Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

City Liverpool have signed 3 players, actually Liverpool 4 players, Chelsea signed a forward yesterday, everyone has been aware of this higuan transfer for weeks but still nothing.

Yes we need to follow Liverpool's lead :D

Seriously though its just previous windows of dissapointment that have ye all on edge, relax my fellow Gooners, the times they are a changin, I can feel it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Yes we need to follow Liverpool's lead :D

Seriously though its just previous windows of dissapointment that have ye all on edge, relax my fellow Gooners, the times they are a changin, I can feel it!

Right so, you better be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

City Liverpool have signed 3 players, actually Liverpool 4 players, Chelsea signed a forward yesterday, everyone has been aware of this higuan transfer for weeks but still nothing.

The process for signing average players is a lot quicker

Ancellotti has just said in his press conference he will see who will stay and go in the coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Thought this was kinda funny. Article bigging up Carrick's role in the United team by using various stats ... and Arteta is ahead in every one.

BNrWaSMCcAAiG4m.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/smoliver96/status/349827668117712896/photo/1

This is kind of my point on Fellaini.

That's what Arteta does and people figure a guy with a pass completion generally in the 70's is an obvious swap?

We'd be asking a whole different thing of Fellaini than he's used to. Not saying he wouldn't be capable but it's not that definitive at all.

Thought this was kinda funny. Article bigging up Carrick's role in the United team by using various stats ... and Arteta is ahead in every one.

How do you read these stats?

It has ramsey at most touches per 90 mins but he isn't in top 3 overall, how does that make sense?

Or is it most touches in one game all season?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How do you read these stats?

It has ramsey at most touches per 90 mins but he isn't in top 3 overall, how does that make sense?

Or is it most touches in one game all season?

The touches per 90 minutes is probably an average. I don't think he played as much games as Arteta, Cazorla or Carrick? If that's the case (not 100% sure) then it makes sense.

Ancellotti-

Falcao?? "It's a fantastic player. When you have other formidable players like Cristiano, Benzema and Higuain .

Ancelotti: I can't say now who will leave and who will stay. In the coming days I will decide.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ancellotti-

Falcao?? "It's a fantastic player. When you have other formidable players like Cristiano, Benzema and Higuain .

Ancelotti: I can't say now who will leave and who will stay. In the coming days I will decide.

Ah here we go, I had a bad feeling about this whole waiting for Ancelotti to be appointed stuff from the start. :(

Ramsey is only so high on touches per minute because of the extra 2 touches he always takes before changing direction. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/26/higuains-brother-he-is-close-to-arsenal/

"Gonzalo is close to Arsenal." Word of Nicolas Higuan , brother of the attacker , exclusively released to Tuttomercatoweb.com . "If Tevez is with Juve does that mean Higuain is close to Arsenal? I think so. Juventus is an excellent club, but Gonzalo is too expensive for their coffers. Napoli? A strong team, for the Argentines it is much like Naple. Having said that, I can not deny that Gonzalo is now close to Arsenal. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »

Didn't realise it was actually open, but I still won't be getting my knickers in a twist before July. I'd say it's more a case of waiting to officially finalise deals than nothing happening...I hope!
    wiki wrote:
    The summer transfer window began once clubs had concluded their final domestic fixture of the 2012–13 season, but many transfers will only officially go through on 1 July because the majority of player contracts finish on 30 June.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not only that, but all the players who beat Carrick at anything were Arsenal players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

More rubbish here i'd suspect --

Sky Bet

"David Villa’s price to join Arsenal has been sliced from 8/1 to 4/1 today after a few hefty punts on the move. Fiorentina (11/8) remain favourites ahead of Spurs, who are priced at 6/4 to sign the Spain international this summer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Times is reporting that Real Madrid are offering coaentro and Higuain + cash for Bale. This doesn't worry me at all. Can they afford his wages? Does Higuain want to play football on a Thursday night?

Put us out of our misery, who's left? Jovetic?

greendom wrote: »
    The Times is reporting that Real Madrid are offering coaentro and Higuain + cash for Bale. This doesn't worry me at all. Can they afford his wages? Does Higuain want to play football on a Thursday night?

Players + Cash deal rumours very rarely happen but they always get rumoured. I can't even think of one off the top of my head (apart from Gallas when we sold Cole).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Players + Cash deal rumours very rarely happen but they always get rumoured. I can't even think of one off the top of my head (apart from Gallas when we sold Cole).

That's very true.

Chelsea really bent us over in that deal.

What is going on with Wanyama? Not long ago he was linked with us, United and a few others and now Southampton are leading the chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What is going on with Wanyama? Not long ago he was linked with us, United and a few others and now Southampton are leading the chase.

Saw him about 5 times and was impressed but you would have to allow for the opposition. We could have taken a chance on him and he would be cheap too. Would be a good squad player i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

That's very true.

Chelsea really bent us over in that deal.

To be fair at the time we seemed to have made a good deal. Got rid of a guy who didn't want to be with us anymore and for
    whom it seemed we had a ready made replacement in Gael Clichy. In return we got some money and an experienced, talented centre half which is exactly what we needed. Just too bad he turned out to be insane.

Saw him about 5 times and was impressed but you would have to allow for the opposition. We could have taken a chance on him and he would be cheap too. Would be a good squad player i'd say.

Yeah I thought he looked the real deal against Barca. I still think he'd be worh a punt, particularly if the Fellaini rumours never come to fruition. He's only 22 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Anyone see all the tweets about Theo nutting Lennon. Hardly true is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

stuchyg wrote: »

did you see the photo? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

batistuta9 wrote: »
    did you see the photo? :pac::pac::pac:

There's a photo? Throw it up. Just checked twitter but all I can find is bit and pieces.

• Advertisement

stuchyg wrote: »

On his honeymoon? Would be very out of character for him surely, a lot of activity in twitter about it though!

BNsD7xcCcAAFYAg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks like it could be turning into a typical summer for us lots and lots of rumours with little activity.

All over the place now that we have put the Higuain transfer on hold as were preparing a package to try persuade Rooney to join.

Stop acting the bollocks and sign some quality players. I doubt the rumour is true we always seem to be linked but never sign and the longer these sagas drag on the less convinced I become well sign them.

Come on Arsenal do the business we need :), trying to stay positive :o.

Although Daily Star are claiming were in for both and Wenger sees them playing as the front two.

There's a photo? Throw it up. Just checked twitter but all I can find is bit and pieces.

RT @footyhumour: Exclusive picture of Theo Walcott's fight with Aaron Lennon in Vegas!
    BNuE8H6CQAIyoz0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Looks like it could be turning into a typical summer for us lots and lots of rumours with little activity.

All over the place now that we have put the Higuain transfer on hold as were preparing a package to try persuade Rooney to join.

Stop acting the bollocks and sign some quality players. I doubt the rumour is true we always seem to be linked but never sign and the longer these sagas drag on the less convinced I become well sign them.

Come on Arsenal do the business we need :), trying to stay positive :o.

Better idea: Stop reading twitter and gossip columns and only read this thread once a day around 10.30pm when no one else is posting and the optimism is already gone for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

sure the hig deal was being held up by joke madrid, now they have their **** together he'll be hear in a few days.

Dont worry the signings will come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

farna_boy wrote: »
    Better idea: Stop reading twitter and gossip columns and only read this thread once a day around 10.30pm when no one else is posting and the optimism is already gone for the day.
    Thats exactly it. I read here in the evening and morning. Only other place I visit is the Arsenal section of Reddit.

99.8% of twitter is bullshit and not worth reading.

Unbelievable Penalty by former player Boa Morte :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Unbelievable Penalty by former player Boa Morte :D

Nice one. Keeper will never live that one down. :P

I hate to be that guy....a hell I'm going to be that guy anyway. Shouldn't have stood. You aren't allowed to stop in your run up to the ball, and he stopped completely to fake the kick. Ref was probably too stunned to disallow it though. :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Nice one. Keeper will never live that one down. :P

I hate to be that guy....a hell I'm going to be that guy anyway. Shouldn't have stood. You aren't allowed to stop in your run up to the ball, and he stopped completely to fake the kick. Ref was probably too stunned to disallow it though. :p

Didnt Ronaldo pretty much always stop in his run up?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didnt Ronaldo pretty much always stop in his run up?

Don't think he ever completely stopped though. Slowed down to almost stopping.

Another thing I just noticed, once he stops, he doesnt start again. His right foot doesnt move until after the ball is kicked. It's 100% legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Just on this, arsenals style compared to uniteds should be considered. Really rate Arteta btw and hope ye take rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I love how distraught people are getting already about the lack of a signing. Dealing with a team like Madrid is no doubt a bit complicated. I'm sure we'll make the signings wenger wants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

At least this summer it seems Arsenal will not be dealing with another will he / won't he leave scenario with any of their big players. A real chance to improve this summer and not just stand still especially if its the quality of the likes of Higuain or Fellaini who are added to the current panel replacing the deadweight like Arshavin & Denilson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

At least this summer it seems Arsenal will not be dealing with another will he / won't he leave scenario with any of their big players. A real chance to improve this summer and not just stand still especially if its the quality of the likes of Higuain or Fellaini who are added to the current panel replacing the deadweight like Arshavin & Denilson

It is better alright to have a will he/wont he regarding top players coming in rather than going out.
    I check the sports pages with hope instead of dread which is something at least. :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

At least this summer it seems Arsenal will not be dealing with another will he / won't he leave scenario with any of their big players.
    I don't know, Bendtner is pretty large and I'm very apprehensive over his future at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't know, Bendtner is pretty large and I'm very apprehensive over his future at the club.

I think Madrids pursuit of him as part the the Bendtner v Higuain + all Madrids cash deal could go on a while

Right this is the day he signs come on arsenal do it.

(Bad feeling about the deal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Looks like we are losing the almighty Bendtner :(

Arshavin is returning to Zenith

Rumors that the Higuain deal is on hold while other options are explored. Doubt that to be true, who else would there be to hold up the deal unless its Madrid themselves that are looking at other options.

jester77 wrote: »
    Looks like we are losing the almighty Bendtner :(

Arshavin is returning to Zenith

Rumors that the Higuain deal is on hold while other options are explored. Doubt that to be true, who else would there be to hold up the deal unless its Madrid themselves that are looking at other options.

Hope its not another Mata.

jester77 wrote: »

rooney, that was the story y'day or the other day

there's also been a story that arsenal want both, rooney playing behind higuain

Can we ban Twitter as a source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Hope its not another Mata.

I'd be more worried that it's not another Baptista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I love when a rumour contradicts a previous rumour so now we're back where we started. Neat, isn't it?

Seriously though people, Rooney playing behind Higuain? Stop wasting your time.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I love when a rumour contradicts a previous rumour so now we're back where we started. Neat, isn't it?

Seriously though people, Rooney playing behind Higuain? Stop wasting your time.

explain to us why this wouldn't work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement