Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

dorgasm wrote: »
    You must have been following him before he turned it private. Once he goes private, all his new followers must be approved by him. I can't see any of his tweets, followers or people he's following. Hopefully I'll get approved though, he's always been one of the most reliable sources.

Hmmm yeah perhaps that's it. Only started following him a few weeks ago I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

You must have been following him before he turned it private. Once he goes private, all his new followers must be approved by him. I can't see any of his tweets, followers or people he's following. Hopefully I'll get approved though, he's always been one of the most reliable sources.

Yeah that's it. I started following him while ago when he was still public. Then when people started to realise who he was he went private but left anyone following him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone know how reliable radio marca are? There claiming Monreal is flying to London for negotiations.

I have no idea who Monreal is just glad were making moves if true.

Edit: report claiming its a 10 million deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Anyone know how reliable radio marca are? There claiming Monreal is flying to London for negotiations.

Seen that there. He's Malagas LB. I've seen bits of him when Malaga play on Sky Sports and he seems pretty good! Good going forward. Main thing is, HE'S BETTER THAN SANTOS. Thank Flip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Marca is the no 1 sports paper in Spain so I imagine Radio Marca is an internet off-shoot - pretty reliable I would have thought for something like this.

They have a heavy pro R Madrid anti Barca bias though, so anything involving those clubs I'd take with a pinch of salt.

Euro I imagine? Anyone know anything about him? Rated 79 in fifa, that's all I got.:pac:

[edit] also, great name.

Seen that there. He's Malagas LB. I've seen bits of him when Malaga play on Sky Sports and he seems pretty good! Good going forward. Main thing is, HE'S BETTER THAN SANTOS. Thank Flip!

Yeh from what im reading a lot of people claiming he is good enough to be our first choice LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Really hope Monreal becomes a done deal, Diame would be brilliant too but will have to wait on that one. Villa looks like its off but still hopeful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacho_Monreal

have a quick look

edit,
    somebody keeps fcuking with the page and somebody else keeps correcting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Interesting stat I found earlier:

Number of games we lost last year with Santos at LB: 3 (including the Blackburn game where Song and Kos scored two own goals)

Number of games we lost last year with Vermalen at LB: 2

Again, people are just trying to blame one player for us losing all the time but it isn't down to one or two players. Saying that it is oversimplifies the problems that the whole team has and prevents them from being fixed.

In reality, we need a whole new defense, none of them are good enough as is (some have potential) and until that happens we can pretty much expect much of the same for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

farna_boy wrote: »
    Interesting stat I found earlier:

Number of games we lost last year with Santos at LB: 3 (including the Blackburn game where Song and Kos scored two own goals)

Number of games we lost last year with Vermalen at LB: 2

Again, people are just trying to blame one player for us losing all the time but it isn't down to one or two players. Saying that it is oversimplifies the problems that the whole team has and prevents them from being fixed.

In reality, we need a whole new defense, none of them are good enough as is (some have potential) and until that happens we can pretty much expect much of the same for the rest of the season.

No one has blamed Santos on us loosing games :confused:

People have just stated how bad he is which is true, hes not good enough to wear an Arsenal jersey simple as. Yeh we need re inforcements in a lot of areas but he is the weakest link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Pity Monreal is cup tied if he is on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Haven't seen anything of Nacho Monreal is he the sort of player we need

wonga77 wrote: »
    Pity Monreal is cup tied if he is on the way

If I have the rules right, were allowed to register 1 player who has previously played in Europe this season for another club. Pretty sure that's the recent change to that rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Wenger leaving the training ground on SSN. Our deadline half-day has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Wenger off home by the look of it on sky sports news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wenger leaving the training ground on SSN. Our deadline half-day has started.

He's probably just on a half day today and is going home.

David Ornstein now also reporting the Monreal deal, also people saying he's a left sided Zabaleta could deal with that.

Damn work soon, ill be stalking twitter for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wenger off home by the look of it on sky sports news.

It's the ultimate bluff.

'You won't take 8 million for Villa? Right, fine, I'm going home. You'll see me do it on sky'

Then he hides behind his car and hopes his phone rings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

No one has blamed Santos on us loosing games :confused:

People have just sted how badly he is which is true, hes not good enough to wear an Arsenal jersey simple as. Yeh we need re inforcements in a lot of areas but he is the weakest link.

Yeah I know. It just seems that people seem to think that if we replace Santos/Gibbs all are defensive woes will be over which obviously won't be the case. You also have to wonder what will be the affect of bringing in a new player to a defense that already has problems communicating.

How the teams plays together seems to be a bigger problem at the moment. If we could fix that we would probably be much better off.

I think if we just played to our strengths and, for example, tried to catch teams on the counter attack, like we did for 10 minutes against West Ham, we wouldn't have any problem getting 4th.

For the record, I do think Santos is a potential liability, but it is just being overstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

gosplan wrote: »
    It's the ultimate bluff.

'You won't take 8 million for Villa? Right, fine, I'm going home. You'll see me do it on sky'

Then he hides behind his car and hopes his phone rings.

And maybe as part of the bluff we are using a lookilikey and thats who was in the car

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwHuKzAuDxC0fiab_V5WYq99hD4xeTko-m-QrAXMdTyfLtOkbTQg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Last minute BUY ALL THE PLAYERS!!! wishlist:

Stekelenburg
    Monreal
    Diame
    Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Santos off to Turkey apparently - the La Liga centre-back we were after Amb.... somebody wants to stay in Spain till the Summer

Stekelenburg

That seems to be a strange one all reports said he was getting a flight to London but was called back at the last minute as the deal for his replacement fell through.

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
    Full details here on Arsenal's deal for Nacho Monreal: http://bit.ly/14zXVx6 . £8.5m fee. Player has arrived in London for talks.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Santos off to Turkey apparently - the La Liga centre-back we were after Amb.... somebody wants to stay in Spain till the Summer

People in pepe's site saying he's known for his rash challenges and holds the record for red cards in la liga.

Pass.

They're now talking about Monreal on Sky, looking better now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm just going to go on the record and say ill call him Montreal from here on out just because I keep reading his name that way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nacho, nacho man, I want to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

gosplan wrote: »

People in pepe's site saying he's known for his rash challenges and holds the record for red cards in la liga.

Pass.
    He's known as the butcher of bilbao according to Arseblog :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is it Monreal or Unreal. Hope we get him though I have never even heard of him before. Spanish defenders are usually tough and no-nonsense so that's something anyway.

To all the twitter hates out there, remember that GeoffArsenal was the first to mention Monreal today. Just saying.

Arteta has helped Arsenal seem like a good option for Spanish players, first Santi and now Monreal. Also helps that we are taking full advantage of Malaga's financial woes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

To all the twitter hates out there, remember that GeoffArsenal was the first to mention Monreal today. Just saying.

Did we bid 30 million for him?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did we bid 30 million for him?

Haha you're one of them then?

Graham Hunter on SSN saying that we had agreed to sign Monreal for the end of the season a while ago but the Gibbs injury forced us to push for Monreal to come in this window.

Graham Hunter saying that Monreal has been learning English for months. Says there was an agreement for the past few months but it was for the end of the season. Apparently he's left Spain and is on his way here now. Take from that what you want.

That seems to be a strange one all reports said he was getting a flight to London but was called back at the last minute as the deal for his replacement fell through.

Sure just trun Mannone their way.

Arteta has helped Arsenal seem like a good option for Spanish players, first Santi and now Monreal. Also helps that we are taking full advantage of Malaga's financial woes.

They must hate us. Their version of Barca for us.

[edit]

Also
    Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe
    Monreal: Tidy, well-positioned, decent on ball, steady full back. I like him.

That'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Malaga have signed Vitorino Antunes to replace the outgoing left-back, Nacho Monreal who now looks certain to sign for #AFC.

Graham Hunter just said it on Sky too

• Advertisement

His replacement is on his way to Malaga. Some Portuguese lad, didn't catch his name. Seems to be a done deal. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'd put much more weight in what Sid Lowe says over Hunter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd put much more weight in what Sid Lowe says over Hunter.

I'm sure if we do go ahead and sign him Sid will give us a decent lowdown on the player on Football Weekly.

Medical passed apparently! Happy days lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

We're gonna win EVERYTHING now... or maybe just a game or two :)

Now for Villa.

That Gibbs injury may just be a blessing in disguise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
    Looks like our attempt to sign a Striker has failed. Sigh. Summer it is then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd love to raid them for Isco as well. Don't really need him but he's unreal.

Need an attacking option too AW... get on it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement