Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

We know Wenger likes to factor in wages in the overall cost of purchasing a player, so imagine if we got Wayne Rooney for £30m, and imagine he took a pay decrease to 200k a week and signed a 3 year deal, that would be an extra £31.2m on top of the transfer fee, Wengers whole budget almost?
    No chance.

Why is the other bidder always more powerful than us?
    Time to take the brakes off Arsene & Co., stop pissing about and get the job done.

It has been a case of both factors but think it was more a case of unwillingness to pay inflated wages opposed to huge fees over the years.
    This time i think though we can stretch that bit further. The ball is pretty much in Real's court now id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How much would Arsenal want for Djourou do you think lads?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We know Wenger likes to factor in wages in the overall cost of purchasing a player, so imagine if we got Wayne Rooney for £30m, and imagine he took a pay decrease to 200k a week and signed a 3 year deal, that would be an extra £31.2m on top of the transfer fee, Wengers whole budget almost?
    No chance.
    Rooney would be given a four or five year deal; the overall cost for him would be probably be something in the region of £17/18m a year. We could afford it but someone like Higuain would represent better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Oat23 wrote: »
    How much would Arsenal want for Djourou do you think lads?

Not really sure tbh. About 4m maybe? Don't know how long has got left on his contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Dang...... Thought we signed someone with all the activity. Carry on........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Someone wanna photoshop Higuain in an Arsenal jersey for me?

9901_511917572206926_1001649626_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Looking at that I really don't want Rooney. :(

Off topic but i cant believe there is so much of a height difference between Koc and Mert. Bear in mind Koc is 6 foot 1 inch. Mert must be 6'5/6'6

gun__1372078770_koscielny_mertesacker2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Quazzie wrote: »
    Looking at that I really don't want Rooney. :(

You really don't want a proven premier league goal scorer? :confused:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You really don't want a proven premier league goal scorer? :confused:
    Firstly I think he is ridiculously over rated.

Secondly I dob't think I could get ever get over my hatred of him. He's been the go to hate figure of our biggest rivals for so long he kind of personifies why I hate them. I'm not sure I could just change that so easily. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

He's been the go to hate figure of our biggest rivals for so long he kind of personifies why I hate them.

Rooney played for Spurs?

I am pie wrote: »
    Rooney played for Spurs?
    We've been challenging for titles (might seem like a bit away now) and United are our biggest rivals in recent years. Spurs recent "success" has put them back on our radar recently but mostly it's been United we've been chasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jeremy Wilson of the Telegraph has tweeted that a deal has been agreed in principle with both Higuain and Real but that they are stalling on signing off on it until the new manager is in place.

Firstly I think he is ridiculously over rated.

Secondly I dob't think I could get ever get over my hatred of him. He's been the go to hate figure of our biggest rivals for so long he kind of personifies why I hate them. I'm not sure I could just change that so easily. :o

He has nearly a goal every two games for United. Not far off the same for England. He has scored 34 twice in the last four years. His worst season still produced 16 goals.

Simply put, he puts the ball in the net on a regular basis which is what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jeremy Wilson of the Telegraph has tweeted that a deal has been agreed in principle with both Higuain and Real but that they are stalling on signing off on it until the new manager is in place.

Marvellous.

Spanish media reporting that Ancelotti will be presented tomorrow. Please don't **** this up for us Carlo :o

As has been said, it seems odd that Madrid of all clubs would want to wait for the manager on this one, but it's certainly possible I suppose.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not really sure tbh. About 4m maybe? Don't know how long has got left on his contract.

Ach, that' a bit much imo, but HSV will probably pay it if Djourou wants to join. We offered a similar sum for Dragovic of Basel and it was rejected, so the money is there.

He'll have to take a paycut though, his wages at Arsenal is similar to what vdV earns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone know how reliable this guy is?

Please ancellotti don't cock block this...

Might be bad for an incoming manager to stop a wantaway player moving like that. Could lead to unrest in the squad from the word go.

United were our biggest rivals a few years back, then it became Liverpool for a while. Only recently have Tottenham climbed up (and us slipped down) to be in direct competition with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Galvasean wrote: »
    Might be bad for an incoming manager to stop a wantaway player moving like that. Could lead to unrest in the squad from the word go.

With our luck he will probably convince him to stay.
    I don't like the way this is going at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't like Rooney.

I don't like his big ears, his hair plugs, his ugly wag with her perfume, his fat head.

I do not want to see him play for us.

Thankfully, it's the biggest heap of sh1t story ever.

AdamD wrote: »

He's quite good imo for arsenal stuff. We'll soon see if adding other journalists run with that story.

AdamD wrote: »

From what i've seen knowledgable Arsenal fans on Twitter say about him, he is reliable and respected. And he's a Gooner.

Seems Cavani to Chelsea is on so all that's left to hijack is city, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Rumour on Arseweb that Higuain is undergoing a medical in London tonight

http://www.arsenalnews.net/story/2667936/breaking-higuain-in-london-for-medical-at-ars

Apparently spotted at Heathrow Airport earlier

BNhH7snCMAADFBC.jpg:large

Looks like it says Argentina 2000 on the queue rope thing? That appears to be an argentinian airline. Would they be advertising an argentinian airline in heathrow? Also I would have though he was still in spain anyway...

Bah, what do I know sure.

Looks like it says Argentina 2000 on the queue rope thing? That appears to be an argentinian airline. Would they be advertising an argentinian airline in heathrow? Also I would have though he was still in spain anyway...

Bah, what do I know sure.

TBF thats a good question which i only realised it could be the case after posting the picture.

EDIT: Just googled it there now and its actually the Argentinian aviation authority logo so perhaps its him heading to London from Buenos Aires....Im clutching at straws here :D

www.aa2000.com.ar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That's why I added the number for missing HG players. They have to either filled with a HG player, or left empty. I can't see any of those leaving this season, Diaby maybe left out if needed since he won't even be considered until February and that's assuming no set backs. The rest I think will be in, leaving us tight on numbers.

The reason I brought this up is because its hardly ever mentioned but people expect loads of signings. We only have a couple of free spots before we can't play some players anymore.

well there's 4 places for non-HG players left in the squad you listed, 4 signings of the like of Higuain or Fellaini would be a significant summer for arsenal & with another 2 places for HG players it's not really tight at all i think

the players i mentioned:
    vermaelen & gervinho only have 2 years left on their contracts, coquelin has 2 years to go as well i think
    and fabanski & mannone both still won't be with arsenal next season, they'll be looking to play regularly something both have said not long ago

they mightn't all leave this season but some will i think, can you see any of them being offered new contracts or having a future at arsenal?

Vermaelen is probably the only one with a chance, i see no real reason for not letting the others go this summer if replacements can be got

batistuta9 wrote: »
    well there's 4 places for non-HG players left in the squad you listed, 4 signings of the like of Higuain or Fellaini would be a significant summer for arsenal & with another 2 places for HG players it's not really tight at all i think

the players i mentioned:
    vermaelen & gervinho only have 2 years left on their contracts, coquelin has 2 years to go as well i think
    and fabanski & mannone both still won't be with arsenal next season, they'll be looking to play regularly something both have said not long ago

they mightn't all leave this season but some will i think, can you see any of them being offered new contracts or having a future at arsenal?

Vermaelen is probably the only one with a chance, i see no real reason for not letting the others go this summer if replacements can be got

I can see four out of five staying. One of the Goalkeepers leaving, whoever is third choice.

• Advertisement

I can see four out of five staying. One of the Goalkeepers leaving, whoever is third choice.

for the coming season or long term?

Pic is 5 years old.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    for the coming season or long term?

This summer and next.

I think Mannone will be the one to leave.

Gervinho is still quite useful, just frustrating so cant see him being dumped and cant see anyone making a big enough offer for him to force Wenger into selling. Likewise with Veramelen. Good, potentially great, but nobody will make a big enough offer to force Wenger's hand. Fabianski was very good when called upon and with a bit more game time will probably be happy enough to stick around for another while. He is still a bit away from his peak so is in no rush. Coquelin is the most likely to be ditched afterwards but I think he'll hang around for another couple of years.

So another day of refreshing sites to see if we have signed higuan, the life of an arsenal fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just home from work about to sleep for the day im hoping to wake up and see ten pages here to read full of Higuain has signed sure fcuk it hopefully it's a triple signing of Fellaini, Rooney and Higuain.

Ill most likely wake up and just read more rumours though.

• Advertisement

Just home from work about to sleep for the day im hoping to wake up and see ten pages here to read full of Higuain has signed sure fcuk it hopefully it's a triple signing of Fellaini, Rooney and Higuain.

Ill most likely wake up and just read more rumours though.

10 pages? That's 400 posts! That only happens when we lose :pac:

Perez has confirmed it'll be Ancelotti anyway, and might be announced Wednesday. Would it be too much to ask to have it all sorted by Friday?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffutbol.as.com%2Ffutbol%2F2013%2F06%2F24%2Fprimera%2F1372099400_697321.html

This summer and next.

I think Mannone will be the one to leave.

Gervinho is still quite useful, just frustrating so cant see him being dumped and cant see anyone making a big enough offer for him to force Wenger into selling. Likewise with Veramelen. Good, potentially great, but nobody will make a big enough offer to force Wenger's hand. Fabianski was very good when called upon and with a bit more game time will probably be happy enough to stick around for another while. He is still a bit away from his peak so is in no rush. Coquelin is the most likely to be ditched afterwards but I think he'll hang around for another couple of years.

This summer and next? What ever about this year, they'll not be kept around to leave for free the summer after

Gervinho could even be let out on loan

And im not sure it'd take that big an offer for any of them to leave

I think 3 of them will be gone this summer, at least not named in any 25 man squad

Want to have a bet on it? :D

I'd be surprised if Gervinho didn't have any Ligue 1 suitors. Hope we flog him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Any reason we are not in for Paulinhio? Surely we'd be more attractive that spurs

We're interested in someone else I'd say.

Ancelloti has been officially confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Still don't think we'd announce him until July were it to happen so I won't be eagerly F5ing anything until then.

Some good quotes from Kosc here:
    http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/koscielny-addicted-to-premier-league-intensity/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Any reason we are not in for Paulinhio? Surely we'd be more attractive that spurs

I'd say it's because we have Fellaini on the radar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement