Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

BO6m4VHCYAApDgQ.jpg:large

top like is Fabregas' account, dreaming tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Id be up for a meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ill lose the plot if we dont get Higuain!!!!

You and me both mate. With him we'd be feared again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

A meet up sounds great. Only for the fact I live among the Scots now I would join.

So will we have a prediction sort thing for the transfer window for Arsenal -Maybe your top three things you think will happen?

Mine would be.....

1. We will sign Higuain after an extensive Perez trolling campaign.
    2. Bendy will be with us until the very end of the window and will go out on loan once more to some poor unsuspecting dutch or greek club.
    3. Barcelona/Bayern Munich will try weasel the Kos away from us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

HazDanz wrote: »
    A meet up sounds great. Only for the fact I live among the Scots now I would join.

So will we have a prediction sort thing for the transfer window for Arsenal -Maybe your top three things you think will happen?

Mine would be.....

1. We will sign Higuain after an extensive Perez trolling campaign.
    2. Bendy will be with us until the very end of the window and will go out on loan once more to some poor unsuspecting dutch or greek club.
    3. Barcelona/Bayern Munich will try weasel the Kos away from us.

You forgot that we would put in an increased offer for Suarez :D

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/gunners-increase-bid-for-suarez-29414598.html

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    top like is Fabregas' account, dreaming tonight :pac:

thats not him, his handle is Cesc4official I think. Just someone using the same avatar. I'll eat my hat if he comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

bad2dabone wrote: »
    thats not him, his handle is Cesc4official I think. Just someone using the same avatar. I'll eat my hat if he comes back.

Made the mistake too at first, but that's his official instagram account. Linked at the top of his twitter

Ahh cool. I'd better get some ketchup for my hat so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We'll need pictures before and after! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another Friday has arrived and still nobody of significance signed.
    We have no chance of landing Suarez lads.

The regular old con-job is still alive and well at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

€40 million for Suarez ? Yes, I think he's worth it. A little bit of a gamble in terms of his temperament but we know he can cut it in the EPL

Another Friday has arrived and still nobody of significance signed.
    We have no chance of landing Suarez lads.

The regular old con-job is still alive and well at Arsenal.

I think you need to rise above your cynicism - major purchases will happen this pre-season :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm quite confident as well. Just frustrating having to wait.

greendom wrote: »
    €40 million for Suarez ? Yes, I think he's worth it. A little bit of a gamble in terms of his temperament but we know he can cut it in the EPL

if we got him and higuain (i know i'm dreaming now) can you imagine.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nice to see Gazidis is in Asia working like a mad man to get transfers sorted no doubt :rolleyes:,

Is it not Dick Law and Order who gets transfers sorted? (or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is it not Dick Law and Order who gets transfers sorted? (or not)

Seems to be Sod's Law getting our transfers sorted these days.

Chelsea's welcome

BO9xk2nCMAAhLFv.jpg

Arsenal's Welcome :D.

BO9xZSoCQAECGeB.jpg

I'm really frustrated that we've not signed anyone so far, but i don't have a problem with Gazidis being in Asia, he's a commercial guy and as far as I can see he's doing a good job, the Puma deal and the Emirates deals are both impressive pieces of business.

But I don't think i can take 3 weeks of no signings. I think i'm cracking up. It might be time to turn off the internet for a few days.

I'm really frustrated that we've not signed anyone so far, but i don't have a problem with Gazidis being in Asia, he's a commercial guy and as far as I can see he's doing a good job, the Puma deal and the Emirates deals are both impressive pieces of business.

But I don't think i can take 3 weeks of no signings. I think i'm cracking up. It might be time to turn off the internet for a few days.

AFAIK Gazidis does have to finalize any deals and him being in Asia is not a good sign he should be in London imo.

• Advertisement

Yes Twitter really has a negative effect with the amount of stuff - (99% conjecture) that flies around. Might leave it for a couple of weeks.

AFAIK Gazidis does have to finalize any deals and him being in Asia is not a good sign he should be in London imo.

Is he due to be there for the whole tour ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

So Wanyama has gone to southampton for about 12.5 mill, were the bigger clubs ever interested or was it just paper talk i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

According to Kolo Toure, a move to Arsenal would be a step backwards for Suarez :pac::pac: What an idiot :rolleyes:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    According to Kolo Toure, a move to Arsenal would be a step backwards for Suarez :pac::pac: What an idiot :rolleyes:

How is going from Europa league football a step forward from Champions league football?

Kolo on something stronger than his wifes diet pills these days im guessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

How is going from Europa league football a step forward from Champions league football?

Kolo on something stronger than his wifes diet pills these days im guessing

To be fair considering he is a Liverpool player now its not surprising that he is making these comments. I really hope these Suarez stories are red herrings as I only see him causing disruption in the team if he is signed. Not to mention he is unavailable for the start of the season because of his ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm confidant we will sign at least one of Higuain, Suarez and Rooney. Which it'll be is anyone's guess.

And before anyone complains about them, they are all roughly the same level of quality, with Suarez being a little higher than the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Joe Cole said something similar when joining Liverpool, best/biggest club in the league blah blah.

Came out after his move to West Ham saying he never truly meant it.

Players will alwyas say stuff like that joining their new club.

Had Toure come straight from Arsenal I doubt he would have said what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

He would be an idiot not to say it, of course he has to blow some smoke to win over the fans.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Supposed quote from Wenger:
    "Suarez? As you know the transfer period demands secrets and confidentiality, so I can't answer the question." .

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Joe Cole said something similar when joining Liverpool, best/biggest club in the league blah blah.

Came out after his move to West Ham saying he never truly meant it.

Players will alwyas say stuff like that joining their new club.

Had Toure come straight from Arsenal I doubt he would have said what he did.
    I am pie wrote: »
    He would be an idiot not to say it, of course he has to blow some smoke to win over the fans.

Alot of that to be fair but Arsenal gave him his start in England and it does sound disrespectful to us and not true either considering we are in a far better place then Liverpool. I suppose though the reporters asked him the question straight about Suarez and he was put on the spot to give an answer. It had to be one to appease his new employers and it would have been suicide really to say 'Arsenal would be a good move for Luis' :D

greendom wrote: »
    Is he due to be there for the whole tour ?

There is no word on that, I sure hope not.

I see Wenger is being his usual top class politician when being asked questions about Suarez. I'm telling ya the man could run for goverment.

Since David Ornstein is so trusted, he's meant to get his source straight from Arsenal meaning he knows what they want him to know.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 46s Arsenal pursuing Higuain & Suarez in hope of signing one. No fee agreed on Higuain, probably need to pay £40m release clause for Suarez #afc

That would be sick payer 40 mil for Suarez.

Feel dirty after it.

So assuming we actually do have a real interest in signing Luiz, the bitey racist, Suarez how do you lot feel about it??
    I’d be shocked to see him in an arsenal shirt, I just can’t envision it. Sure he’s a quality player, but he’s not exactly classy is he?
    I dunno if I could warm to him.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Since David Ornstein is so trusted, he's meant to get his source straight from Arsenal meaning he knows what they want him to know.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 46s Arsenal pursuing Higuain & Suarez in hope of signing one. No fee agreed on Higuain, probably need to pay £40m release clause for Suarez #afc
    Suarez has a release clause?

He's worth £40m. I'd prefer Higuain, cleaner signing, but Suarez would be immense for us. Himself and Santi would be an exceptional combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So assuming we actually do have a real interest in signing Luiz, the bitey racist, Suarez how do you lot feel about it??
    I’d be shocked to see him in an arsenal shirt, I just can’t envision it. Sure he’s a quality player, but he’s not exactly classy is he?

I think it'd be brilliant. Just for all the sh1t it would cause.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely thats not true abouta release clause? Not really the done thing in the PL? Might have been part of his terms for signing in the first place though I suppose.

jonny666 wrote: »

If Evra was there next year and was up against him when we played Man U it would really really spice things up :D Like the good old days when Arsenal and United played each other with savage intensity.

jonny666 wrote: »

well from a pi$$ing my liverpool supporting Brother point of view off it would immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

well from a pi$$ing my liverpool supporting Brother point of view off it would immense.

ya haha and the thead here would go mad!

Arsenal as a club have been too nice recently. Its about time we had a bastard again! Plus when he's playing he is a nightmare for defenders.

I like to see Arsenal as a classy club and signing a scumbag like him would sit uncomfortably with me.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I like to see Arsenal as a classy club and signing a scumbag like him would sit uncomfortably with me.

aye but is he a scumbag because he'll do whatever it takes to win?
    He's a family man off the pitch.

or maybe i'm just making excuses for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I don't this train of thought at all about class - you're not peter hill wood or sir chips keswick, you're supporters

classy who really gives a fúck, class doesn't win trophies.
    nobody cared about class when Keown was going at v.nistelrooy or Fabregas was throwing pizza at Fergie

if Saurez is gettable, sign him as quickly as possible. Fantastic player, he's worth the potential trouble he might get into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Madrid have bought the young lad from sociedad for 39 millon euros. Might speed up the sale of higuain

I find it kind of odd that it seems much more folk are uneasy at the notion of Rooney due to attitude/potential disruption than they are of Suarez who's much worse in that regard imo. I'd gladly take either one them though (preferably Suarez).

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I don't this train of thought at all about class - you're not peter hill wood or sir chips keswick, you're supporters

nobody cared about class when Keown was going at v.nistelrooy or Fabregas was throwing pizza at Fergie

if Saurez is gettable, sign him as quickly as possible. Fantastic player, he's worth the potential trouble he might get into

But the strong counter argument is that he is no good off the pitch suspended and he has form in this regard. Also consider the money we are paying for him and the wages he'll get. A potential £40m for a player who'll miss the first few games of the season. Great player he may be but a huge huge risk factor involved. You have to allow the fact there could possibly be a witch hunt on his back also

aye but is he a scumbag because he'll do whatever it takes to win?
    He's a family man off the pitch.

or maybe i'm just making excuses for him :)

He's a great player. It's the biting and racist sh*te that gets to me. The biting in particular across two clubs speaks for itself.
    batistuta9 wrote: »

Disagree. You cannot lump throwing Pizza or squaring up to someone on the pitch to a lad who bites and has been unforgiven about racist slurs.

Class doesn't win trophies but for me keeping a clean club image, which it has at the moment is pretty important. Why go for a guy with a load of baggage when we can, for the money being thrown around get someone who could deliver who would not bring that wild dog streak with them?

Get Suarez and Balotelli as our front two and watch the fireworks go off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

But the strong counter argument is that he is no good off the pitch suspended and he has form in this regard. Also consider the money we are paying for him and the wages he'll get. A potential £40m for a player who'll miss the first few games of the season. Great player he may be but a huge huge risk factor involved. You have to allow the fact there could possibly be a witch hunt on his back also

This really won't come into it much if at all, we could spend 80m on player and he could miss the first few games. If Arsenal are planning right it will be with medium to long term goals.

I do think his rep worldwide is sketchy and at a time when we are pushing on commercially there is the fear he could cause some problems.

In saying that I would have him NP

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement