Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Would you rather live in Barcelona, sunny, you're hometown, all that good stuff. Play with Messi. Neymar. Xavi. Iniesta. Win your league, be perennial CL contenders.
    Or.
    Live in Manchester. Rainy. Dull. Grotty. Skanks. Play with Anderson. Buttner. Fletcher. Nani. Under Moyes. In uncertain times. Not be CL contenders really. Not even gonna win the league.

It’s a no brainer.

If Barca do sell him then there has to be some kind of financial problem or something. Unless UTD bid 50million or so they will have lost money on him if we are getting 50%. Just makes no sense at all. Will never happen I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

jonny666 wrote: »
    If Barca do sell him then there has to be some kind of financial problem or something. Unless UTD bid 50million or so they will have lost money on him if we are getting 50%. Just makes no sense at all. Will never happen I think

They have a debt of €600 million from poor financial management.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

They have a debt of €600 million from poor financial management.

Uniteds debt is of a similar nature, and barca are a hugely valuable club, until someone calls in those debts they're fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Joel Campbell got his work permit.

Perhaps a loan spell in the championship or a lower PL side could be good for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

lol at this, fan runs along side the Arsenal bus for 5 miles and they eventually bring him on board, he's on the front page of arsenal.com at the moment.

"sign him up, sign him up"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Another day with no news. Damn this summer is going slow. I figured with the new Sky money due that teams would be flashing the cash.

I'd be getting worried if other teams were spending but as they aint yet I'm going to remain calm...........ish

Liverpools chief executive confirmed we made a bid for Suarez

Not even gonna win the league.

Dude, you never write UTD off. Their squad is too good not to be challenging for the league.

Minus the Fergie factor fair enough but Moyes is just the man to steady the ship

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

When the first big transfer happens you will see a domino effect and a good few deals will get done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Would you rather live in Barcelona, sunny, you're hometown, all that good stuff. Play with Messi. Neymar. Xavi. Iniesta. Win your league, be perennial CL contenders.
    Or.
    Live in Manchester. Rainy. Dull. Grotty. Skanks. Play with Anderson. Buttner. Fletcher. Nani. Under Moyes. In uncertain times. Not be CL contenders really. Not even gonna win the league.

It’s a no brainer.
    Is there a reason you left out RVP, Carrick and Rio and thats not including Rooney?
    Cause Barca has some crap players in there team you could have listed instead.
    You include Moyes but then leave out Tita who tbh is a nothing manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I get tgat sone dob't want him for other reasons but, on footballing terms alone, anyone think the Suarez proven PL ability makes him worth the premium over Higuain?

I mean on one hand you've Silva, Mata, Ageuro, Torres, Fabregas and so on ...

But on the other you've Veron, Crespo, Morientes, Reyes, Forlan, Kanoute ...

I'm not buying into that 'oh it's the toughest league blah blah' but some players just don't settle to England or the league or whatever.

Veron was awesome at Lazio, simply awesome, but he was so unsuited to the high tempo, kick and rush game of England that he's become a synonym for bad signings.

Wouldn't it suck if our big signing of the summer flopped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

astonaidan wrote: »
    Is there a reason you left out RVP, Carrick and Rio and thats not including Rooney?

Carrick si decent but is no xavi/iniesta.

Rio is getting old and he is not even uniteds best CB. RVP i will give you that.

Barca have more class players though

astonaidan wrote: »

yep, i deliberately included uniteds weakest players to convince myself that cesc wont go there :)

The only thing that convinces me that we could be on the cusp of signing a big name or two is the enthusiasm within the dressing room. There seems to be a real confidence and buzz about the players this year. You got that lack of optimism the last few years but you see players believing they can challenge for the leagues again then there must be something in the waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The only thing that convinces me that we could be on the cusp of signing a big name or two is the enthusiasm within the dressing room. There seems to be a real confidence and buzz about the players this year. You got that lack of optimism the last few years but you see players believing they can challenge for the leagues again then there must be something in the waters

I like Artetas comments putting a little bit of pressure on the club to carry through with the spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I like Artetas comments putting a little bit of pressure on the club to carry through with the spending.

I must say I have really taking to Arteta in the short time he has been at the club, he is a real leader, passionate about the club and wears his heart on his sleeve, its a trait that has been severely lacking throughout the club the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Theres a fair bit of activity in the market across Europe.
    England is surprisingly quiet.
    Poor Sky sources are having to come up with all sorts of stories!

Considering the alleged closeness between the Arsenal and Liverpool boards, does anyone think we might be in cahoots against Madrid? Us to get Higuain at a keen price, them to offload Suarez for as much as possible?
    No, me neither:D

Such tortureous fun being a gooner aint it.
    Even when the glass is 3/4s full........

jester77 wrote: »
    lol at this, fan runs along side the Arsenal bus for 5 miles and they eventually bring him on board, he's on the front page of arsenal.com at the moment.

"sign him up, sign him up"

Next time Im in London, i know what to do!
    Better bring my runners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

i will get sick if cesc joins utd. i dont think i could handle it, too much.

Cesc to United and
    Arsenal win league

They can have him.

I really cant see him going there though, i actually really cant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

dvemail wrote: »

Reading that made me smile and im hoping what he says comes true! What a position we would be in then! :D

dvemail wrote: »

Thats a great read cheers for that, I totally agree with him on the goalkeeping selection, I would have Fab over Chesney all day long as he has seemed to have matured quite a bit after his spell on the sidelines.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thats a great read cheers for that, I totally agree with him on the goalkeeping selection, I would have Fab over Chesney all day long as he has seemed to have matured quite a bit after his spell on the sidelines.

Good that we have a situation where Fab is at least pushing Ches and maybe we should look at the situation more this year before deciding whether to release of persist with Fab. Fact is Ches was probably fortunate to get his number 1 shirt back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Szczesny all day for me, had a bit of a nightmare last season but his passion on and off the field for our club is exceptional. When he's on form he's a beast.

dp7fb4.jpg

:(:(:(

ah

So rooney. Just do it arsene.

So rooney. Just do it arsene.

No thanks

• Advertisement

No thanks

I'm getting desperate.

Was just on wikipedia to see how long we have til the start of the season, starting to get a little restless now.

Came across something pretty funny too. The list of our players with the most appearances looks like this:
    1. Walcott
    2. Sagna
    3. Rosicky
    4 .Diaby
    5. Bendtner

Pretty depressing for 3 of the top 5 to be a couple of sicknotes and another player who has barely played in a couple of years. Arshavin actually would've been 7th highest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Was just on wikipedia to see how long we have til the start of the season, starting to get a little restless now.

Came across something pretty funny too. The list of our players with the most appearances looks like this:
    1. Walcott
    2. Sagna
    3. Rosicky
    4 .Diaby
    5. Bendtner

Pretty depressing for 3 of the top 5 to be a couple of sicknotes and another player who has barely played in a couple of years. Arshavin actually would've been 7th highest.

You always know how to pick us up don't you Button? :P

Well we could always go with "our year" instead, but I think that one's taken :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenals No 1 fan says buy Rooney & Suarez!
    Piers Morgan @piersmorgan 3h

Suarez and Rooney are both available and want to leave their clubs - if #Arsenal want to win trophies, break the bank and sign them both.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wouldn't break the bank but two strikers wouldn't be a priority for me.

• Advertisement

I really really really want higauin over everyone else

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Higuain, Bender and Bernard/Fabregas and I'll be a happy camper.

Higuain, Bender or similar and a backup cb. delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I really really really want higauin over everyone else

That transfer has been such a drawn out tease it would leave a bad taste in our mouths if it doesn't materialise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

HazDanz wrote: »
    That transfer has been such a drawn out tease it would leave a bad taste in our mouths if it doesn't materialise.

If Saurez is signed instead i wouldn't care tbh, probably even say the same if it was Rooney too

I think a small part of it is that arsenal haven't been able to sign a player like this in years and people just want it to happen, another is they don't like the other two on a personal level even if both of them are probably better than Higuain, if you were being honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If we do sign Suarez. I will be both excited and disgusted at the same time :):(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is it Lars or Sven we're after? Either way, sign him up AW.

Solely just for the opportunities to post pics/memes of the below.

1524097-zz.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm higuain all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Suarez, Higuain, Rooney. In that order, but I'd be happy with any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Higuain was on about joining a club where he really felt wanted, arsenal are making a good job of showing him that anyway :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Suarez, Higuain, Rooney. In that order, but I'd be happy with any of them.

We'll probably end up signing another Francis Jeffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

the only transfer that realistically has a decent chance in hell is still higuain if you ask me. do you think were gonna spend 40mill on suarez or you think rooney will play for us? or fabregas will leave the only club he truly loves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

the only transfer that realistically has a decent chance in hell is still higuain if you ask me. do you think were gonna spend 40mill on suarez or you think rooney will play for us? or fabregas will leave the only club he truly loves?

Apparently, with all the add on's the Suarez bid was close to £40m. If we up the offer it will be over £40m.

I don't think higauin is better than Rooney or Suarez

I just personally hate the other 2

But I'm a football fan which means I'm fickle as ****

So If we sign either and they start banging in the goals I would be won over very easy

Cazorla to athletico rumours. Laughable.
    He seems very happy at the Arsenal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement