Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonny666 wrote: »
    Is the press conference not just a normal pre match one?

Could be, I think some internet spoofer might have made the whole thing up anyway :pac:

Clutching at straws now but Sunday world reporting Higuain deal's not dead yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Could be, I think some internet spoofer might have made the whole thing up anyway :pac:

I really don't think it's dead either - it depends on who Madrid can bring in. Ibrahimovic for example has said that he won't play with Cavani. If true it could lead to a whole chain reaction of transfers around Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I got bored reading but basically youre talking out of your hole ;), no one here said Suarez was over rated or not good enough everyone pretty much agreed he was class there was just disputes over whether he be good for the club or not. So you might want to re read and re think your idiot statement before you label all Liverpool fans idiots :p.

loads of people said he was over rated and said they would prefer rooney:rolleyes:

anyway all i was saying is that he is a player that would definitly suit arsenal but i doubt arsenal could pay the cash that would be needed. out of last seasons top scoreres you will definitly have suarez and rvp up there again. you may have bale but you wont have the likes up benetke. suarez is definitly worth alot of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Arsenal are more than able to pay for suarez. Whether we will or not is another matter entirely.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Paulegend wrote: »
    loads of people said he was over rated and said they would prefer rooney:rolleyes:

Not one poster said they would prefer Rooney from what I can see, not one. A few said they'd prefer Higuain though and had reservations about the baggage Suarez could bring but that's it and even then there was more posters with reservations about Rooney being a disruptive influence on the team. I even remarked the other day I found it strange that people had more reservations about Rooney than Suarez in that regard.

I think he'd be a great signing, if it wasn't for the bans he got last year he would have been top scorer in the league imo. I can't see it happening though, there's no doubt Arsenal could afford him, it's more a question of will they stump up that much cash for one player.

• Advertisement

Apparently Verm is keeping the captaincy once he's fit?

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/07/no-change-of-captain-as-wenger-backs-vermaelen/

Seems strange, Kosc and Mert are our best partnership imo, I'm delighted Verm is staying but he needs to earn his place back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

If he is not bothered, as in dragging his feet about joining us then we should look for someone else. What is the point in buying a player who is not that enthusiastic about the club.....just a mercenary? Arsenal should learn from the past and not be left at the close of the window with nobody decent again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    If he is not bothered, as in dragging his feet about joining us then we should look for someone else. What is the point in buying a player who is not that enthusiastic about the club.....just a mercenary? Arsenal should learn from the past and not be left at the close of the window with nobody decent again.

He wants to join, its arsenal who are messing him around.

Well going by the rumours it's not Higuain holding up the deal but Ancelotti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Arsenal team for todays match: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Miquel, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Gnabry, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Akpom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wonder who out of Gnabry, Ox and Walcott will play CAM? Excited to see Gnabry and Akpom in action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What time is match on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

What time is match on at?

2.45 on ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

1 nil theo!

Very solid finisher these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Something odd about that away kit.

Something odd about that away kit.

I notice kits are very influenced by the general urban wear you see lads donning today. Liverpool's third could go with a pair chessboard canvas shoes as i alluded to on the new kits thread. :)

Carl Jenkinson designed a baseball cap to complement this new shirt if you order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He wants to join, its arsenal who are messing him around.

It's real.

AdamD wrote: »

Silky smooth. If he tries that in PL match though he'll probably be getting a hard time from us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Liking the look of Gnabry. Hard to take anything from a game like this though!

L'prof wrote: »
    Liking the look of Gnabry. Hard to take anything from a game like this though!

We'll sell a few shirts and make a bit of money....thats about it.

I know he's only 16 but Zelalem looks absolute quality on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

giroud nice finish. 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

darego wrote: »
    giroud nice finish. 3-0

Cracking finish for Girouds second. Arsenal 4-0 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

giroud again. unbelievable finish

We are going to win the league by about 20pts i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Best team ever, who needs new signings??? Love pre-season friendlies :p

Nah, I'm actually very frustrated with the lack of signings. They'll all be deadline day bargains!

Bendtner to sign a 3 year extension

"He's like a new signing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Well going by the rumours it's not Higuain holding up the deal but Ancelotti.

This from the BBC website.
    Arsenal have told Gonzalo Higuain, 25, to hurry up and decide if he wants to join them after growing frustrated with the Real Madrid striker delaying his proposed move to north London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

No wonder I am confused.

dvemail wrote: »
    We are going to win the league by about 20pts i reckon.

For sure.

We've beaten the pick of Indonesia....i mean who out there can stop us now in all realistic honesty?

This from the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

No wonder I am confused.

Now we know why Arsenal released the Suarez story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Arsenal Player is now free on the website? Is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's in the news today for the wrong reasons yet again. Some woman claiming he threw a drink over her in a club. Classy as ever.

He's in the news today for the wrong reasons yet again. Some woman claiming he threw a drink over her in a club. Classy as ever.

The guy is a brat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

John Cross (yes I know) reckons the hold up is at Arsenal's end as they look to see how viable the Suarez deal is. A bird in the hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

**** off.no chance!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Seems to be the highest rated of the youngsters at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would look good against Indonesia.
    Let's wait 'till we see him play against quality opposition.
    He does look good though.

Guardian claiming we are going to up bid for Suarez to £35m...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/14/arsenal-luis-suarez-arsene-wenger?CMP=twt_gu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Guardian claiming we are going to up bid for Suarez to £35m...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/14/arsenal-luis-suarez-arsene-wenger?CMP=twt_gu

rumour has its been rejected.

Leiva wrote: »
    rumour has its been rejected.

Any truth to the rumour that he has to be informed if a bid of £40m or more is submitted?

Any truth to the rumour that he has to be informed if a bid of £40m or more is submitted?

It's nearly 50/50 between journos and the more reliable sources if one even exists.

It's hard to say but LFC are definitely in the driving seat on this one. He has 3yrs+ of a contract.

I can't see him playing in the PL next season but if he is it won't be in red.City are just waiting imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Leiva wrote: »
    It's nearly 50/50 between journos and the more reliable sources if one even exists.

It's hard to say but LFC are definitely in the driving seat on this one. He has 3yrs+ of a contract.

I can't see him playing in the PL next season but if he is it won't be in red.City are just waiting imo

That's what we thought with Cesc in fairness.

A bid of £40m is needed just to speak to Suarez and Liverpool supposedly. So these lowball bids are obviously not serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

rarnes1 wrote: »
    A bid of £40m is needed just to speak to Suarez and Liverpool supposedly. So these lowball bids are obviously not serious.

Except that doesn't really make sense. It would mean that even if Liverpool were mad about selling him, they couldn't sell him for less than 40m, the way you put it there anyway.

And 35m isn't far off what he's worth to be honest given all his shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He's not worth £40m imo.

Ill be disappointed if the club spend that amount of money on him considering all the baggage that comes with him.

cson wrote: »
    He's not worth £40m imo.

Ill be disappointed if the club spend that amount of money on him considering all the baggage that comes with him.

You wont be saying that if/when he is lifting some silverware into the air with fireworks and a ticket parade all around.:D

30m/35m can hardly be considered lowball bids. Hes probably worth 40m and you don't offer that the first time round..

He will go for close to £45mil.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement