Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

Should've be retaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Should've be retaken.

Why?

The guy who scored was too close when Henry touched the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

The guy who scored was too close when Henry touched the ball.

It's an exhibition match, played in a different spirit to normal games.

Technically yes, in this game? Never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

WASNT TOO CLOSE...

newbie2 wrote: »
    WASNT TOO CLOSE...

Think he meant he was close when he hit the actual layoff

WASNT TOO CLOSE...
    If you say so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

WASNT TOO CLOSE...

you know the reason for that arc at the top of the penalty box, tight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm not one to quote twitter... But anyway.

"Tim Vickery says Madrid are using "a mechanism to drive up the price a little bit" & expects the Higuain deal to happen."
    Make of it what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah the poor lad. It must have just dawned on him what he has let himself in for --

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5000917/Paulinho-in-tears-as-17m-Corinthians-to-Spurs-deal-is-sealed.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm not one to quote twitter... But anyway.

Make of it what you will.

This comes from this podcast, at about 16 minutes in.

tbh he kind of skirted the question a little bit in terms of the rumours of Real digging their heels in. However at the same time he was talking about it almost as if it was already a done deal, and proceeded to talk about what a good player he his etc. But in the end he does also say directly that he believes that the deal is a goer despite the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

dvemail wrote: »

Was just gonna post it, I say its lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Can't imagine suarez at arsenal. He's a talent but just doesn't fit with us.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Can't imagine suarez at arsenal. He's a talent but just doesn't fit with us.

It could certainly spice up the Arsenal/United games especially if Evra stayed around a while longer :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously? 30 million? We all know the Gunners are tight bastards but this is just an insult!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was just gonna post it, I say its lies.

The Times and Telegraph are lying?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mike65 wrote: »
    Seriously? 30 million? We all know the Gunners are tight bastards but this is just an insult!

Seems like little more than a token bid to say they tried at the end of the summer.

Does that mean Higuain is off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Why how much would you expect for him? Generally when a player wants out and makes it public as Suarez has it drives down the price.

Can't see it happening anyway I'd imagine it might have been a case of bidding to show Real who are playing hardball that Higuain isn't the only player they could go for if they wont budge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chris Bascombe broke the Shelvey to Swansea story last week. I'd be inclined to believe him on Liverpool related news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Got a link to the times?

It's probably just aimed at getting Madrid to budge but not sure what good it'll do since its just flat out rejected seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Just give Real the 30 mill for Higuain :-)

So.we bid for bender Rooney higuan and Suarez in one week, hmmmm right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seems like little more than a token bid to say they tried at the end of the summer.

Does that mean Higuain is off?

Could have been an offer that we knew Liverpool would refuse but be a message to Real to stop messing about and agree the Higuain deal. Then again Arsene could have hit the zambucas and it was a drunken prank :p

Definitely don't see Suarez as an Arsenal player.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got a link to the times?

It's probably just aimed at getting Madrid to budge but not sure what good it'll do since its just flat out rejected seemingly.

LFC thread.

I reckon so as well.

edit -

BOmi3jWCQAAY8qG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So.we bid for bender Rooney higuan and Suarez in one week, hmmmm right...

Exciting isn't it? :p

Exciting isn't it? :p

Its definitely a change for us fans. In previous seasons our transfer news consisted of who was going to be stripped away from the squad. Normally our captain!

The only sign this will give real is that we have 30 million to spend on a striker, wouldn't really help with our negotiations.

The only sign this will give real is that we have 30 million to spend on a striker, wouldn't really help with our negotiations.

OK so it must have been a drunken prank ;)

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Its definitely a change for us fans. In previous seasons our transfer news consisted of who was going to be stripped away from the squad. Normally our captain!

The hunted becomes the hunter! :D

Offering 30 mil for suarez is derisory at best, always going to be rebuffed. I'd prefer him, bites and all, to rooney. But I Still want higuain most of all.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Offering 30 mil for suarez is derisory at best, always going to be rebuffed. I'd prefer him, bites and all, to rooney. But I Still want higuain most of all.

Ah jaysus i dont know thats a serious financial gamble if you ask me as he is a flaming nutter. He could give 2 months out suspended for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Am I the only one who'd love Suarez??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Of Suarez, Rooney and Higuain, Suarez is surely the best of the 3 by a good distance, no? Seemed to be at a similar level to the RVP, Bale, Falcao's of the world rather than the level below where I'd have Rooney and Higuain

Yeah his discipline issues affect his valuation but if wenger was willing to spend on him then he must think he can tame the mad beast that he is so therefore he should be offering within the range that liverpool have indicated he's worth. I think it was either an offer designed to get up madrids noses, or to make the club look ambitious, or that there never was an offer for the player. So much bull**** reported in silly season it's hard to wade through it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If you're just looking at his ability, then of course it is, but with all the baggage that comes with him and I'm sure will continue to do so, it's more than enough. That said, Liverpool won't sell him to Arsenal and won't sell him at that price. I think it could be a bluff to show Madrid that we have other targets than Higuain and if they don't stop playing hardball, we won't be buying. Here's hoping anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Starting to get that familiar sinking feeling during the summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

gosplan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who'd love Suarez??

The Facebook meltdown from the Pool heads would be hilarious

• Advertisement

Starting to get that familiar sinking feeling during the summer...

I don't get it??

Is it all the 20-30 million bids or the fact that no-one's in for our best players that's reminding you of past summers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

30 million is a bit much :confused: Definitely not worth that, especially considering all the baggage he brings. 25 million at a stretch is all I would give for him and even at that he wouldn't be worth it. Would cause too many problems.

It's probably just a ploy to get Real to move things along. We appear to be the only club in for Higuain now and from what I've read Real need the cash before they can buy Bale or Suarez. Us bidding for Suarez might panic them into moving the deal a bit faster as they could end up with only Bale as their prime target and Higuain still on their books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I don't get it??

Is it all the 20-30 million bids or the fact that no-one's in for our best players that's reminding you of past summers?
    All them bids are only alleged bids. Nothing has been confirmed by any of the clubs, and all we do know for certain is that we signed an injury stricken French prospect.

The one big thing this summer that is different is that we are not in a battle to keep our best player and captain, but Wenger had the good sense to foresee this issue happening again so he gave it to TV. Some could argue that we've no top world class talent left to interest the "Big" clubs anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Haven't Liverpool confirmed we bid for Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If the offer is real, I think it was just a case of letting Liverpool know we are interested and testing the waters to see how they responded. They seemingly rejected it outright but could have just as easily turned around and said £xxm and he is yours. Since they didnt give a price, I'm guessing we'll maybe make one more bid and then be done unless it's close to what Liverpool want. An outright rejection and we wont be trying again.

While it would also show Madrid we have other potential targets, I doubt that was the sole intention, if it happened at all.

Considering we have been telling everyone we have potentially £100m, I dont see how this makes any difference. Transfers like this are rarely paid in one lump sum anyway.

Quazzie wrote: »
    All them bids are only alleged bids. Nothing has been confirmed by any of the clubs, and all we do know for certain is that we signed an injury stricken French prospect.

The one big thing this summer that is different is that we are not in a battle to keep our best player and captain, but Wenger had the good sense to foresee this issue happening again so he gave it to TV. Some could argue that we've no top world class talent left to interest the "Big" clubs anymore.

I'd believe the Higuain and Bender bids.

Don't really know anything about this Suarez one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

There was a bid no disputing that ..this guy is water tight (James Pearce)
    Liverpool Echo ‏@LivEchoLFC 11m Confirmed by @JamesPearceEcho - #lfc have rejected £30m bid by Arsenal for Luis Suarez - story to follow

Those saying that he is not worth it is just laughable.

Will he be an Arsenal player ...not a chance.

Is this a ploy to push along the Hig deal? ....Probably but silly tactic if true.

Do Liverpool want rid ...... imo Yes!

Do the majority of LFC fans want rid?..... No

Would he improve AFC ... imo immensely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I don't get it??

Bidding large money while it being still well under a players valuation is a great way to say "hey look fans, we are trying to buy people" while knowing your bids will never be accepted. Wenger and Co. must be on crack if though their £30m bid would have been accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Quazzie wrote: »

Koscielny was attracting interest from both Bayern and Barcelona only a few weeks ago. Or are those two not considered "big"?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Koscielny was attracting interest from both Bayern and Barcelona only a few weeks ago. Or are those two not considered "big"?
    In terms of the levels of tapping, and progressive media stories about players wanting out etc, I'd consider them stories to be just tabloid talk. Probably genuine, but in relative terms just tabloid talk.

Leiva wrote: »
    There was a bid no disputing that ..this guy is water tight (James Pearce)

Those saying that he is not worth it is just laughable.

Will he be an Arsenal player ...not a chance.

Is this a ploy to push along the Hig deal? ....Probably but silly tactic if true.

Do Liverpool want rid ...... imo Yes!

Do the majority of LFC fans want rid?..... No

Would he improve AFC ... imo immensely.

He is missing for a quarter of next season. If we bought him and he played for three years with us, then thats a twelvth of his Arsenal career spent suspended, and that doesn't include any future bans/suspensions etc. He might be worth more, but whilst he's suspended it does affect his price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement