Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Meanwhile at the Emirates...

tumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Was at the game last night few quick thoughts

Secz- the crowd and the team have lost confidence in him it seems

Mert - time to be dropped was brutal last night that's 3 bad games in a row

Barcay - what happened to him

Santos - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Finally Ramsey was brilliant last night was arsenals best player by a mile his work rate off the ball is unreal, so impressed I think arteta has a job of getting his place back
    You really have a hard on for Ramsey these days :)

He did well though pushing on offered not protection to the defense but I don't blame him 4 that

It's time to let Jenks have a run I think, bed him in for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Soups123 wrote: »
    You really have a hard on for Ramsey these days :)

Probably because he's an emerging star.

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Finally Ramsey was brilliant last night was arsenals best player by a mile his work rate off the ball is unreal, so impressed I think arteta has a job of getting his place back

As good as Ramsey might have been neither him or Arteta should be in the starting 11 imo Should be Cazorla, Wilshere and player like Diame but can't see us signing anyone :mad:.

As for the back four none of them are really good enough I'd much rather see Kos and Jenks start every week that's for sure, other than in and ideal world ship the rest out and get replacements.

As good as Ramsey might have been neither him or Arteta should be in the starting 11 imo Should be Cazorla, Wilshere and player like Diame but can't see us signing anyone :mad:.

As for the back four none of them are really good enough I'd much rather see Kos and Jenks start every week that's for sure, other than in and ideal world ship the rest out and get replacements.

Why don't you think Arteta should be in there? When he's fit, he's one of the first I'd have on my team sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Pity Arsenal didn't put a bid in for Jack Butland, I rate him.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Why don't you think Arteta should be in there? When he's fit, he's one of the first I'd have on my team sheet.

As much as I think Arteta is a good player in the position we play him he's not what we need, we desperately need a powerhouse midfielder the type of player Diaby is every now and then. Then when you look further up the field I wouldn't drop Cazorla or Wilshere for Arteta.

He be a superb back up though.

As much as I think Arteta is a good player in the position we play him he's not what we need, we desperately need a powerhouse midfielder the type of player Diaby is every now and then. Then when you look further up the field I wouldn't drop Cazorla or Wilshere for Arteta.

He be a superb back up though.

I see where you're coming from. It would be great to ave that Diaby type player week-in week-out but I'd feel it would be a waste to have Arteta on the bench. He brings such a sense of calm to the team. I must look up to stats to see if I'm right, but I think a lot of our recent first half nerves and mistakes have happened while he's been out injured. He has an experienced head on his shoulders and that's invaluable to us at the moment.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Pity Arsenal didn't put a bid in for Jack Butland, I rate him.

He wants game time first and formost. We already have young, promising keepers. I'd prefer an elder goalie that szcz can learn from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

After watching last nights match again we really do need to strenghten our back 5, ive been banging on months now that Chesney isnt good enough for us yet, I think were 4 or 5 top players short of challenging for the title, a keeper, full back, centre back, defensive midfielder and maybe a real top quality player that can unlock a defense with a bit of genius. But in saying that does anybody get the feeling that we could buy top quality defenders that they would start to fcuk up as well, I wonder is there much focus on defending as a unit in training if any at all??

Would like to see Rosicky in the side again soon as he really does like to get the ball forward as quick as possible because at times Ramsey and Arteta are guilty of taking too much time to release the ball forward (usually passing it sideways or back to defenders) and it gives the oppossition time to reorganise.

He wants game time first and formost. We already have young, promising keepers. I'd prefer an elder goalie that szcz can learn from.

I think any player we sign should be an older player that the others can learn from. We're missing that in our defence anyway.

Stoke have possibly a better keeper than us so he'll find it hard there, unless Begovic moves on in the summer which is likely

Soups123 wrote: »
    Stoke have possibly a better keeper than us so he'll find it hard there, unless Begovic moves on in the summer which is likely

Moves to us hopefully :P

Moves to us hopefully :P
    That would be quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Just watching sky sports now and theres fcuk all activity at the emirates to report so far today. Bloody disaster if you ask me lads and its like deja vu` all over again on transfer deadline day.

• Advertisement

Sergio wrote: »
    Just watching sky sports now and theres fcuk all activity at the emirates to report so far today. Bloody disaster if you ask me lads and its like deja vu` all over again on transfer deadline day.

I haven't seen them there yet. All I heard is them asking yer man Guillem Balague about Villa and he said it's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

5 seasons eh?

Conservative figure

Sergio wrote: »

Yeh sky have no reporter at the Emirates as there not expecting any activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

F*ck Sky to be honest. The whole Big Jim thing is ridiculous at this stage, and they even had Honest Harry talking out of the car earlier. Pathetic try-hards.

keano_afc wrote: »
    F*ck Sky to be honest. The whole Big Jim thing is ridiculous at this stage, and they even had Honest Harry talking out of the car earlier. Pathetic try-hards.

Whatever ya think about them they are probably right about there being nothing happening at the Emirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Did we ever though? Thought it was always the Colney. It's the Colney where deals are done too like!

Don't know if this was posted already but bookies are taking bets on how long 'Arry will talk to the media tonight through his car window :D

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/january-transfer-specials/harry-redknapp-car-interview-when-leaving-tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Gringo180 wrote: »
    After watching last nights match again we really do need to strenghten our back 5, ive been banging on months now that Chesney isnt good enough for us yet, I think were 4 or 5 top players short of challenging for the title, a keeper, full back, centre back, defensive midfielder and maybe a real top quality player that can unlock a defense with a bit of genius. But in saying that does anybody get the feeling that we could buy top quality defenders that they would start to fcuk up as well, I wonder is there much focus on defending as a unit in training if any at all??

Would like to see Rosicky in the side again soon as he really does like to get the ball forward as quick as possible because at times Ramsey and Arteta are guilty of taking too much time to release the ball forward (usually passing it sideways or back to defenders) and it gives the oppossition time to reorganise.

Agree with you about the defender, we probably need better defensive coaching, we play a high line so an over the top ball is basically a foot race between our defender and their attacker. Also our midfield play so far in front of our defense when our defenders win a header it usually goes to the oppositions midfield. Our defense is so isolated that mistakes are bound to happen and when they happen its obvious.

We really need someone fast and strong basically another kolo.

Edit- though a lot of the individual errors are inexcusable and not helped by verm who appears to have a 'free role' in defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good point - what does it say on some of those American "reality" shows.

Something like - some scenes were enhanced and re-enacted for the benefit of the viewer.

BBC's David Ornstein reporting that we're hopeful of signing a left back today. Some hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

of course we're hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lost all faith in the defenders and keeper last night.

Czszhney - will be good in time. Too cocky and flappy at the minute.

Santos - People saying he's not too bad need their eyes tested. He's rubbish. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Vermaelen - Looks to have lost his confidence completely. Would play him LB before Santos though.

Mertezacher -- Can't jump and has turned his back on shots twice in last 2 games. Hate cowardly footballers.

Sagna -- Someone swapped him for a dud. Looked like Bambi on ice last night. Needs to replace him with Jenkinson and buy another RB.

Gibbs -- Injury prone. Need a replacement urgently as Santos is not it.

Another injury or two and we could have the likes of Santos on the right and Squillachi inside him FFS.

newbie2 wrote: »
    of course we're hopeful

Supposedly they said on their transfer deadline program that we'll "sign a LB unless something unforeseen happens". Don't hold me to that quote though as somebody else told me about the quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
    Arsenal working hard to sign left-back before deadline. Likely to happen. Never say never on David Villa, but unlikely #bbctransfernews #afc

Definitely the reporter I'd trust most about Arsenal news.

Definitely the reporter I'd trust most about Arsenal news.

For sure. I don't think he ever got anything Arsenal-related wrong. Seems to have his sources within the club.

• Advertisement

So what left backs are out there that you'd like to see come in, personally id like to see us try get Contreau off Real Madrid.

".@BenCrump84 claims Arsenal are in talks with Malaga over Monreal & with Bilbao over Fernando Amorebieta with the latter more likely."

Just as long as they're 'super super quality' I don't care:p

So what left backs are out there that you'd like to see come in, personally id like to see us try get Contreau off Real Madrid.

It would still mean Santos vs. Bayern as Contreau would be cup tied...

Well forget about Contreau so :o

Who cares about being Cup tied? Let's be realistic, we're not gonna win the champs league so we should be signing players purely to get 4th spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Well forget about Contreau so :o

Realistically we are not going to beat Bayern and even if we do we are definitly a very very long shot to win the Champions League, so the reality is the race for 3rd/4th place is our priority and building momentum towards next season so I wouldnt let the fact that he is cup tied be in any way a negative, if he is better than what we have, which lets face it if he can stand up without falling over is a given and is realistically hte best we can get then go for it IMO.

PS.. I still want Baines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fed up of the case that for the last 7 years all we talk about is "next season" at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dean H ‏@DeanLDN22
    Interested in a Spanish CB. Goalkeeper Stekelenburg's agent has been on the phone to Wenger. Waiting to hear back from Barca on Villa.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dean H ‏@DeanLDN22
    Interested in a Spanish CB. Goalkeeper Stekelenburg's agent has been on the phone to Wenger. Waiting to hear back from Barca on Villa.

Who's dean h, I don't use twitter.

Positive signs in here atleast not a sniff on Sky

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Who's dean h, I don't use twitter.

AFCamden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fed up of the case that for the last 7 years all we talk about is "next season" at this time of year.

I know you're disappointed with the team's direction at the moment Tayto but I think your memory is eluding you. We've been in the title race at this stage of the season at least twice over the last 7 years and with decent CL hopes too.

AFCamden

Well means little to me also but I hear this guy gets a lot right. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

greendom wrote: »

I know you're disappointed with the team's direction at the moment Tayto but I think your memory is eluding you. We've been in the title race at this stage of the season at least twice over the last 7 years and with decent CL hopes too.
    07/08 we were top at this stage. 5 points clear by march

• Advertisement

AFCamden

He also said not to quote him since he's private now!

Indeed. I never quoted him ;)

I followed him just a few minutes ago, have I a hope of being approved?

I followed him just a few minutes ago, have I a hope of being approved?

Oh yeah you can still follow him. I'm not actually sure how this private thing works on twitter to be honest. just seems you can't retweet him or search for his tweets?

Oh yeah you can still follow him. I'm not actually sure how this private thing works on twitter to be honest. just seems you can't retweet him or search for his tweets?

You must have been following him before he turned it private. Once he goes private, all his new followers must be approved by him. I can't see any of his tweets, followers or people he's following. Hopefully I'll get approved though, he's always been one of the most reliable sources.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement