Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

AdamD wrote: »
    Higuain isn't a done deal, lets not get carried away.

but but but but but but...............................

Its Higuain!

I'll be shocked if it didn't happen at this stage.

Arsenal 11/1 on Paddy Power to win the league.

Good odds? It's hard to judge when you're a blinkered fan. I would have put us at 7/1 at the most. Probably will put a score on it before the transfer window opens.

Also going to stick a cheeky tenner on Man U finishing outside the top 4 at 7/1 :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why am I imagining Ancelotti coming in now and saying he's staying put. If that happens, I will cry :o

Why am I imagining Ancelotti coming in now and saying he's staying put. If that happens, I will cry :o

DUDE! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Not till he's in an Arsenal shirt and on Arsenal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Don't know if this has any bearing but tevez is close to joining Milan not juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

If we do sign higuin, it got me thinking, who was the last big name player we've signed?

I read bergkamp in a previous post, maybe Campbell or reyes?

pod, mert and cazorla would be all biggish names though not really galacatacoses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't know if this has any bearing but tevez is close to joining Milan not juve.

From what I've read Juve can't afford either Jovetic or Higuain and are trying to pay for both over the course of 1000 years and are throwing in a pack of jellies and some unwanted players, people also think it may work with Fiorentina but Madrid will have no use for Juve rejects.

Lets just buy Higuain and part fund Madrid's purchase of Bale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Higuain will happen. I have willed it so. And he will bang them in.

Guardian reporting a deal in principle is done. Gonzo the gooner. Lovely.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    If we do sign higuin, it got me thinking, who was the last big name player we've signed?

I read bergkamp in a previous post, maybe Campbell or reyes?

pod, mert and cazorla would be all biggish names though not really galacatacoses.

That sounds like some sort of disease :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I remember the arrivals of Peter Marinello, Alan Ball, Malcolm McDonald and later still Patrick Vieira.
    Marinello came with a great fanfare but didn't quite live up to it. The others were great signings.

Now you are bringing back some memories, Jimmy Hill on MoTD and John Motson.:o

McDonald was a big signing then considering he was a god at Newcastle

Awe the two auld men of the Arsenal thread sittin down talking about the good old days :)

"During the war................"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Awe the two auld men of the Arsenal thread sittin down talking about the good old days :)

And still Arsenal true and true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Not till he's in an Arsenal shirt and on Arsenal.com

Also, don't believe it if he 'signs' for United and it's on manutd.com ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm still playing 5 a-side in my 60th year and putting a few of the young whipper snappers to the sword.
    You're as young as you feel or as young as the woman you feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

AdamD wrote: »
    Lets just buy Higuain and part fund Madrid's purchase of Bale :pac:

The icing on the cake!

Back page of the daily fail reckons we're after Higuain AND Rooney! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNO57u2CEAAx35g.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Back page of the daily fail reckons we're after Higuain AND Rooney! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNO57u2CEAAx35g.jpg

No-one over the age of 15 is stupid enough to believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd say we were in for both, but its a case of one or the other. We were in for both in case one fell through.

• Advertisement

Have we won the league yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yes 3 times since it changed format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Have we won the league yet?

No, we needed a win in the last game against Norwich. Kos hit sent of and Grant Holt scored a hat trick.

Thiago Alcantara is some signing for United. Could be the new Veron... hopefully

Usmanov would wanna keep his nose outta team affairs.

Every time he says we should buy this player or that player he me makes a worried and sad panda

newman10 wrote: »
    And still Arsenal true and true
    I'm still playing 5 a-side in my 60th year and putting a few of the young whipper snappers to the sword.
    You're as young as you feel or as young as the woman you feel.

Fair play lads

• Advertisement

Maybe he knows we have zero chance of getting Rooney and trying to turn the heat up on Higgy.... NOT

Every time he says we should buy this player or that player he me makes a worried and sad panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Fair play lads

Here's a photo of the two lads after the Tottenham defeat

Dads-Army-Frazier-doomed.png

^^^^^ Your man cracks me up with his ghost stories :D

Reminiscent of the Mourinho-Abramovich-Shevchenko ordeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I've just seen a tweet quoting Juve's sporting director when asked about Higuain. He's supposed to have said that he's already elsewhere... sounds promising...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

greendom wrote: »
    I've just seen a tweet quoting Juve's sporting director when asked about Higuain. He's supposed to have said that he's already elsewhere... sounds promising...

Sounds very promising, when was that posted? I've seen reports out of Italy this morning claiming that no deal has been done.

That comment from the Juve director came from La Stampa. The Evening Standard are now claiming that Fellaini will be next http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-eyes-another-arsenal-club-record-with-23m-fellaini-8668438.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's not Juve I'm worried about, we can outmuscle them financially. Its the likes of City/Chelsea/PSG/Monaco swooping in I'm worried about.

Talk Sport now saying that Perez has sanctioned the deal for £22 million!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Higuain's last 5 league campaigns:

22 in 34
    27 in 32
    10 in 17
    22 in 35
    16 in 28

Total of 97 in 146. Considering many would have been substitution appearances etc. that is incredible. Would be great if this deal came throguh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jordainius wrote: »
    It's not Juve I'm worried about, we can outmuscle them financially. Its the likes of City/Chelsea/PSG/Monaco swooping in I'm worried about.

I wouldn't worry about them at this stage, those clubs are very loud and public when it comes to signing players. If any of them were interested I think it's safe to assume we would know about it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Talksport saying Perez has sanctioned the sale of Higuain and we'll wrap up the deal shortly.

EDIT: Just seeing the post above mine.

and now on to Fellaini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Higuain + Fellaini + Rooney + Williams would be a fantastic summer. Even given my reservations over Rooney. 3 out of 4 of them and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement

Higuain + Fellaini + Rooney + Williams would be a fantastic summer. Even given my reservations over Rooney. 3 out of 4 of them and I'll be happy.

thats the dream tbh, 2 I can see happening and two I cant.

Still all very good players :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd be happy with Fellaini and Higuain or Rooney. Dont really care about Williams if Veramelen is staying. Another CB would be nice but it shouldnt be the priority. If Higuain is done all our efforts should be on Fellaini then we can look at other positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Higuian and Fellaini and another CB would be a great summer provided we dont sell anyone. Im not too keen on Williams tbh.

Twittersphere this morning was talking about some 17 year old Croatian centre-back who we were after for €7 million.

At 17 you would say one for the future but for that money you would expect him to be in at least the fringes of the 1st team.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Fellaini and Higuain or Rooney. Dont really care about Williams if Veramelen is staying. Another CB would be nice but it shouldnt be the priority. If Higuain is done all our efforts should be on Fellaini then we can look at other positions.

Rooney isn't good enough to be the main forward, hence the reason why van Persie plays for United. We need to replace van Persie, not downgrade.

I'd be happy to see Rooney as our second striker, he was brilliant this season supporting van Persie, but his wages are too high. If any of yous think he's going to go from 250,00 per week to 125,000, then stick to playing FIFA because yous are too naive for managing.

I'd be happy to see Rooney as our second striker, he was brilliant this season supporting van Persie, but his wages are too high. If any of yous think he's going to go from 250,00 per week to 125,000, then stick to playing FIFA because yous are too naive for managing.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Rooney isn't good enough to be the main forward, hence the reason why van Persie plays for United. We need to replace van Persie, not downgrade.

If we are playing 1 in behind is rather it was santi or jack than Rooney.

you pay them the difference with a signing on fee

stick to football manager as your too naive for real world management :pac:

greendom wrote: »
    Twittersphere this morning was talking about some 17 year old Croatian centre-back who we were after for €7 million.

At 17 you would say one for the future but for that money you would expect him to be in at least the fringes of the 1st team.

that's in the papers too, Tin Jedvaj you call him

• Advertisement

Higuain, Giroud, Podolski, Sanogo, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ox, Rosicky, Gervinho, Ramsey could techincally / have all played in at least one of the front three positions.

That is assuming the other deadwood gets flogged / loaned out!

We are not signing Rooney!

Although news just in....

@GeoffArsenal
    Right. Don't shoot the messenger.

I asked if Higuain is done as reported by Sky.
    I was told. "It's close". "Rooney next".

Blimey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement