Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

He cheats, he dives, he hates the Jackson 5, Suarez, Suarez!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭ronjo

I was reading the Liverpool thread to see opinions there on the Suarez situation and there always seems to be talk about player X who is as a super CAM in Dutch league or player Y who is a DM but has the qualities to be a CM in the Ukrainian second division.

You don't really see those types of conversations here

Are they more knowledgable? Complete nerds who study football games everywhere? Or just total bull****ters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

batistuta9 wrote: »
    John Terry hasn't stopped kids supporting Chelsea or them getting a good 10 year kit deal - hate figure right there, Giggs antics off field didn't stop Man U getting great deals. Real Madrid have a few unlikeable players they're hardly in taters financially

Of course Woods' earnings aren't the same as the height of his fame - why would they be if he's not at the top anymore?

this thing about it effecting income is being blown out of all proportion, companies want to be associated with winning teams, kids start supporting winning teams, something Saurez could push arsenal towards

:pac::pac: talk about blowing my words out of proportion were did I say "taters financially"? I said it would effect financial matters not leave them in taters huge difference ;).

Giggs isn't a hate figure nor is Terry for that matter to the same degree as Suarez either and to try say they are is naive. As for Real I wouldn't say they have a few unlikable players.

As for Tiger Woods I never said he was I answered an argument that was aimed at my point :confused: I don't watch golf find watching paint dry more entertaining.

Suarez could do yes hence why I said I'd take him as second choice but give me Higauin anyday of the week over him ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ronjo wrote: »
    I was reading the Liverpool thread to see opinions there on the Suarez situation and there always seems to be talk about player X who is as a super CAM in Dutch league or player Y who is a DM but has the qualities to be a CM in the Ukrainian second division.

You don't really see those types of conversations here

Are they more knowledgable? Complete nerds who study football games everywhere? Or just total bull****ters?

well for a start there's a lot more of them, look how quick they go through the threads

your right with all 3 assumptions
    some know their stuff
    some what an incredible amount of football (some gamblers watch a lot of games from different leagues)
    some are bullshíters letting on they know more than they do

& some i think look up stuff online to appear knowledgeable on the site

the above doesn't solely apply to l'pool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

They also play absurd amounts of FIFA and football manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

:pac::pac: talk about blowing my words out of proportion were did I say "taters financially"? I said it would effect financial matters not leave them in taters huge difference ;).

Giggs isn't a hate figure nor is Terry for that matter to the same degree as Suarez either and to try say they are is naive. As for Real I wouldn't say they have a few unlikable players.

As for Tiger Woods I never said he was I answered an argument that was aimed at my point :confused: I don't watch golf find watching paint dry more entertaining.

Suarez could do yes hence why I said I'd take him as second choice but give me Higauin anyday of the week over him ;).

i wasn't blowing your word out of proportion, i used that term myself, not saying you said it

It would effect sfa if Saurez led arsenal to the top trophies (PL or CL) or any fúcking trophy

You know the deal L'pool signed with Warrior, one of the biggest in the league was signed after the the whole Saurez-Evra incident & after the FA charges against him & after the next league meeting with the handshake stuff

terry isn't a hate figure, are you serious, he's probably the most hated person playing the PL
    Pepe & Ramos everyones favourite loveable rouges :pac:
    Giggs may not be a hate figure, actually i think hate figure is way too strong a term to apply to any footballer mentioned including Saurez but what he did wasn't the best of things to be associated to one of your players, a supposed role model but did it effect the finances - nope

I don't watch golf either but know he's not as successful as he was - so it's not surprise if he's not doing as well financially on the commercial side of it

i wasn't blowing your word out of proportion, i used that term myself, not saying you said it

It would effect sfa if Saurez led arsenal to the top trophies (PL or CL) or any fúcking trophy

You know the deal L'pool signed with Warrior, one of the biggest in the league was signed after the the whole Saurez-Evra incident & after the FA charges against him & after the next league meeting with the handshake stuff

terry isn't a hate figure, are you serious, he's probably the most hated person playing the PL
    Pepe & Ramos everyones favourite loveable rouges :pac:
    Giggs may not be a hate figure, actually i think hate figure is way too strong a term to apply to any footballer mentioned including Saurez but what he did wasn't the best of things to be associated to one of your players, a supposed role model but did it effect the finances - nope

I don't watch golf either but know he's not as successful as he was - so it's not surprise if he's not doing as well financially on the commercial side of it

Well then maybe you should use it at more appropiate times ;), tater financially means your fcuked which I never implied.

I'd put Terry behind Suarez and to be honest I wouldn't want Arsenal as a club associated with either of them if I had a choice both terrific players but if there players of equal talent available I'd always pick them players above them.

Generally the only people I know who hate Ramos and Pepe are those that side on the Barca side when it comes to Spain.

How can you say it didn't for sure? How do you know in negotiations for the shirt deal with Warrior it wasn't mentioned? You can bet your ass they used that as leverage to get a better deal every multinational company with half a brain would when it comes to deals of that magnitude.

Fine on the Woods thing I don't really care I just answered something that was brought against me I don't really care about Woods or his money this is the Arsenal thread so be best of leaving Woods in the golf forum if there is one :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

TheBza wrote: »
    Sunday 14.45 kick off. Heres the times on Arsenal.com

edit: Thats Indonesia time, 8.30pm local time it says.

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team
    Looking at those fixtures is a little sobering - the restart of the league is not that far away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Plays on the attacking right typically for Brazil was seen to good effect in one match during the CC (Uruguay?) when he came on and gave the home side some zip. Only 20 loads of potential, would not be cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

From what i seen of him in the Confed Cup he looked quite handy and he was meant to be going to spurs at one point so i'd love if he got him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hate to break it to you but thats because Terry and Giggs are british. Had either been foreign they would get slaughtered just like surez.

Remember when Eduardo dived against Celtic? **** me the way the media went on about it, it was as if Eduardo slapped the player and while the player was on the floor, shouted racial abuse

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Boooo auto playing videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Imagine Totti & Gerv playing on the same team :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Took a peek in here and seen totti linked.

Back away not today disco lady......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Took a peek in here and seen totti linked.

Back away not today disco lady......

And this is why peeks are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Arsene ready to sign a new deal. I am happy about this but wish we had some other signings first

hate to break it to you but thats because Terry and Giggs are british. Had either been foreign they would get slaughtered just like surez.

Remember when Eduardo dived against Celtic? **** me the way the media went on about it, it was as if Eduardo slapped the player and while the player was on the floor, shouted racial abuse

You have a point on the Terry part but come on all Giggs done was rip off his missus in between being one of the most successful and loyal players of all time, who really gives a flying fcuk if he done the dirt.

Arseblog makes for some good reading today

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/07/wenger-looking-for-quality-not-quantity/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If anyone wants a laugh read the last few pages of this: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5e59edce4be3a2e33988d00df35e129a&topic=226802.14480

But go into it knowing they're mostly bat**** crazy, it'll annoy you otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RAWK Lurker in da House :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I expected worse tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

John Terry hasn't stopped kids supporting Chelsea or them getting a good 10 year kit deal - hate figure right there, Giggs antics off field didn't stop Man U getting great deals. Real Madrid have a few unlikeable players they're hardly in taters financially

Of course Woods' earnings aren't the same as the height of his fame - why would they be if he's not at the top anymore?

this thing about it effecting income is being blown out of all proportion, companies want to be associated with winning teams, kids start supporting winning teams, something Saurez could push arsenal towards

He is at the top. And he's probably doing much better now than last year when it comes to his finances. People forget, and they carry on with their lives.

I agree with you about Suarez. I don't think his accquisition would affect the younger supporters of the club. To be honest I can't see it being detrimental in anyway unless he went full nutter and bit off someone's head.

Looking at Suarez, as was mentioned in Arseblog a couple of weeks ago. The situations he was involved in were pretty much towards to the latter stages of the season, just like his last season at Ajax. Were these intentional? He was banned in the Eredivisie for biting, and never played for Ajax again after that charge. He's an intelligent guy, and is ambitious. I think he was was playing for a move away from Liverpool and has Spain in his sights.

I'd love for Arsenal to sign him, and for him to play to his full potential. He would be immense, but I feel he's in the Nicolas Anelka category. Immense talent, but when they feel they're too good for a club they'll play to be sold. This is my biggest fear for Suarez, if he was to sign. I don't think he would have the commitment to the club, only himself.

And lads, I'm fecking fed up with players that have sweet f#ck all commitment to the club!

AdamD wrote: »
    If anyone wants a laugh read the last few pages of this: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5e59edce4be3a2e33988d00df35e129a&topic=226802.14480

But go into it knowing they're mostly bat**** crazy, it'll annoy you otherwise.

Not actually as bad as I expected. Although some Liverpool fans really seem to waaay overrate him. Saying a 40m clause is comparable to 50m for Messi and that he is worth 80m. Riiiight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Not actually as bad as I expected. Although some Liverpool fans really seem to waaay overrate him. Saying a 40m clause is comparable to 50m for Messi and that he is worth 80m. Riiiight.

I agree plus you also have to take into account that Liverpool are a fairly average team at the moment, so that makes him look even better. He's too high risk and not worth near the money being mentioned. He is a talented player and if he didn't have the baggage he would be worth that money, but not when you take his attitude and discipline into account. He could be a liability for image of the club if he signed.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    I agree plus you also have to take into account that Liverpool are a fairly average team at the moment, so that makes him look even better. He's too high risk and not worth near the money being mentioned. He is a talented player and if he didn't have the baggage he would be worth that money, but not when you take his attitude and discipline into account. He could be a liability for image of the club if he signed.

In the wise words of Bronn:

I'd still take him no question as he is a great player. However all of the baggage has me leaning towards Higuain still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Id take either Suarez or Higuain tbh, elite players imo

Though getting Suarez on the back of an Arsenal jersey would be so much fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Sanogo is playing in the U20 World Cup final now on Eurosport.
    Kondogbia starts for France who has been linked with us also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

luis suarez over rated??????

2007 : Uruguay U20 played 4 scored (2)
    2012 : Uruguay U23 played 4 scored (3)
    2007–present : Uruguay played 69 scored (35)

entire career : league games 243 league goals 139 assists 55

he has an assist of 1 in 4.4
    scoring rate of 1 in 1.7

the guy is 26 and never injured

he misses games yes but the fact he is never injured means he still plays more than most top strikers

anyone who says he is over rated is blinded by the negative hype

everyone loves that he bit someone because until then the only thing people had to beat him with is hypocrisy.

diving, indiscipline and cheating are the things that arsenal where well known for 12 years ago. wenger use to not see things and even got his team to start training with a man less because reds where givin so often. pires freddy and henry dived ALOT. but its easy to forget these things when you want to hate the opposition.

take off the gooner glasses kids. arsenal would only be lucky to have a player of the class of suarez. i would even say he could battle henry for the position of legend if he went to arsenal. yes he gets into trouble but so do all the greats ala zidane pele gazza best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Paulegend wrote: »
    diving, indiscipline and cheating are the things that arsenal where well known for 12 years ago. wenger use to not see things and even got his team to start training with a man less because reds where givin so often. pires freddy and henry dived ALOT. but its easy to forget these things when you want to hate the opposition.

Bull****, absolute inane fcuking bull****. Pires dived against Portsmouth to win a penalty once, any other examples? You'll be very hard pressed to think of another example of Pires diving because he very rarely did it. He was villified for that ONE incident as that's the done thing when a foreigner does something wrong once.

Henry dived a lot?? That's bollocks.
    Ljungberg dived a lot? Again, bollocks.
    Arsenal weren't known for indiscipline, there was a big deal made of the red card count in the first 5 years of Wengers reign but they were never known as an indisciplined team. They were a physical team backboned by hard hitting characters such as Adams, Bould, Keown, Vieira, Parlour and Petit.

Well known for cheating? That's just blinkered bollocks coming from someone who just hates Arsenal.

And Wenger not seeing things?? Of course he saw them, he just doesn't criticise his players in public.

Your post is utter rubbish, you just hate Arsenal, the bias is insanely obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

sanogo won the u20 world cup with france tonight. hopefully his first of many trophies in the next few years ;-) he will soon fly back to london and have his photo shoot with the arsenal

he will make a nice 3rd place striker next season

jordainius wrote: »
    Bull****, absolute inane fcuking bull****. Pires dived against Portsmouth to win a penalty once, any other examples? You'll be very hard pressed to think of another example of Pires diving because he very rarely did it. He was villified for that ONE incident as that's the done thing when a foreigner does something wrong once.

Henry dived a lot?? That's bollocks.
    Ljungberg dived a lot? Again, bollocks.
    Arsenal weren't known for indiscipline, there was a big deal made of the red card count in the first 5 years of Wengers reign but they were never known as an indisciplined team. They were a physical team backboned by hard hitting characters such as Adams, Bould, Keown, Vieira, Parlour and Petit.

Well known for cheating? That's just blinkered bollocks coming from someone who just hates Arsenal.

And Wenger not seeing things?? Of course he saw them, he just doesn't criticise his players in public.

Your post is utter rubbish, you just hate Arsenal, the bias is insanely obvious.

pires dived all the time what the hell are you on about. time may have passed and memories may fade but facts stay the same. next youll be telling me andy gray is all for womens rights. pires was well known for his diving. he did it on a regular basis. he was ostrosised because he was CAUGHT once by the media. but that doesnt mean he didnt do it any other time. the guy went down more than a gigilo.
    this was a regular site. not a once off
    HATCHET-MAN-Hypocrite-Wenger-remember-divers-brought-Premier-League.html&h=297&w=468&sz=43&tbnid=FUB7hNWr-mBADM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=142&zoom=1&usg=__0Qq2n8f06H_DYPWc_uYH16oENmc=&docid=3sKmw0pNj8O8jM&sa=X&ei=UNXhUfDXEKn17AajvoCIBQ&ved=0CFkQ9QEwBA&dur=3359#imgdii=FUB7hNWr-mBADM%3A%3BSjFwIaOp-nZizM%3BFUB7hNWr-mBADM%3A

freddy and henry also dived quiet a bit. i could start showing youtube rubbish but that would make me childish......................

arsenal not indisciplined???? united versus arsenal???
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-522821/Arsenals-red-card-hall-shame-Arsene-Wenger.html

yes they where a hard physical team such as the stoke your fellow gunner fans love to criticise. of course thats not hypocrisy either??

but all taht aside youve overlooked the whole point in what i was saying. im not saying this because i hate arsenal. im saying this because i find idiots on here talking crap saying that suarez is over rated or not good enough or doesnt deserve to play the game even though arsenal have been just as guilty. its not about who is worse than who. its about luis suarez being world class and if he joined arsenal instead of liverpool im fully sure you and you goons would have a totally different veiw

that is why you are a hypocrit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

pires dived all the time what the hell are you on about.
    He didn't dive "all the time", that's a bull**** statement.
    time may have passed and memories may fade but facts stay the same.
    What facts? You mustn't know what the word "fact" means, look it up.
    next youll be telling me andy gray is all for womens rights
    What has Andy Gray got to do with anything? Why bring him up, oh wait, you've fallen into the trap of the Strawman argument. Oh dear...
    pires was well known for his diving.
    I've already called bull**** on this one. He dived once v Portsmouth, was crucified for it, and people like yourself never let it go.
    he did it on a regular basis.
    Any proof?? Nope.
    he was ostrosised because he was CAUGHT once by the media.
    Yeah, because the media miss 99% of all dives....:rolleyes: Yup, silly media, never highlighting diving....
    but that doesnt mean he didnt do it any other time.
    He may have had the odd one, but your assertion that he did it on a reguar basis is biased unsubstantiated garbage.

the guy went down more than a gigilo.
    More bollocks with an off handed attempt at humour, you're making this too easy for me.
    this was a regular site. not a once off
    HATCHET-MAN-Hypocrite-Wenger-remember-divers-brought-Premier-League.html&h=297&w=468&sz=43&tbnid=FUB7hNWr-mBADM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=142&zoom=1&usg=__0Qq2n8f06H_DYPWc_uYH16oENmc=&docid=3sKmw0pNj8O8jM&sa=X&ei=UNXhUfDXEKn17AajvoCIBQ&ved=0CFkQ9QEwBA&dur=3359#imgdii=FUB7hNWr-mBADM%3A%3BSjFwIaOp-nZizM%3BFUB7hNWr-mBADM%3A
    One picture?!! With no context?? No supporting video??? There's no proof of a dive there! Did your frantic searching of youtube come up with nothing?

Describe that incident. Go on, give us a factual run down of what happened there. Oh, wait, as I touched on earlier you don't really seem to fully grasp what "fact" means...
    freddy and henry also dived quiet a bit. i could start showing youtube rubbish but that would make me childish......................
    Yeah, that would make you childish.... I'll say it again, but your belief that Henry/Ljungberg dived a lot is absolute bollocks. But by all means, go ahead, post all of these videos which back your nonsense claims that you as of yet have not proven, go right ahead.
    arsenal not indisciplined???? united versus arsenal???
    A bitter mutual rivalry, shock horror. Won't somebody please think of the children????
    You like the Daily Mail do you?? As you know I already touched on Arsenal's red card record in Wenger's first 5/6 years, wasn't down to indiscipline, was down to a physical robust style of play,since Wenger moved away from that style of player to what we see today Arsenal have consistently been towards the top of the Fair Play League for the last ten years now.
    yes they where a hard physical team such as the stoke your fellow gunner fans love to criticise. of course thats not hypocrisy either??
    Where's the hypocrisy?? They're commonly acknowledged as a team that's not particularly pleasing on the eye? And no, they were nothing like Stoke, Arsenal married attacking football with physicality, Stoke marry physicality with set piece play. Not the same, and you know it. A bit more Strawman from you there.

but all taht aside youve overlooked the whole point in what i was saying. im not saying this because i hate arsenal. im saying this because i find idiots on here talking crap saying that suarez is over rated or not good enough or doesnt deserve to play the game even though arsenal have been just as guilty. its not about who is worse than who. its about luis suarez being world class and if he joined arsenal instead of liverpool im fully sure you and you goons would have a totally different veiw
    I never said a thing about Suarez, you'll notice I didn't quote or respond to the first part of your post. The first part of your post was valid, although you made the stupid mistake of generalising the views of some fans as though nobody wanted Suarez,and you went off on a rant against Arsenal and Arsenal fans, because as I've previously stated, you have a hatred of all things Arsenal and you will put a negative spin on all things Arsenal. Now that I think of it, pretty much all of your post was bollocks, not just the part I highlighted.
    Ah, try again buddy, you haven't proven a damn thing..... All you have done is make stupid assumptions, contrary to what you baselessly think, I'd be thrilled with the signing of Suarez, and I understand why others wouldn't be happy with his arrival. He is a divisive player, anyone who can't see and understand that is just plain stupid. But yeah, go ahead and make stupid assumptions about things I had not given an opinion on like Andy Gray and Stoke and Luis Suarez to name but three things you totally made up/imagined, go ahead, keep basing your argument on baseless assumptions, on thinking you know my views on things I've never spoken a word about, and keep basing your argument on generalisations and so on, in the meantime, I'll continue picking apart what you actually say, not what I assume you think, because as I have touched upon earlier, that word you don't seem to understand the meaning of; fact, I deal with facts, not what I imagine you think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You're both putting far too much effort into your posts over something pretty pointless.

True that, usually 3 lines does suffice, after that, might aswell be reading a book through a ditch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What has Andy Gray got to do with anything? Why bring him up, oh wait, you've fallen into the trap of the Strawman argument. Oh dear...

I've already called bull**** on this one. He dived once v Portsmouth, was crucified for it, and people like yourself never let it go.

Any proof?? Nope.

Yeah, because the media miss 99% of all dives....:rolleyes: Yup, silly media, never highlighting diving....

He may have had the odd one, but your assertion that he did it on a reguar basis is biased unsubstantiated garbage.

More bollocks with an off handed attempt at humour, you're making this too easy for me.

One picture?!! With no context?? No supporting video??? There's no proof of a dive there! Did your frantic searching of youtube come up with nothing?

Describe that incident. Go on, give us a factual run down of what happened there. Oh, wait, as I touched on earlier you don't really seem to fully grasp what "fact" means...

Yeah, that would make you childish.... I'll say it again, but your belief that Henry/Ljungberg dived a lot is absolute bollocks. But by all means, go ahead, post all of these videos which back your nonsense claims that you as of yet have not proven, go right ahead.

A bitter mutual rivalry, shock horror. Won't somebody please think of the children????
    You like the Daily Mail do you?? As you know I already touched on Arsenal's red card record in Wenger's first 5/6 years, wasn't down to indiscipline, was down to a physical robust style of play,since Wenger moved away from that style of player to what we see today Arsenal have consistently been towards the top of the Fair Play League for the last ten years now.

Where's the hypocrisy?? They're commonly acknowledged as a team that's not particularly pleasing on the eye? And no, they were nothing like Stoke, Arsenal married attacking football with physicality, Stoke marry physicality with set piece play. Not the same, and you know it. A bit more Strawman from you there.

I never said a thing about Suarez, you'll notice I didn't quote or respond to the first part of your post. The first part of your post was valid, although you made the stupid mistake of generalising the views of some fans as though nobody wanted Suarez,and you went off on a rant against Arsenal and Arsenal fans, because as I've previously stated, you have a hatred of all things Arsenal and you will put a negative spin on all things Arsenal. Now that I think of it, pretty much all of your post was bollocks, not just the part I highlighted.

Ah, try again buddy, you haven't proven a damn thing..... All you have done is make stupid assumptions, contrary to what you baselessly think, I'd be thrilled with the signing of Suarez, and I understand why others wouldn't be happy with his arrival. He is a divisive player, anyone who can't see and understand that is just plain stupid. But yeah, go ahead and make stupid assumptions about things I had not given an opinion on like Andy Gray and Stoke and Luis Suarez to name but three things you totally made up/imagined, go ahead, keep basing your argument on baseless assumptions, on thinking you know my views on things I've never spoken a word about, and keep basing your argument on generalisations and so on, in the meantime, I'll continue picking apart what you actually say, not what I assume you think, because as I have touched upon earlier, that word you don't seem to understand the meaning of; fact, I deal with facts, not what I imagine you think...
    HERO!!!

Any proof?? Nope.

i dont give two sh#ts about arsenal mate. you took offence to me using arsenal as an example for my "every team has skeletons in their closet" argument.

so you aknowledge that pires was a diver "He may have had the odd one" even though it was far more than the odd one, but you say that he wasnt known for it???

you say arsenal where an attacking team when they had the brutal force????? wow. i assure you mate. i dont know what age you are but the arsenal team you seem to recall are not the same as i do. i remember a strong physical spine to teh team with "technical" ability on the wings. the flair that came from pires and freddy was world class and added alot to the attack but arsenal as a team where more counter attack than attack. ye relied on alot of set pieces and early into wengers reign 1-0's where quiet common. maybe you just remember the invincibles side?? apart from a couple of great results it was always a tight game. jesus id say ye hold a record for the amount of draws as champs

i wish i could say id like to get back on topic but you seem to have taken this personally and gotten stroppy so im going to have to put you in your place

henry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGfyV_mgUk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbEIQDF0kM
    we wont bring up his professionalism in world cup qualifiers though lol thats a can of worms im sure none of us want to open

freddy (but this probably isnt him no??)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfN1lJzoUZM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAybak3uD3g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1jX17zAgxU

pires(but as you say he isnt known for it:rolleyes:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYuMHyzYK6c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0wh9HJ-BI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4muK9o_A2lc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjYjV9sA9s

the of course there are the others
    cesc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3nX3O2wRw
    eboue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnY1cRFFls8

hell i could go on forever so ill leave you with these last couple to show my point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscqFwUbfhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se2h0GCMozA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHOBdHyRfM

but wait no arsenal are not divers. pires was not known for it
    "The Daily Mirror called him "The best French diver since Jacques Cousteau" and Arsenal's Robert Pires really can't complain after adding a new dimension to football's increasingly popular art of simulation."
    thats how the telegraph started one paragraph on the man himself
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2421599/Despicable-divers-sink-to-new-depths.html

in fact here is a q&a where he aludes to his diving
    "Among English fans, flicking your own ankle to win a foul was known as ‘doing a Pires’. Were you aware of this? What did you make of the British view of diving compared to continental Europe?"
    Aidan Matthews, Isle of Wight
    "[Starts to laugh] I know, I know! But 
there was a foul everytime, you know! 
I remember one time when the ref gave me a penalty against Portsmouth. Everyone thought I had dived and no-one believed me that the defender touched me a bit. If he touches me, I’m going to fall – as if I was diving into a pool – but he’s touched me, so it’s a penalty. It’s my fault, but ultimately the ref decides. [FFT: Did English football change you?] Yes, yes, yes. I had to change. At times, when players were going to hit me I had to prepare myself for the impact and try 
to withstand it... but they did hit me!"
    http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/one-on-one/309/article.aspx

pires dives end of story. well known for it and always has been.

we agree that arsenal where a tough side. i and many others believe they where the stoke of the day but you think they where an attacking side. so thats a your word over mine. all i can do is point to the red cards and over zealous challenges that where dangerous challenges.

that all the proof you want you irritating tit??

i dont give two sh#ts about arsenal mate. you took offence to me using arsenal as an example for my "every team has skeletons in their closet" argument.

so you aknowledge that pires was a diver "He may have had the odd one" even though it was far more than the odd one, but you say that he wasnt known for it???

you say arsenal where an attacking team when they had the brutal force????? wow. i assure you mate. i dont know what age you are but the arsenal team you seem to recall are not the same as i do. i remember a strong physical spine to teh team with "technical" ability on the wings. the flair that came from pires and freddy was world class and added alot to the attack but arsenal as a team where more counter attack than attack. ye relied on alot of set pieces and early into wengers reign 1-0's where quiet common. maybe you just remember the invincibles side?? apart from a couple of great results it was always a tight game. jesus id say ye hold a record for the amount of draws as champs

i wish i could say id like to get back on topic but you seem to have taken this personally and gotten stroppy so im going to have to put you in your place

henry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGfyV_mgUk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbEIQDF0kM
    we wont bring up his professionalism in world cup qualifiers though lol thats a can of worms im sure none of us want to open

freddy (but this probably isnt him no??)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfN1lJzoUZM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAybak3uD3g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1jX17zAgxU

pires(but as you say he isnt known for it:rolleyes:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYuMHyzYK6c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0wh9HJ-BI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4muK9o_A2lc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjYjV9sA9s

the of course there are the others
    cesc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3nX3O2wRw
    eboue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnY1cRFFls8

hell i could go on forever so ill leave you with these last couple to show my point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscqFwUbfhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se2h0GCMozA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHOBdHyRfM

but wait no arsenal are not divers. pires was not known for it
    "The Daily Mirror called him "The best French diver since Jacques Cousteau" and Arsenal's Robert Pires really can't complain after adding a new dimension to football's increasingly popular art of simulation."
    thats how the telegraph started one paragraph on the man himself
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2421599/Despicable-divers-sink-to-new-depths.html

in fact here is a q&a where he aludes to his diving
    "Among English fans, flicking your own ankle to win a foul was known as ‘doing a Pires’. Were you aware of this? What did you make of the British view of diving compared to continental Europe?"
    Aidan Matthews, Isle of Wight
    "[Starts to laugh] I know, I know! But 
there was a foul everytime, you know! 
I remember one time when the ref gave me a penalty against Portsmouth. Everyone thought I had dived and no-one believed me that the defender touched me a bit. If he touches me, I’m going to fall – as if I was diving into a pool – but he’s touched me, so it’s a penalty. It’s my fault, but ultimately the ref decides. [FFT: Did English football change you?] Yes, yes, yes. I had to change. At times, when players were going to hit me I had to prepare myself for the impact and try 
to withstand it... but they did hit me!"
    http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/one-on-one/309/article.aspx

pires dives end of story. well known for it and always has been.

we agree that arsenal where a tough side. i and many others believe they where the stoke of the day but you think they where an attacking side. so thats a your word over mine. all i can do is point to the red cards and over zealous challenges that where dangerous challenges.

that all the proof you want you irritating tit??

Holy good lantern I need my glasses for this one.

Can we go back to the transfer rumors or something? :pac:

I thought I was having a bad Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Comparing Wengers team a decade or so ago to Stoke of today?

I can't believe my game of thrones post only got one thanks. ****ing disgraceful.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Can we go back to the transfer rumors or something? :pac:

We've supposedly called a press conference for midday tomorrow if it's any consolation.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We've supposedly called a press conference for midday tomorrow if it's any consolation.

Anything to end these diving novel's!

Was it only announced today? If it is that last minute it could be something. Press Conferences are usually announced more in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

No red cards since Feb 18th 2008 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I thought I was having a bad Saturday night.

I can just see paulegend up till 3Am frantically searching YouTube and composing his magnum opus. "wait until those Gooners read this, I'll show them, I'll show them all!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Whats the situation with regards Arsenal and Julio Cesar are they going to sign him or what or are they afraid to splash the cash for the conf cup keeper of the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whats the situation with regards Arsenal and Julio Cesar are they going to sign him or what or are they afraid to splash the cash for the conf cup keeper of the tournament?
    His wages are massive, and a lot more than we're willing to pay for what is essentially a back up keeper.

I think he has agreed a season long loan deal to an Italian club iirc

I got bored reading but basically youre talking out of your hole ;), no one here said Suarez was over rated or not good enough everyone pretty much agreed he was class there was just disputes over whether he be good for the club or not. So you might want to re read and re think your idiot statement before you label all Liverpool fans idiots :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Is the press conference not just a normal pre match one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement