Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gandalf wrote: »
    Not sure what we can do to get rid of Bendtner? Its getting to the stage where we need a row boat, cloth sack, some rope and a heavy boulder ;)

Shame Tony Soprano isn't still around ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What kind of wages are we talking about with Bendtner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

50k per week plus.

he's overpaid, he overrates himself, his attitude stinks.
    Shame because I do think that he has some talent. If he was a worker and had some self awareness he could have made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    50k per week plus.

he's overpaid, he overrates himself, his attitude stinks.
    Shame because I do think that he has some talent. If he was a worker and had some self awareness he could have made it.

Never forgave him for messing up that golden opportunity to finish barca off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

He has a lot of talent to be fair but at those wages I can't see anyone willing to take the gamble on him. I'd imagine all these clubs that have agreed a fee with Arsenal have baulked at the wage demands and that's why he is still with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

He has some ability but would he have gotten regular game time in any of the league winning teams of the last 10 years, I think not so I wouldn't give the guy a second thought. We need to be moving past the squad players that "just about do" and back to the days when we could spring players of the quality of Wiltord and Kanu from the bench.

Nothing original in that post I know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bendy boots was nowhere near good enough for Arsenal. There fact he lasted so long at Arsenal shows what muck we've had to put up with for so long.

Good riddence you horribly untalented sack of (I aint gonna risk another ban so I'll stop here)

And the fact we got a few mill for him is a joke, wtf were frankfurt thinking. Up the stupid holes if they cant see how bad he.

Looking back I can probably understand why Adebayor head butted him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

And the fact we got a few mill for him is a joke, wtf were frankfurt thinking. Up the stupid holes if they cant see how bad he.
    um... hate to break this to you, but it's looking like that deal has fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Never forgave him for messing up that golden opportunity to finish barca off.

agreed, horror show moment that. i'm still angry about it.

Djourou has moved on for lower wages and more game time, he's a decent bloke and fair play to him, he had a great spell in the first team a while back, he was fast and aggressive. Shame he didn't crack on to the next level.

That's the story for lots of recent arsenal players - and the ones who did crack on left. Awwwww now i'm depressed again.

• Advertisement

um... hate to break this to you, but it's looking like that deal has fallen through.

Sh1t, do you think they saw my post?

New away kit teaser

Own it? What a stupid promo!
    Id rather if my football team owned Higuain Arsene so make it happen :)

Me today.

gosplan wrote: »
    People shouldn't expect to tune in and be placated by signings. It'll happen when it happens.

I get that we've had miserable summers in terms of transfers but signings are made for the team and the club's sake, not for the fans sake - and overpaying on the 3rd of July to keep fans happy would be wrong.

That's the route that Barca and Madrid have gone down and it leads to things like Eto plus 40 odd million for the unrequired Ibramovich when you should be spending money on defenders or Madrid letting Higuain go for a relatively small amount so they can afford a marquee signing(who probably won't match Higuain's scoring record) because Barca got Neymar.

At least wait until the season kicks in before getting annoyed.

Good post man but i think fans would be happy if we made those 3 or 4 key signings for this summer from the players were linked with. Fellaini, Higuain, Cesar and a top class centre back now that Djourou is out on loan would be a fairly reasonable summer of spending. I would doubt there would be much complaints from the Arsenal faithful after those. We know that the team would improve from them also and i think the team knows this deep down but it would seem the principles with money still remain in some areas. Not necessarily a bad thing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I spend every year worrying about us signing someone this year Im not going so bad. Every few hours is better than every hour but when August comes and its like this I will freak a bit. I have to say I have more confidence this time and it appears they will make moves only thing I would worry about is how much work we make of it. Would hate a Mata style situation.

Can anyone here see the benefit of signing Barry beacuse no matter what the price it would be too much for me? I dislike him and would prefer a half a season Diaby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

To be honest I am just delighted that this year the normal vulture teams are not hovering over our best players as has been the norm over previous years. It would be nice to have a least one of the big signings sorted by the end of the week so they could take part in the preseason tour of Asia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Best of luck to Mannone at Sunderland, always came across as a decent character in interviews. 8 years he gave the club for very little return in terms of appearances, hope he has a good career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hope they bring in Ceasar now, Be worried going into the season with just Woj and Fabianski, whats the story with Martinez weren't people saying he was going to be be on a par with Woj or better hows he been developing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/07/higuain-granted-permission-to-negotiate-with-arsenal/

snail keeps edging closer

Not sure if there's a problem with the arseblog site or what. But basically it's a quote from Higuain's dad saying they have permission from Madrid to talk to Arsenal and he hopes he'll be playing in England soon.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/07/higuain-granted-permission-to-negotiate-with-arsenal/

snail keeps edging closer

Not sure if there's a problem with the arseblog site or what. But basically it's a quote from Higuain's dad saying they have permission from Madrid to talk to Arsenal and he hopes he'll be playing in England soon.

Jaysus so we haven't even talked to him yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think this is just more 'formal' talks. Seems like informally there has been previous talks though where Higuain seems happy enough with what we have to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Tom Brookes - Bendtner's agent: "I can't say too much but I hope to have everything sorted out by the end of the week. I was in Frankfurt last Sunday."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Get home form work to see more of the same regarding the Higuain transfer we are talking, were not talking, fee agreed, fee not agreed etc.

The last transfer in i remember this drawn out and this exciting was Mata :(, get the finger out and get it done and in time for the Asian tour.

Just seen this on twitter better be true

Agent Jorge Higuaín: "Gonzalo Higuaín will join Arsenal on a 3 year deal. He will travel to London tomorrow." #AFC #RMFC

Agent Jorge Higuaín: "Gonzalo Higuaín will join Arsenal on a 3 year deal. He will travel to London tomorrow." #AFC #RMFC

3 years is bit short, if he has a great second year its into the whole last year contract lark, saying that I will jiz my pants if true!

3 year contract? hmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Screenshot_2013-07-03-21-15-38_zps5a35d466.png

This transfer window gets more comical by the day.

3 years ta fuk?

Sure by christmas season after next he'll be starting to talk terms on a new deal for himself then. 3 year deal with a 25 seems a bit short sighted.

Though if he bangs in loads and loads of goals then I could give a sh1t!

3 year contract? hmm....

I hear ya, it was tweeted by Sam Rhodes so I'm hopping it's a legit quote. But I want confirmation before I question the length of the contract, which is very short if true.

Who is Sam Rhodes?

• Advertisement

Suarez?

LOL, Arsenal wouldnt touch him. The guy is a nutcase. No thanks Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Though if he bangs in loads and loads of goals then I couldn't give a sh1t!

I'm not regularly one to correct people, but dear god this stupid american bastardising of this simple phrase bugs the hell out of me, it doesn't make sense!

I cant believe it's only the start of July. Feels like this Higuain talk has been dragging on for months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

3 years is aload of bollcks lads I wouldnt touch him if thats all hes willing to commit to, that sends out the signal that he only wants to use us as a stepping stone for.a better move when he is at his peak similar to RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    3 years is aload of bollcks lads I wouldnt touch him if thats all hes willing to commit to, that sends out the signal that he only wants to use us as a stepping stone for.a better move when he is at his peak similar to RVP.

Doubt that's true cant see us investing so much for 3 yrs, my first priority is getting him I'll worry about him leaving after that!

I reckon it will be 5 yr deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I'd love Suarez. Just for the shît it'd cause!

jonny666 wrote: »
    I'd love Suarez. Just for the shît it'd cause!

The Liverpool thread would go into meltdown if he did move!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Liverpool thread would go into meltdown if he did move!
    I'd enjoy watching all the Arsenal that hated him suddenly loving him

amiable wrote: »

Well if we did buy I'd expect him to wear a Hannibal mask ;)

• Advertisement

Well if we did buy I'd expect him to wear a Hannibal mask ;)
    As long as he bangs them in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Suarez would be an amazing purchase. I could live with all the baggage but I'm not sure Suarez can. Surely when he does leave Liverpool it will be to another country ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

This Suarez to Arsenal rumour or whatever it is, has to be the worst one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

amiable wrote: »

I think it would be hilarious when all of a sudden Liverpool fans would start seeing him dive. Of course that would probably be the Arsenal influence.

If we do go for Suarez, we should definitely put in a bid for Bale too.

:D

farna_boy wrote: »
    I think it would be hilarious when all of a sudden Liverpool fans would start seeing him dive. Of course that would probably be the Arsenal influence.

If we do go for Suarez, we should definitely put in a bid for Bale too.

:D
    I think most Liverpool fans see him dive. They are just willing to put up with it because he's that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That would be a terrible deal for Arsenal. 4 or 5 minimum.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    That would be a terrible deal for Arsenal. 4 or 5 minimum.

3 years is a short time when you have a lad banging them in, but a long time when you have Squillachi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Suarez and Higuain up front Ill have that :D **** the baggage, He only bites people because he's sour at carrying a team for the last 2 years

Suarez and Higuain up front Ill have that :D **** the baggage, He only bites people because he's sour at carrying a team for the last 2 years

It was only Ivanovic too who appeared to lie about the exact location where he was bitten...

Lots of reports all over twitter including Graham Hunter saying it looks like the Higuain deal is done at 27m euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Since when are bookies' odds useful for transfer rumours? Can guarantee that its just the bookies trying to get ****loads of free publicity and increasing awareness about the transfer betting market.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement