Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can it be bought and downloaded online or is a disc needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can it be bought and downloaded online or is a disc needed?

It can be bought online. But you need to install Steam to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

With the transfer window opening in July, I'm actually quite excited about how close Wenger has held his cards to his chest. Of course, if any amount of time in July passes by without one or two big signings I'll be getting very anxious very quickly.

As an aside, is anybody else thinking of going to any of the Asian tour matches? I know there have been some questions raised about whether the match will be going ahead or not, but I was due in Vietnam on the 19th anyway as part of my travels, I might just land a few days early to see all our new signings in action :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

When are the players not on international duty back for pre-season? After Celtic won the Cup I heard them say they are off for three weeks and then back into pre-season then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

DenMan wrote: »
    When are the players not on international duty back for pre-season? After Celtic won the cup I heard them say they are off for three weeks and then back into pre-season then!

Damien Duff was on the radio today in an interview i was listening to and he was saying hes back in training with Fulham in two weeks i think he said. Id say it varies with each club though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There's an Iron Maiden gig in London the night before the Emirates Cup. So much temptation...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    It can be bought online. But you need to install Steam to play it.

Steam sale should be next month I think. I got it for about a tenner a few weeks ago when it was on offer, will probably be similar price during the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

TheBza wrote: »
    Damien Duff was on the radio today in an interview i was listening to and he was saying hes back in training with Fulham in two weeks i think he said. Id say it varies with each club though.

Thanks! I wouldn't say it varies that much at all being honest! All of the clubs have very similar overseas tours and a lot of prep work to do for the new season. Fulham themselves I see are in America and Germany over the summer from mid-July!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327369/Premier-League-pre-season-fixtures-results-2013.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wonder what mourinhos striker plans are, does he fancy Torres, did him and higuan get along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looks like capello is going to PSG so that opens it up for ancelotti to real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sky Italy saying Wenger to PSG in 2014 is already agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Corvo wrote: »
    Sky Italy saying Wenger to PSG in 2014 is already agreed.

Sky Italy really aren't a reliable source at all, and I hardly think it would be agreed and be common knowledge over a year in advance no incoming top manager would agree to be interim manager for one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We seem to have released a lot of players and that would suggest a good number of signings, Hope it starts as soon as our people return from holiday this week.
    Those released --

Arsenal: Andrey Arshavin, Samir Bihmoutine, Reice Charles-Cook, Denilson, Craig Eastmond, Sead Hajrovic, Conor Henderson, Jernade Meade, Nigel Oldfield Spence-Neita, Joshua Rees, Philip Roberts, James Shea, Sebastien Squillaci, Sanchez Watt.
    :( That injury cost him big time. He was just on the fringe of the first team when it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

L'prof wrote: »
    With the transfer window opening in July, I'm actually quite excited about how close Wenger has held his cards to his chest. Of course, if any amount of time in July passes by without one or two big signings I'll be getting very anxious very quickly.

As an aside, is anybody else thinking of going to any of the Asian tour matches? I know there have been some questions raised about whether the match will be going ahead or not, but I was due in Vietnam on the 19th anyway as part of my travels, I might just land a few days early to see all our new signings in action :)

I can't find the list anywhere is it just Vietnam and Jakarta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DenMan wrote: »
    Thanks! I wouldn't say it varies that much at all being honest! All of the clubs have very similar overseas tours and a lot of prep work to do for the new season. Fulham themselves I see are in America and Germany over the summer from mid-July!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327369/Premier-League-pre-season-fixtures-results-2013.html

I think arsenal are back on the 4th of July, look for an article about wilshere on google news and the dates in it, it's about his injury and being back in time for pre-season

Thats Costa Rica that Fulham are going to, not San Jose, California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I can't find the list anywhere is it just Vietnam and Jakarta?
    And 2 games in Japan. I am in China till August so it is very tempting

And 2 games in Japan. I am in China till August so it is very tempting

I'm in China too, the hanoi game is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm in China too, the hanoi game is very tempting.
    Yeah I am hoping to do one. Been to Hanoi before though and it is the first game where its normally a lot of the young lads that get a run out.

Hanoi is a great city though. Definitely worth a break and visit Halong bay when your there

Yeah I am hoping to do one. Been to Hanoi before though and it is the first game where its normally a lot of the young lads that get a run out.

Hanoi is a great city though. Definitely worth a break and visit Halong bay when your there

I was in hanoi a few months ago, ran out of time so missed halong bay so I've some un finished business so to speak in Vietnam.

Looking at flights Beijing to hanoi return isn't cheap, unfortunately it looks like I'm gonna have to give it miss unless the flights come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It looks like Capello is to be appointed boss of PSG, so Ancelotti can take over in Madrid . Should see some movement on Higuain if its going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    It looks like Capello is to be appointed boss of PSG, so Ancelotti can take over in Madrid . Should see some movement on Higuain if its going to happen

The movement could be that he decides he wants to keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »

Are Madrid going to start asking the manager what he wants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that tweet was wrong...

August

17/08/2013 15:00 Aston Villa (h)
    24/08/2013 15:00 Fulham (a)
    31/08/2013 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur (h)
    September

14/09/2013 15:00 Sunderland (a)
    21/09/2013 15:00 Stoke City (h)
    28/09/2013 15:00 Swansea City (a)
    October

05/10/2013 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (a)
    19/10/2013 15:00 Norwich City (h)
    26/10/2013 15:00 Crystal Palace (a)
    November

02/11/2013 15:00 Liverpool (h)
    09/11/2013 15:00 Manchester United (a)
    23/11/2013 15:00 Southampton (h)
    30/11/2013 15:00 Cardiff City (a)
    December

03/12/2013 19:45 Hull City (h)
    07/12/2013 15:00 Everton (h)
    14/12/2013 15:00 Manchester City (a)
    21/12/2013 15:00 Chelsea (h)
    26/12/2013 15:00 West Ham United (a)
    28/12/2013 15:00 Newcastle United (a)
    January

01/01/2014 15:00 Cardiff City (h)
    11/01/2014 15:00 Aston Villa (a)
    18/01/2014 15:00 Fulham (h)
    28/01/2014 19:45 Southampton (a)
    February

01/02/2014 15:00 Crystal Palace (h)
    08/02/2014 15:00 Liverpool (a)
    11/02/2014 19:45 Manchester United (h)
    22/02/2014 15:00 Sunderland (h)
    March

01/03/2014 15:00 Stoke City (a)
    08/03/2014 15:00 Swansea City (h)
    15/03/2014 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur (a)
    22/03/2014 15:00 Chelsea (a)
    29/03/2014 15:00 Manchester City (h)
    April

05/04/2014 15:00 Everton (a)
    12/04/2014 15:00 West Ham United (h)
    19/04/2014 15:00 Hull City (a)
    26/04/2014 15:00 Newcastle United (h)
    May

03/05/2014 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (h)
    11/05/2014 15:00 Norwich City (a)

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-premier-league-fixtures-2013-14-1950468#ixzz2WeGN5wG0
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Seems OK. Two United-Liverpool double headers and March is very nasty.

Actually, that end of season run is pretty awful. Liverpool through to Everton there's no real break. Hopefully we finish as well as we did this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

Seems OK. Two United-Liverpool double headers and March is very nasty.

Actually, that end of season run is pretty awful. Liverpool through to Everton there's no real break. Hopefully we finish as well as we did this season.

Plus we will obviously have the later stages of the Champions League to contend with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Liverpool/United back to back twice? Thought these were randomised :pac:

We have a very nice opening run. Spurs aside West Brom should be the toughest. We could be in a great position going into that first Liverpool/United double header.

Edit: two City/Chelsea double headers too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Do we know the CL game dates? Would be interesting to see the schedule with them added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

AdamD wrote: »
    Do we know the CL game dates? Would be interesting to see the schedule with them added in.

Think we're away after 5 of the champions league game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

WBA at home followed by Norwich away for the title, I'll take that :P

• Advertisement

I always wondered why the FA does help out the teams in the Champions League by giving them slightly easier fixtures or even just a home game after midweek European runout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Eintracht Frankfurt in talks with Bendtner? How does he do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

lertsnim wrote: »
    Eintracht Frankfurt in talks with Bendtner? How does he do it?

To be fair we have had much worse players and he does have ability, he's international record is scarily good, its just that well he is an arrogant co*k and an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Somebody was tweeting about this yesterday and I found myself agreeing. If he were at a West Ham or Stoke I don't think people would see much difference between him and Andy Carroll. Yet the transfer fees are going to be hugely different.

its just that well he is an arrogant co*k and an idiot.

and delusional to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Let's not forget we first have to qualify for the group stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I always wondered why the FA does help out the teams in the Champions League by giving them slightly easier fixtures or even just a home game after midweek European runout

Because it would give them preferential treatment? I can't see the rest of the PL(mainly the teams outside top 4 like Spurs, Liverpool Everton) being happy with Arsenal getting easier or designated home draws after CL matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AdamD wrote: »
    Somebody was tweeting about this yesterday and I found myself agreeing. If he were at a West Ham or Stoke I don't think people would see much difference between him and Andy Carroll. Yet the transfer fees are going to be hugely different.

Your probably right if anything Bendtner is better than Carroll but he hasn't played much in a year plus doesn't have the added English player tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Your probably right if anything Bendtner is better than Carroll but he hasn't played much in a year plus doesn't have the added English player tax.

I would say it comes down to the fact he is English to a certain degree but he also has seems to have a great understanding with Kevin Nolan . Plus I think it could also be down to the fact he suits the style of play that Sam allardyce likes to implement and it needs a focal point because it's very direct .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

seems to have a great understanding with Kevin Nolan

Right, you elbow one centre back in the face, I'll bundle the other to the ground and then one if us could score from the loose ball.

Looking at those fixtures we should at least be aiming for something like 7-1-1 from the first 9 matches, otherwise we'll be scraping 4th at best again next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ye Arsenal fans may not rate him, but Id take Bendtner at Villa if we werent signing another Dane

"This is a guy who scored 24 goals in the league this season. He could handle it anywhere. He would fit perfectly at Arsenal.

I concur Lukas :D

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/480722/20130619/arsenal-podolski-lewandowski-dortmund-striker-future-transfer.html

Brief video of Sanogo. Looks big and strong with good feet. 2 beautifully taken overhead kicks in it. He'll keep Giroud on his toes certainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Exciting!

I remember being equally impressed with a youtube clip of Santos and Park lol

That was a great leap for that header though and as for that second over head kick.....WOW :)

I remember being equally impressed with a youtube clip of Santos and Park lol

That was a great leap for that header though and as for that second over head kick.....WOW :)

Yeah absolutely to be fair we are seeing a split second each time of what he is capable of from a 90 minute match and alot of the goals were at international youth level.

Yeah absolutely to be fair we are seeing a split second each time of what he is capable of from a 90 minute match and alot of the goals were at international youth level.

The big question we gotta ask ourselves is can he handle a cold and wet Wednesday night at the Britannia :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Just wondering would you guys go for Hernandez or would you want to get him if United were ever gonna sell him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement