Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

jonny666 wrote: »
    Wenger is really getting fond of the Germans!!

He mentioned it in an interview a couple months ago about the power shifting from France and Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

TheGunns wrote: »
    He mentioned it in an interview a couple months ago about the power shifting from France and Spain

Thats kinda what I was hinting at but couldnt remember exactly what he had said.

Reckon this time next year we could have a few world cup winners in our team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Boourns.

Still, doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to get him.

Nice to be the rich buying club for a change.

Maybe he'll play crap now with them for the season and then come to us next year.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Interesting interview with Wilshere, he even talks about the Higuain and Rooney rumours. http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/kickingandscreaming/id/494?cc=5739

Thought people would be particularly interested in this question:

'One of the many strengths of that team was the exquisite midfield balance that Arsene Wenger orchestrated even if it meant leaving out Robert Pires or Freddie Ljungberg. Do you see that as an issue with you and Santi Cazorla? '

'Remember, last season was Santi's first in the Premier League and he adapted brilliantly. He was probably our best player last year, but he and I are still learning each other's games. I think we work best when I'm sitting deeper and he's playing ahead of me like Cesc did during our first season together. But Cesc is a different type of player from Santi. Cesc would pick up the ball deep while Santi likes to play in tight spaces. But Santi and I are developing a good rapport and I think it'll get even better this season.'

I'd be inclined to agree with him and think hes definitely been better at CM than CAM, his shooting needs a lot of work before I'd shove Cazorla out wide to accomodate Wilshere higher up, hes a very very good CM IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think it will be very hard to get Bender they have already sold two of there best players this transfer window and like any club will not wan't to loose another or be stuck for cash following the other two sales.

Wenger has said it already about Germany hence us having Gnabry and Eisfeld in our youth ranks and Mert and Pod in the first team. A Germaan mentallity in the team is never a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I'm getting a bit windy about Higuain, it has to be said.

But then, I was never good in a crisis.

If we have another Mata II situation, I may not be able to handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Things are getting bad when the Aston villa forum is busier than here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This forum is at its busiest when we lose or sell someone big. I'm happy for it to be so quiet if it means neither of those are happening :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Villa have made some quality signings though, would've liked Okore and Tonev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If Bender is gonna be the same price as Falaini I'd be inclined to go for the former.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This forum is at its busiest when we lose or sell someone big. I'm happy for it to be so quiet if it means neither of those are happening :pac:

Yeh but I think we would all be much happier were it frantic from the announcement of signings ;).

It's all way to quiet in here, hope it picks up soon could do with signings whoever they may be in place before the team heads off to Asia.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Has anyone mentioned Bendtner going to Eintracht Frankfurt for £4.5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't know if there's anything in this or how reliable this newspaper is but there must be something stalling the Higuain transfer --
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/323633/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-fear-for-Rooney-and-Higuain/

We seem to get it very hard to complete deals and it is so frustrating. We must be a very miserly club.
    Show them the money Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

If we hear nothing after this week, then il be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

twitter and the internet in general have ruined transfers for me. Too much speculation leads to people getting stressed that things are 'taking too long'. Without the spurious crap on twitter we wouldn't have a clue what was going on bar a few lines here or there.

Bring back the days when all you'd hear about transfers would be in the back of Shoot magazine! :D still sore that George Weah and Bixente Lizarazu never signed though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have signed Yaya Sanogo -- Arsenal website.

About time. Now go for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

We have signed Yaya Sanogo -- Arsenal website.

About time. Now go for the others.

and so it begins. roll on higuain and some more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Bring back the days when all you'd hear about transfers would be in the back of Shoot magazine! :D still sore that George Weah and Bixente Lizarazu never signed though. :(

I'll never forget that feeling of extreme excitement and joy and more importantly shock and surprise I felt as a ten year old when Bergkamp signed, or that day four years later when Suker and Henry were unveiled on the same day (I was actually more excited by Suker- how wrong I was:D). There's no element of surprise to transfers anymore.

We probably came close to/just missed out on signing players all the time up to 5 or 6 years ago, only difference now is we hear every little thing that happens. Didn't it only come out recently that we were very close to signing Kluivert in 2001 or 2002? There's no way in hell something like that would be kept quiet for 11/12 years nowadays, it would have been all over twitter

jordainius wrote: »
    I'll never forget that feeling of extreme excitement and joy and more importantly shock and surprise I felt as a ten year old when Bergkamp signed, or that day four years later when Suker and Henry were unveiled on the same day (I was actually more excited by Suker- how wrong I was:D). There's no element of surprise to transfers anymore.

We probably came close to/just missed out on signing players all the time up to 5 or 6 years ago, only difference now is we hear every little thing that happens. Didn't it only come out recently that we were very close to signing Kluivert in 2001 or 2002? There's no way in hell something like that would be kept quiet for 11/12 years nowadays, it would have been all over twitter

Not really it can still happen some transfer float under the radar other like Podolski are speculated for months before hand.

Miralem Pjanic only recently admitted he nearly signed for Arsenal on deadline day before opting for Roma it was his withdrawl that brought Arsenal back in for Arteta.

But no one had a clue until the player himself admitted it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Not really it can still happen some transfer float under the radar other like Podolski are speculated for months before hand.

Miralem Pjanic only recently admitted he nearly signed for Arsenal on deadline day before opting for Roma it was his withdrawl that brought Arsenal back in for Arteta.

But no one had a clue until the player himself admitted it.

Point taken! But it seems to be much more difficult to keep things under wraps nowadays, there's probably people like that @AFCamden (I think that's who it was) guy at every club who love leaking every little tidbit of information they can in order to feel important and gather a huge following, he had/has some sort of a link to the club in my opinion and he would have done well to just keep his mouth shut, I can't imagine leaking information in the public domain is helpful. I believe people like him compromise the clubs dealings (a debatable point I admit) and there are probably people like him at every club. There are a few surprises still nowadays, some of our panic purchases in reaction to the 8-2 defeat and a fast approaching deadline day were out of the blue, but overall its not the same as it was before the explosion of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just ignore Twitter and its a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

deadline day is probably the one day when twitter and the internet media are playing catch up. mainly due to the frantic nature of ticking clock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Had to laugh at this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

?!?!?!?!?!?!

OfficialJimmy©™⚡ ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 3m
    Just been confirmed by the sky representative at Carrington (MUFC training ground)

OfficialJimmy©™⚡ ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 4m
    Arsenal have contacted Man utd today and asked the availability of Wayne Rooney and was told he is not for sale via Sky Sports News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking forward to hearing "Wake me up Yaya Sanogo" being belted out next season!

• Advertisement

The latest from Twitter is that Wilshere started following Higuain in the last hour. Some people are reading a lot into this...

The latest from Twitter is that Wilshere started following Higuain in the last hour. Some people are reading a lot into this...

Haha jack is prob sitting at home laughing his ass off

Haha jack is prob sitting at home laughing his ass off

Such a troll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Didn't know Jack was a father.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking forward to hearing "Wake me up Yaya Sanogo" being belted out next season!

Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo, lets hope you're better than the t*at from Togo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Another Guardian link just about the rejected bif for Bender but also maintaining that Cesar and Higuain are getting closer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/01/arsenal-lars-bender-bayer-leverkusen?CMP=twt_gu

I'm gonna call Friday for the first major signing!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keano_afc wrote: »
    Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo, lets hope you're better than the t*at from Togo.

You'd want to patent that it could catch on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Geez if we get any closer to Higuain we're going to need a condom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Great that we have all our signings done so early. The boys can concentrate on the pre-season now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Selling Manonne and buying Caesar for more or less the same money is a great bit of business (if it happens, obviously)

greendom wrote: »
    Selling Manonne and buying Caesar for more or less the same money is a great bit of business (if it happens, obviously)

So is getting Yaya on a free!

Jerry Flannery is taking up a work placement at the club as a strength and conditioning coach.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's mad, Ted.

BOD must have had his cousin put in a good word :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Cool, Flannery is that kind of super lift-a-cow strong. Expect Ramsey to bulldoze the opposition next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Cool, Flannery is that kind of super lift-a-cow strong. Expect Ramsey to bulldoze the opposition next season.

If nothing else, expect out throw-ins to be a lot straighter.

• Advertisement

That's mad, Ted.

BOD must have had his cousin put in a good word :pac:

I don't get this...who's his cousin?! :confused:

Djourou and Bendter are gone for what looks like 7m total. Even more transfer funds and wages to play with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AdamD wrote: »
    Djourou and Bendter are gone for what looks like 7m total. Even More transfer funds and wages to play with..

Would have sold them on frees tbh, so thats a win win win scenario

More space in the squad list
    less money on wages
    7m better off

Now come on Higuain + some others hopefully a CDM, get the finger out!

Djourou and Bendter are gone for what looks like 7m total. Even more transfer funds and wages to play with..

Is djourou not just gone on loan??

Tell me we sold bendy boots for 7 million.

Not tht would be a good piece of business!!

Is djourou not just gone on loan??

Tell me we sold bendy boots for 7 million.

Not tht would be a good piece of business!!

Read yesterday that Djourou was 2.5m and Bendtner was 4.5m, maybe Djourou's was a buy on clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

does anyone know why Arsenal Mania is down since yesterday?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ulinbac wrote: »
    does anyone know why Arsenal Mania is down since yesterday?

We're all worn out from getting too carried away too soon. I think I'm going to go have a lie down :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Read yesterday that Djourou was 2.5m and Bendtner was 4.5m, maybe Djourou's was a buy on clause.

I think we got 800k for Djourou's loan spell - I think the 2.5 is what we will sell him for in a year if Hamburg want to make the deal permenant.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I think we got 800k for Djourou's loan spell - I think the 2.5 is what we will sell him for in a year if Hamburg want to make the deal permenant.

What ever the fee thats two 50k+ earners gone from the wage bill.

As a matter of interest. I wonder what Yaya Sanogo is getting paid. Hopefully they have stopped with the mental wages for young fellas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement