Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wonder has a deal ever fallen through due to a player injuring himself during a medical?????
    This is what'll happen if we ever sell Diaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I wonder has a deal ever fallen through due to a player injuring himself during a medical?????

Didn't VanNistelroy break down during the first attempt to transfer to Utd? Although he may have been recovering from an injury at that time. Think they waited at least a year after that before signing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Didn't VanNistelroy break down during the first attempt to transfer to Utd? Although he may have been recovering from an injury at that time. Think they waited at least a year after that before signing him.

Yes, damaged fetlock I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think he was jumping for a header. A coach lightly threw a ball towards him, he jumped, headed it, landed, screamed, fell and screamed again.

He was very close to joining United at the time iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

lol :D

l4QHahL.jpg

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yes, damaged fetlock I believe.

I had to google it but I get it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I had to google it but I get it now :D

^^^ LOL, classic!

Nice piece on George Graham on Arsenaldotcom

http://www.arsenal.com/history/grahams-glory-years/george-graham-appointed-as-manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Oh yeah forgot at him, always a good read

How about Le Grove?

I do like Le Grove but on days like today, when Geoff is writing, it's best avoided I think. Horrendous stuff. More like a post on a messageboard (not this thread of course!) than a proper blog post.

• Advertisement

I do like Le Grove but on days like today, when Geoff is writing, it's best avoided I think. Horrendous stuff. More like a post on a messageboard (not this thread of course!) than a proper blog post.

Pedro carries more weight with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Some more dead wood cleared - 2 more to go Gervinho and Chamakh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

imtdub wrote: »

Id like us to keep Gervinho. He isnt a bad option to have from the bench

jonny666 wrote: »

I can't remember him coming off the bench and making a difference when it mattered, with him gone it would give Wenger chance to name may be Gnabry/Ryo/Einsfeld in the match day squad...

Quazzie wrote: »
    This is what'll happen if we ever sell Diaby

We'll probably have to give an extend warranty with the fella

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't remember him coming off the bench and making a difference when it mattered, with him gone it would give Wenger chance to name may be Gnabry/Ryo/Einsfeld in the match day squad...
    Never really does; I saw a stat recently, it was something horrible like 1 assist in 18 appearances off the bench...

He doesn't have it. I'd rather give his minutes to a prospect or ideally use his space in the squad for a new creative player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Never really does; I saw a stat recently, it was something horrible like 1 assist in 18 appearances off the bench...

He doesn't have it. I'd rather give his minutes to a prospect or ideally use his space in the squad for a new creative player.

I stand corrected. They are really bad!! Didnt he go through a good spell at the start of last season and scored 4 or 5 goals tho?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I stand corrected. They are really bad!! Didnt he go through a good spell at the start of last season and scored 4 or 5 goals tho?

I thought he had a decent patch towards the end too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Agree wholeheartedly.

He'd probably make a good corner forward but he can't control the ball with his feet well enough or think quickly enough to be a great soccer player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would like to see Gnabry get some more game time or a PL loan, looks the best talent out of the academy since Jack imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

One goal and one assist in 15 appearances. Add up his minutes and compare it to another player on the squad. His stats were actually good this year, pass completion and dribble were quite high for a fella that's been injured continuously. We saw this year how much we miss a player like Diaby, when he played. When he returned he was immediately called up to the national team, and scored.

I would like to see more of Eisfeld, out of the younger players there I think he would be the most assured. Great experience in Germany and almost 2 seasons in the reserves.

+1 completely agree with you mate, I think going forward we should promote youngsters for squad players and no more mediocre/average players who contribute zilch to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reading reports the deal has fallen apart, Madrid have pulled the plug anyone hear this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If someone could just sit him down, without a ball in sight, and just explain to him what his role is and what to do when he beats his man. He has skill but lacks reasoning. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Reading reports the deal has fallen apart, Madrid have pulled the plug anyone hear this?
    This always happens just before a deal is complete. I can't see that happening

If someone could just sit him down, without a ball in sight, and just explain to him what his role is and what to do when he beats his man. He has skill but lacks reasoning. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

That's true once he is in the box, he hasn't clue what to do, he just goes blank...

I'd be keeping Gervinho, handy weapon to bring on from the bench. Take off Lukas and on comes this fella with the Alien head.

Its good to have options.

As for the other fella............g'luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gervinho can be great at times but an absolute clown other times, himself and Walcott have to be the 2 most frustrating players at the club, I read somewhere that Eden Hazard said Gervinho was the best player he ever played with back in there Lille days.

Dont be starting that sh*t now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Marca reporting no bids have been submitted and Ancelotti might want to keep him i was reading.

• Advertisement

TheBza wrote: »
    Marca reporting no bids have been submitted and Ancelotti might want to keep him i was reading.

I hope its the same source as the Suarez story

Dont be starting that sh*t now! :(

Well I read sky sports are reporting he is still in Madrid and won't be leaving anytime soon but arsenal are still 'keen'.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    was it not skybet that it happened with first, on wednesday night?
    he when from 20/1 to 7/4 with them, big bets coming from spain the said

then it happened with the others
    It could have been but I saw it with William Hill. I'm not sure which was first.

Reports now we haven't even made a bid lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Of course we've made a bid, this is just shenanigans. He'll be confirmed next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Of course we've made a bid, this is just shenanigans. He'll be confirmed next week.

This is dragging out far too long for my liking, my main worry is the likes of City or Chelsea coming in for him.

Rumour has it just as Higuain was about to sign the contract, the biro ran out of ink and that Arsenal have currently opened negotiations with the local newsagent for a new biro. The shop want 50p for the biro but apparently Wenger wont budge on 40p. :pac:

Now the rumour mill is ancellotti has convinced him to stay.

• Advertisement

Now the rumour mill is ancellotti has convinced him to stay.

Real Madrid have dragged their heels a bit in this whole saga so that wouldnt surprise me. I actually dont blame Arsenal if it does fall through because they done everything by the book but Madrid dont know their arse from their elbow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Laaaads will ye stop....this thread is gonna be the death of a lot of us i reckon

Laaaads will ye stop....this thread is gonna be the death of a lot of us i reckon

Its the poor snail i feel sorry for in all this. He is after making savage ground to North London and now all this doubt whether he'll be called back to Madrid or not :D

I'm actually 100% certain he'll sign over the weekend being honest. I wouldn't worry bout the rumour mill because it is just that...full of RUMOURS

I'm actually 100% certain he'll sign over the weekend being honest. I wouldn't worry bout the rumour mill because it is just that...full of RUMOURS

Its as much a rumour that he is linked with us in the first place as it is a rumour that the deal has fallen through though.

Well no...Because he's father has said on a couple of occasions over the last few weeks that he was negotiating with us and juventus for a time , so when it comes from the players father i would take it more concrete than most of the rumours going out there, for example we have heard f all from Rooney or Feilanis camps the two other players we've been constantly linked with

Sanogo aswell practially announced a week before it was confirmed that he was coming

• Advertisement

Well no...Because he's father has said on a couple of occasions over the last few weeks that he was negotiating with us and juventus for a time , so when it comes from the players father i would take it more concrete than most of the rumours going out there, for example we have heard f all from Rooney or Feilanis camps the two other players we've been constantly linked with

Sanogo aswell practially announced a week before it was confirmed that he was coming

His father is his agent at the end of the day and they all speculate about their clients no matter whether its their son, brother or someone else. Granted Sanogo was fairly certain about it alright but I can remember many deals that fell through on Arsenal that there was plenty of noise about beforehand. Ill believe it when it see it at this stage.

It kind of feels good to accept it probably won't happen, like a weight off the shoulders!

Probably got ahead of myself.

Who's left Jovetic?

It kind of feels good to accept it probably won't happen, like a weight off the shoulders!

Probably got ahead of myself.

Who's left Jovetic?

Rumours Chelsea want rid of Demba Ba today....After a mere 7 months surely not?

Wouldn't be surprised, probably not in Joses plans, we will end up with ba!!!

Well it is Chelsea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement