Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's not all bad lads, I tried to sign him in FM13 and Real quoted me £185m! I upped my offer to £30m and they changed to £197m. Could be worse I guess, at least they are willing to talk IRL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

newbie2 wrote: »

It says official but is it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is this reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

There's no tick to say it's official... I'd say it's bull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    There's no tick to say it's official... I'd say it's bull.

I was following that site last summer to get their view on Sahin and they were convinced he was going to Liverpool when the media in general were saying he was arsenal bound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill be livid if we dont get Higuain, just pay the extra few million Madrid want ffs, pain in me hole of us missing out on players over an extra few million.

jordainius wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^
    Fcukin putrid....

One more year and Puma can put an end to this run of horrible Nike shirts...

Its as though they were told to take the 03/04 kit as a template and make it as ugly as possible. The sponsor is way too big on the shirt, the buttons just look silly. Actually, back on the sponsor again, its made of that ****e plastic that peels off after a few years. Never did that when JVC and O2 were sponsors, sponsors were printed on good strong material.

Your spot on there. The design isnt too bad imho but i was just on about the tendency of the print to peel on the kits thread earlier. Its bad enough having it but when it peels it makes the shirt look even worse.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ill be livid if we dont get Higuain, just pay the extra few million Madrid want ffs, pain in me hole of us missing out on players over an extra few million.

Bit annoying no doubt especially after Ivan's boasting at the supporters forum recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

NUTZZ wrote: »
    BObZN98CcAA9LNu.jpg:large

Ah would ya get out of it, what a gammy shirt!!! I always like getting away shorts, but that is just plain rotten, worst away shirt in years..

Here are some old favourites..

arsenal-away-football-shirt-1995-1996-s_2180_1.jpg

ArsenalASS8889a-G8.jpg

6a00e5521030508834016768a98ca3970b-800wi

extra_football_shirt_8046_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bit annoying no doubt especially after Ivan's boasting at the supporters forum recently.

Bring back David Dein I say he would of had this deal done and dusted long ago!!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Bring back David Dein I say he would of had this deal done and dusted long ago!!

I think Gazidis is probably brilliant at the commercial deals but when it came to negotiating with players i reckon Dein was tops. Together they'd make some team i reckon. Both have great attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dein had connections in the footy world, a lot of the times it was dein who told managers hey i can get you X. He's been sorely missed. Transfers have dragged on since he left, nasri took ages, arshavin we barely got in time(2 bad examples i know), podolski, looks like higuain is going to be the same.

Dein had connections in the footy world, a lot of the times it was dein who told managers hey i can get you X. He's been sorely missed. Transfers have dragged on since he left, nasri took ages, arshavin we barely got in time(2 bad examples i know), podolski, looks like higuain is going to be the same.

I think Dein built networks with all these chairmen that i dont think any of the other Arsenal hierarchy would even think of doing. For example he used regularly go out to dinner with Abramovich as he was seeking him to invest in Arsenal instead of Chelsea. Abramovich offered to buy Henry back in 04 and Dein steadfast refused :D
    When he signed Reyes i read he was doing the deal in a restaurant and ordered the champagne when Reyes had agreed personal terms. With the rest its all stifling boardrooms. Just a more personal way of dealing with players which to be fair could make all the difference. Wenger to his credit also meets young players personally who he wishes to sign. You had both Ramsey and Sanogo for starters. Makes all the difference

Another goal for Sanogo tonight in a 4-0 win v Uzbekistan. You wouldnt mind he was a doubt going into the match

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't believe that for a second, either way I hope emergingstar doesn't see it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

No thanks. I'd like Fellaini but we need a squad to compete properly and Ramsey to me would be a very valuable part of a strong squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a massive load of horsesh1t!

Wenger's close to buying Higuain for a club record but no one knows much about it yet he somehow decided to leak it to sports direct that he values Ramsey at 7 million and wants to offer him in part exchange.

Garbage of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So much bull****. If Shelvey goes for 6m Rambo is at least worth 12 for a team in the PL.

Wenger wouldn't get rid of him either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Its silly season lads.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

**** no

Are you telling me you wouldn't exchange ramsey for fellaini?

That's ridiculous, fellaini is a class player.

No thanks. I'd like Fellaini but we need a squad to compete properly and Ramsey to me would be a very valuable part of a strong squad.

So we keep a squad with average players instead of adding quality to the first team, lets see how far that gets us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I wouldn't. We are supposed to be building a team. Not swapping players.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not when we can just buy him, no.

So we keep a squad with average players instead of adding quality to the first team, lets see how far that gets us.

Ramseys done ok. Why not keep him tbh as he can only improve and is improving game by game? Buy Fellaini by all means but a swap would do nothing for the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Tabloids and other rumour makers always spread news of cash+player deals even though they probably make up less than 5% of all transfers each year.

These kinds of deals are by their nature very hard to make as its difficult to have two players who want to go to opposing clubs at the same time and have each club agree to the same.

Ramseys done ok. Why not keep him tbh as he can only improve and is improving game by game? Buy Fellaini by all means but a swap would do nothing for the squad.

But youre basically saying you would rather ramsey than fellaini?

So keep average players because they done ok instead of getting top class players instead.

Sounds like the problem at this club for the last years.

• Advertisement

Lets be honest he hasn't improved game by game, he had a few good games at the end of a terrible season, how much longer do we wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

No. You have a first team of top class players but you have very good players in the squad ready to take their place when the need arises (injuries, rotation). Ramsey is a very good player and he showed in the run-in that he's very much worthy of a squad place.

Lets be honest he hasn't improved game by game, he had a few good games at the end of a terrible season, how much longer do we wait?

Chap only 21 and has made a remarkable comeback from a broken leg as well as having to deal with the death of his national team manager and idol Gary Speed so give him this season at the very least. He has also done quite well in front of the back four.

No. You have a first team of top class players but you have very good players in the squad ready to take their place when the need arises (injuries, rotation). Ramsey is a very good player and he showed in the run-in that he's very much worthy of a squad place.

A first team of top class players?

Come on.

Chap only 21 and has made a remarkable comeback from a broken leg as well as having to deal with the death of his national team manager and idol Gary Speed so give him this season at the very least. He has also done quite well in front of the back four.

Fair enough point, just seems to be too many players constanj been given another chance at this club.

Fair enough point, just seems to be too many players constanj been given another chance at this club.

Yeah but Ramsey is decent enough i mean you could hardly put him in the Gervinho/Eboue category now in that respect but id agree he needs to find 10% extra next season. Any form of regression and yes i would agree he would have to be shown the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I absolutely do not want to lose Ramsey. Very valuable squad player and I still feel he has the potential to step up another level.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I absolutely do not want to lose Ramsey. Very valuable squad player and I still feel he has the potential to step up another level.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I can see Ramsey being a Carrick like player for us. Especially as he gets more experience with time. He'll be a very good squad player for many years if we hold on to him imo.

That's not to say we shouldn't get Fellaini if it's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If we wanted to get rid if Ramsey, he'd get better wages elsewhere and we'd get a lot more than 7 million for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Rambo, he turned around a ****e season to finish strongly. Fair play to him, hes worth more than 7 million, if joe allen cost 15! There's no reason we couldn't have rambo and fellaini in our squad. We badly need more depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Rambo, he turned around a ****e season to finish strongly. Fair play to him, hes worth more than 7 million, if joe allen cost 15! There's no reason we couldn't have rambo and fellaini in our squad. We badly need more depth.

You shouldn't really use transfer fees to prove a point when Liverpool are the buyers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Ramsey was our most improved player last season. I don't know why so many love slating him, a good player to have in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ramsey was our best player in the second half of last season.

Before his injury he was better than Wilshere. I think he can get close to that again. Worst case scenario is he turns out to be a squad player. Selling him would be one of the most retarded things possible.

jordainius wrote: »
    Ramsey was our most improved player last season. I don't know why so many love slating him, a good player to have in the squad.

I wonder why too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is a stupid argument as we should not and won't be involved in player swaps in the first place.

What is annoying me is that we can't seem to get our business done with Higuain and it's getting to look pathetic for the club. The common denominator in these slow dealings is the penny-pinching that goes on with Arsenal. it far from our first time haggling over money and it's ridiculous at this stage.

This is a stupid argument as we should not and won't be involved in player swaps in the first place.

What is annoying me is that we can't seem to get our business done with Higuain and it's getting to look pathetic for the club. The common denominator in these slow dealings is the penny-pinching that goes on with Arsenal. it far from our first time haggling over money and it's ridiculous at this stage.
    spurs broke our transfer record again yesterday, don't really know where I'm going with this one.

spurs broke our transfer record again yesterday, don't really know where I'm going with this one.

Only early July relax would ya.

Wait til Spurs are paying for the new stadium. They werent determined to get to Stratford for nothing. The cheapskates that they are wanted the soft option but now that they have to live in the real world like the rest of us and pay a mortgage we will see if they can weather that storm anything like Arsenal who finished above them time and again with or without the help of lasagne

Only early July relax would ya.

Wait til Spurs are paying for the new stadium. They werent determined to get to Stratford for nothing. The cheapskates that they are wanted the soft option but now that they have to live in the real world like the rest of us and pay a mortgage we will see if they can weather that storm anything like Arsenal who finished above them time and again with or without the help of lasagne

I'm perfectly relaxed, I said I didn't know where I was going with that point, just not much else to talk about these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I wonder why too.

Oh right, so you also wonder why people have ridiculous expectations/blind dislike of Ramsey, glad to have cleared that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Henry penalty setup, improvement on Pires's attempt all those years ago :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement