads of the new United Manager which is always a good thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fellaini would be nice alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

gandalf wrote: »
    Plus a good kick in the nads of the new United Manager which is always a good thing :p

If Utd are in for him, he will reject Arsenal.

If Utd are in for him, he will reject Arsenal.

Exactly why we need to act quick before anyone has a chance to intervene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd love Felliani, hope this is true. Felliani a top CF and a decent CB and Ill be extremely happy with the summers business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dvemail wrote: »
    Exactly why we need to act quick before anyone has a chance to intervene.

Don't think that'll work. His agent will be touting him to all and sundry. That's probably why the article is in the Times in the first place. It'll be Arsene's/Arsenals job to convince Felliani that a move to the Emirates will be best for his career.

Nice to see this £100ml war chest getting to work though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Glad to see the Times and Sky Sports reporting it, if it had originated at goal.com I would have counted it as realistic as a Lord of the Rings book.

Glad to see the Times and Sky Sports reporting it, if it had originated at goal.com I would have counted it as realistic as a Lord of the Rings book.

Yeah was reported by The Times then 90min later Goal.com have the exclusive story. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TBF to Fellaini he has been good at DM this season too. Had a superb game against us 2 months ago iirc and would be good to use in a deeper role in the big games and also as a plan B attacker against parked buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

any1 hear about a possible bid for steven taylor?

been linked a few times over the last few years but heard it today again

(nufc fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fellani would be a cracking signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Jaysus lads Im getting very excited by that Gazidis quote saying we can compete like Bayern Munich can financially :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads Im getting very excited by that Gazidis quote saying we can compete like Bayern Munich can financially :D

kinda related - Munich's wage bill would be the 5th highest in the PL, Dortmund's the 8th

batistuta9 wrote: »
    kinda related - Munich's wage bill would be the 5th highest in the PL, Dortmund's the 8th

I mean the spending power, have a read of his interview on that rag The Mirror if what he says is true the future is looking very bright indeed and finally we can be were we belong and thats on top of the league and winning trophies :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

all just linked atm but even as a non Arsenal fan im exited by the prospect of Arsenal finally loosening the purse strings after getting rid of their deadweight and bringing in some real top class talent. If Cesar, Fellaini and 1 of Higuain or jovetic signed i'd honestly consider Arsenal title contenders next season considering all the change at the other top 4 clubs especially managerially.

cadete wrote: »
    any1 hear about a possible bid for steven taylor?

been linked a few times over the last few years but heard it today again

(nufc fan)

We are looking at goalkeepers, yes.

• Advertisement

Skysports are only reporting that Sky Bet had a flurry of bets on the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

All this money talk this morning is making me so excited. Please dont let me down Arsenal.

I think it would be quite embarrassing for Gazidis if he spoke about all this money being available and we DIDNT make significant signings. Then again, it doesnt cost anything to make bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Worth it just for the haircut :D

He's exactly what we need, although I find 22 million a bit expensive for him. We need someone with a physical presence in defensive midfield, we've missed that since Vieira left. I'd rather have Yaya Toure but Fellani could do the job for us.

jester77 wrote: »

He's exactly what we need, although I find 22 million a bit expensive for him. We need someone with a physical presence in defensive midfield, we've missed that since Vieira left. I'd rather have Yaya Toure but Fellani could do the job for us.

I'd take Fellaini all day over Toure who is 31 years old, Fellaini is still only a pup and his best years are ahead of him. He would give us that bit of steel in the middle that has been badly missed these past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

keano_afc wrote: »
    I think it would be quite embarrassing for Gazidis if he spoke about all this money being available and we DIDNT make significant signings. Then again, it doesnt cost anything to make bids.

In all fairness he\they pretty much say the same thing every six months, the funds are there, whatever wenger wants he'll get. Admittedly this the first time he mentions a name. I'm not being negative but don't depend on us making big signings, we seem to fall for it every time.

And Feillaini, yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

' Much of the appeal lies in Fellaini’s desire to establish himself in a regular role at a top-four club as a holding midfielder, which is what Arsène Wenger has in mind. '

From the times. That would suit us very well, I haven't got much interest in him as a CAM but as a CM beside Arteta or Wilshere he could have a huge impact on the team. Hes been what people have been wanting for years, a strong CM who is good on the ball and has a nasty side. Hes also a decent goal threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »
    ' Much of the appeal lies in Fellaini’s desire to establish himself in a regular role at a top-four club as a holding midfielder, which is what Arsène Wenger has in mind. '

From the times. That would suit us very well, I haven't got much interest in him as a CAM but as a CM beside Arteta or Wilshere he could have a huge impact on the team. Hes been what people have been wanting for years, a strong CM who is good on the ball and has a nasty side. Hes also a decent goal threat.

I agree with this, but I also think that when wer'e chasing a game he'd be able to do the Yaya Toure and go from defensive midfield to switch his power to a more forward role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

His versatility would come in very handy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

With Phil Neville leaving I wonder would Martinez give the Everton Captaincy to Fellaini as a way of trying to keep him there? Not wanting to de-rail our interest in him as I would love if he came. We haven't had a great defensive midfield destroyer in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jester77 wrote: »

Why would any fan worry about the price of a player? That's for the financial people to worry about. None of our business.
    I wouldn't care what a player costs as long as he can fill the role required and is good for the team.
    We have money so let's spend it and get the best we can.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement