Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Finish it now, no messing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Absolutely, he'll need to be well bedded in if he's going to score a hat-trick against the Spuds !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Would be a good signing for Arsenal (in my view anyway). I'm not an Arsenal fan but would like to see them improve next season and be in a position to be realistic title challengers.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Just wondering would you guys go for Hernandez or would you want to get him if United were ever gonna sell him?

Last year, if United offered Chicharito as part of the RVP deal then id have been glad to have him. He is a total menace and a poacher in the Ian Wright/Ole Gunnar Solksjaer mould.

At the moment though with Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Sanogo, and the likely potential of signing Higuain, i think we're alright in that area.

The longer it goes on the more and more im fretting it'll fall through and we'll be back to where we started. We need more than him too in order to make a statement

The big question we gotta ask ourselves is can he handle a cold and wet Wednesday night at the Britannia :pac:

I can tell you that the Britannia is the rock that many the tiki-taka and total football advocates perished on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

The longer it goes on the more and more im fretting it'll fall through and we'll be back to where we started. We need more than him too in order to make a statement

it won't be announced until july anyway most likely since the transfer window doesn't officially open until then

darego wrote: »
    it won't be announced until july anyway most likely since the transfer window doesn't officially open until then

Pod was announced on April 30th last year and Giroud on June 26th so hopefully Higgy will be announced the next week or so. You can sign players before the 1st but they cannot officially join until then as in train with the team etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Get it done and start negotiations for Fellaine as soon as possible.
    Make Tayto happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Britannia will be a push over this year, Mark Hughes is the manager now lest we forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Im excited. Think higuain would be a great signing for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

jonny666 wrote: »
    Im excited. Think higuain would will be a great signing for us!

FYP, come on think positive man :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some of the papers are saying we tried to hijack the Carrol deal yesterday, it's crazy how much much value for money Higuain would be if Carrol is what equates to a 15.5m/100,000pw transfer deal these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wenger would rather be assistant manager to Pulis at Stoke* than sign Carroll.

*Pulis no longer at Stoke but that's how unlikely that story is.

After the experiment with the "fox in the box" (Francis Jeffers) failed, AW was keen to try out the "lump of wood in the box" strategy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Carroll makes sense, higuan was just a smokescreen, Wenger will say we tried to sign him whilst revealing Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Carroll makes sense, higuan was just a smokescreen, Wenger will say we tried to sign him whilst revealing Carroll.

That was worse than my nightmare last night, and I got killed in that fcuker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I dont rate Higuain, not for 30million, not even at 20, 15 million at a stretch.
    Ive looked into the crystal ball , December 2013 AW is quoted as saying 'itz bean a deficult period four Gonzalooo, hez adapting to ze Premiere League'

looking further July 2014 AW. 'having rejected an offer to return to Spain we have placed Gonzaloo on loan with Wigan, and unforunately we will continue to pay his wages, but I am very excited by our new signing of the French under 12 winger '

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I dont rate Higuain, not for 30million, not even at 20, 15 million at a stretch.
    Ive looked into the crystal ball , December 2013 AW is quoted as saying 'itz bean a deficult period four Gonzalooo, hez adapting to ze Premiere League'

looking further July 2014 AW. 'having rejected an offer to return to Spain we have placed Gonzaloo on loan with Wigan, and unforunately we will continue to pay his wages, but I am very excited by our new signing of the French under 12 winger '

Oh you.....there you go making us all see the light with your "logic" again.

• Advertisement

I have never been more convinced that he is the right signing for us than after reading that cheers!

There's only one reason you don't rate him, and that's because Arsene does

Be honest now - are you just a Spurs fan on a wind-up?

Prove me wrong, say something positive about Arsenal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is Colonialboy a parody account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I might be mistaken, but are you the guy who tried to claim that Wenger wouldn't have bought any of the Invincibles and that he just inherited them, despite the fact that he actually bought 15 out of the 19 medal winning Invincibles?

Also, Wenger has perfect English so I don't know why you're mocking his speech, his English is better than many Englishmen for crying out loud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Heard is here first, Colonialboy is Stewart Robson.

Has HerePrecious posted here at all since ending up with all that egg on his face??

Who the fcuk do you want him to sign? Have you look at his record? Its brilliant. Andy Carroll is the type of striker 15million buys you. Not a 25 y/o who has a record of more then a goal every 2 games for club and country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jordainius wrote: »
    Has HerePrecious posted here at all since ending up with all that egg on his face??

Not even once, although maybe hereprecious and colonialboy are the same people? They both certainly sound just as ridiculous when they post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

At this stage in a life supporting Arsenal, does anyone here give a sh1t about value for money any more?

Sign anyone that improves the team please. That's the only parameter Arsensl need to worry about.

gosplan wrote: »
    At this stage in a life supporting Arsenal, does anyone here give a sh1t about value for money any more?

Sign anyone that improves the team please. That's the only parameter Arsensl need to worry about.

I for one don't give a damn about value for money, a club needs to be aggressive on the transfer market every few years, obviously not every year as that would be plain stupid. But the two years we were most aggressive in the transfer market under Wenger were 1997 and 2001, and both those summers were followed by us winning the double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Higuain will be a great signing...finally a big name player. Can't see how this is anything but positive!

Would be happy enough with Higuain. Not sure he's quite the level I would hope for our best signing this summer to be but it's a start.

I don't know how anyone could possibly question the signing of Higuain other than it being a brilliant signing for Arsenal should it happen.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, not many in world football right now can match it. Unless people are expecting us to sign Messi or Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't know if it's just years of negativity seeping into people but how anyone could think Higuain is not quite the level we should be looking at absolutely astounds me.

He's scored 122 goals in 266 appearances for Madrid, 20 in 32 for Argentina and he's currently the top scorer in the South American World Cup qualifying competition with 9 goals.

It will be the highest profile Arsenal signing in over 10 years.

I for one am delighted.

I see Fellaini is 8/11 on Paddy Power to follow suit. Hmmm. This could be an interesting season ahead indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Higuain is looking like a gooner more and more everyday. I cant believe it.

Would be happy enough with Higuain. Not sure he's quite the level I would hope for our best signing this summer to be but it's a start.

IMO the only step up from him would be messi or ronaldo. Him, rvp the guy with Dortmund and a few other are all around the same level. Some might be quicker or better finishers or whatever than others but they are all in the same bracket I think.

If we get him it will be our biggest transfer since bergkamp

I'm actually getting all giggly and excited now, this could be a huge turning point for Arsenal, pleeease don't disappoint us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hope we get Higuain. Really optimistic about this! :D

On another note I see there's a new Liverpool thread that was created a few days ago! The previous one lasted less than two months! What do they be talking about over there!!! :confused::eek:

I'm actually getting all giggly and excited now, this could be a huge turning point for Arsenal, pleeease don't disappoint us!

I'm still very cautious I won't believe it until I see it officially announced we've been down this road to many times before only to be let down ala Mata.

Sorry to be a killjoy :o, but I really really do hope it's true.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    It will be the highest profile Arsenal signing in over 10 years.

Not the highest profile transfer involving Arsenal though. :pac:

DenMan wrote: »

On another note I see there's a new Liverpool thread that was created a few days ago! The previous one lasted less than two months! What do they be talking about over there!!! :confused::eek:

Be fair to them they have alot to discuss, did you not get the memo - this is going to be their year! Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Be fair to them they have alot to discuss, did you not get the memo - this is going to be their year! Seriously.

Quality not quantity lads as is the arsenal way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not the highest profile transfer involving Arsenal though. :pac:

I remember the arrivals of Peter Marinello, Alan Ball, Malcolm McDonald and later still Patrick Vieira.
    Marinello came with a great fanfare but didn't quite live up to it. The others were great signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

DenMan wrote: »

Do you know the way if arsenal lose we have a page or two of wenger out? Well they have threads of Bren out when they have a bad result.

I remember the arrivals of Peter Marinello, Alan Ball, Malcolm McDonald and later still Patrick Vieira.
    Marinello came with a great fanfare but didn't quite live up to it. The others were great signings.

I meant transfers out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ive been away for a week and cone back to see us having higuain basically signed is a rather decent suprise. Is it mentioned on sky sports news?

Ive been away for a week and cone back to see us having higuain basically signed is a rather decent suprise. Is it mentioned on sky sports news?

It appears that fpersonal terms have been agreed between Higuain and Arsenal. Not sanctioned by Madrid yet....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/20/arsenal-gonzalo-higuain-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

really can't believe this is actually going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Higuain isn't a done deal, lets not get carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

They've stopped taking bets on Higuain to Arsenal, im gonna cream me jocks :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement