Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know i won't believe anything till i see it on Sky Sports or BBC sport lol

amiable wrote: »
    Well it is Chelsea

I thought he would be Jose's type of player in order to try fill that void left by Drogba. Anzhi strongly linked with him

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yes, damaged fetlock I believe.

Just burst my ****ing hole laughing in the barbers. Fantastic stuff.... People still looking at me like I'm koo koo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just to counter a bit of the negativity building up here at the moment - Christian Martin, a Fox Sports journalist from Argentina has tweeted that Higuain is currently having his medical. Its probably BS but then again so are all the rumours about Higuain not joining the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

greendom wrote: »
    Just to counter a bit of the negativity building up here at the moment - Christian Martin, a Fox Sports journalist from Argentina has tweeted that Higuain is currently having his medical. Its probably BS but then again so are all the rumours about Higuain not joining the club.

When he's having his medical I'm pretty sure we will all know, can't imagine someone this high profile getting out of Madrid, into London, and then be able to do his medical without someone from Sky or BBC spotting him

Don't know how much more I can take of this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Arseblognews saying Diaby's squad number changed from 2 to 24, read into that what you will, could mean nothing, could mean the club are finally beginning to get fed up of him.

Hopefully it will be given to a full back! 2 and 3 should only ever be given to full backs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

jordainius wrote: »
    Arseblognews saying Diaby's squad number changed from 2 to 24, read into that what you will, could mean nothing, could mean the club are finally beginning to get fed up of him.

Hopefully it will be given to a full back! 2 and 3 should only ever be given to full backs!!

Was tweeted out on twitter on the official Arsenal page

Sanogo number 22 as well

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's going to Per so Cesc can have number 4 when he returns...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

TheGunns wrote: »
    When he's having his medical I'm pretty sure we will all know, can't imagine someone this high profile getting out of Madrid, into London, and then be able to do his medical without someone from Sky or BBC spotting him

Don't know how much more I can take of this :pac:

You'd be surprised. he could complete the medical in Madrid or anywhere in spain using another facilities doesnt have to be in London.

I reckon this will be a done deal by early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Soups123 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. he could complete the medical in Madrid or anywhere in spain using another facilities doesnt have to be in London.

I reckon this will be a done deal by early next week.

Agreed, the medical doesn't have to be done in London. Lets hope its true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jordainius wrote: »

Diaby should have number 999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Diaby should have number 999.

Or 112 when we play in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Diaby has just chosen a shirt to match the number of injuries he's had.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Diaby has just chosen a shirt to match the number of injuries he's had.

Speak of injury, Johann Djourou interestingly played a good lot for Hannover when he moved to them the second half of the season. Was dropped after a nightmare vs Bayern Munich back in April but returned on the last day of the season but perhaps his injury problems are behind him just as his Arsenal days are numbered?

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/45941/johan-djourou?cc=5739#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Sid Lowe tells ESPN that Real Madrid want a bigger fee for Gonzalo Higuaín. Arsenal will have to raise their £23m bid. #AFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cough up Ivan

Sid Lowe tells ESPN that Real Madrid want a bigger fee for Gonzalo Higuaín. Arsenal will have to raise their £23m bid. #AFC

Are Juve out of the picture now that they have signed both LLorente and Tevez?

Are Juve out of the picture now that they have signed both LLorente and Tevez?

Suppose so but its city who I would worry about.

Suppose so but its city who I would worry about.

Same here. City or Chelsea.

• Advertisement

It's not Ivan's ****ing money!

We have at least 60 million lying around, we've cleared 300k off the wage budget, even just signing Higuain and nothing else is bull****.

Same here. City or Chelsea.

Doubt he will want to play under Jose again after the way he was dropped, but if city come sniffing its goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah but if you're going produce a daily piece on Arsenal you'll either have to waffle or rant.

he should leave it everyday in the summer - every few days, once a week or if there's something to talk about

the waffle isn't arsenal waffle either, which wouldn't be so bad

it's the other bollocks i'm on about

that's from the story that was in Marca today

he tweeted about it 15 hours ago & answered a question on it

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 15h
    Lots of questions about Marca's story today: they say Madrid now playing hardball on Higuaín and want bigger fee.
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favourite More
    2:07 AM - 5 Jul 13 · Details
    ⚽Goonersville⚽ ‏@goonersville 15h
    @sidlowe the fact they have permission for the player to talk to arsenal suggests a fee would have already been agreed no ?
    Expand
    Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 15h
    .@goonersville that is what Higuaín's camp understood, yes.
    Expand

All the Spanish press and media going with arsenal have ended their interest in higuan, we have wasted half the summer on this, please don't be true.

Sid Lowe of The Guardian says that Madrid are playing hardball with the fee and want €30m despite previously agreeing a €27m fee.

If its over reals asking price why couldn't we just offer 30 million and be done with it that's what the big clubs do and that's why they win things, I thought we were able to compete with the big boys now, seems nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

All the Spanish press and media going with arsenal have ended their interest in higuan, we have wasted half the summer on this, please don't be true.

Sid Lowe of The Guardian says that Madrid are playing hardball with the fee and want €30m despite previously agreeing a €27m fee.

If its over reals asking price why couldn't we just offer 30 million and be done with it that's what the big clubs do and that's why they win things, I thought we were able to compete with the big boys now, seems nothing has changed.

Spanish press is notorious for storing the ****, Marca has a pro Madrid agenda.

There is nearly 8 weeks left this and a few others will get done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Correction: WE have wasted half OUR summer on this. Realistically no one has any idea how much time or energy Arsenal have put into this or what else they've going on.

And also no one has any idea what's going on with this.

Am I correct in saying there's two comments from Higuain's dad and that's it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Getting real tired of this saga.

Also if you're going by the above which is probably true I'm rather happy that Arsenal didn't just hand over another few million having agreed a fee.

I get your frustration but that would be ridiculous. Madrid have to buy someone big this summer to appease their fans cause they just lost the league by a mile and Barca signed Neymar.

Play hardball I say. Better than handing over another 3 million instantly.

Also if you're going by the above which is probably true I'm rather happy that Arsenal didn't just hand over another few million having agreed a fee.

I get your frustration but that would be ridiculous. Madrid have to buy someone big this summer to appease their fans cause they just lost the league by a mile and Barca signed Neymar.

Play hardball I say. Better than handing over another 3 million instantly.

Really? So loose out on a quality player for the sake of 3 million?

Why should we worry about the finances, we just want world class players, with him I really thought we could push for the title.

Really? So loose out on a quality player for the sake of 3 million?

Why should we worry about the finances, we just want world class players, with him I really thought we could push for the title.

No, not loose out on him.

Of course I'd like to see Arsenal pay the extra and sign him.

But that doesn't have to happen immediately, that's all I'm saying.

No, not loose out on him.

Of course I'd like to see Arsenal pay the extra and sign him.

But that doesn't have to happen immediately, that's all I'm saying.

You're probably right, I'm just impatient and this saga has me mentally worn out!

• Advertisement

You're probably right, I'm just impatient and this saga has me mentally worn out!

I know but if Real did do that my attitude would be fcuk them.

Happened me once going to Highbury to see Arsenal play city.

Reserved ticket from online tout and when I rang him in London he told me the price had gone up. I said no thanks and left it. He rang me back an hour later when he obviously couldn't flog them elsewhere.

That fcuker kind of got the last laugh as it was one of the old 'obstructed view' seats in Highbury.

So we'll probably get Higuain at the old price but with a dodgy knee or something.

I know but if Real did do that my attitude would be fcuk them.

Happened me once going to Highbury to see Arsenal play city.

Reserved ticket from online tout and when I rang him in London he told me the price had gone up. I said no thanks and left it. He rang me back an hour later when he obviously couldn't flog them elsewhere.
    I miss going to highbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The deal will still happen. It may take a little longer but we'll meet them half way and we will sign the player. Have faith people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I miss going to highbury.

Love the Emirates but I definitely miss Highbury. Fantastic and unique stadium. Glad I got to go there a couple of times in my younger days.

Also, people are getting too caught up in this Higuain deal. I don't see the point in getting so attached to something you can't do anything about. Just sit back, have a nice cold pint and wait for this to all blow over.

Love the Emirates but I definitely miss Highbury. Fantastic and unique stadium. Glad I got to go there a couple of times in my younger days.

Also, people are getting too caught up in this Higuain deal. I don't see the point in getting so attached to something you can't do anything about. Just sit back, have a nice cold pint and wait for this to all blow over.

The atmosphere on the north bank upper is something the emirates just can't get back, but I'm sure in the long run it was the right thing to do!

Marca is an absolute sh*t rag. Always has been. Real use it to release their bull**** stories.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Real playing "hardball" is just utter bull**** designed to get another team in to make an offer.

Big moves like this take time and to be honest I doubt negotiations really started gathering pace until Ancelotti was appointed and Real sought his opinion. There probably was tentative talks but there's no way Real/Arsenal were going to setup the whole deal with even the remotest possibility that Ancelotti would pull the plug.

Marca is an absolute sh*t rag. Always has been. Real use it to release their bull**** stories.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Real playing "hardball" is just utter bull**** designed to get another team in to make an offer.

Big moves like this take time and to be honest I doubt negotiations really started gathering pace until Ancelotti was appointed and Real sought his opinion. There probably was tentative talks but there's no way Real/Arsenal were going to setup the whole deal with even the remotest possibility that Ancelotti would pull the plug.
    Does the managers a. Madrid even have a say in players in and out?

To be fair to Madrid they are right to look for more than 23 million. He is a world class striker, look at how muchwe sold ade for etc

To be fair to Madrid they are right to look for more than 23 million. He is a world class striker, look at how muchwe sold ade for etc

ssshhhhhhh, Dont mention how much we got for Adebayor

I'd imagine a manager like Ancelotti would, but when I player states he wants to leave then I guess that's a different story isn't it? :confused:

Not to be glass is half empty but we might be in danger of over rating Higuain.

Jose wouldn't pander to reputations and he didn't start him.

No-one else seems that interested.

On the plus side, he does have a great record.

Not to be glass is half empty but we might be in danger of over rating Higuain.

Jose wouldn't pander to reputations and he didn't start him.

No-one else seems that interested.

On the plus side, he does have a great record.

If Wenger rates him that's good enough for me.

• Advertisement

Ya don't get to be a starting striker for Argentina if you're not top quality. He's class and will improve us a lot, in both football terms and reputation amongst other top level players. He'll go some ways towards repairing the damage to our image caused by recent personnel losses. He's worth paying Madrid asking price. Time to pony up the dough.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Ya don't get to be a starting striker for Argentina if you're not top quality. He's class and will improve us a lot, in both football terms and reputation amongst other top level players. He'll go some ways towards repairing the damage to our image caused by recent personnel losses. He's worth paying Madrid asking price. Time to pony up the dough.
    You're speaking if he's ours! Nice to see optimisim but.....

Well if he's not signed there'll be a huge backlash I reckon. I don't believe a word in marca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So the saga goes on and on and on ....
    Why can our club not do the business like other clubs and just sign the players without all the haggling over a few pounds?
    This is getting on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Been away the last day or so and eh well see it's been more of the same really.

imtdub wrote: »
    That's true once he is in the box, he hasn't clue what to do, he just goes blank...

Wouldn't be the first time a bloke suffered from that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

So the saga goes on and on and on ....
    Why can our club not do the business like other clubs and just sign the players without all the haggling over a few pounds?
    This is getting on my nerves.

You can't exactly blame them if they agreed a fee and then real started acting the bollocks trying to raise it at the last minute.

You can't exactly blame them if they agreed a fee and then real started acting the bollocks trying to raise it at the last minute.

I totally agree with this. Real have been dragging their heels and making alot of noise about this transfer.
    We even had that idiot Perez saying that since they are being overcharged for players that they will start doing the same and yet it has been the likes of Perez who has been inflating the market. They were more than happy to flex their financial muscles for C Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Kaka and all the other so called galacticos. Their behaviour in their pursuit of Vieira was abysmal back in 2004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=GoonerTalk&utm_content=353459172098048001

New away kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=GoonerTalk&utm_content=353459172098048001

New away kit.

BObZN98CcAA9LNu.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

^^^^^^^
    Fcukin putrid....

One more year and Puma can put an end to this run of horrible Nike shirts...

Its as though they were told to take the 03/04 kit as a template and make it as ugly as possible. The sponsor is way too big on the shirt, the buttons just look silly. Actually, back on the sponsor again, its made of that ****e plastic that peels off after a few years. Never did that when JVC and O2 were sponsors, sponsors were printed on good strong material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement