Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    Juve are odds on favourites for Higuain unfortunately. Favourites to sign Jovetic too :-/

I never read to much into bookies odd's really there all dependent on what people are betting on which is usually dependent on whatever crap the likes of The Sun decide to fill pages with.

I'd say Higuain is most likely followed by Felliani. Rooney and Cesc I can't see happening and we seem to have lost all interest in Jovetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Juve are odds on favourites for Higuain unfortunately. Favourites to sign Jovetic too :-/

doubt they'll sign both

& i actually think Rooney is higher on arsenals list than people like to think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I never read to much into bookies odd's really there all dependent on what people are betting on which is usually dependent on whatever crap the likes of The Sun decide to fill pages with.

I'd say Higuain is most likely followed by Felliani. Rooney and Cesc I can't see happening and we seem to have lost all interest in Jovetic.
    Jovetic it is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

normally arsenal bring in players later in the transfer window to save wages while united, city who dont care about wages bring them in early to embed them in the squad. Reckon higuain will be in but comewhat July/August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I dont think we can wait this year theres alot of clubs after higuain fellani rooney and cesc we will have to snap them up asap.

Id nearly sell the car and put it all on rooney not joining us there is no way hes gonna take a weekly pay cut of about 100k to join us hes going to chelsea psg monaco or madrid id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Surely they can't sign both. Even the fact that we'd have more ability for cashola up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Although different positions, but there's no danger that now Mourinho is at Chelsea he would throw in some sort of swap deal with Barca and exchange Torres for Fabregas is there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Andip wrote: »
    Although different positions, but there's no danger that now Mourinho is at Chelsea he would throw in some sort of swap deal with Barca and exchange Torres for Fabregas is there ?

I really don't think Barca would want Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no way cesc would play for mou. hes not exactly popular with barca players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Are we seriously getting worked up over random percentages assigned to the obvious players Arsenal could sign?

Just switch off lads. Follow the official site and forget everything else.

Last year it would have been Samba - 80%, Cahill 65%.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus stop man Cole is still one of the best left fulls in Europe. Luiz would get into our starting 11 as well. Sometimes I wonder how blinkered some of our fans are, Rating Gibbs ahead of Cole and Mertesacker ahead of Luiz :O
    Luiz who so good at CB that they've started playing him in midfield, Luiz?

Gibbs was as good as Cole was last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ashley Cole is much better than Gibbs, but I even prefer Nacho over Gibbs. Per is a much better CB than Luiz though, no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ashley Cole is much better than Gibbs, but I even prefer Nacho over Gibbs. Per is a much better CB than Luiz though, no question.

Disagree on last season's form tbh, Cole seems to have either lost his legs or was told by Benitez to stop going forward, either way he seemed a bit anonymous going forwards which is unusual for him. I'd probably rather have Luiz in our squad than Mertesacker though, he could become a serious midfielder with proper coaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Luiz who so good at CB that they've started playing him in midfield, Luiz?

Gibbs was as good as Cole was last season.

Well than I would much rather Luiz in the holding midfield roll than Arteta :-D We badly need a holding midfielder so I hope to jaysus that Fellaini bid wasn't just garbage from the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I hope Arsene doesnt make any BIG NAME - BIG MONEY transfers this summer.
    The big french girls blouse has been waffling on about how he undersands the game watches every match available to see, lives breaths the game, lah blah blah...
    well hes spent alot the last few seasons brought in plenty players who he said were going todo the buisness, he extended contracts of plnty 'iffy' squad players , Wenger oversees everything in the club, lets see some more of the youth team come through after all they have had years for his influence to rub off, and lets see if he can figure out how NOT to get young players with developing physiologys crocked.
    Lets see some of his buys produce the goods.The man acts like he can spot talent , any fool could buy higuain,fab,rooney and felliani and hope for success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The big french girls blouse has been waffling on about how he undersands the game watches every match available to see, lives breaths the game, lah blah blah...
    well hes spent alot the last few seasons brought in plenty players who he said were going todo the buisness, he extended contracts of plnty 'iffy' squad players , Wenger oversees everything in the club, lets see some more of the youth team come through after all they have had years for his influence to rub off, and lets see if he can figure out how NOT to get young players with developing physiologys crocked.
    Lets see some of his buys produce the goods.The man acts like he can spot talent , any fool could buy higuain,fab,rooney and felliani and hope for success.

I don't even know were to start...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Here's a word that describes people like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What a load of nonsense my friend!

Raf32 wrote: »
    I even prefer Nacho over Gibbs.
    Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Here's a word that describes people like you.

I was thinking of a much shorter word myself, it begins with a C and ends with a T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I was thinking of a much shorter word myself, it begins with a C and ends with a T.

A co...co....co... coconut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

CLINT?

Christ?

wait, no... carrot.

• Advertisement

Application for job on talksport?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gosplan wrote: »
    Application for job on talksport?

I thought Stewart Robson had been let loose on a keyboard for a sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

keano_afc wrote: »
    I thought Stewart Robson had been let loose on a keyboard for a sec.

I sometimes wonder if he has multiple usernames on here.

wait, no... carrot.
    Christ?
    CLINT?
    Cat?
    jonny666 wrote: »
    A co...co....co... coconut?

All very good guesses tbf but no one on the money as of yet, that said he has a lot of similarities with a coconut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

All very good guesses tbf but no one on the money as of yet, that said he has a lot of similarities with a coconut ;)

I know what the word is ... starts with C and ends in T
    CORRECT

• Advertisement

hahaha, BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

CORRECT

Well played in fairness.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CORRECT

That's the best post you've ever made!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's the best post you've ever made!

To be fair that wasn't a hard competition to win, it would be like receiving a merit award for been less injury prone than Diaby.

Was thinking of becoming a red member on arsenal.com for first time. Was just wondering is it worth it and can i buy two tickets for matches beside each other for me and a friend for example. or is it one ticket per red member per match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Was thinking of becoming a red member on arsenal.com for first time. Was just wondering is it worth it and can i buy two tickets for matches beside each other for me and a friend for example. or is it one ticket per red member per match?

1 ticket per membership. As far as I know, you can get plenty of games on general sale. I bought 2 memberships a season for 7/8 years in the hope that I'd eventually get bumped up to silver memberships with access to bigger games. That never happened and last season I decided not to pay for it any more.

The silver memberships are probably worth it, but waiting for so long to get one isn't. I was actually offered a season ticket before I was bumped up to a silver membership!

To be fair that wasn't a hard competition to win, it would be like receiving a merit award for been less injury prone than Diaby.

That reminds me ... anyone listen to 'The Tuesday Club' podcast?

Very good edition the week after the league ended. Finishing above Spurs meant a lot to them.

Anyway the reminder was because they have end of season awards. This year the 'Abou Diaby award for getting injured while coming back from injury' surprisingly went to Abou Diaby.

1 ticket per membership. As far as I know, you can get plenty of games on general sale. I bought 2 memberships a season for 7/8 years in the hope that I'd eventually get bumped up to silver memberships with access to bigger games. That never happened and last season I decided not to pay for it any more.

The silver memberships are probably worth it, but waiting for so long to get one isn't. I was actually offered a season ticket before I was bumped up to a silver membership!

Bit of a pain only being able to get one ticket wouldnt have much interest goin to london on my own to watch a match on my own.

Could i set up a second red memebership on a diferent email and get tickets beside eachother or do they give you random tickets or can you actually choose where you sit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bit of a pain only being able to get one ticket wouldnt have much interest goin to london on my own to watch a match on my own.

Could i set up a second red memebership on a diferent email and get tickets beside eachother or do they give you random tickets or can you actually choose where you sit?

I set one up for my gf so that I could always buy 2 tickets. You can log in with 1 card and and buy a ticket for the other card so that you have 2 seats together.

I set one up for my gf so that I could always buy 2 tickets. You can log in with 1 card and and buy a ticket for the other card so that you have 2 seats together.

Thats handy i might have to do that aswell.
    Ive been trying to become a red member all night it keeps saying ive done something wrong on the enter card details screen but ive everything perfect ill have to email them or something i guess. i find it a very akward site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How has Joel Campbell been getting on on loan lads? I had forgotten all about him but caught the line up for the Costa Rica team tonight and noticed that he was included which sprang me memory.

Paully D wrote: »
    How has Joel Campbell been getting on on loan lads? I had forgotten all about him but caught the line up for the Costa Rica team tonight and noticed that he was included which sprang me memory.

i think he's done OK (numbers wouldn't suggest that though), That's from reading arsenal sites, etc. i haven't seen much of him myself

& is going back to Betis next season too, they've a partnership of some sort with arsenal now

thought you were in to post something on minolet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭ronjo

I was thinking about the comments from Gazidis last week about all the available money. Any chance they are trying to actually push Wenger into splashing the cash?

ronjo wrote: »
    I was thinking about the comments from Gazidis last week about all the available money. Any chance they are trying to actually push Wenger into splashing the cash?

He's making it clear anyway who's decision it is to spend money. - Where the blame will be directed if it's not spent

While at the same time backing wenger in what ever he does with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ive been trying to become a red member all night it keeps saying ive done something wrong on the enter card details screen but ive everything perfect ill have to email them or something i guess. i find it a very akward site

Were you trying to use an Ulster Bank debit card by any chance? It's the only Irish card they don't accept for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

ronjo wrote: »

His comments also admitted that finances have been tight the past few years. There is too much noise coming out for my liking. Why tell fans and other clubs 'we have all the money' just go about your business and let the dealings do the talking.

I dreaded the ' We are looking for special talent' bit that for me is the avenue for cop out if needed.

I think we will give it a go but not to the extent some people here are talking. I think we will go bigish on centre forward but after that I'm not sure

Were you trying to use an Ulster Bank debit card by any chance? It's the only Irish card they don't accept for some reason.

God you'd think if anything they would accept Ulster bank especially with their ties with NatWest. Cheers mate. Was having issues with it and havent been able to renew last two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

i had a problem playing with visa, the same as the lads here with Ulster Bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

God you'd think if anything they would accept Ulster bank especially with their ties with NatWest. Cheers mate. Was having issues with it and havent been able to renew last two years

Ya I ended up ringing them last year in frustration and the guy on the phone said that the two cards they don't take are ulster and american express, though he couldn't tell me why. Had an o2 money card sitting there so tried that and it worked first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Bendtner told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet: “Arsenal have agreed with five clubs so now it is up to me to make a choice."

Apparently Blackpools offer to throw in a free stick of peppermint rock may be the deal clincher. .....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement