Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

jonny666 wrote: »
    And Jovetic seems to be heading to City. Hope we arent left holding our dicks at the end of it all

We won't be, I'm quitely confident that Bendtner will leave ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The more the lack of signings continues the more i'm inclined to believe that we're in for Rooney. I feel they are waiting for him to have his talks with Moyes before making their move.

I would not be happy with Rooney at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Everyone chill.

Higuain will happen. We are in posturing mode at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We're short a centre back though, especially if these reports about Vermaelen beig injured are true. Would like a combative midfielder too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Frimpong is injured again for anyone interested, said he's probably out for 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm gonna try and catch the Vietnam game. Was hoping I'd have a picture with all the new signings to post, but as it stands I don't think I'll be going crazy chasing down Sanogo! Doubt I'll get near the players either way.

Will Sanogo even be there ? He's still in Turkey with the French U20s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Early days yet. No panic.

Can't wait for us to just get back to watching Arsenal matches again.

The transfer gossip is fcuking mind numbing drivel.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Frimpong is injured again for anyone interested, said he's probably out for 3 weeks

Its a pity because even if he could play on this Asian tour it would keep him in Wenger's mind and he'd have his stage to shine. I think he has enormous raw potential. Really think if he could stay fit he'd have cemented his place long by now

• Advertisement

Its a pity because even if he could play on this Asian tour it would keep him in Wenger's mind and he'd have his stage to shine. I think he has enormous raw potential. Really think if he could stay fit he'd have cemented his place long by now

You think? I'm on the fence with the lad. Not too sure if he is positionaly aware enough from what he produced before

HazDanz wrote: »
    You think? I'm on the fence with the lad. Not too sure if he is positionaly aware enough from what he produced before

He is young though. The likes of Arteta might prove a calming influence on him in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So, what's happening to our #4 shirt!

Fans being deterred from getting Mertesacker on the back, so looks like someone else will be wearing it this season!

Djourou only lasted 4 mins in his Hamburg debut, ACL injury, poor lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I like Frimpong myself he was arguably our best player against Liverpool a few years back up until he was red carded, gave us a bit of steel in the middle of the park. Only for a few serious injuries he would be a regular in our squad and maybe even our starting XI.

jester77 wrote: »

Fans being deterred from getting Mertesacker on the back, so looks like someone else will be wearing it this season!

Djourou only lasted 4 mins in his Hamburg debut, ACL injury, poor lad.

:(

I genuinely feel bad for Djourou who like Diaby has been very unlucky in this regard. What happens now? Do Hamburg send him back to us?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Frimpong's career at Arsenal is over imo.

• Advertisement

Frimpong's career at Arsenal is over imo.

That injury could certainly be the final nail in the coffin. Then again Wenger done a u-turn on Flamster some years back.

We won't be, I'm quitely confident that Bendtner will leave ;)

Hopefully the tool will finally realise that both himself and his massive ego are worth a combined total of -€50k a week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

keano_afc wrote: »
    We're short a centre back though, especially if these reports about Vermaelen beig injured are true. Would like a combative midfielder too.

With a back problem again I think. Wasn't it back problems that kept him out last season too? I don't think he is ever Goina come back to his best. Wonder will they take the captaincy off him this season? Can we have captain who doesn't make the team??

How is Sanogo currently getting on against Ghana in the u20 world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

So far as I can make out from all the rumours so far is that we're getting Higuain, Fabregas and Felliani for the first team and then we're getting Suarez, Rooney and Barry to bolster our Carling Cup squad.

Could be better but it'll have to do I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

jester77 wrote: »

You heard it from Pepe LeFrits first a few days back!
    It's (the number 2 shirt) going to Per so Cesc can have number 4 when he returns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I posted this rumour yesterday, surely there is no truth in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I posted this rumour yesterday, surely there is no truth in it?

You're the one who made it up so you should know!

only messing :)

I doubt he will come back after only one season tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

You're the one who made it up so you should know!

only messing :)

I doubt he will come back after only one season tbh

Who, van Persie? Fàbregas has been gone since 2011, so you can't be talking about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Who, van Persie? Fàbregas has been gone since 2011, so you can't be talking about him.

Its two years :eek:

wtf?

I like our future midfielders -

Cazorla, Wilshere, Fabregas, Fellaini, Rooney, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby, Chamberain and we might sign a few others as there's plenty of time left. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I like our future midfielders -

Cazorla, Wilshere, Fabregas, Fellaini, Rooney, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby, Chamberain and we might sign a few others as there's plenty of time left. :):)

When are we getting Fabregas? I've heard a lot of rumours, but nothing concrete.

When are we getting Fabregas? I've heard a lot of rumours, but nothing concrete.

Sure it was in the newspapers, has to be true :rolleyes:

We have him in the bag along with Higuain.

Source: My dream last night

HazDanz wrote: »
    We have him in the bag along with Higuain.

Source: My dream last night

If you had to sleep a little longer im sure Messi would have inevitably followed

• Advertisement

Are we actually in for any player at all? Have we any proof that we have bid for anyone?
    We got Sonogo on a free and so far that's all we have.
    Are we being fed the same old s*** we have been fed for years? Like in the Jan transfer window we were told we were in for replacements but then Gibbs was injured and we got Monrael. Then when we didn't buy Wenger came out with the story that there was no value around and that's why we didn't buy.
    Is that going to happen again I wonder? My London friends are very sceptical about the whole transfer war-chest we are supposed to have and reckon Gazildes is a bluffer and only interested in profits like his American buddy, Kronke.

I myself think we will buy one good player and that's it. Maybe Rooney who I don't like.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are we actually in for any player at all? Have we any proof that we have bid for anyone?
    We got Sonogo on a free and so far that's all we have.
    Are we being fed the same old s*** we have been fed for years? Like in the Jan transfer window we were told we were in for replacements but then Gibbs was injured and we got Monrael. Then when we didn't buy Wenger came out with the story that there was no value around and that's why we didn't buy.
    Is that going to happen again I wonder? My London friends are very sceptical about the whole transfer war-chest we are supposed to have and reckon Gazildes is a bluffer and only interested in profits like his American buddy, Kronke.

I myself think we will buy one good player and that's it. Maybe Rooney who I don't like.

I think we've at least inquired if not made bids for all the players we've been repeatedly linked to (Fellaini, Rooney, Higuain and even Suarez) but I'll be surprised at this stage if we sign more than one of those. I still think (hope) Higuain will happen but really can't see Saurez or Rooney coming. I think Fellaini could easily come if they stump up the cash too but at this stage I'm starting to wonder if all the talk about money was a load of hot air to keep the fans happy.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think we've at least inquired if not made bids for all the players we've been repeatedly linked to (Fellaini, Rooney, Higuain and even Suarez) but I'll be surprised at this stage if we sign more than one of those. I still think (hope) Higuain will happen but really can't see Saurez or Rooney coming. I think Fellaini could easily come if they stump up the cash too but at this stage I'm starting to wonder if all the talk about money was a load of hot air to keep the fans happy.

Perez has told Sky Sports that R. Madrid have NOT had any bid for Higuain from Arsenal. None. Why would he lie if there was a bid? Doesn't make sense.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8813895/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-say-Arsenal-have-made-no-bid-for-Gonzalo-Higuain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Am i right in saying there will more than likely not be any signings during our tour of Asia, so will probably be waiting to hear something until its over? Or did we make signings last season during it, i cant remember? Podolski & Giroud were done before it last year, weren't they? and Cazorla after?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That perez news is old news and gamesmanship from Madrid. If we don't make signings this summer I reckon the fans will really turn on wenger. I'm hopeful we'll have an announcement soon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We've bid for bender and suarez anyway by all accounts.

Who's to know what's really going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

chavhack_zps4e394fba.jpg

Looks like the Chelsea USA megastore was hacked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

How is Sanogo currently getting on against Ghana in the u20 world cup?

I did watch it but the won & the final is on sunday, v Uruguay
    TheBza wrote: »
    Am i right in saying there will more than likely not be any signings during our tour of Asia, so will probably be waiting to hear something until its over? Or did we make signings last season during it, i cant remember? Podolski & Giroud were done before it last year, weren't they? and Cazorla after?

they are having a training camp in Japan & are away for nearly 3 weeks (Arteta comments on Arseblog) so I wouldn't be surprised if someone is signed during it and flies out to meet up with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I did watch it but the won & the final is on sunday, v Uruguay

Uruguay only got through v Iraq on peno's :eek: In fairness Iraq must have a decent crop considering the country was fairly war torn in recent history

Fellaini could well prove to be this new number 4 thats rumoured.

What's our front 5 gonna be next season? Obviously it'll be Cesc, Higuain, Rooney and Cazorla but will it be Podolski or Walcott making up the numbers?

Uruguay only got through v Iraq on peno's :eek: In fairness Iraq must have a decent crop considering the country was fairly war torn in recent history

Fellaini could well prove to be this new number 4 thats rumoured.
    Iraq have been doing very well recently. It's funny how politics work.

Iraq have been doing very well recently. It's funny how politics work.

As Dunphy once ranted, "for the beautiful game to thrive we need poverty and dictatorship Bill. Theres no one out playing football on the streets like John Giiiiillleeeeessss used to"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What's our front 5 gonna be next season? Obviously it'll be Cesc, Higuain, Rooney and Cazorla but will it be Podolski or Walcott making up the numbers?

Play them all and just outscore the opposition, we'll be grand :D

As Dunphy once ranted, "for the beautiful game to thrive we need poverty and dictatorship Bill. Theres no one out playing football on the streets like John Giiiiillleeeeessss used to"

:D
    Ya just know he was fishing for Giles to repay the compliment :P
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Play them all and just outscore the opposition, we'll be grand :D
    Ah come on, we have to leave one of them out so we can have either Arteta or Fellaini to provide a holding role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ah come on, we have to leave one of them out so we can have either Arteta or Fellaini to provide a holding role.

Do we really need defenders?

Szczesny

Arteta -- Fellaini -- Wilshere
    Cazorla --- Fabregas
    Walcott
    Podolski
    Suarez -- Rooney
    Higuain

Guess we could leave one out against the bigger teams and play Koscielny? Ramsey, Gundogan and Jovetic will have to make do with a place on the bench. :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Guess we could leave one out against the bigger teams and play Koscielny?

I dunno, I don't think it'd be good for Chesney's confidence if he was dropped for Laurent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Higuain??? it sounds as if we wont buy him anymore according to Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Higuain??? it sounds as if we wont buy him anymore according to Real Madrid

Any new quotes on this or is it from few days ago?

Team fly out today and not one quality signing made, plus santi is still on his holiday so expect to see him late back, please arsenal do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Wonder when the first press conference is out there?
    They'll be some sort of info from Wenger then

if he denies knowing the player or does the thing where he tries to play it down/be respectful to the other team but still can't stop himself smiling (if you watch the press confs. you'll know what i mean), you know there's something in it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement