Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

IF we signed both Hig and Rooney this thread would go into meltdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

IF we signed both Hig and Rooney this thread would go into meltdown

I can absolutely guarantee people would still moan about it, even if we signed Fellani as well.

And don't even mention what would happen if we lose two matches in a row during next season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Just seen this on Twitter summing up potential (but highly unlikely) Arsenal line-up for 2013-14:
    "Higuain, Fellaini and Rooney. The Hig, The Wig and the The Pig."

farna_boy wrote: »
    I can absolutely guarantee people would still moan about it, even if we signed Fellani as well.

Thats just tayto lover and newman10, the old timers love a good moan now and again.

As for me I'd probably ride a tranny for the sh*ts and giggles if we signed the 3 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We couldnt possibly sign all three..... could we?

Bizarre thought considering our spending over the last ten or so years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Nah. If we do sign three it would be more like Higuain, Jovetic and Fellani. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I think its realistic, I believe we have the means and the intent, however I have a feeling the Fellaini and Rooney deals won't be as straight forward as the Higuain deal. I've a feeling Fellaini's first choice is to continue with Moyes at United, so if United show interest in him there'll only be one winner there. And signing Rooney will be dependent on his willingness to take a pay cut of anywhere up to 100k a week and how much United ask for him. For all this talk of Rooney we have yet to hear of an asking price whereas we've been hearing 22/23m for Higuain and Fellaini for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you pay them the difference with a signing on fee

stick to football manager as your too naive for real world management :pac:

Yeah cos Arsenal are going to pay 30m+ transfer fee, 30+signing on fee and 100k+ wages to take player deemed not good enough by the team we want to beat next year.

Stick to wishful thinking as you're too naive for the real world:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

yupya1 wrote: »
    Yeah cos Arsenal are going to pay 30m+ transfer fee, 30+signing on fee and 100k+ wages to take player deemed not good enough by the team we want to beat next year.

Were you getting that from? Rooney has been and is one of United's best players for years now, he certainly hasn't been deemed not good enough problem is he's rocked the boat to much and wants out of United and his attitude is questionable.

But get him playing at his best and he'd get into any team.

I'm still skeptical but if we were to sign all three it would be just plain nuts words can't describe :), I'd be thrilled with one of Rooney or Higuain and Felliani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Rooney is not worth 30 million plus, your suggestion of a 30 million plus signing on fee is absolutely ridiculous and unprecedented, and Arsenal are already paying 100k plus wages to a few players and are offering 130k to Higuain.

If you're going to be condescending to people you consider to be naiive, you may need to learn a thing or two about reality yourself first....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Jesus Christ only in this forum could people be arguing over players we haven't even signed.

Like a previous poster, I will be extremely happy if we get one of the three but until I see it on Arsenal.com I will not believe any of it. If we did get the three of them (which I don't expect we will) then WOW - JUST WOW! It would remind me of how I felt all those years ago when we signed The Iceman.

On another note, if we don't sign Ceasar, would you take Reina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Roaster wrote: »
    Jesus Christ only in this forum could people be arguing over players we haven't even signed.

Like a previous poster, I will be extremely happy if we get one of the three but until I see it on Arsenal.com I will not believe any of it. If we did get the three of them (which I don't expect we will) then WOW - JUST WOW! It would remind me of how I felt all those years ago when we signed The Iceman.

On another note, if we don't sign Ceasar, would you take Reina?

I'd much rather take Begovic

jordainius wrote: »
    Rooney is not worth 30 million plus, your suggestion of a 30 million plus signing on fee is absolutely ridiculous and unprecedented, and Arsenal are already paying 100k plus wages to a few players and are offering 130k to Higuain.

If you're going to be condescending to people you consider to be naiive, you may need to learn a thing or two about reality yourself first....

You are right Rooney is not worth €30+ but that's what he will go for and has been touted for so far.
    And yes again a €30+ signing on fee is ridiculous (thats my point) but thats the figure which would make up the reduction in Rooney's fee, if paid as a signing on fee as suggested by the poster.
    And I know we are prepared to go over the 100k per week but not as part of a total €90 deal over 4 years. IMO

I was being condescending alright but to a condescending post, so if YOU are going to be condescending try and understand what the post was responding too in the first place...

I'd uch rather stick with our lot in the goalkeeping department and spend the money elsewhere.

You are right Rooney is not worth €30+ but that's what he will go for and has been touted for so far.
    And yes again a €30+ signing on fee is ridiculous (thats my point) but thats the figure which would make up the reduction in Rooney's fee, if paid as a signing on fee as suggested by the poster.
    And I know we are prepared to go over the 100k per week but not as part of a total €90 deal over 4 years. IMO

I was being condescending alright but to a condescending post, so if YOU are going to be condescending try and understand what the post was responding too in the first place...

The fee been touted earlier in the summer was 20 million not 30+ ;).

The fee been touted earlier in the summer was 20 million not 30+ ;).

Hmm not sure about:) that but really I was just saying I dont think we would get or even go for Rooney as his wages are just to high. think he is on the wane anyway.

Also feck Reina he has been poor since 2010 and only getting worse and fatter! Still think Szczesny is good enough anyway. Would love to see us going after Micha Richards tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I didn't say they were going to pay it did i?

I explained how it works

just because they're going to be on less wages per week doesn't mean they're going going to be losing out any overall

arsenal have given signing bonuses for years to players, like Henry, when they signed new contracts, to compensate for the lack of weekly wage they'd be getting

and if YOU are going to be condescending you should have seen the post i replied to was being condescending to everyone else here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

For anyone interested Sanogo is playing for the France U20 on Eurosport at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

City not getting cavani, hmmm.

• Advertisement

dvemail wrote: »
    For anyone interested Sanogo is playing for the France U20 on Eurosport at the moment.

Cheers :)

There's no way in hell were even in for him or considering him, the fact Napoli are looking for 55 to 60 million means very few clubs can afford him apart from the Spanish duo or one the oil rich clubs couldn't even see United spunking that kinda money on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ah Jack we nearly have enough now with Higuain, Rooney, Jovetic, Giroud, Walcott and Pod - don't be feckin greedy ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I am sure he is a good player but certainly not impressive so far in the Confederations cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

There's no way in hell were even in for him or considering him, the fact Napoli are looking for 55 to 60 million means very few clubs can afford him apart from the Spanish duo or one the oil rich clubs couldn't even see United spunking that kinda money on him.

Pretty sure what he meant was would they now try and hijack our move for Higuain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Why would we sign Higuain and then Rooney?

The system we play means Rooney would be locked into the CF position - he couldn't play anywhere else without benching someone better. And if he played there he'd be benching Giroud and shifting Higuain oop.

Higuain I believe. Rooney smacks of English tabloid makey uppy nonsense.

Soooo not an Arsenal signing. Don't believe it for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

gosplan wrote: »
    Why would we sign Higuain and then Rooney?

The system we play means Rooney would be locked into the CF position - he couldn't play anywhere else without benching someone better. And if he played there he'd be benching Giroud and shifting Higuain oop.

Higuain I believe. Rooney smacks of English tabloid makey uppy nonsense.

Soooo not an Arsenal signing. Don't believe it for a minute.

Indeed, Rooney will stay at United IMO, no matter what the tabloids say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If we signed all three
    How would we line up

Fellani/ jack
    Rooney
    Walcott. Higuain. Cazorla

Na I don't think we're even intrested in Rooney. It done add up he wants to play CF supposedly

I didn't say they were going to pay it did i?

I explained how it works

just because they're going to be on less wages per week doesn't mean they're going going to be losing out any overall

arsenal have given signing bonuses for years to players, like Henry, when they signed new contracts, to compensate for the lack of weekly wage they'd be getting

Somebody made a point that Rooneys wages were too high meaning we couldnt afford him (correctly IMO)
    you implied we could cover Rooneys wage difference with a signing on fee which would have to be of ridiculous proportions that has never been done before so thats not how it works
    But yes signing bonus do exist for every club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Just out of Interest..... One word. Higuain or Rooney.

For me.

Higuain

• Advertisement

Sanogo just scored also. Looks handy.

Higuain

Sanogo just scored also. Looks handy.

Nice header,but the simplest of headers really, he still hasn't been officially announced has he?

Nice header,but the simplest of headers really, he still hasn't been officially announced has he?

Was a different lad that scored the header. He's the one that scored through the keepers legs.
    Not sure if official, but seems to be as good as. Already gave an interview stating how Monsieur Wenger has convinced him to join Arsenal.

Was a different lad that scored the header. He's the one that scored through the keepers legs.
    Not sure if official, but seems to be as good as. Already gave an interview stating how Monsieur Wenger has convinced him to join Arsenal.

Yeh just copped that, stupid night shifts have me a bit blonde this morning/today. But yeh nice cool and calm finish for the second one.

Yeh word seems to be were keeping the announcement of his signing under wraps till we have a big one to unveil with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Is there any chance at all the Higuain could be high jacked by City if they dont get their man or are we all pretty confident this deal is done?

• Advertisement

Somebody made a point that Rooneys wages were too high meaning we couldnt afford him (correctly IMO)
    you implied we could cover Rooneys wage difference with a signing on fee which would have to be of ridiculous proportions that has never been done before so thats not how it works
    But yes signing bonus do exist for every club

the poster said something like 'if any of you think rooney is going to go from 250k to 130k, stick to playing fifa'

i said the difference in wages is made up for with a signing on fee

I didn't say they were going to do it or imply it - you took that from the post yourself

you think Rooney is going to be the first player who signs for a club on less wages with a signing on fee to compensate him?

They usually agree on a fee for the difference, that's how it works

IF they wanted to pay him the difference they could - simple

Ah Jack we nearly have enough now with Higuain, Rooney, Jovetic, Giroud, Walcott and Pod - don't be feckin greedy ;);)

I actually meant will city come swooping!

Can't think of another striker available at the moment that city can go for instead of higuan apart from Rooney, someone help me put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Can't think of another striker available at the moment that city can go for instead of higuan apart from Rooney, someone help me put my mind at ease.

Jovetic or lewandoski?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Arsenal insecurities coming out here. We'll get him, we just need to put on a comfy pair of slippers and crack out our favourite pipe and wait- no need to worry

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Jovetic or lewandoski?

Hmmm yes.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Jovetic or lewandoski?

Hulk has been rumored to move aswell.

Higuain

the poster said something like 'if any of you think rooney is going to go from 250k to 130k, stick to playing fifa'

i said the difference in wages is made up for with a signing on fee

I didn't say they were going to do it or imply it - you took that from the post yourself

you think Rooney is going to be the first player who signs for a club on less wages with a signing on fee to compensate him?

They usually agree on a fee for the difference, that's how it works

IF they wanted to pay him the difference they could - simple

Ah give it up will ya, the conversation was about Rooney to Arsenal.
    Arsenal are probably not going to pay anybody over 150kpw, Rooney is on c250kpw, the signing on fee to compensate would be that would be over 25m for 5 years, it will not happen and to say it could happen to disprove somebody else's point is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Higuain

Higuain

Genie in the bottle stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ah give it up will ya, the conversation was about Rooney to Arsenal.
    Arsenal are probably not going to pay anybody over 150kpw, Rooney is on c250kpw, the signing on fee to compensate would be that would be over 25m for 5 years, it will not happen and to say it could happen to disprove somebody else's point is wrong

Get a room you 2.

Either that or pistols at dawn.

The ending of the first Harry Potter is utter cack btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Thats just tayto lover and newman10, the old timers love a good moan now and again./QUOTE]

Dont moan but I do remember the years in the wilderness ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

His goal

abhxk2.jpg

newman10 wrote: »
    Thats just tayto lover and newman10, the old timers love a good moan now and again./QUOTE]

Dont moan but I do remember the years in the wilderness ;)

And I bet you cant remember what you had for breakfast this morning. Amazing how the minds works :pac:

I'll let it go now,

What was your first game you went to do you mine me asking?

Twas funny today, I signed for a package from a courier for my neighbour who was out and I dropped it into him this evening. I was wearing my Arsenal colours and he says to me surprised "Didnt know you were a gooner".

We talked more in the following half an hour than we did in 12 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement