Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Quazzie wrote: »
    It was the arrivals lounge in Madrid ;)

He's going to Atletico!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Im afraid that picture of Walcott is a very very poor photoshop fail. Look at Jenkinson again in that video. His collar looks Royal and yellow. Notice also that Gibbs has a Royal tracktop on with yellow trimming.

Dafuq you on about michaelangelo?

Dark blue, royal blue whatever, it's close enough for a leaked jersey, hardly a major Photoshop fail, could've seen the jersey in bad light, etc.

Now put that dulux chart away before your misses gets any ideas :pac:

batistuta9 wrote: »

Dark blue, royal blue whatever, it's close enough for a leaked jersey, hardly a major Photoshop fail, could've seen the jersey in bad light, etc.

Now put that dulux chart away before your misses gets any ideas :pac:

TBF the first image is doing the rounds quite a bit and i reckon it could have been a prototype but the image with Walcott isnt real.

This is her. Spot the difference

arsenal-away-shirt-top-600x328.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

1372932752_101385_1372950319_noticia_normal.jpg

Madrid Airport today..on his way to London.

returing home early from his holiday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Whats all this talk abot suarez coming to arsenal?

Leiva wrote: »
    1372932752_101385_1372950319_noticia_normal.jpg

Madrid Airport today..on his way to London.

Any source? Some randomer?

I'm beginning to think it'd be a great thing for photo journalists to hang out in airports and try and stock up as many photos of footballers walking through them at random times to trot out when needed!

Hector Bellerin signed a long term deal today. Wenger must have high hopes for him to compete with Jenks when Sagna eventually leaves.

Does anyone actually know how long Bendtner signed the new deal for back in 2009?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Whats all this talk abot suarez coming to arsenal?

A bored Journalist, next it will be Ronaldo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any source? Some randomer?

I'm beginning to think it'd be a great thing for photo journalists to hang out in airports and try and stock up as many photos of footballers walking through them at random times to trot out when needed!
    Would not be in the least surprised if someone has already beaten you to that idea.

Is that defo even Higuain?

• Advertisement

Just noticed Ryo is training with the squad this week after the injuries he suffered last season.

Hopefully he'll get a decent run without picking up any more. He seems to have a decent appitite for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

seeing chamakh back in training ..brings a tear to my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gandalf wrote: »
    A bored Journalist, next it will be Ronaldo ;)
    It was actually William Hill taking a couple of ''large'' bets on it happening and suspending betting.
    I wonder will William Hill take a bet that he won't go to Arsenal?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ANR isn't one of the better blogs!!
    Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 1h
    Lots asking about length of Higuain contract. You're right, 3 years unusually short and seems unlikely that Arsenal would agree...

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 8m
    But it is possible that I may have understood timescale structure of deal (transfer) to have been timescale structure of deal (contract)...

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 5m
    Put it this way, I just spoke to someone (not original source, other person) who effectively said: "no, you bellend, payment, not contract".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Payment not Contract, what does that even mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Seems that the 3 years might actually be the length of time Arsenal have to pay Madrid.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Means the payment of the transfer fee to Madrid will be spread out over 3 years.

Means the payment of the transfer fee to Madrid will be spread out over 3 years.

Ah I see, I thought we were paying it all in one, anyway makes sense.

Less of your contradictory posts! ;)

The man obviously isn't a happy Arsenal fan and for a guy who wrote a book on Wenger really doesn't like him one bit but I enjoy his posts none the less.

Any blogs you'd consider a essential daily read???

Makes more sense now I think of it.

• Advertisement

Less of your contradictory posts! ;)

The man obviously isn't a happy Arsenal fan and for a guy who wrote a book on Wenger really doesn't like him one bit but I enjoy his posts none the less.

Any blogs you'd consider a essential daily read???

Arseblog is the only one I pass any heat of really

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/arsenal/five-players-arsenal-fans-should-sign-on-fm13

5 players Arsenal fans should sign in Football manager 2013 :o

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to post

Oh yeah forgot at him, always a good read

How about Le Grove?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

When will we see you, Higuaiiin?

When will we share precious moments?

Graham Hunter on Gonzalo Higuain

"This is a guy that will go to war for you.#AFC fans need to look at the middle part of his RM career. Not the beginning where he was young, nor the end where he was second fiddle. This is a guy that will go to war for you
    This is a guy who, had Arsenal signed him years ago, 'could've' kept the likes of Cesc, RvP and Nasri at the club. He'll lead by example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Graham Hunter on Gonzalo Higuain

"This is a guy that will go to war for you.#AFC fans need to look at the middle part of his RM career. Not the beginning where he was young, nor the end where he was second fiddle. This is a guy that will go to war for you
    This is a guy who, had Arsenal signed him years ago, 'could've' kept the likes of Cesc, RvP and Nasri at the club. He'll lead by example.

This is something I like to hear. A player who gives a fcuk

Sounds like he's got the 2004 "Invincibles" work ethic about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone else getting him on the back of the jersey this year, I know i am (provided he signs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ill be gutted If we dont get Higuain but really cant see It not happeing at this stage. Julio Cesar and A top quality midfielder and Ill be very happy. Has anyone seen much of Bender? By the sounds of him he would be a great fit for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Graham Hunter praising a Barcelona/Real Madrid player? Well I never....

Can't stand Hunter, his Barca fanboyism can be cringworthy at times, I remember many a time he threw his toys out of the pram and got into a big huff whenever Ken Early dared to question/criticise Barca/Real on Off The Ball. And some of the crap he came out with during the years of Barca's disgusting tapping up of Cesc was rather annoying and disrespectful to Arsenal.

However, my strong dislike of him aside, its a good sign that he considers Higuain as good as a done deal.

jordainius wrote: »
    I remember many a time he threw his toys out of the pram and got into a big huff whenever Ken Early dared to question/criticise Barca/Real on Off The Ball..

I used to LOVE when Ken and Graham were on together, you could hear it in Ken's voice he was hanging to wind him up and of course Hunter obliged :D

You think much of the current "Off The Ball" line up?

Anyone else getting him on the back of the jersey this year, I know i am (provided he signs)

I stopped doing that years ago for a few reasons.
    1) I feel far too old now
    2) I don't buy jerseys anymore because changing them every year is taking the piss. (Used to be every 2 years, alternating between a new home jersey one year and a new away jersey the next)

Most important reasons;

3) Anytime I did get a players name on a jersey the player left within a year (Thank you very much Anelka, Overmars, Parlour and Vieira)
    4) I was delighted with my Toure 28 jersey in 2006, then three days after I bought it the new squad number list was announced and Toure had changed to number 5 after four and a half years as number 28.:mad:

I used to LOVE when Ken and Graham were on together, you could hear it in Ken's voice he was hanging to wind him up and of course Hunter obliged :D

You think much of the current "Off The Ball" line up?

I still listen, and I like Ger Gilroy a lot, but its not as good :(

A shame, because its still good in my opinion, but Eoin/Ken/Murph was an impossible act to follow, they had a great chemistry, hopefully they'll be back in a regular (non podcast) slot soon on tv or radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I stopped doing that years ago for a few reasons.
    1) I feel far too old now
    2) I don't buy jerseys anymore because changing them every year is taking the piss. (Used to be every 2 years, alternating between a new home jersey one year and a new away jersey the next)

Most important reasons;

3) Anytime I did get a players name on a jersey the player left within a year (Thank you very much Anelka, Overmars, Parlour and Vieira)
    4) I was delighted with my Toure 28 jersey in 2006, then three days after I bought it the new squad number list was announced and Toure had changed to number 5 after four and a half years as number 28.:mad:

I bet ya you never had this one ....Last year i got Cazorla on the back of mine, Didn't realise until about 3 weeks later that the tit in lifestyle spelt it wrong and i'm still to this day going around with CARZOLA jersey lol , won't be making the same mistake this year I'll watch them do it and triple check afterwards , And also on you're 3rd point I always think its safer to get a new signings shirt , also im going on 30 but couldn't give a feic if people think im too old :D Gunner till i die

I still listen, and I like Ger Gilroy a lot, but its not as good :(

A shame, because its still good in my opinion, but Eoin/Ken/Murph was an impossible act to follow, they had a great chemistry, hopefully they'll be back in a regular (non podcast) slot soon on tv or radio.

Spot on, Hopefully they'll pick up something appropriate soon. Im not a fan of the podcast myself. Live radio/interviews (though sometimes not often the interviews were pre-recorded I think) really suits the lads' style.

Who do RTE Radio have in the evening slots do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

People need to stop bumping this thread until Higuain has been signed. Every time I come back and see a load of new posts I think maybe, just maybe...

I bet ya you never had this one ....Last year i got Cazorla on the back of mine, Didn't realise until about 3 weeks later that the tit in lifestyle spelt it wrong and i'm still to this day going around with CARZOLA jersey lol , won't be making the same mistake this year I'll watch them do it and triple check afterwards , And also on you're 3rd point I always think its safer to get a new signings shirt , also im going on 30 but couldn't give a feic if people think im too old :D Gunner till i die

LOL been there myself.

Back when I first started supporting Arsenal I was a huge Adams fan, All I done was talk about Tony Adams this, Tony Adams that so my Mam as a surprise one day got me my first jersey with "Tony Adams 6" on the back, yep.................first name and all :D

I was so excited about the jersey and she was even more excited than me that even as a 12 year old I didn't have the heart to tell her that you don't get the players first name on the back. If I find it I'll post up a picture.
    Feckin loved that jersey even though everyone took the piss.

And oh yeah, Finns Corner didnt have a kids size so she got me a Mens large which was HUGE on me. Took me about 10 years but I grew into it eventually

Didn't realise until about 3 weeks later that the tit in lifestyle spelt it wrong and i'm still to this day going around with CARZOLA jersey lol ,
    Ah sure you're grand there, that's how most people (including many lazy pundits) seem to pronounce it anyway :D:pac:

@wandatowell; No idea who's on 2FM (haven't listened to that station for more than 5 minutes in about ten years), but I like where you're going there. It would be a great move for 2FM. (And for the SecondCaptains, great move all round actually)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Getting closer now lads, this chap will be the best finisher in the premier league he is deadly in the box, more I look at him playing for madrid the more he reminds me of christian vieiri, big bustling 30 goal a season centre forward. Oh please get this done asap cant take this waiting game for much longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Higuain has been on Spanish radio apparently. Here are a couple of tweets of what he said (source is reliable):

'Quiero ir donde demuestren que quieren de verdad'

'Espero que el Madrid me ayude. Quiero buscar nuevos retos'.

Roughly translates as:

'I want to go where they show they really want me'

'I hope Madrid help me. I want a new challenge.'

Nothing about Arsenal, but looks increasingly likely he will leave.

I'd say only a matter of time before he's an Arsenal player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

on the topic of Jersey I still have these two in the wardrobe like prized possessions both with Wright 8 on the back of them :)

Kit_5F00_Vault_5F00_Arsenal_5F00_Main.jpg

arsenal-away-classic-for-sale-football-shirt-1994-1995-s_11609_1.jpg

on the topic of Jersey I still have these two in the wardrobe like prized possessions both with Wright 8 on the back of them :)

I always found it very strange at the time how we changed the away strip in 1995 using much the same colour palette (barring the bit of red on the cuffs and neck)

One of my favourite and probably the rarest of my collection; goalkeepers jersey 1995-96

hn36.jpg

TBF the first image is doing the rounds quite a bit and i reckon it could have been a prototype but the image with Walcott isnt real.

This is her. Spot the difference

arsenal-away-shirt-top-600x328.jpg

yeah you could be/are right, going by the collar, hopefully not though.
    i like the other one better, the yellow on the one you posted is kind of píssy or something - not as nice as the stronger yellow

that one is thought was it is around a good bit, more than the 'real' one
    the walcott photoshop was done by the guy who done jerseys with the cannon going through the shirt, they were posted on the thread before, not sure if this was but it's the same idea

931176_565275696845547_471992574_n.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    It was actually William Hill taking a couple of ''large'' bets on it happening and suspending betting.
    I wonder will William Hill take a bet that he won't go to Arsenal?

was it not skybet that it happened with first, on wednesday night?
    he when from 20/1 to 7/4 with them, big bets coming from spain the said

then it happened with the others

he waffles on a lot though

& he reads this thread too - Hello Andrew (i think) :D - please stop the waffling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How about we do a collection and you get Bendtner on your next one? :D

@wandatowell; No idea who's on 2FM (haven't listened to that station for more than 5 minutes in about ten years), but I like where you're going there. It would be a great move for 2FM. (And for the SecondCaptains, great move all round actually)

Cheers, tbh when I first heard that they were leaving "Off The Ball" I figured they were headhunted by RTE, either to jump straight into a sports show ala Off The Ball or perhaps their own tv sports program.

As part of their contract with Newstalk they might have to go on gardening leave from doing a certain type of radio show for X amount of time. It would be a means for Newstalk to protect themselves from being highjacked by another broadcaster. They may be using the podcast as a means of gathering momentum before they hit the radio waves again.

I'm not even going to give the TV show another thought as RTE have to much going on during the week with Nationwide dominating the airways 3 nights a bleedin' week to make run for a Sports program

I wonder has a deal ever fallen through due to a player injuring himself during a medical?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

he waffles on a lot though

& he reads this thread too - Hello Andrew (i think) :D - please stop the waffling

Yeah but if you're going produce a daily piece on Arsenal you'll either have to waffle or rant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement