Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Madrid change players for the sake of it. Having said that, there's a reason they're willing to part with Higuain and not Benzema.

Benzema is a bigger name. That means more to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »
    Source???

Seems arseblog shares my skepticism as regards what we read in the papers.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/04/exclusive-arsenal-miss-out-on-player-name/

(this isn't towards you jack, just ref the Rooney story being given cred the other day cause the daily mail printed it or something)

it's in one of the papers - the people i think - seen it on the gossip column on BBC teletext, it's available on their website too

arseblog is like that, pay no attention, it's a very level headed approach, which is good i suppose they don't get carried away but i find the constant rebuffing of stories a bit tiresome too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

FOX SPORTS News @FOXSportsNews 1h Reports #Arsenal have made a $33.2million offer for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney #MUFC #EPL #football Retweeted by FOX SPORTS Football

Probably bull, but don't know why fox would make it up, sure everyone just watches basketball and American football over there.

I would still prefer higuan.

They probably got it second hand.

It appears here in the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-wayne-rooney-2010734

The only problem is that..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-fernando-torres-2011565

So I still don't believe a word of it. I have two or three sources that have some integrity. When I see something from them or quotes from someone connected to it all, I'll listen up (and be happily proven wrong).

What you get with these rags is that they're forced to reprint whatever story is printed elsewhere cause they're all in the same race for clicks.

So you've the mirror with no source or quote reporting as fact we've bid for Rooney. But they also report as fact that Chelsea are going to bid (so Chelsea now share their future transf plans with journos). Then they also report that we're in for Torres, Rooney and Higuain.

It all stinks, all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

So I still don't believe a word of it. I have two or three sources that have some integrity. When I see something from them or quotes from someone connected to it all, I'll listen up (and be happily proven wrong).

who are these sources, if you don't mind sharing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Forget about Rooney lads, will we pay 250,000 a week in wages? Not a hope.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah forget about Rooney, it's torres we're in for now. It's in The People and The Mirror so it must be true :D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    who are these sources, if you don't mind sharing

BBC, Guardian (though you have to check how they attribute it) and anyone that uses direct quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Source???

Seems arseblog shares my skepticism as regards what we read in the papers.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/04/exclusive-arsenal-miss-out-on-player-name/

(this isn't towards you jack, just ref the Rooney story being given cred the other day cause the daily mail printed it or something)
    That's brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

At least they have pride

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Madrid change players for the sake of it. Having said that, there's a reason they're willing to part with Higuain and not Benzema.
    They paid more for Benzema...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty sure Mourinho didn't care about that.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah forget about Rooney, it's torres we're in for now. It's in The People and The Mirror so it must be true :D
    The Mirror poll has 38% of people wanting to sign Torres over Rooney, da fuq? :eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Mirror poll has 38% of people wanting to sign Torres over Rooney, da fuq? :eek:

Chelsea fans I'll wager.

Hmmm, worried that the Madrid board plus Jose and now Ancellotti all see Higuain as dispensable.

Though over the last few years they've sold Robben and RVDV easily enough.

If they want to see such a prolific goalscorer as dispensable then fine that'll do nicely :D Any more world class players they want to get rid off then no problem.

If they want to see such a prolific goalscorer as dispensable then fine that'll do nicely :D Any more world class players they want to get rid off then no problem.
    Di Maria! He should have been an Arsenal player years ago.

• Advertisement

Di Maria! He should have been an Arsenal player years ago.

That's correct back in 2007 after the u20 world cup....Bloody Benfica beat us to his signing. We'd have inevitably probably sold him for a few bob though which is effectively what we did with Nasri who played in a similar position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wouldn't be to worried at all about Madrid willing to let him go, remember this is the club who willingly sold Robben and Sneijder they didn't do to bad afterwards ;).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jesus its fair draggin' on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Read that Higuain will get £130,000 a week.

Would that make him highest paid at the club? What's the wage structure like?

Read that Higuain will get £130,000 a week.

Would that make him highest paid at the club? What's the wage structure like?

Yeh if true it would make him the highest paid, I have read Podolski is the highest paid on about 100 to 110k . The wage structure at Arsenal will be changings so if true I'd have no problem with it. If this transfer every gets confirmed.

Read today everything's agreed between player and club just Real and Arsenal have to agree a fee, story changes everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeh if true it would make him the highest paid, I have read Podolski is the highest paid on about 100 to 110k . The wage structure at Arsenal will be changings so if true I'd have no problem with it. If this transfer every gets confirmed.

Read today everything's agreed between player and club just Real and Arsenal have to agree a fee, story changes everyday.

It's about time the club changed, they need to find a middle ground and not pay too much wages but still be competitive with other clubs. This Higuain deal is a step forward for the club.

Higuain is exactly what Arsenal need and the signing is probably a year late. Only need another midfielder now and I wouldn't be able to find a weakness in that team.

What will happen to Walcott now? Surely he'll have to face it that he's a winger and just focus on that from here out.

It's about time the club changed, they need to find a middle ground and not pay too much wages but still be competitive with other clubs. This Higuain deal is a step forward for the club.

Higuain is exactly what Arsenal need and the signing is probably a year late. Only need another midfielder now and I wouldn't be able to find a weakness in that team.

What will happen to Walcott now? Surely he'll have to face it that he's a winger and just focus on that from here out.

It is about time the club changed policy on transfers and wages, which is why I think so many people are hoping for at least one marquee signing this window as a sign of the club moving forward and competing again. I also think Higuain would be perfect for Arsenal add in Felaini or as you said a midfielder and I think our starting 11 and bench is starting to look very strong.

Yeh if true and we do sign Higuain Wlacott's chances up front will be very limited but once he can chip in with assists and goals like he did last season I think himself and Wenger will be satisfied enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Supposedly confirmed yeve got Julio Caesar, you looking forward to the magic

astonaidan wrote: »
    Supposedly confirmed yeve got Julio Caesar, you looking forward to the magic

Source?

Source?

Must be twitter because there's nothing on any of the news sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Solid keeper, clean shaven, tight hair cut whats not to like???

Must be twitter because there's nothing on any of the news sites.

Yeh the only thing i can find is that some ESPN commentator during tonights match said it was a done deal.

So basically more of them same, hopefully with the window opening tomorrow we see some activity.

On a brighter note let's all celebrate Squillaci is now officially no longer an Arsenal player :), there's a nice few quid saved every week.

On a brighter note let's all celebrate Squillaci is now officially no longer an Arsenal player :), there's a nice few quid saved every week.

Santos still is though and hopefully Arbeloa wont replace Squillachi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hope we do sign Cesar after watching them tonight , We need winners like him in the squad, and yes I know alot of you on here prefer Woj , but we do need players with expeiriance of winning things also to push on the rest and I think Cesar would be a fantastic signing for us

• Advertisement

Here's an update on a few players. I'm not saying it's gospel or anything but if you look at the journo's recent articles, it seems that he avoids a lot of the nonsense stories.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/30/arsenal-julio-cesar-qpr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Holy ****, Cesar is only 33?! For some reason I thought he was closer to 40!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Today is the day. I can feel it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jonny666 wrote: »
    Today is the day. I can feel it :pac:

That's what I thought about last Friday!

With the confederation cup over, hopefully we'll see some action soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We're also set to head on our preseason tour in about 10 days. So there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We're also set to head on our preseason tour in about 10 days. So there's that.

It's a huge difference getting the players in ahead of the tour to settle them in before the season starts, you lose to many points to settling if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Daily star reporting we could miss out on Rooney and higuan, I know I know its the daily star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Apparently we've had a 23m bid for Lars Bender rejected by Bayern Leverkusen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 44m

Bayer Leverkusen have turned down a €23m offer from #arsenal for German international Lars Bender, says Express newspaper. #afc

If that's true then it sounds like they're not bothering with Fellaini.

I like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If that's true then it sounds like they're not bothering with Fellaini.

Doubt we were ever interested in him.

Don't think we will get bender, they have no reason to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I tell you, as a United fan, I would be raging to see someone of Bender's ability go to Arsenal.

Fair play to Wenger, he is really going for it this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I don't think Leverkeusen have any intention of selling him

• Advertisement

Tends to be the way when looking to sign quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I can't remember seeing Bender play too often. What his position/playing style? Box to box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I can't remember seeing Bender play too often. What his position/playing style? Box to box?

Little bit more of a defensive midfielder, but can certainly contribute to the attack. Him and Podolski scored twice each in Germany's recent 4-2 win over Ecuador, so he's capable of scoring too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wenger is really getting fond of the Germans!!

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1h
    Express is a v. well informed paper. They say Leverkusen's no is categorical, not a question of valuation/negotiation. Tend to believe them
    Boourns.

Still, doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to get him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement