Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Hulk has been rumored to move aswell.

Not impressed with Hulk so we will pass on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looks like ****s going down in the Liverpool thread. Not gonna bother replying to a poster who thinks their defence is better than ours though.
    DenMan wrote: »
    Hope we get Higuain. Really optimistic about this! :D

On another note I see there's a new Liverpool thread that was created a few days ago! The previous one lasted less than two months! What do they be talking about over there!!! :confused::eek:
    They'd argue about anything in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

AdamD wrote: »
    Looks like ****s going down in the Liverpool thread. Not gonna bother replying to a poster who thinks their defence is better than ours though.

They'd argue about anything in there.

Ah I was going to bother replying to them but it really isnt worth it. Some serious delusion and rose tinted glasses in there. Apparently, we dont have any defenders worth ****, our goalkeeping situation is a joke (after them spending over 10 million on Mignolet). Spurs are the 4th strongest team in the league according to another poster, despite us finishing 4th.

As has been mentioned in here before, its ok getting a bit of stick from Man Utd, City and Chelsea fans, but to be getting stick from Liverpool fans after the way they have been run the last few seasons and the amount of money that has been wasted by them, is all a bit rich :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

jordainius wrote: »

Oh I see. One of their players is being tapped up. NOW it's a problem! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So I know Schwarzer is 40 but hasn't he been released?
    Would Arsenal not be tempted to pick him up, even as a back up keeper, or is there a plan to have someone new in between the sticks come the new season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Panthro wrote: »
    So I know Schwarzer is 40 but hasn't he been released?
    Would Arsenal not be tempted to pick him up, even as a back up keeper, or is there a plan to have someone new in between the sticks come the new season?

Served him coffee the other day in Melbourne, should have asked him what the craic was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

newman10 wrote: »

And I bet you cant remember what you had for breakfast this morning. Amazing how the minds works :pac:

I'll let it go now,

What was your first game you went to do you mine me asking?

Twas funny today, I signed for a package from a courier for my neighbour who was out and I dropped it into him this evening. I was wearing my Arsenal colours and he says to me surprised "Didnt know you were a gooner".

We talked more in the following half an hour than we did in 12 months.

That's nice, people are afraid to talk to their neighbours nowadays not like years ago.
    In my first full year watching Arsenal the game I remember most was at Highbury and against Benfica. I saw the great Eusabio play that night. We won 2 - 1

I am Arsenal through and through. I used to write my comments on our games on the inside of the programmes. Unfortunately i gave them away years ago.

I can see the glory days returning soon because we are now in a good financial state with the new stadium bought and paid for. I really do have a great time for Wenger except for the fact that he is always reluctant to pay that wee bit extra for the proven player. In my anger I often wished him gone but pulled my horns in after thinking about it for a few hours.

I predict we will win the EPL in the next 3 years and retain it too.
    We are putting together a winning squad.

Breakfast today was scrambled egg, rashers, toast and tea. This was followed by a game of golf at 2 p.m. and then i took part in the Friday night 5 a-side football game followed by a few nice pints. Just home after a busy and enjoyable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Havent you heard? Next year is Liverpool's year. Thats why their thread is so busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

L'prof wrote: »
    Served him coffee the other day in Melbourne, should have asked him what the craic was!

Ha! You should have told him the till was down and he would have to pay by card. Then say he had to sign a piece of paper for the transaction, little does he realize he has just unknowingly signed a 1 year deal with the Gunners.

Boom!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Ha! You should have told him the till was down and he would have to pay by card. Then say he had to sign a piece of paper for the transaction, little does he realize he has just unknowingly signed a 1 year deal with the Gunners.

Boom!:pac:

I would have settled for a picture with him, Cahill & Neill to be honest, but I would have gotten in trouble unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't get their beef in the Liverpool thread.

Yeah, we've been the worst of the top 4 recently but why have a pop at us over it?

Are they like the insecure bully in the playground or something.

Anyway whatever, they're going to sell their best player and be up there with us no problem really and all fairly obvious ...

... Assuming of course they can replace Suarez

... Oh and that they can overtake Everton

... Oh and Spurs too

... Oh and that we'll essentially stand still this season and not improve at all

Yeah, good luck with that Liverpool.

So basically 'this is our year' has been replaced by 'this is our year for the top 4'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

gosplan wrote: »
    Don't get their beef in the Liverpool thread.

Yeah, we've been the worst of the top 4 recently but why have a pop at us over it?

Are they like the insecure bully in the playground or something.

Anyway whatever, they're going to sell their best player and be up there with us no problem really and all fairly obvious ...

... Assuming of course they can replace Suarez

... Oh and that they can overtake Everton

... Oh and Spurs too

... Oh and that we'll essentially stand still this season and not improve at all

Yeah, good luck with that Liverpool.

So basically 'this is our year' has been replaced by 'this is our year for the top 4'

I found it very strange indeed I wouldn't even consider us rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Arteta and Fellaini holidaying together in Marbella lets hope Arteta is having many a quiet word in his ear.

Supposedly when asked if he was coming to Arsenal he said "I hope so" which was tweeted by someone who posted pics of themselves with Arteta and Fellaini, we can hope :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

JustaGooner @JustaGooner 4m Apparently Real want to do a Higuain + money deal with Napoli for Cavani. Bad news if true

Here we go.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully nonsense.

JustaGooner @JustaGooner 4m Apparently Real want to do a Higuain + money deal with Napoli for Cavani. Bad news if true

Here we go.

Meh. Wouldn't be too worried at all. Why would you sell a player with Higuain's record and buy Cavsini?

If he wants to go to Arsenal he'll go there.

If he would go to Napoli, the Juve thing would have played out a bit more.

There'd also be a huge difference between what we and Napoli would pay him.

Also, Real have made a lot of noises about Bale for months now. No doubt that's where the cash would go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gosplan wrote:
    Also, Real have made a lot of noises about Bale for months now. No doubt that's where the cash would go.

I wouldn't mind paying a bit over the odds for Higuain if it means they use it buy Bale. Does that make me a bad person :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think this signing could be good for Giroud too, he had a great first season but no real competition for his place really. With Higuain, Giroud and Sanogo as third choice (no idea how he'll work out but doesn't look like a bad option as back up) we'll be well stocked up front and if an injury crisis should befall there's Theo and Pod to fall back on too. It's been years since i felt this positive about a forthcoming season (provided these transfers actually do come through of course).

• Advertisement

God lads saturdays are very boring without the football.
    Even a bad performance is better than no performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's not the same I know but Brazil Italy is pretty entertaining

greendom wrote: »
    It's not the same I know but Brazil Italy is pretty entertaining

If only one of them was playing in red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sky Sports reporting it now aswell and also say Arsenal are quietly confident on Fellaini.

AdamD wrote: »
    Sky Sports reporting it now aswell and also say Arsenal are quietly confident on Fellaini.

This will be me if we land both of them (You get the jist after a few seconds best not to let the video run for the hour :))

Tony Adams on Sky Sports News saying Arsenal should be buying proven players instead of maybes. We have the money. Hard to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Radio Cadena: Higuain Arsenal medical tomorrow.

the start of big things for the arsenal.

Tony Adams on Sky Sports News saying Arsenal should be buying proven players instead of maybes. We have the money. Hard to disagree.

Except he was suggesting that Higuain isn't good enough as he doesn't play every week for RM

Except he was suggesting that Higuain isn't good enough as he doesn't play every week for RM

Only heard the tail-end of it.
    Did he also say he wanted to be a director?

• Advertisement

darego wrote: »

Start of s new era for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We really cannot aim any higher than Higuain and Fellaini...anyone above that calibre would cost our whole transfer fund and enough wages to pay 5 regular players. If we do make these signings i'm afraid it's as high as we can aim in modern football without an investor.

Only heard the tail-end of it.
    Did he also say he wanted to be a director?

He was saying that he saw a PHW article in the Times saying that the board needed to have a younger feel to it. Tony feels he has a lot to offer Arsenal and understands the culture of the club and wrote a letter offering his services. He didn't hear anything back

We really cannot aim any higher than Higuain and Fellaini...anyone above that calibre would cost our whole transfer fund and enough wages to pay 5 regular players. If we do make these signings i'm afraid it's as high as we can aim in modern football without an investor.

I think he was saying that proven players are always better than young lads who are a gamble. Only saw the end of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Adams talks a lot of ****, he is very bitter about Arsenal and there lack of interest of him on the coaching side, he'd be an awful appointment to the board whining to the paper that he would be a better chairman.

By Tony Adams logic, a striker who scored 108 goals in 187 games for Real Madrid isnt good enough to play for Arsenal and yet a failed Portsmouth manager is good enough to be chairman :rolleyes:

Adams was a super player and captain for Arsenal and his work with the Sporting Chance clinic is commendable but its an awful pity he is so full of his own self importance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

^^^ Agree completely, great player but I cannot stand him as a personality. He comes across as so pompous in everything I have seen him on since he retired.

stuchyg wrote: »
    ^^^ Agree completely, great player but I cannot stand him as a personality. He comes across as so pompous in everything I have seen him on since he retired.

His first post match interview after his first game in charge of Portsmouth, "I told the lads do this and i told the lads do that, blah blah blah"

A true warrior on the field but a bit of a narcissist it would seem. Shagging Caprice must have went to his head :D

EDIT: Chips might'nt be young and dynamic but he has vast years of elite business experience. Tony Adams has none. Fair enough Adams suggesting it should have went to a younger man but why does he think he is such a visionary and what has he actually done in football or business to prove he is so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

darego wrote: »

Are they reputable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Felaini's stats for Everton last season.

GAMES PLAYED:36
    GOALS: 12
    ASSISTS: 8

That's just what we want! :D

Him and Higuain would be awesome - a real 'signal of intent' from the club.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Felaini's stats for Everton last season.

GAMES PLAYED:36
    GOALS: 12
    ASSISTS: 8

That's just what we want! :D

Him and Higuain would be awesome - a real 'signal of intent' from the club.

Afaik though Fell wants a less attacking role.

I can't guarantee it but I think I remember hearing that he wanted to play out and out DMF rather than be employed as a sledgehammer in AMF.

No doubt he'd continue to be a beast at set pieces though.

gosplan wrote: »
    Afaik though Fell wants a less attacking role.

I can't guarantee it but I think I remember hearing that he wanted to play out and out DMF rather than be employed as a sledgehammer in AMF.

No doubt he'd continue to be a beast at set pieces though.

I wouldn't mind that at all. We need a dedicated DM.

Anybody else disappointed that the Rooney rumours are dying down. Who would have thought it, 2 great players strongly linked with us and I'm disappointed that another isn't anymore. Most exciting transfer window for us that I can remember, hopefully we start hearing some more concrete news this week.

I wouldn't mind that at all. We need a dedicated DM.

Could be possible that Wenger would play him there with the option of pushing Arteta further up the field.

Anybody else disappointed that the Rooney rumours are dying down. Who would have thought it, 2 great players strongly linked with us and I'm disappointed that another isn't anymore. Most exciting transfer window for us that I can remember, hopefully we start hearing some more concrete news this week.

We dont need Rooney. If we get Higgy we'll have himself, Giroud, Sanogo and Walcott who can play up front in any sort of combo. Plenty of goals amongst that lot.
    Other than Fellaini a top class Centre back should be our next priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Personally I'm not because I haven't believed those rumours a single bit from the off. I can't see us getting anywhere near Rooney's wages - 200k+? he's on I think - even with a signing on fee or anything, and don't see us paying the £25-30m needed for him (I see the rumours for Higuain and Fellaini as being more believable, both rumoured at ~£22m)

Just think it seems a bit too unrealistic. If he was to sign for us I would be genuinely shocked.

We dont need Rooney. If we get Higgy we'll have himself, Giroud, Sanogo and Walcott who can play up front in any sort of combo. Plenty of goals amongst that lot.
    Other than Fellaini a top class Centre back should be our next priority.

Wouldn't mind a left-sided midfielder with a good cross either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

As long as rumours turn into transfers
    I will be happy

Apparently Higuain's father has said that they have agreed personal terms with Juve too. I'ts down to each club to agree terms with Real Madrid. Still think we are in pole position but it's not done yet, it would appear.

Apparently Higuain's father has said that they have agreed personal terms with Juve too. I'ts down to each club to agree terms with Real Madrid. Still think we are in pole position but it's not done yet, it would appear.

Here we go....we'll probably miss out over peanuts. I hope we at least have a contingency lined up if it falls through

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement